• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
What has a hazelnut in every bite? .. squirrel shit

atopic001.jpg

This is a great thread. We have gone waaay off 'Topic' - but please can someone tell me what happened to Puffa Puffa Rice, the cereal which I think I got addicted to in the mid 1970s. It vanished then re-appeared on supermarket shelves briefly - maybe 20 years ago - before vanishing again. I was inconsolable after finding it again after so many years. It was madly gorgeous. Nothing like it before or since. It was nothing akin to Puffed Wheat or Sugar Puffs. Think it might have been flavoured with brown sugar. Was it banned for being too gorgeous and addictive? Sorry, I'm rambling. My hands are trembling too.

This is a great thread. We have gone waaay off 'Topic' - but please can someone tell me what happened to Puffa Puffa Rice, the cereal which I think I got addicted to in the mid 1970s. It vanished then re-appeared on supermarket shelves briefly - maybe 20 years ago - before vanishing again. I was inconsolable after finding it again after so many years. It was madly gorgeous. Nothing like it before or since. It was nothing akin to Puffed Wheat or Sugar Puffs. Think it might have been flavoured with brown sugar. Was it banned for being too gorgeous and addictive? Sorry, I'm rambling. My hands are trembling too.
I used to like it as a kid as well. Made from 67 to 75. Presumably it wasn’t a big seller - can’t see any other reason it wouldn’t have continued.

Can’t find any mention of a reappearance in supermarkets 20 years ago. Are you sure you didn’t hallucinate this?

Mint Cracknel. Used to love those, and fruit Jasper's biscuits.
I used to love Mint Cracknel. Weird stuff but so good. I used to get my fix from the school 'tuck shop'.

Can’t find any mention of a reappearance in supermarkets 20 years ago. Are you sure you didn’t hallucinate this?
Re : Puffa Puffa Rice, I was gutted when, as a kid, it vanished from the shops. It really was the only cereal I have ever loved. I never got bored with it, the way I used to get (and still do) with every other cereal I've ever liked. When I say it briefly re-appeared when I was an adult, it definitely did - I was ecstatic. I bought 2 packets at a time and chomped through them in no time and swiftly went back for more. I was deliriously happy - but I wasn't delirious! But it only lasted for a period of a couple of months before it vanished again. I did seriously wonder if they had discovered it was dangerously addictive. I can't believe it was withdrawn because it wasn't popular. If that was the case - what is wrong with those kids!!?? It was gorgeous. Nothing else touches it. I ought to say, the reappearance may have happened longer ago than 20 years. That was a ball-park figure. It was probably sometime between 30 years ago and 20 years ago. I would love to find out when it was and why it disappeared again.

I try not to indulge in sugary cereals these days, but if they brought back Puffa Puffa Rice now all of that would go out of the window. I would be ripping the packets open before I even got to the checkout. It would be like the Cookie Monster on acid.

Last edited:
I think I tried all chocolate and sweets but when I first tried Space Dust, I thought ‘Oh no. This is too much too soon’.

Incidentally, chocolate bars and things like creme eggs and chocolate oranges have got smaller over time. Festive tubs of chocolates have been getting smaller over the years and some use a false raised tub bottom trick to fool the punter. Chocolate shrinkification is a fact. Wake up sheeple!!!!!

Cadbury accused of 'shrinkflation' as packs get smaller​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53442884

Chocolate shrinkification is a fact. Wake up sheeple!!!!!

Chocolate shrinkification? Do they really think they can get ME with that? If a chocolate bar is half the size, I will outsmart them by just buying two of them instead! How stupid do they think I am? Haha!!

Oh.

Hang on...

Back