• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I had another dream about socks that wouldn't make pairs last night.
There must be something in this but I can't find anything on 'Odd Socks' specifically.

Apparently;
Socks
To dream that you are wearing socks signifies warmth and comfort. Alternatively, to see socks in your dream indicate that you tend to yield to other's wishes. You are flexible and understanding in your thinking.
To see a single sock in your dream is a pun on hitting someone or being hit. Or perhaps the dream means that you have been hit with some surprising information or news.

And;
Odd Numbers
To see odd numbers in your dream indicates unresolved issues and aggressive behaviour in your life. You are feeling off balance.

And;
Pairs
To see a pair of something in your dream represents the need for balance in your life. The pair may be symbolic of your life partner or soul mate.

So I'm guessing these dreams are symbolic of my current situation with having moved into this rented house with my son, while still owning the old place, and going there regularly to do decorating etc, and everything being a bit 'up in the air' generally until that place gets sold eventually and I can settle here until my son and I find a place to buy.
Before you mentioned your recent move, I was associating the socks with travel. I know that that might seem odd, but, boots and shoes and feet are all related to movement and travel.

We don't necessarily have dream symbolism that is the same as dream interpretation books use. Dreams are always personal to you.

Earlier, after a cold bike ride and home to cake and coffee on the sofa, I was reading something and was suddenly outside again placing some brown paper-packed spicy bean wraps in my bike butty box.
I'd fallen asleep for a second with my eyes open and had a micro dream. :)

I started a thread on those a few years ago at a time when I was having a lot of them because of crashing out after work.

I always hope if I remember a dream it would be pleasant, but for me it is never the case as my dreams are weird and bizarre.

I am retired from working, but last night I dreamed I was late for work.

I could not find my work clothes.

The peanut butter and jelly jars were empty so I could not make lunch to take with me.

I could not remember how to get to work.

After I woke up, this dream bothered me so that I googled it.

It seems I could be a very insecure, sensitive person according to google opinions.

This could be right as I am shy when in groups of people, but I have gotten better with old age and encouragement from the wife.

Dreams can be really “ rough to take “.
That sounds like a classic anxiety dream to me. I'm trying to do something or simply get from A to B or both but stupid little crap things keep happening in waves to slow me down. It happens in real life anyway .. I've got some badly stacked small crap that falls on the floor when I brush past it day to day which is almost always when I've got a deadline to be somewhere. I just swear at it and say ".. and you can fucking stay there!" .. I never get around to just chucking it in the bin though. I should.

That sounds like a classic anxiety dream to me. I'm trying to do something or simply get from A to B or both but stupid little crap things keep happening in waves to slow me down. It happens in real life anyway .. I've got some badly stacked small crap that falls on the floor when I brush past it day to day which is almost always when I've got a deadline to be somewhere. I just swear at it and say ".. and you can fucking stay there!" .. I never get around to just chucking it in the bin though. I should.
I often say that I swear I live as though I'm in a game of 'Mousetrap'. If I knock something with my elbow, you can guarantee that it will fall, hit something else, and that everything will end up on the floor, usually with half of it broken. There is almost never an occasion when I just knock something, it wobbles a bit but stays put.

It is always the worst result possible.

I often say that I swear I live as though I'm in a game of 'Mousetrap'. If I knock something with my elbow, you can guarantee that it will fall, hit something else, and that everything will end up on the floor, usually with half of it broken. There is almost never an occasion when I just knock something, it wobbles a bit but stays put.

It is always the worst result possible.
Sounds like you've got an outbreak of gravity.

I've been waking two or three times during the night recently. I think I lay awake for a long time before going back to sleep but now I'm wondering whether I dream that I can't get back to sleep, if that makes sense. This morning I thought I'd been laying awake for about half an hour but when I looked at the clock more than two hours had passed.

Erinaceus,

You raised a good concept.

When I go to bed, I struggle to relax to fall asleep and it seems like time is standing still.

Being an old man I know I will wake to use the bathroom in the night.

Let’s say I return from the bathroom at 3 AM and fall back to sleep.

I wake in the morning confused as it seems like no time has passed since I laid down but my alarm is going off as hours have passed.

To complicate all of this I know I have had many dreams during the night but generally I only remember the dreams that produce much anxiety.

Why can’t I remember the pleasant dreams ?

I had another dream about socks that wouldn't make pairs last night.
There must be something in this but I can't find anything on 'Odd Socks' specifically.

Apparently;
Socks
To dream that you are wearing socks signifies warmth and comfort. Alternatively, to see socks in your dream indicate that you tend to yield to other's wishes. You are flexible and understanding in your thinking.
To see a single sock in your dream is a pun on hitting someone or being hit. Or perhaps the dream means that you have been hit with some surprising information or news.

And;
Odd Numbers
To see odd numbers in your dream indicates unresolved issues and aggressive behaviour in your life. You are feeling off balance.

And;
Pairs
To see a pair of something in your dream represents the need for balance in your life. The pair may be symbolic of your life partner or soul mate.

So I'm guessing these dreams are symbolic of my current situation with having moved into this rented house with my son, while still owning the old place, and going there regularly to do decorating etc, and everything being a bit 'up in the air' generally until that place gets sold eventually and I can settle here until my son and I find a place to buy.
Trev, I seem to recall that odd socks can be used to distract Vampires, apparently they cannot bear mismatched socks.

Last night I dreamed that I was really irate with a group of scientific researchers because they were misreporting data, it was all to do with DNA coding and a new way of extracting DNA, woke myself up shouting .

in real life I have only a rudimentary knowledge of DNA and have never knowingly shouted at scientists

I remember having to excuse myself on some sort of errand and had to backtrack our route in via local public transport (does the USA have public buses?)
Yes, we do have public buses.
Although she remained absolutely accepting and welcoming of us, a little panic and anxiety set in here about our not quite fitting in, as if we were too downmarket, or scruffy, or gauche, to be fit company for her for very long.
Don't ever worry about this is America, your British accent will make you sound posh no matter where you are. You could come from Cromer and still sound posh in America. :wink2:

Dreamed about priests because I saw one on TV in a programme about doctors' consultations.
There is no place in my actual life for priests or any clergy. I don't trust them.

Dreamed I was on my bike and two priests and several youths, all chatting together intently, walked out in front of me. I shouted at them and they apologised sheepishly.

Next I was pratting around at work and found myself giving out food, which is not my job, and even went so far as preparing to spoonfeed a man, another priest, from a cereal bowl.
Caught myself on and said 'I nearly started feeding you there!' and went off to do my real job, thinking 'I'm not helping priests.'

Last bit was fun. I was pushing a friend along a rural path in his wheelchair. We came to a level crossing and a train pulled up next to us. I said 'Ooh look, it's a Virgin Pendolino!' but on looking again I noticed it was a Voyager.
The crew door opened and a Guard who knows me waved and called out 'Hey Scargy, what're you up to out'ere?'

At that moment my friend somehow fell forward and tumbled out of his wheelchair, full length on the chunky white gravel.
Passers-by rushed over to help him. The train Guard looked horrified but couldn't do anything as she had to stay with the train.

My friend was scraped up and plonked back in his chair, and demanded someone take a photo of his battered face.
I think he intended to sue. :chuckle:

Techy then arrived with coffee.

Woke up this morning, too early, so turned over and managed to grab another ten minutes, during which I had a quite worrying dream in which someone* was in a petrol station and got attacked by some ranting madman thug, with a multi-bladed 'stanley knife', slashing them across the back of their shoulder - this I was observing on multiple CCTV images after the event.

* not wanting to worry anyone, but just be careful out there, okaaaay...

@IbisNibs
"Don't ever worry about this in America, your British accent will make you sound posh no matter where you are. You could come from Cromer and still sound posh in America."

That's true - my Mum kept her British accent always, and it does sound 'posh' here in the USA, as you say.
Any time I went to England, my NY accent always was a subject of talk, though I don't hear it. Here I am always asked to answer the phones on jobs because I am soft-spoken and speak distinctly, they like my voice. I guess it depends where you are! :)

I've been waking two or three times during the night recently. I think I lay awake for a long time before going back to sleep but now I'm wondering whether I dream that I can't get back to sleep, if that makes sense. This morning I thought I'd been laying awake for about half an hour but when I looked at the clock more than two hours had passed.
This is an actual condition (the name of which escapes me). My ex had it. He would wake once, briefly, and then fall immediately back to sleep, but swear that he had remained awake the entire rest of the night. Used to drive me mad when he would tell me how he'd 'tossed and turned all night' when I - who had been kept actually awake by his snoring - knew this positively not to be the case. He would lie deadly still and snore for hours, then open his eyes and maintain that he'd been awake all night, fidgeting and 'trying to get comfortable'. I used to think he was lying, but research proved it to be the condition of which I can't remember the name.

Also. Last night I dreamed I was living in my parents old house. I was walking around in the dark, trying to find my brother (who also lived there) and my dog, and couldn't find either. It all felt slightly sinister.

Is that what you meant?

Formerly known as sleep state misperception, paradoxical insomnia is a sleep disorder that causes people to feel awake even while they are asleep, leading them to underestimate how many hours they sleep each night.

It seems very much like my issue.

When my mother was in the care home she used to tell me that she was only sleeping for (at most) an hour each night, the rest of the time laying there awake.
I asked the carers there who assured me that they looked in on each of the residents several times every night and my mum was always fast asleep, sometimes snoring (or at least I hope it was snoring).

When my mother was in the care home she used to tell me that she was only sleeping for (at most) an hour each night, the rest of the time laying there awake.
I asked the carers there who assured me that they looked in on each of the residents several times every night and my mum was always fast asleep, sometimes snoring (or at least I hope it was snoring).
Oh that sounds just like Mr. R, complaining about his lack of sleep the night before -
When all the time he was honking away like an old bear!
Not that he believes me.

This is an actual condition (the name of which escapes me). My ex had it. He would wake once, briefly, and then fall immediately back to sleep, but swear that he had remained awake the entire rest of the night. Used to drive me mad when he would tell me how he'd 'tossed and turned all night' when I - who had been kept actually awake by his snoring - knew this positively not to be the case. He would lie deadly still and snore for hours, then open his eyes and maintain that he'd been awake all night, fidgeting and 'trying to get comfortable'. I used to think he was lying, but research proved it to be the condition of which I can't remember the name.

Also. Last night I dreamed I was living in my parents old house. I was walking around in the dark, trying to find my brother (who also lived there) and my dog, and couldn't find either. It all felt slightly sinister.
Techy does this.
Well, as we have separate rooms* I often hear him snoring from a safe distance and next morning he'll complain about not sleeping all night. :chuckle:

*Yous know the drill.

Techy does this.
Well, as we have separate rooms* I often hear him snoring from a safe distance and next morning he'll complain about not sleeping all night. :chuckle:

*Yous know the drill.
I can imagine what your seperate rooms look like...

@escargot

196029b9-9573-44d5-89c5-808fd1a7e035.54e9ec1b59560fdcae7becbafd24817d.jpeg

Techy's room

brandend-bed-zonder-tekst.png

I know I had dreams of some sort last night but I can't remember them. I do remember waking up at 6.35 and thinking what a bizarre dream I had had, before rolling over and going back to sleep and then not waking up until 8.45 feeling carp crap.
I think that, for the first time in weeks, because I had the bedroom windows fully open instead of just slightly, it affected my sleep.

My dreams are so weird I don't often bother to post them here but;

Last night I had a wood saw (the sort a joiner would use) and holding it horizontally, I was whacking Elvis Presley on the head with it. The end part of the saw sort of 'melted' and bent 90° so that as I was hitting the top of his head with the saw, it was also smacking him in his cheek.

N.B No Stilton was consumed that evening.

Back