• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

"...But why didn't you take a photo?"

**I found these two interesting claims among the comments on a YouTube timeslip video:**

**johnmeldrum4717** *(1 year ago)* I was at our local outdoor swimming pool back in the late 1960s. I came out of the changing cubicle and it seemed different - lots of different kids there *[and]* no sign of my big sister or my friends. I didn't mind - I just ran into the shallow *[end]* kids and started playing. Shortly after, a press photographer said, "Come, kids, look this way for a photograph!" He was standing by the diving area.

About 10 years ago I was passing the local newspaper office and there was the picture in the window. I went in and asked about "my" picture in the window. I chatted with the staff, saying that I remember that photo being taken in the late 60s. The staff said, "No, it was taken in 1951."

I was born in 1962, but there I am in black-and-white and I remember the day clearly, so I must have slipped through a time glitch that day back to 1951. ...The buildings in the background tell their own story - it was a weird day for sure. ...I am so glad to have that photo to back up the memory - a curious mystery.

**pauldangerfield3122** *(1 year ago)* I know of a man who was walking in France on a path which was part of a First World War battle. His camera was slung over his shoulder and for no reason the flash and camera went off. He thought nothing of it but when he got back home and had his photographs developed, on this one picture were soldiers very close charging across the field. Really freaked him out. I've seen a copy of the photo and you can clearly see they were French soldiers. Very disturbing.

...This was a friend of a friend going back to the late 1990s. I was told what happened and was shown a copy of the photograph. You could clearly see an action shot of soldiers - possibly French - charging across field and close-up. You could see that they weren't solid but uniforms were clearly visible. The original photo was with this man it happened to and my friend had stated it really messed him up, scared him. The original was even more clear. I can attest the guy I knew did not make things up - very sound fella.

**Source:**

*(minor edits for clarity)*

‘Seven more oddities of time and space

**The following accounts are the 'also-ran' experiences reported in the same YouTube comments section that featured the two stories of timeslips with photographs that I highlighted last weekend.**

**ruthanneseven** *(2 years ago)* I experienced a time slip one Easter. I was about 9 years old, and was playing outside. We wandered into a part of the woods we generally avoided, and there were these gigantic, ancient, empty snail shells lying around that I'd never seen before!

They looked very fragile, and I didn't want to break one accidentally. Going back the next day, prepared to collect one of them, [I found] the snail shells had all vanished. Not a speck remained! I decided that I had somehow been transported. This happened over 55 years ago, but it's still a fresh memory.

**IKEMENOsakaman** *(2 years ago)* ...When my dad was younger and was solo hiking in the mountains of southern Japan, he saw hundreds of samurai in armours, carrying swords, and also carrying injured people on their backs. Nobody believed him, and my family still makes fun of it. But he is not a kind of guy to joke around like that.

**geminil2415** *(1 year ago)* I had a time slip no more than 11 months ago. It wasn't spooky, it was just strange and unexplainable, and it was just a slip forward of about 25-30 minutes.

With two of my sisters I had been to a gathering of family and friends at my brother's house, as we often do. My younger sister lived not too far away from him so we were staying the night at hers. My husband was picking us up the next morning and dropping my older sister home.

We'd had some breakfast and were just sitting at the table drinking coffee and talking. I was seated next to the window looking over her small garden. Her dog, which was lying down, suddenly was running to the door barking madly at someone there.I automatically glanced out of the window [and] saw my husband struggling with the gate to get in. The gate is usually bolted and the bolt is difficult to reach without standing on a small ledge of wall (my sister has it this way to prevent anyone getting into her garden and stealing her dog). The sister sitting next to me was rising to go to the door. I told her it was ok, it was just my hubby [so] I'd get it.

I could see him quite clearly - it is a very small garden [so] he was only a few strides away. He was standing on the stone ledge leaning over the gate trying to reach the bolt. I walked the few steps to let him in. I thought he had stepped off the wall as he had seen me coming but when I opened the gate he wasn't there.

I looked both ways along the pathway - no sign of him. I then thought he must have gone back to the car for something. I went under the archway to the front where the car gets parked. There was no hubby and no car there.

It was freezing cold so I hurried back in thinking to hell with him. They looked at me closing the door and asked was he not coming in? I said, "He's not there." They said, "What do you mean, he's not there? Where is he?" I told them I didn't know where he'd gone to but he wasn't there and I wasn't standing outside in the cold looking for him. We were puzzled but just went back to our chatting at the table.

About half an hour later the exact same thing happened: the dog was up barking and going mad just as before, [and] I could see him there struggling with the gate again. As I went down the path again I stopped and looked at him. I said, "Here, I've just done all this before about half an hour ago."

He was still standing on the ledge. He didn't know what I was talking about. "You were here," I said, "At the gate, trying to get in the same as you are now. You were wearing your exact same clothes and hat and and then you disappeared." He just looked bemused and said he'd just come now, what was I talking about?

My sisters know it happened; I know it happened. Your guess is as good as mine.

**aariley2** *(1 year ago)* ...This happened to both my mother and I in Eureka Springs, AR. We walked down the wrong road thinking we were walking up to the Crescent Hotel which is noted to be haunted.

Anyway, we were hot and thirsty and we passed a shop where a man in old clothes was making windows the old-fashioned way. We thought he was simply demonstrating the process as happens in a lot of historical places. We went inside the shop and used the restroom and got a cup of lemonade for an unusually small price. Then we chatted with the lady and our conversation went to her display window. She was so happy we noticed her handiwork in window dressing.

"Let me show you my last year's Christmas display," she said. She proceeded to pull out a black and white photograph trimmed around the edges like they used to do way-back-when. The picture showed a 1930's car and a window full of old dolls. It was not a set up picture to look old.

By this time we were both getting a very odd feeling and finally managed to end the conversation and leave. As soon as we left, things returned to the present (circa 1989). We looked back. The shop was empty. We walked really fast back to the car and went home.

**ThePlataf** *(6 months ago)* I was travelling in India in the tea hills, and found lodgings in a town called Ooty. Sitting in the lounge room, I heard a game of tennis being played outside, and decided to find if we could hire racquets.

I asked the manager and she said there were no tennis courts there. I pointed in the direction that I'd heard the sound of balls, and she smilingly told me that there had once been a tennis court, back in the 1930s! It had been dismantled during WW2.

Next day, I went for a stroll, and listened to the sound of bagpipes. As India has still a lot of British influence, I was expecting to see a highland band - probably with men wearing turbans as well as kilts! - and waited and waited...but no band appeared.

The kindly manager informed me that British military had been stationed in the hills, and maybe I'd heard their ghosts, or perhaps I'd been in Ooty in a past life. I'd love to know!

**healingandgrowthinfp4677** *(1 year ago)* I do believe it is residual [haunting]. I had an experience when I was a teen: I
saw the whole [sequence of a condemned man] walking to the gallows, with carriage, cage, horses, blue-dressed policemen, all the nasty, aggressive, angry, hateful, crowd. They appeared and disappeared before my eyes - and I did rub my eyes to make sure I was OK. The sky changed from wet [and] cloudy to sunny [and] bright instantly too, and then instantly back to wet puddles, rain and clouds.

The man and woman in old-fashioned clothes were the only ones who looked at me. I believe the woman was the mother of the boy going to be executed. She - I don't blame her - looked at me with anger and the man with sideburns looked at me gently, with reassurance. I believe he knew I wasn't one of the crowd.

I couldn't move much from the spot I was in to touch anything as it happened around me. To be honest, I would have stopped what was about to happen to that poor boy. I felt so helpless - it must be how the boy's parents felt - but I felt at the time, why show me if I can’t change it?

I wonder if he [the man with sideburns] was showing me what happened. Maybe the female was trapped, repeating it out; maybe the man was needing my help to free her from the past to move on in spirit? Makes me wonder now. They were very much aware of my presence. The scene played out like it was happening that day. Spirits must be caught up, even stuck in residual haunting. It isn't just atmosphere memory.

**angr3819** *(2 years ago)* It happened to me and my boyfriend of the time, back in the early 1970s. We knew there was something not right but didn't know what until we passed a small inn we had been in, and [noticed] it was closed by 9.40pm. We mentioned to a local it had closed early and he told us it had closed down 5 years before!

There were other odd things - too much to write here. There were a couple of times in that hour or so we had both felt in mortal danger. Freaked us both out. Strange thing is, the barman took decimal currency and shouldn't have.

When my then-boyfriend bought drinks at the bar, he gave and received decimal coinage. I have read accounts of the same happening to others.

We didn't consider at the time but maybe it was a shift to a different dimension rather than time travel. If there hadn't been two of us I would have put it down to imagination.

...I never want to experience that again. I wouldn't wish it on anyone as it was very frightening.

*(minor edits for clarity)*’

https://www.reddit.com/r/timeslip/s/MQCIcQDRxl

The scantily clad one doesn’t seem very believable. Other good ones though.

Eight more close encounters with people of the past

**These curious little tales are the cream of the crop in an 11,000-comment series of responses to one YouTube time travel video:**

**C.O.G.** *(2 years ago)* ...When my father was a young man, living in a wooded area in the country, he had to walk a couple of miles along a mountain trail to the nearby village to catch his ride to work. One morning, he was in a fair-sized clearing along the trail when, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a man walking along the trail behind him, carrying a huge section of a log on his shoulder.

There was a small stream in the trail that Dad had to jump across. After crossing the stream he decided to stop and speak to the man but when he turned around, there was no one there. The man and his massive burden had vanished. Dad said that he scanned around the clearing edges, but there was no way the man could have gone out of sight so quickly, as the clearing was pretty large in every direction.

**NigelDixon1952** *(4 years ago)* I was about four years old and living with my family on a small farm here in the UK. I was playing out in our yard as usual one day, when I saw literally hundreds of WW2 bombers flying right over one of our fields not far away from me. The sound of all those piston engines was deafening, and made the ground shake. There were so many bombers flying over that it took over five minutes for them all to pass. The strange thing is, I wasn't born until 1952, seven years after the end of the war, and if I was four years old it would have been 1956!

I am now 66 years old, and the day those bombers flew over is as fresh in my mind as it was on the day it happened. Were they all on their way to the scrap yard, or did I witness an event that had taken place years before?

**tank_wigan_72** *(4 years ago)* I believe that time slips or time travel are real after my short brief encounter with an odd-looking man dressed in Victorian clothing who was wearing a top hat and black long coat with a pocket watch chained to his coat, who suddenly appeared a few feet away in front of me and then stopped to ask me what the time was. After I told this man the time it was, who I thought was on his way to a fancy dress party, [he] then vanished after he walked right past me.

This happened like over 30 years ago - back in the early 1980s when I was about 10 years old - and at the time I thought I had seen a ghost but since I have started to watch these videos of time slips/travel I am convinced that I have met somebody from the Victorian days.

**lourdcar1116** *(4 years ago)* I’m not sure if time travel is real now or not, but my mom and I had the same experience as the two authors *[Moberly and Jourdain]* seeing Marie Antoinette. Except we were in Mexico by the pyramids and all of a sudden everything turned like new - like if it was those Mayan or Aztec times. I even saw one of them walking towards me. His outfit was amazing. I can continue with this but it will take too long. However I’ve never been able to explain it but I have definitely been amazed.

**jessicapope9989** *(3 years ago)* I have been through more than a few time slips myself. First time I was so young it was quite terrifying. Eventually I just soaked in everything I saw after that. Latest being at Goodale Park in Columbus, Ohio, while sitting on a rail of the gazebo in short shorts and a spaghetti strap. Seeing people in corset dresses and knickers was weird. Someone even tried to take a photo of me.

Three blocks of the grassy park were replaced with three blocks of old-ass homes. No freeway and there were carriages everywhere. Chills anyone? They looked so taken back at the sight of me. A lady even fainted. I probably would have had the same reaction if I lived back then.

My friends [in the present time] watched me disappear and reappear - I still speak to the witnesses.

**LS-up5ni** *(3 years ago)* In 1978, I witnessed what I thought at the time was some sort of re-enactment in the grounds of the Palace of Versailles.

As I was walking alone in the grounds, a worried-looking man in a very authentic-looking, tatty period costume rushed past me. He had bad pock-marked skin and lank hair and was trying to keep control of a slipping bundle of papers in his arms.

I turned to have another look at him after he had passed and he had disappeared. It wasn't until much later that I came across the story of the two ladies *[Moberly and Jourdain]* in 1901.

**Araconox** *(4 years ago)* As a psychic I have had several experiences in which for some reason the distant past appears to me as if I am thrust into a previous time period - almost like the past period is as if it is the present.

Several I can recall are in the cliff dwellers in New Mexico who lived 800 years ago; and also near Hendersonville, NC, where my husband and I were walking behind a home built in 1720. All of a sudden I was cast amidst an Indian encampment from centuries before. The people could see me but not my husband, who didn't have the same experience.

**wittyclips...** *(1 year ago)* I saw a World War I soldier (time traveler?) at Walmart once. He was waiting in line and looked really bored. He was young (20s) and dressed in a very clean "Doughboy" United States infantryman's uniform. He was thin and short like many people were in the beginning of the twentieth century.

Of course, it could have been just a cosplay costume. It was very random. The older woman with him was dressed ordinarily. This was about 2014.

https://www.reddit.com/r/timeslip/s/355fxariXj

The thing is, that of course you just can’t believe everyone’s account on the internet; they may just be trolling or bored or embroidering, but I read accounts of ‘slips’ years before the internet and while you have to be aware people may just be lying I tend to think there’s too many of them for there not to be something happening. There’s just a lot we don’t know.

And there was the time my mother and stepfather saw my uncle drive past and turn to go to their house when at the time he was about half an hour away. They turned back, no mobiles back then, to let him in the house and there was no car, no him, and no car like his anywhere about and no-one who looked like him.

The layout of where they lived meant that there were set parking spaces for rows of houses and no roads leading through; you turned to go to their house and would have to turn around somewhere to come back onto the main road. In the couple of minutes or less it took my stepfather to turn the car with the road perfectly visible to both he and my mother, there simply was nowhere for my uncle to have gone. It wasn’t a crisis apparition, my uncle was just coming down from Wales for a week to work and staying with them.

They were extremely puzzled and told him when he got there. At the time they saw he’d stopped for a bite and a drink at a pub. I think this is more like seeing something that happened in a different timeline, when he arrived earlier.

They do seem to like their time travellers holding mobile phones. How do they think those people can actually be using them when the infrastructure is still decades in the future.
I really really can’t get my head around the woman at the Charlie Chaplin premiere and what she’s doing. I’ve heard hearing aids mentioned but she really looks like she’s talking to it.

The scantily clad one doesn’t seem very believable. Other good ones though.

Eight more close encounters with people of the past

**These curious little tales are the cream of the crop in an 11,000-comment series of responses to one YouTube time travel video:**

**C.O.G.** *(2 years ago)* ...When my father was a young man, living in a wooded area in the country, he had to walk a couple of miles along a mountain trail to the nearby village to catch his ride to work. One morning, he was in a fair-sized clearing along the trail when, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a man walking along the trail behind him, carrying a huge section of a log on his shoulder.

There was a small stream in the trail that Dad had to jump across. After crossing the stream he decided to stop and speak to the man but when he turned around, there was no one there. The man and his massive burden had vanished. Dad said that he scanned around the clearing edges, but there was no way the man could have gone out of sight so quickly, as the clearing was pretty large in every direction.

**NigelDixon1952** *(4 years ago)* I was about four years old and living with my family on a small farm here in the UK. I was playing out in our yard as usual one day, when I saw literally hundreds of WW2 bombers flying right over one of our fields not far away from me. The sound of all those piston engines was deafening, and made the ground shake. There were so many bombers flying over that it took over five minutes for them all to pass. The strange thing is, I wasn't born until 1952, seven years after the end of the war, and if I was four years old it would have been 1956!

I am now 66 years old, and the day those bombers flew over is as fresh in my mind as it was on the day it happened. Were they all on their way to the scrap yard, or did I witness an event that had taken place years before?

**tank_wigan_72** *(4 years ago)* I believe that time slips or time travel are real after my short brief encounter with an odd-looking man dressed in Victorian clothing who was wearing a top hat and black long coat with a pocket watch chained to his coat, who suddenly appeared a few feet away in front of me and then stopped to ask me what the time was. After I told this man the time it was, who I thought was on his way to a fancy dress party, [he] then vanished after he walked right past me.

This happened like over 30 years ago - back in the early 1980s when I was about 10 years old - and at the time I thought I had seen a ghost but since I have started to watch these videos of time slips/travel I am convinced that I have met somebody from the Victorian days.

**lourdcar1116** *(4 years ago)* I’m not sure if time travel is real now or not, but my mom and I had the same experience as the two authors *[Moberly and Jourdain]* seeing Marie Antoinette. Except we were in Mexico by the pyramids and all of a sudden everything turned like new - like if it was those Mayan or Aztec times. I even saw one of them walking towards me. His outfit was amazing. I can continue with this but it will take too long. However I’ve never been able to explain it but I have definitely been amazed.

**jessicapope9989** *(3 years ago)* I have been through more than a few time slips myself. First time I was so young it was quite terrifying. Eventually I just soaked in everything I saw after that. Latest being at Goodale Park in Columbus, Ohio, while sitting on a rail of the gazebo in short shorts and a spaghetti strap. Seeing people in corset dresses and knickers was weird. Someone even tried to take a photo of me.

Three blocks of the grassy park were replaced with three blocks of old-ass homes. No freeway and there were carriages everywhere. Chills anyone? They looked so taken back at the sight of me. A lady even fainted. I probably would have had the same reaction if I lived back then.

My friends [in the present time] watched me disappear and reappear - I still speak to the witnesses.

**LS-up5ni** *(3 years ago)* In 1978, I witnessed what I thought at the time was some sort of re-enactment in the grounds of the Palace of Versailles.

As I was walking alone in the grounds, a worried-looking man in a very authentic-looking, tatty period costume rushed past me. He had bad pock-marked skin and lank hair and was trying to keep control of a slipping bundle of papers in his arms.

I turned to have another look at him after he had passed and he had disappeared. It wasn't until much later that I came across the story of the two ladies *[Moberly and Jourdain]* in 1901.

**Araconox** *(4 years ago)* As a psychic I have had several experiences in which for some reason the distant past appears to me as if I am thrust into a previous time period - almost like the past period is as if it is the present.

Several I can recall are in the cliff dwellers in New Mexico who lived 800 years ago; and also near Hendersonville, NC, where my husband and I were walking behind a home built in 1720. All of a sudden I was cast amidst an Indian encampment from centuries before. The people could see me but not my husband, who didn't have the same experience.

**wittyclips...** *(1 year ago)* I saw a World War I soldier (time traveler?) at Walmart once. He was waiting in line and looked really bored. He was young (20s) and dressed in a very clean "Doughboy" United States infantryman's uniform. He was thin and short like many people were in the beginning of the twentieth century.

Of course, it could have been just a cosplay costume. It was very random. The older woman with him was dressed ordinarily. This was about 2014.

https://www.reddit.com/r/timeslip/s/355fxariXj

"I have been through more than a few time slips myself" is in the same category as "I have always been in touch with the other side", that is the opening line of attention seeking fiction.

Five more subtle slips from YouTube, with reflections upon the possibilities that time travel offers us

**Welcome to another weekend selection box of lesser-known timeslip experiences shared in the readers' responses to a YouTube video about some better-known cases:**

**karensastclair6169** *(1 year ago)* ...I was last to leave our office [in Albemarle Street, London W1] and turned off the hallway lights which should have plunged me into darkness. However, I noticed a light behind me, so turned and saw the hallway was completely different.

There was straw on the floor, it stank like a sewer or a farm mixed in with burning oil or wax. The staircase was now on both sides. There were leather items around, weird boot covers, this metal scraper thing with what looked like crap on it. I sensed someone who I couldn't see was staring at me. I felt their fear and that made me become terrified. I turned to the door - it was pitch black now - and grappled to find the handle. I ran all the way to Green Park station.

The next day I questioned the building manager what the building was centuries ago, if he knew. He said that the building goes back to [the] 1600s and was part of the Duke of Devonshire's estate where the horses were kept, so I guess that's why I saw and smelt all that.

I was relieved when my employers said they were moving, though, and I never left late after that. I tried to always leave with others.

**davidponseigo8811** *(1 year ago)* I had an experience over 20 years ago on Halloween night at an event at the Mansfield Battlefield in Mansfield, Louisiana, where the Civil War battle of Mansfield occurred.

While walking around after dark with my wife and a few friends and talking to re-enactors in Confederate uniforms, we wandered into the surrounding woods and came up to a camp fire with tents around it and a few soldiers and talked for about an hour.

We walked back out to the main area and talked to the historian who put on the Halloween event, and mentioned the soldiers in the woods - which surprised him as he said no re-enactors were out there where we were. So who the hell were we talking to? I have talked to other people who have had similar experiences out there on regular nights and even in the day time.

**MPT1983** *(1 year ago)* Five years ago I had a weird possible timeslip experience. I was driving back to my old home town to see my parents. As I was driving down the street my folks still lived on, I saw coming towards me an old car we had back when I was a kid, a 1981 bright orange Ford Escort. As it passed me I swear I saw my father in the driver's seat - but how he looked when I was a kid, with short grey hair and a bushy dark moustache. He even had these brown aviator sunglasses on [that] he always wore while driving.

I got such a shock I pulled over and had the urge to turn around and follow it but was overcome with this strange feeling, like a voice in my head telling me to let it go and carry on. I saw in my rear view mirror the car [go] round a corner and out of sight.

**margaretwoodward8633** *(1 year ago)* I had an experience years ago where the scene around me changed to that of the 17th or 18th century and the smells and sounds too: of the wheels of a cart on cobbles. I could see people in rags shoveling up manure off the road and shoveling it onto a cart; saw other horse-drawn carriages passing too. There were gas lights instead of normal lamp-posts. The buildings around me were old of that time too. And people in the costumes of that time. ...[A]ll of a sudden it went back, but there had been other times like this too in the same area.

This was way back in 1980s [that] this happened to me. Another time I saw myself get out of a horse-drawn carriage with a dress of the 1700s or 1800s, with two gentlemen wearing frock coats and top hats. It had stopped at the other side of the road further down in the High Street of Edinburgh. I was standing waiting to cross the road towards North Bridge in Edinburgh. This episode happened a couple of times, maybe more. So I agree timeslips do happen to people.

**mariebaggstrom8066** *(1 year ago)* I had weird timeslip experience. I had left my husband [and was] flatting in an old town in New Zealand with a friend. We sat out front of the oldest house built there, on the verandah, and had just started drinking, [when] a car drove past real slow.

We both watched it drive past. I recognized it as a car my parents had when I was 13. I looked closely at a girl in the back seat - I thought, "My god, that looks like me!" I looked in the front passenger seat quickly - it looked just like my mum.

I was amazed by this but said nothing, but then my flatmate said, "That girl in the back looked like you so much!" I replied, "I thought the same thing - and lady in the front looked like my mum."

I even had a memory as it happened that we had driven by this house years ago, as my aunty lived up the road round the corner, and this was known as "the miner's cottage" - oldest house there.

**davidcollins5763** *(1 year ago)* I'm not sure what to make of this. Let's suppose time travel was possible and you could go to any time period you want. Say you went back to where you lived as a child and you appeared there and saw yourself as a young boy - could you speak to him? And suppose your father died when you were, say, 10 - could you speak to him? This is a very strange thing to ask, I know, but all this is mind-blowing. I also think people who have the means to time travel would leave this time to escape Armageddon. The very idea [of] time travel is a real mind-blower. If we could all time travel, where would you like to go to? I'd be really interested to know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/timeslip/s/5XQ3HhotQ8

A mix of more prosaic and Fortean fears in this thread:

This, extremely brief one, is very odd:

Girlfriend and I disappeared for 8-10 hours one night. Went to bed as normal. Familly emergency happened. Relatives came looking for us in our room and we just weren't there.

Small room, small bed, duvet. Several relatives searching. No sign of us.

No follow up comments from the poster.

This is wonderful :)

1704024600819.png

A mix of more prosaic and Fortean fears in this thread:

This, extremely brief one, is very odd:

No follow up comments from the poster.
Something similar happened to me when sleeping in a Youth Hostel with a bunch of girls all on a biology field trip from school. I heard someone say 'where's Catseye?'
'In bed' replied someone else
'She's not! I can see her bed and she's not there!'

Whereupon I stuck my head up and proved that I was, indeed, very much there, just lying very flat.

It might be interesting to question how many cases of doppelganger might be time slips involving shorter time 'distances'. In my case, both doubles were seen in places I'd be expected to be seen (at home and in the kitchen area), dressed as expected, but in two places at once? The slip would not be noticed because the locations and clothing wouldn't have changed.

It might be interesting to question how many cases of doppelganger might be time slips involving shorter time 'distances'. In my case, both doubles were seen in places I'd be expected to be seen (at home and in the kitchen area), dressed as expected, but in two places at once? The slip would not be noticed because the locations and clothing wouldn't have changed.
I believe I've mentioned this previously, I was walking towards the platforms at Charing Cross station and saw myself identically dressed coming the other way.

There's not much to add. I was on the way home from work late in the afternoon and saw myself walking off the platforms as I did every morning. I was too surprised to make any attempt to do or say anything and it never happened again.
There were only the boards showing train times next to the platform barriers and nothing to cause a reflection.
I've always thought of it as some sort of vardoger phenomenon but maybe I briefly saw something that had happened about nine hours earlier.

There's not much to add. I was on the way home from work late in the afternoon and saw myself walking off the platforms as I did every morning. I was too surprised to make any attempt to do or say anything and it never happened again.
There were only the boards showing train times next to the platform barriers and nothing to cause a reflection.
I've always thought of it as some sort of vardoger phenomenon but maybe I briefly saw something that had happened about nine hours earlier.

Did you see your/his/its face? Did what you saw walk/act like you? I appreciate we might not be aware of our walks and movements as we are of others, as we seldom see ourselves, other than briefly in mirrors or in vids and photos.

The thing is with a lot of the stories they will remain just that without any context or background research, I was thinking this whilst reading some of the uncanny groups, if I see something as clearly formed as some of them claim, I would be doing a lot of research, so you see the ghost of an old man in your house, it's not hard to find out who lived in your house way back when (in the UK their are records from the 2nd world war and all the census information previously, at least we would have a bit of context

Did you see your/his/its face? Did what you saw walk/act like you? I appreciate we might not be aware of our walks and movements as we are of others, as we seldom see ourselves, other than briefly in mirrors or in vids and photos.
As far as I can remember it looked like me and was wearing an identical jacket or coat.
This was over twenty five years ago so recollections may vary.

I recognised myself but have no idea whether the other me reacted. It was a long time ago.
This is the sort of account that I like and find most plausible, an everyday environment and something happens that isn't dramatic or frightening just odd. To quote EF Benson, It came out of the dark, and into the dark it has gone again, and there's no real explanation or result.

9gag:
y0l0danklord420

1d
I remember when i started working as an intern in my current company. We had to install a bunch of security cameras in a huge building with a museum inside when my dude suddenly drilled a hole into a heating pipe. I heard a scream and the water started spraying all over the the antique shit they had on display there.
Well it was a pretty big building, we were pretty much alone, no one knew where we could turn the water off and every door to the basement was locked so i was left there to take care of the water while my buddy went away to turn the shit off somehow. Best hour of my life. First i tried shoving my finger into the hole. The water was hot as fk obviously but once i got used to it, it kinda worked. That was until the water went under the plaster and suddenly started gushing out like a meter to my left. I put my hand on it but then it came out in front of me and went right in my fkn mouth. Thats when i knew i want to become an electrician.

9gag:
y0l0danklord420

1d
I remember when i started working as an intern in my current company. We had to install a bunch of security cameras in a huge building with a museum inside when my dude suddenly drilled a hole into a heating pipe. I heard a scream and the water started spraying all over the the antique shit they had on display there.
Well it was a pretty big building, we were pretty much alone, no one knew where we could turn the water off and every door to the basement was locked so i was left there to take care of the water while my buddy went away to turn the shit off somehow. Best hour of my life. First i tried shoving my finger into the hole. The water was hot as fk obviously but once i got used to it, it kinda worked. That was until the water went under the plaster and suddenly started gushing out like a meter to my left. I put my hand on it but then it came out in front of me and went right in my fkn mouth. Thats when i knew i want to become an electrician.
The maintenance people testing the emergency showers managed to pull one off the wall on the floor below us, and nobody knew where the stopcock was. One of the post-docs put his finger in the hole for a while until we could locate a suitably sized plastic tube instead, and wait for someone to work out how to turn the water off. That was a fun afternoon of mopping up afterwards!

Back