• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Dreamt I was roaming about the shops near me, and noticed new restaurant/cafe, and it bing lunchtime, I thought I'd go in. First red flag, only the staff were there, despite it being lunch time. Second red flag - Mexican restaurant, all the staff/cooks were Greek background. Third red flag - despite being open for business, they weren't ready for costumers, and began rushing in a panic. More red flags followed - the pie was bland to the point of being textured nothing, the sauerkraut was textured nothing, staff kept turning up and asking if I would be a repeat customer, as they needed anybody to be there to keep the place going. I didn't know what to say without being rude...

It's half 2 in the morning with me, I've just had an intense dream that included me wearing an old man's clothes in Barton Under Needwood, a gang of heroin addict bad boys, a vintage black car I'd borrowed but I'd dropped the keys next to a field and it had started snowing, a confrontation in a court yard with the gang and almost again in a pub (I seemed to know the landlord even though he only looked to be in his early 20's, he was a family man) and then the surface of my eye balls had changed to a white membrane with pink veins going through them although I could still see through them ... I kept almost fainting in the dream and the Mrs did at one point. Oddly, I wouldn't describe it as a nightmare, I wasn't frightened during the dream or after I'd just woken up. I'm finishing a can of Pepsi and a smoke before I go back to bed for the next instalment of this odd dream.

It's half 2 in the morning with me, I've just had an intense dream that included me wearing an old man's clothes in Barton Under Needwood, a gang of heroin addict bad boys, a vintage black car I'd borrowed but I'd dropped the keys next to a field and it had started snowing, a confrontation in a court yard with the gang and almost again in a pub (I seemed to know the landlord even though he only looked to be in his early 20's, he was a family man) and then the surface of my eye balls had changed to a white membrane with pink veins going through them although I could still see through them ... I kept almost fainting in the dream and the Mrs did at one point. Oddly, I wouldn't describe it as a nightmare, I wasn't frightened during the dream or after I'd just woken up. I'm finishing a can of Pepsi and a smoke before I go back to bed for the next instalment of this odd dream.
What kind of smoking did you do before this dream?!

Maybe you're an old man in this dream, with cataracts?

I preface this by saying I have an absolute loathing of cockroaches. They are the one creature on this planet that I cannot bear (I used to be a wee bit phobic but time spent co existing with them in the Canary Islands, and having one fly right into my face on Southern Cross railway station has somewhat cured me of the phobia but I still don't like them).

Last night I dreamed I moved somewhere where there were cockroaches. Even when I couldn't see them I knew they were there, hiding behind furniture, in cracks in the walls. I knew I was going to have to sleep in a room where they would come out at night and I'd risk having them crawling on me or hiding in my bed. But I was surprisingly philosophical about it.

I just woke up from this one and had to write it down because it was just too funny....

In the dream, I was watching a movie called (I think) "Loser's Squad". It was about X-Force, as seen in Deadpool 2, during the interview process and afterward, but not including what actually happened in Deadpool 2. In fact, Deadpool didn't make a direct appearance at all.

During the interviews, they're all lined up, talking about their powers. "Shatterstar" has a mullet, whips out a katana, and accidentally cuts a perfect arc of the back of his hair off. This becomes kind of a running gag as at one point, we see another member put superglue on someone's hand and place it directly on top of their head. They remove it, which reveals that they wear a toupee.

It's also revealed that everyone but the intern (who has no superpowers at all) can turn invisible. My favorite scene is when said intern is in an office room filled with cubicles and he's slowly becoming more and more panicky as he's running away from the camera and spraying a squirt bottle everywhere. Apparently when hit with a spritz of water, the team members that are invisible give off a green static discharge; a couple of them have been tailing the intern just to mess with him and he just keeps getting more and more paranoid.

At this point, my eyes are no long the camera and I'm sitting on the couch watching the movie with...Ryan Reynolds, on a chair, right in front of the TV. :D

Edit: This is probably one of my most favorite dreams ever.

Last edited:
For some reason, I almost exclusively dream about being in huge houses and wandering around large detailed towns. Last night I dreamt I was in a huge house and unpacking an army ration kit. I put that bit down to the army ration unboxing vids I was watching on youtube yesterday. My ration kit contained an unset mine so I decided to set then realised I had no idea how to unset it. I went into the next bedroom and who I think was supposed to be my ex was in there so I tried to warn her but she laughed it off. The rest of the dream had me walking about a large Mediterranean coastal town trying to work out how to get rid of this mine before it blew me up. I found someone posh garden with loads of water features but the owner was there so that was a no go, I found an Olympic sized swimming pool that was empty but some people were sitting at the edge of that. I ended up leaving it on the edge of a remote cliff. I didn't get to see it explode. It was beige and brown, made of plastic and looked a bit like one of those 70's SIMON toys.

My dream was about noticing that my limbs were turning into tentacles. I could tell when some of the transformation was starting because the skin colour changed first.

This came from looking at a photo (possibly on'ere) of waiters with bare legs serving motorists outdoors. One leg of one of the waiters looked grey as if the photo had been colorised except for that bit. Like it wasn't really a leg any more.

Dreamed that I was in a dead mall that was frozen in time. I walked past a gigantic store that sold junior's clothing that was filled with dated merchandise leftover from the 80s. Half the store was lit up. Later I realized there was one lady working at the far end of the store. She asked me to shut off the lights.

I actually had a dream this morning, just before I woke.
I was in an odd kind of indoor market, which was selling all kinds of stuff. I asked a guy where I could buy DVDs and was ushered to a table. On top of the table was a meagre selection of things that were not DVDs. In fact, it was technology I've never seen before. The seller plugged one of these tiny rectangular chips into a small screen and displayed a 3D film in the most vivid colour imaginable. It was stunning.

I think I may have just glimpsed the future.

Does anybody have a 3D TV anymore? Are you sure this wasn't nostalgia?!
One of my TVs is a 3D TV. However, what I saw in the dream actually projected a fully formed 3D image without the need for special glasses or any obvious apparatus.

The night before last I dreamt I was hiking in the mountains well above the snowline, fully kitted out, but there were little groups of woefully unprepared refugees trying to get through the mountains, and frozen corpses dotted here and there. It seemed to be my job to find the corpses and search them for some form of ID, so their families could be informed. Pretty grim... I often dream about hiking, but generally the dreams are much more upbeat. There is so much that could have fed into this - recent news stories including the refugees on the Polish/Belarusian border freezing to death, reading an online account of a search and rescue hiker looking for the bodies of some missing Germans in Death Valley, reading about the Cairngorm Plateau disaster in an anniversary newspaper piece where a bunch of kids froze to death, and browsing my own photos of walking in the snowy peaks of the Lakes.

I woke from an incredibly vivid dream this morning and had to go downstairs to wake myself up.

I was staying in a B&B type accommodation, where we all had to share one bed. I had been wearing a big black greatcoat, and had partially wrapped it around myself in the bed. Then my mum, who was apparently staying there with me, got up to go to the toilet. I thought she may be feeling sick (for some reason), and decided to get up and go and take the dog for a walk in the meantime. I couldn't find my coat, among all the bodies in the bed, so I put dog on the lead and went out of the room.

Outside the bedroom were two people, an older couple I think, talking on a telephone that was on a sideboard type thing. I went past them to the fully glass front door of the house. Just as I reached it, a dinosaur (velociraptor, from memory) came up to the door and peered through. It tapped lightly on the glass, with its hand (paw?) and I just about wrestled the dog to the ground to keep her quiet, thinking all the time about the scene in Jurassic Park ('they can't see you if you don't move'). After a few moments the dinosaur veered off and went elsewhere. Then an enormous tidal wave swept in, from right to left, gigantic tsunami type of thing. I just stared and hoped that the glass door wouldn't break, which it didn't. A tiny amount of water seeped in underneath, but the water swept by.

Blithly unconcerned by all this horror outside, I opened the door and took the dog out into a sunlit piazza type environment, where a blond young man was just opening up his shop. There was a large bridge ahead, crossing a canyon and I just walked around with the dog, enjoying the sun and the 'just washed by a tidal wave' cleanness of it all.

I can still remember that dinosaur peering in through the glass with one eye though. Brrr...

Dream from a few nights ago came at the end of many others, but it's the only part I can remember. I was inside a house that I've been inside in other dreams, or it was similar. There was someone dressed in what I thought was a Bowser costume from Super Mario Bros. standing in a long, narrow hallway. I needed to get past him but as I got closer I realize it was actually him and not someone in a costume (he was lifelike and monstrous looking, not cartoony).

I went around him, which angered him. At the end of the hall around the corner were some stairs that led up. A voiceover said something like "the challenge is going up to higher levels" and I noticed some kind of scorecard at the bottom of my field of vision.

Since I was taller than most of my school mates, I was never really coordinated too good in sports, music, and artistic things.

So last night the Mrs. said to me she had a dream of me playing the piano extremely well, and she went around the house humming the tune from her dream.

This has never happened before.

Last night I dreamed I'd gone to London on some sort of organised trip. I, and two other people, decided to leave the trip and go home early, as we weren't getting anything out of it (I think it featured looking at models of armoured knights on horseback). We got into a lift - despite the doors trying to close on us, I managed to hold them open, and got home. Once there, I asked a lady who somehow worked for me to get in touch with the group still in London to let them know that we'd come back early. She got very abusive, telling me off for dumping the group and heading home alone (quite right, now I come to think of it) without telling them I was leaving and I ended up shaking her by the collar and screaming back.

And then I dreamed that a friend had bought a field. A nice, sloping field, with tussocky grass, and quite large. She was going to put her horse in there and I was, apparently, going to buy another horse to keep alongside it. I was walking through the field telling my children about the purchase (the field was part of Hoopern Fields in Exeter, if that means anything to anyone. I used to live near there and walk there frequently but I've not been near the place for over twenty years). I was a little bit concerned that I wasn't really going to have time for this horse I was apparently buying, but I reasoned that it would act as companion for my friend's horse, so I didn't really need to worry too much about it.

I was either stepmother or nanny for about six children. We were all just moving into a huge and somewhat sinister house., I was unpacking books and putting them on shelves and sorting out a Christmas tree with presents to go under. Most of the presents were wrapped but some were just single items, like a Nutcracker doll, so I tipped all these into one bag to be a kind of 'Christmas lucky dip' as there woudn't be time to wrap them all. The uncle came and took them all out for a drive in a big, old-fashioned open top car, in a very BBC Children's TV show kind of way, so we could get on with the 'moving in'. The children went to bed and I contemplated asking them to wake me in the night if they needed the loo, as it was a long and spooky walk to the bathroom.

The wife (or some other woman, I think she was my employer) took us all out for a drive, again in the open topped car, through countryside and then winding up a big hill. I thought 'oh, we're going to Wenlock Edge' (I've never been to Wenlock Edge, don't know where it is, or even whether it's a real place!) and we ended up on the top of a high cliff-type hill, very grassy and I found myself looking out for the windmill I knew must be up there. There were quarries and dips and the children ran off through the green grass, with me worrying that they may fall off the edge of this cliff thing, then I reasoned that we were living very close to it and they would probably come up here to play, so they ought to get used to it. I said to the woman 'is this Wenlock Edge?' and she, in a rather suspicious way, said 'no, that's over there,' and pointed to an even higher hill that looked sheer and very pale, a bit like the white cliffs of Dover.

We went back and I was trying to cook a meal, thinking all the time that it was a shame we'd moved to somewhere where I couldn't just walk to the shops to buy food.

I met a friend of mine at a sports field in Malaysia. He was earning a million pounds a day by making sure that the film Pretty Woman could not be shown on British TV! I offered to do half of his work for him in return for a third of the money! No idea what the response was...

I have no idea what that was all about.

And the only other bit I can remember is two steam trains crashing. I was watching and knew it was going to happen. Luckily the two crew - who were both Thai - in the engine that would have suffered most both jumped out unharmed. Phew!

Last edited:
Just had a little nap at 10am today and was leaving the Grand Hotel entrance in Tynemouth and it was lovely sunset and the sky was a mix of deep blue and red with the stars were starting to appear and then I heard my bloody iPhone ring and woke up and it was my mate who had accidentally rang me...bugger.

Dreamed I took out a lip balm and opened it. To my surprise, instead of being white or a creamy colour it was deep red, like blood, and it dissolved into gooey liquid over my hand. I was not impressed.

This is from watching a TV series about a prison where the female officers all wear make-up. Can remember thinking Why would they bother?

Also, a criminology Prof whom I have met was on another programme with make-up applied so badly that even I (who never use it, not even lipstick) could tell she'd put it on in the dark.

I dreamed that I was packing up a house in which I was staying with the family who lived there. We were taking to the road in a big lorry, on some kind of extended holiday, but never coming back to the house. I had a rucksack into which I was packing all my belongings from an attic bedroom with sloping walls. Had to keep going back in and upstairs to add extra things. Then we were outside and someone (the father, I think) mentioned that he'd seen a pair of glasses in the house. The son, who was mid twenties and called Paul, mentioned that he'd lost his glasses but would just buy another pair rather than go back into the house and hunt for them.

I went into the bathroom and it was painted pink (this is because IRL I am searching for the perfect shade of pink to paint my living room). It was a streaky, half dried paint job, but I was feeling a bit sad because the bathroom was in my old family home and I was leaving it for the last time. My dad's old work trousers were hanging on the back of the door, as they had when he was alive.

Then we all got into the lorry/bus. We were in the back, talking, when it began to move, reversing out. I was slightly surprised, because I was talking to the adults at the time, but then reasoned that Paul must be driving.

There was another section to the dream where we were in a French hypermarket, shopping for food. I think we'd been driving around French villages... It was all very brightly coloured and sunny too.

Last night I had two bad dreams. The first concerned a murder on a train on which I was travelling, where I discovered the bodies of two men. As the recovery team were taking the bodies away, one of them sort of swung around and hit me in the face. I shouted that I might breathe on it and contaminate the evidence.... woke up from that and had to go for a walk around the house to wake up properly.

Then fell back to sleep to dream of being at school. (I was listening to Harry Potter, which probably contributed). My kids were all there too, slightly younger than in real life. I was aware of feeling very ill. I was sitting in a class, wearing my dressing gown and sort of drifting in and out of consciousness and feeling very fluey. My eldest daughter left the room and I knew she was going to ask for permission to take me home. Someone asked me if I could drive and I said 'No, but middle daughter can'. She was standing with the car keys in her hand. They helped me down a very narrow and steep flight of stairs, my son was carrying my bag, which was a black, laptop type bag, and telling me that when HE had to be sent home ill, he'd carried his own bag. I knew I had Covid and was glad that I was going to be able to go home and suffer in my own bed.

Woke up feeling perfectly healthy, no trace of illness. I painted a wall in my bedroom yesterday, it's supposed to be no emissions paint but I am wondering...

Back