• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

Who knows? But my Mum showed up to say goodbye to me as two small black feet walking in the door, with legs starting to form.
I haven't heard of any naked ghosts! :)
And I don't think they follow any rules.
Oh for Heaven's sake. How do ghosts expect science to take them seriously if they don't follow any rules?

'Two small black feet walking in the door' sounds intriguing, Ronnie. I have to ask how? When? Where? What?

Oh for Heaven's sake. How do ghosts expect science to take them seriously if they don't follow any rules?

'Two small black feet walking in the door' sounds intriguing, Ronnie. I have to ask how? When? Where? What?
My parents moved to Florida, I rarely saw them.
And as my Mum got older and I spoke with her on the phone occasionally, I noticed she wasn't the same. She also got quite nasty, which wasn't like her at all. So I knew something was wrong but my Dad wouldn't speak about it.
One morning I was in the kitchen taking laundry out of the washer to hang it. It was a beautiful day and I had the door open.
A huge gust of wind came flying into the door, and two small black feet were walking into the kitchen, the legs starting to form. I screamed and it disappeared.
I knew it was my Mum because of those small feet, she was a tiny person. She passed away from severe dementia / alzheimer's, not sure which, but it was the dreadfully violent type.
Two years ago, I woke at 4:00 a.m. gasping for breath, my throat had closed completely. Panic-stricken, I ran to the sink and managed to drink some water which opened my throat.
It was very puzzling, this had never happened to me before (or since). The first person I thought of was my Dad, and sure enough he passed away a few days later, at 4:00 a.m.

My parents moved to Florida, I rarely saw them.
And as my Mum got older and I spoke with her on the phone occasionally, I noticed she wasn't the same. She also got quite nasty, which wasn't like her at all. So I knew something was wrong but my Dad wouldn't speak about it.
One morning I was in the kitchen taking laundry out of the washer to hang it. It was a beautiful day and I had the door open.
A huge gust of wind came flying into the door, and two small black feet were walking into the kitchen, the legs starting to form. I screamed and it disappeared.
I knew it was my Mum because of those small feet, she was a tiny person. She passed away from severe dementia / alzheimer's, not sure which, but it was the dreadfully violent type.
Two years ago, I woke at 4:00 a.m. gasping for breath, my throat had closed completely. Panic-stricken, I ran to the sink and managed to drink some water which opened my throat.
It was very puzzling, this had never happened to me before (or since). The first person I thought of was my Dad, and sure enough he passed away a few days later, at 4:00 a.m.
Thanks, Ronnie. I have heard other stories (first hand) of people receiving what seem to have been farewell visits from the recently departed.

Personally, I have only experienced this kind of thing only twice, and neither was particularly remarkable. One was a kind of false alarm. I woke up in the night having dreamt of the photographic image of my late grandmother with an expression of stricken anguish frozen on her face. She had died many years previously and it took me some time to realise it was her face because I didn't know her that well, as she lived in Ireland. When I woke I had the strange and unshakable feeling that the image was floating above my head and I lay there fighting the urge to reach up and touch it. But I didn't reach up and I didn't open my eyes. Yes, I know. Coward.

But when I realised the face I had dreamt was my maternal grandmother, I suddenly got worried that it had been a warning telling me that my elderly mother (her daughter) had passed. I got pretty worried in that 'middle of the night' kind of way but I eventually fell back asleep. It was quite a relief when I phoned my mother the next morning and she answered. She was fine.

The odd coda to that was later that same day, I learnt that a close friend had died suddenly. He had died in the small hours of the morning, at what must have been roughly the same time as I had woken up with that image in my mind. However that friend had no connection at all to either my mother or grandmother.

The other possible 'farewell' happened a few days later, and maybe it was that same friend who had died saying a brief goodbye. In the middle of the afternoon I was getting changed ready to go out when I felt a brief but firm touch on my right shoulder. It felt just like a hand touching my bare shoulder with a firm grip for a moment then letting go.

I whirled around, startled, but of course no one was there. Just imagination? Some kind of nerve twinge? Who knows. But in the moment it felt very real.

Thanks, Ronnie. I have heard other stories (first hand) of people receiving what seem to have been farewell visits from the recently departed.

Personally, I have only experienced this kind of thing only twice, and neither was particularly remarkable. One was a kind of false alarm. I woke up in the night having dreamt of the photographic image of my late grandmother with an expression of stricken anguish frozen on her face. She had died many years previously and it took me some time to realise it was her face because I didn't know her that well, as she lived in Ireland. When I woke I had the strange and unshakable feeling that the image was floating above my head and I lay there fighting the urge to reach up and touch it. But I didn't reach up and I didn't open my eyes. Yes, I know. Coward.

But when I realised the face I had dreamt was my maternal grandmother, I suddenly got worried that it had been a warning telling me that my elderly mother (her daughter) had passed. I got pretty worried in that 'middle of the night' kind of way but I eventually fell back asleep. It was quite a relief when I phoned my mother the next morning and she answered. She was fine.

The odd coda to that was later that same day, I learnt that a close friend had died suddenly. He had died in the small hours of the morning, at what must have been roughly the same time as I had woken up with that image in my mind. However that friend had no connection at all to either my mother or grandmother.

The other possible 'farewell' happened a few days later, and maybe it was that same friend who had died saying a brief goodbye. In the middle of the afternoon I was getting changed ready to go out when I felt a brief but firm touch on my right shoulder. It felt just like a hand touching my bare shoulder with a firm grip for a moment then letting go.

I whirled around, startled, but of course no one was there. Just imagination? Some kind of nerve twinge? Who knows. But in the moment it felt very real.
Some years back, I was living in a haunted building which I've written about here before.
It was my birthday, and I was getting ready to go out and meet friends, doing my hair and makeup in the wall mirror.
I felt something behind me, two arms came around my waist to 'hug' me, frightening me out of my wits, and I ran out of the house.
The odd thing though, was that it seemed a friendly hug.
And that was the year that I met Mr. R, I wondered if it was letting me know that it would be a happy year.

I've always considered that there's not a unified theory for apparitions. Some might be 'stone tape', some might be 'crisis apparitions', some might be remnants of high emotion. Many might actually be the survival of the consciousness.
There aint a 'one size fits all' explanation.

From

Weird Wiltshire Blog

A floating head and a ‘grey tower’ near Stonehenge.
:rofl: I love that the guy in the first story didn't believe his girlfriend, and then mowed her down to get to the door first. Coward. At least his girlfriend had told him what she saw rather than just leaving him on his own.

I get it if an unsuspecting person is scared by a creepy incident and legs it.
I despise so-called 'investigators' who actively visit allegedly haunted locations who then go on to wet themselves, squeal like piggies, and run away at the first creak of a floorboard etc.

I get it if an unsuspecting person is scared by a creepy incident and legs it.
I despise so-called 'investigators' who actively visit allegedly haunted locations who then go on to wet themselves, squeal like piggies, and run away at the first creak of a floorboard etc.
Exactly this. Why would you go ghost hunting, armed with all your EMF/EVP tech, then run away as soon as you - err - find a ghost? Hang around for a decent chat. Get the thing to put on a floor show for you. If these people have the nerve to go lurking around graveyards or derelict buildings in the middle of the night, how come they are such scaredy cats when something interesting actually happens? They might as well stay home in bed. With the light on, of course.

Last edited:
I personally suggest that these 'investigator' groups aren't really into the subject. They just want content - no matter how lame - to put up on You Tube to get subscribers and interaction, in order to make money from a popular genre.
I used to enjoy the channel Slapped Ham, which used to go in depth on Fortean subjects. However, he realised there was more money in just repeating videos submitted by others and, in some cases, repeating ones that he's already shown.
It's the difference between taking your own photos and making money from showing other peoples. It's easy money, thanks to YT algorythms.

I personally suggest that these 'investigator' groups aren't really into the subject. They just want content - no matter how lame - to put up on You Tube to get subscribers and interaction, in order to make money from a popular genre.
I used to enjoy the channel Slapped Ham, which used to go in depth on Fortean subjects. However, he realised there was more money in just repeating videos submitted by others and, in some cases, repeating ones that he's already shown.
It's the difference between taking your own photos and making money from showing other peoples. It's easy money, thanks to YT algorythms.
Remembering of course that photos and videos aren't trustworthy. It all comes down to whether people believe their own eyes or what self-proclaimed witnesses tell them.

Lots of posters on'ere have had the weirdest experiences you can imagine. Most don't care if anyone else believes them or not.

@brownmane I must admit I giggled at the boyfriend’s hurried and panicked exit, even knocking his poor girlfriend down I mean I completely understand it if you’re genuinely terrified and just want to bolt. It’s a wonder they both didn’t get stuck in the door which would have been even funnier.
Mind you, creaks and steps and even some sounds can be written off, but a glowing floating head is definitely way out there.

I think re: ghosthunting programmes. People key themselves up and probably don’t believe it all that much so you get a kind of group hysteria going on. It would be much more interesting for a group of people to go somewhere maybe under a different premise, a place that is haunted, and then see if anything happens and how they react. (And I mean genuinely so, not just created for the audience where all the cast and crew really do know why they’re there).

Remembering of course that photos and videos aren't trustworthy. It all comes down to whether people believe their own eyes or what self-proclaimed witnesses tell them.

Lots of posters on'ere have had the weirdest experiences you can imagine. Most don't care if anyone else believes them or not.

Yes, if you’ve had an experience you ‘know.’ What anyone else believes is immaterial since they didn’t experience it.

Yes, if you’ve had an experience you ‘know.’ What anyone else believes is immaterial since they didn’t experience it.
That's why we are Forteans, believe or disbelieve nothing

People see X some people say it could be Y or even Z

I don't like it when people are sceptics without looking at all the evidence (and accounts ) I also dislike some of the ridiculous theories that are posited as explanations (swamp gas anyone) same goes for some believers

We sometimes have new posters who'll share their extraordinary experiences with us because we don't know them. They often disappear soon afterwards, sometimes after a short discussion.

Those are my favourite posts. :D

We sometimes have new posters who'll share their extraordinary experiences with us because we don't know them. They often disappear soon afterwards, sometimes after a short discussion.

Those are my favourite posts. :D
You mean the 'mayflies', who come and go in the blink of an eye - rather than all the more gastropod-like posters (nothing personal, scargie) who hang around for ages (and who can only be got rid off if you chuck salt over them).

You mean the 'mayflies', who come and go in the blink of an eye - rather than all the more gastropod-like posters (nothing personal, scargie) who hang around for ages (and who can only be got rid off if you chuck salt over them).
Fightin' talk.

Attachments

• snail-7.jpeg
    snail-7.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 18
Ah, I see someone has brought out the attack hedgehogs already.

I always despair of the ghost hunting videos full of terrified people running around and screaming. If there's a real life explanation for the weird noises or sensations, you aren't going to find it by immediately assuming it's a ghost and tearing about trying to find the exit.

And if it is a ghost, you aren't going to get any evidence that way either.

Stumbled across this thread in a forum and haven’t really had time to read more than a couple of posts, so just leaving it here in case anyone wants to look.

True Ghost Stories
I tried and it looked fascinating, but a quarter of the page is obscured by ads so you can't read the story. Just me? Is there any way of getting rid of the ad? I couldn't see the usual x in the top corner (but I do now know a good deal more about sofas than I did before).

I tried and it looked fascinating, but a quarter of the page is obscured by ads so you can't read the story. Just me? Is there any way of getting rid of the ad? I couldn't see the usual x in the top corner (but I do now know a good deal more about sofas than I did before).
No ads here,but I do have an ad blocker installed.

From a 9gag comment:

d0nr4mon
1h
One day I was camping in the mountains in north Mexico, I had some peyote and I was waiting for it to ignite, I was watching this river down the valley it hypnotized me , suddenly it turned into this black dragon and it started to talk to me in my mind , among many things we were chatting about this ford Taurus I recently bought he was saying those transmissions were shit and I said it works just fine , turns out the transmission was shit

Ah, I see someone has brought out the attack hedgehogs already.

I always despair of the ghost hunting videos full of terrified people running around and screaming. If there's a real life explanation for the weird noises or sensations, you aren't going to find it by immediately assuming it's a ghost and tearing about trying to find the exit.

And if it is a ghost, you aren't going to get any evidence that way either.
Yup, Techy and I'd be sooo happy to be haunted. No screaming from us. :cool:

Back