• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Upcoming DC Comics Adaptations

I don't really care about the DCEU, Gunn & Safran are free to do what they like, but WB letting both Henry Cavill & Gal Gadot post to social that they were happy to be back, then pull the rug out from under them within days is a pretty shitty way of doing business.
It is sloppy and just shows how WB treats its people. Not very nice at all.

Let's see how much of this actually happens...

FB_IMG_1675193604394.jpg

https://screenrant.com/dc-movie-tv-slate-james-gunn/

I am singularly unimpressed.

Also, why does James Gunn's face appear to be made out of plastic? The image looks terribly photoshopped.

Last edited:
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom: A rollicking adventure. Black Mantra is back, still intent on revenge for his father's death. This time he has discovered technology from Ancient Atlantis, frozen in ice but accessible due to Global Warming resulting on melting ice. This includes a "haunted" trident, a submarine and some cool bathyscaphes with tentacles. The submarine is a bit dodgy, reminiscent of Seaview with it's latge windows. So Aquaman has another battle if not a war to fight. He also has a belligerent Council to deal with who are intent on curbing his power to rule. Throw in Black Mantra who now has enhanced powers due to the trident and tou have all the ingredients for an interesting tomr. Did I mention that Black Mantra is using ancient Atlantean power sources to increase global Warming? Why you ask? Oh it's a Bond Villain kind of thing, Mantra even has a hollow volcano Headquarters. That cute/annoying octopus is alsi back as are the myriad denizens of the deep. Some great fight scenes and Aquaman even has to free his villainous brother to join in his struggles against the Mantra.A line of humour runs through this film and prevents it from taking itself too seriously. Directed by James Wan from a screenplay by Wan & David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick. 7.5/10.

In cinemas.

Back