• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Actually when you wrote about the burning footsteps I thought of a devil.

If your grandfather was a nasty beast maybe in your subconscious you thought of him as one?

Hmmmm. I don’t usually remember my dreams but last night I had three nightmares in a row.
The first involved a grizzled old man who set snare nets and captured giant spiders to eat. These were about a 2 foot across and still wriggling even though they were constrained in the net.
The next one was a giant snake dropping on me from a tree branch and coiling itself around me.
After that I needed a break and a fag in the early hours.
On returning to sleep, I dreamt of the night before a marriage where I had to remarry the previous ex or a ruinous ex-girlfriend set as a test. When I was asked to make a final choice, the answer I came up with was ‘This is like throwing a bucket of salty water on a man drowning at sea’. I chose to walk away.

The morning couldn’t come quickly enough.

According to my Facebook "on this day" record, on this date in 2011 i reported "I dreamt that Anne Widdecome was a midget and dressed like a slut. The back of her split dress had "sex(y)" written on it...she was cuing for the toilet on a airplane or coach and I was in a seat leaning out into the aisle trying to sneak a photo without being noticed or the flash going off."

I'm pleading the 5th.

Hmmmm. I don’t usually remember my dreams but last night I had three nightmares in a row.
The first involved a grizzled old man who set snare nets and captured giant spiders to eat. These were about a 2 foot across and still wriggling even though they were constrained in the net.
The next one was a giant snake dropping on me from a tree branch and coiling itself around me.
After that I needed a break and a fag in the early hours.
On returning to sleep, I dreamt of the night before a marriage where I had to remarry the previous ex or a ruinous ex-girlfriend set as a test. When I was asked to make a final choice, the answer I came up with was ‘This is like throwing a bucket of salty water on a man drowning at sea’. I chose to walk away.

The morning couldn’t come quickly enough.

Good material for an anthology horror film.

I dreamt i was walking to the train station and along the way i was finding 10 pound notes behind a small wire fence, so i gathered them up, when i got to the train station i asked for a stapler instead of tickets, i then stapled all the 10 pound notes together and took then home. Haha. Very strange dream! :freak:

Dreamt I was working late at night in a part of an enormous hotel(?) kitchen with high, white tiled walls. There was nobody else in sight but I could hear all the sounds of various activities and voices. I was at a steel bench that stretched out into the middle distance and I was scooping out ice cream into an endless series of plain white dishes. I was aware of an unseen presence behind me and being sort of aware that there was a documentary camera crew behind me. I remember saying ‘I’ve been doing this since this morning. They said someone was coming to help me out but they never do’

I had two strange dreams last night so if it's ok I'll put them in two different posts.

Ok the first one:
Mr Zebra and I were walking our dogs through a grassy valley (curiously not our current two dogs, but rather two from a few years ago whom have both since died). But anyway, we were kind of heading down a slope that was very steep, and suddenly Mr Zebra said to me to be careful as it might be slippery.

As he said that I realised how very steep and wet the grass was so I got into a sort of sitting position to allow myself to slide down that way (think sledging but without the sledge). But as I did so, I suddenly started going really fast and there was a big square hole, looked quite deep, which I thought I was going to slide into but I managed to just go to the right of it just in time to miss it.

In the next scene we were standing upright again and walking as normal, dogs running ahead as we walked down a now dry and less steep grassy slope with bankings up either side of us. Ahead at the bottom a road crossed in front and suddenly I saw a car there and I immediately knew who the occupants were and that I didn't want to go anywhere near it. Mr Zebra, however, seemed keen and immediately went on ahead while I tried to shout to him to come back.

At some point I heard my name being called, very loudly - "Ze-ebs, Ze-ebs" (but my real name of course) - that's all the voice said, a few times over and over, and even though I didn't recognise the voice (and it was too loud to be coming from the distant car) I knew it was from the car.

But then the dream changed and we were at the bottom of the slope heading back up. No sign of the car or its occupants. But then, as we rounded a small hillock to our right, I noticed a small hut or shed with a man standing outside the door of it, facing the door.

He was wearing a long blue raincoat, and as I watched he turned to me and it was my Dad (who died many years ago). He looked at me with a displeased expression and had one hand or finger raised beside his cheek (not in a rude gesture, more in a sort of 'telling off' sort of way). The thing that surprised me in the dream is that I recognised his face, whereas in real life I can no longer remember clearly what he looked like.

This was so frightening to me that I immediately woke up and had to wake up Mr Zebra because I was too upset. I made a big point of telling Mr Zebra how I was able to see my Dad's face even though I thought I'd forgotten it. (And in fact from the moment I woke up I had forgotten it again).

I will point out that I've dreamt of him before although not for several years. Usually he appears looking at me in an angry or displeased way, sometimes with an expression that - although his face is not deformed or anything - his expression will frighten me into waking up. The strange thing was that usually I've seen him in a VERY specific situation in every dream I've had of him, although the setting is different each time. Yet in this dream he was not in that specific situation.

The second dream coming up in a moment...

Last edited:
The second dream I had last night (or rather, early this morning).

Mr Zebra and I were on holiday (or renting to live in) a terraced house beside the sea. There were different situations in the house that I can't really remember, mundane 'living in a house' things I suppose, but the dream went on for a while as if it stretched over a span of some months.

In the dream the setup was as follows:
To the right as I was observing it, the row of houses were on the right, with a path and metal fence in front of the path, beyond which was the beach and then sea, which stretched out to the left. Further behind these houses (so more in the middle distance if viewing the scene) grassy areas and a road stretched slightly up a hill with some other houses dotted about. (I shall try to draw a rough picture afterwards if I can).

Anyway, as part of living in this area we had to put our wheelie bins out on the beach. As I did this, unsure what exactly to do, I noticed that another one had already been placed at the water's edge of the beach, so I put mine in a similar position a few feet further along.

The dream then changed to me being in the house looking outside, and I saw that the sea was coming in further than expected, and the bins were beginning to get swept away by the waves and the sea was getting quite high. I think we tried to go and get our wheelie bins back; some fishermen were getting them back. I wasn't sure which was ours as they weren't marked but I took one that I thought was it.

Next, Mr Zebra came home from work (I don't know where he was working in the dream, or why I wasn't working) and I told him what was happening. Everything seemed to be quite urgent now; the sea was coming in and risking the people who lived in the other houses that were dotted about. We found that we had a square, flat back garden surrounded by fencing that would be safe for them to go into (I can't remember now if it was just the people, or with their cars as well - it may have been the latter). The garden surface was 'grass-crete' - that sort of patterned concrete that grass grows through - this seemed somehow important.

For several hours, overnight I guess, all these guests stayed in our garden and we had food I think. The scene then changed to the next morning - and when I looked out from the path in front of our house I could see the sea was very deep, moreso than it used to be, and there were hundreds of white goalposts in the sea - it looked really strange.

Then as I was looking out at the sea, from my left I saw a huge boat coming that we all thought was coming to help. I tried to get a photograph of it but it was so big that it wouldn't fit into the viewfinder. I'm talking... huge - really long boat perhaps 4 or 5 times the length of an aircraft carrier. It looked a bit like an aircraft carrier or cargo ship I think (I'm not good at boats, but it had a sort of flat back like where an aircraft or cargo would sit, it wasn't tall like a ferry).

But then as it got closer we all realised the boat wasn't helping after all; all it was doing with the massive wave it was causing ahead of it, was moving the goalposts further along (I didn't realise that pun at the time, but I did upon waking! :D ).

I'm not sure what happened next but then suddenly instead of looking at the boat we were looking at the road further up from the terraced houses, where a little boy on a bike (perhaps 3 or 4 years old) suddenly fell into a hole the tarmac and his mother started shouting for help. Some workmen who were working on the road instructed us to lift up the layers - it was like lifting up large pieces of stout cardboard, with rectangular bits below them (like what you get as packaging with some appliances), these were maybe about twice the size of fence panels though).

As we lifted each layer we couldn't see any sign of the boy but then we saw his bike which was a bit crumpled. We moved more layers and suddenly the boy was there, but he got up and was uninjured.

Next scene, I was looking at the terraced houses again from my initial viewpoint, and I could see the sea was now up over the path outside the houses and a big wave came up that took the water to a foot or so higher than the bottoms of the doors, and I knew that the houses would flood.

I think I woke up soon after that (not because of the dream) so I can't remember anything else.

EDIT: I've drawn some (very basic) pictures on Paint to try to better illustrate. Please don't mind my lack of drawing talent :sorry: and I hope these help to describe the dream a bit better:

Picture_Of_Dream1.png

Picture_Of_Dream2.png

Last edited:
I had a fantastic dream last night and i can't wait to share it.....

I was driving past a bus stop and i stopped to let people cross, as i looked towards the bus stop i saw the woman who had been seeing my husband behind my back, as she saw me she tried to stand up from her seat but she fell instead, landing flat on her face, even in my dream i was laughing!

(my husband had been cheating on me with this woman, anyone who cheats is no loss to me and i certainly didn't fight to get him back, i've concentrated on my studies instead and plan to move into my riverside apartment soon):cheer:

Unusually for me, I had a dream I remembered.
After work, I walked out with a colleague who suggested getting a burger or a kebab. So we parked in a multi-storey car park and walked down a dodgy, dark alley. There was a super-clean and shiny glass and brass doorway that stood out from its surroundings, so we went in. Inside was a very high class burger bar with a display of meats. The whole place was immaculate, with every surface shiny glass and brass. My colleague pointed at some meat (weird stuff - it was blackish meat with a perfectly-formed flat layer of clear fat/jelly on one side, like it had been made in a mould). The woman inside started to cook the meat. I looked at the strange labels on the meats. Information about the calorie content, but nothing about price. Then I noticed that there were no other customers. I asked 'what's the price?' and got no answer. So my colleague, suddenly worried, also asked the same question. The woman finally answered 'you have to ask the price - it's £2,455'.
For a burger. At which point, we both walked out.
End of dream...I woke up.

I had a racing dream last night. I was with a group of blokes who resembled old 1950s British film actors - one resembled Leslie Dwyer, another Harold Goodwin - who were arguing because one had misplaced a bet and therefore hadn't won anything. While this was going on, I picked out a horse from the betting guide which had good form (having come second in it's last race) so I went to the betting shop alone. Part of the shop was like a grocery store, while the betting counter was in the corner behind which was very slick looking 'medallion man' type wearing white shirt and jeans and spoke in drawling way murmuring out of the corner of his mouth. I made an 'each way' bet of £5 and collected my ticket. Don't know the result sorry because there I woke up!

I'm not much of betting man but I do remember the horse in my dream. It was called 'Scaring the Meteor'. I've googled it and there doesn't seem to be any such horse. But I'll keep checking!

Last dream I had, one of my cats was walking a bit funny.

I had a look at her feet and found that the fur on her front right leg was actually a sleeve, up which she'd hidden a ballpoint pen. The retractable sort, white, with a clip and lettering.

I took it out to look at it and said 'This is no good to you!' but she wanted it back so I replaced it where I'd found it.

Urgh.

I KEEP dreaming about my ex-husband and it's starting to bother me. He was a nice bloke (we split up amicably in 2007 when he changed his mind about wanting children) and we stayed in touch for a while afterwards. He's happily with someone else now with at least one child. I have no regrets; quite the opposite, in fact. But, these dreams are horrible. I can't remember the details of the most recent one, but he's either splitting up horribly with me, or getting back with me - I woke up drenched in sweat this morning and it was horrible.

We're not in touch now, but I am, sporadically, with our Best Man. I checked with him a couple of months ago after a couple of dreams that Ex Mr123 was okay, and he said all is well. What is my subconscious doing to me and can it please stop? :wtf:

Urgh.

I KEEP dreaming about my ex-husband and it's starting to bother me. He was a nice bloke (we split up amicably in 2007 when he changed his mind about wanting children) and we stayed in touch for a while afterwards. He's happily with someone else now with at least one child. I have no regrets; quite the opposite, in fact. But, these dreams are horrible. I can't remember the details of the most recent one, but he's either splitting up horribly with me, or getting back with me - I woke up drenched in sweat this morning and it was horrible.

We're not in touch now, but I am, sporadically, with our Best Man. I checked with him a couple of months ago after a couple of dreams that Ex Mr123 was okay, and he said all is well. What is my subconscious doing to me and can it please stop? :wtf:

Difficult to know what the subconscious is up to.

I hope you get happier dreams.

The dreams i have about my ex husband are usually quite funny, he was a leech so i wasn't that bothered he was cheating. In my dreams of him he's usually asking for money or he's up to something dodgy trying to make money, maybe one day i'll dream of him actually holding down a job! :joint:

Had one of those wake up early, put on some electronic device to drone me back to sleep and have an epic REM adventure dreams today that was so close to the surface I recall virtually all of it.

Driving my family (wife and kids) to my hometown out in the country, and taking a lesser known dirt road when suddenly the land dropped in a 90 degree descent which took me on quite a ride. I told everyone to hang on and away we went. As we approached the base of the decline, I seemed to be alone, outside the vehicle and scooting along the surfaces on my back, feet forward. (I know)

I came to rest in a pub (yay) pretty much unscathed. Finding my way back to the wherever everyone else was, I learned that my Da had arranged the whole thing as a birthday gift (!!) and had me drugged to the gills while everyone else in the room sat back and had a great laugh at my expense while I tripped balls. I was not happy about that little twist, asked which chemical was used, and pressed charges.

I woke up late in the morning and felt completely rested. So it seems to be working.

and another
at a weeks remove all i can say is, my sister who passed away recently appeared in the dream, and although the dream was set on the last day of her life (ie that was understood) she looked 100% fine, more vivacious than ever in fact

this time it was my two other sisters who were somehow present, but off-screen somewhere (in real life we dont get on)

i was writing notes in a tall vertical notebook in spidery handwriting, starting at the bottom of the page, tearing the notes out as i gradually worked my way up the page ... notes were for my sisters

handwriting and type of notebook very accurate and true to life for me

I dreamt i visited an old school friend, she took me into her living room where she had a bookcase and i saw the library book i failed to return as a teenager, can't remember which book it was but i'd forgotten all about this until i dreamt of it.

I had a dream where I was watching this year's Football World Cup (I wouldn't do this while awake) and Austria were playing. But their star player was Arnold Schwarzenegger, stripped to the waist and standing at least six feet taller than his teammates. The other team were complaining.

I was dreaming of surfing the 'net on a laptop and spotting a lengthy post by Rynner.
I thought hmm, he's back, is he? and then realised that the page wasn't here but some discussion site about ships.

Rynner was on about sails on ships around the time steam took over. Sails were complicated to use and required skill, but the ships could travel quickly; however, they were no match for the much faster steamships. The Cutty Sark was mentioned. (Nothing I haven't seen on TV!)

The screen was realistic and detailed but the page looked rather dated, with separate text boxes outlined in red and blue. Like that old-fashioned 'school magazine' layout. There were tabs for other windows at the top as usual so I was about to click on one when Techy arrived with my morning coffee.

I was dreaming of surfing the 'net on a laptop and spotting a lengthy post by Rynner.
I thought hmm, he's back, is he? and then realised that the page wasn't here but some discussion site about ships.

Rynner was on about sails on ships around the time steam took over. Sails were complicated to use and required skill, but the ships could travel quickly; however, they were no match for the much faster steamships. The Cutty Sark was mentioned. (Nothing I haven't seen on TV!)

The screen was realistic and detailed but the page looked rather dated, with separate text boxes outlined in red and blue. Like that old-fashioned 'school magazine' layout. There were tabs for other windows at the top as usual so I was about to click on one when Techy arrived with my morning coffee.

Bring Back Rynner!

Last night I dreamt that me and Mr Zebra were in Australia. It started with us having just arrived; I could see a map periodically throughout the dream and we started somewhere sort of 'top right' of Australia and I think there was supposed to be an airport there.

But we had to go across to somewhere 'top left' and there was another airport there. I was desperately wanting to see Sydney, and in particular the bridge. Someone offered to drive us there, telling us she wasn't sure how far we'd get before we had to get the plane back (at 1pm that same day!) and on my map I could see various roads criss-crossing Australia and we were going to be driving roughly South-west, hoping to reach Sydney, before having to get back up to our starting point 'top right' by 1pm.

But, as she drove us she kept stopping at various places - a shop she liked, a friend's house for a meal - and all the while I'm getting more and more worried that we're not going to ever get to Sydney.

She even let us each have a go at driving the car, but despite the driving being on the same side of the road as in Britain, we kept crashing into things cuz we didn't understand the road signs etc.

After several more stops, she finally announced that we were on the outskirts of Sydney and that any minute now we will see the bridge. I was so excited.

And then I woke up. :mad:

I had a dream that I simply had to track down a great new so-bad-it's-good film called Thar. I was reading up about it and it sounded priceless. Then I wake up and forget why. Googling "thar" and it seems to be a type of car. Disappointing.

The actor Michael Melia, who starred in Eastenders years ago, featured in my dream last night. I was watching him on TV. He'd taken over as the police boss in Jasper Carrott's The Detectives in place of George Sewell. (Melia really did appear in that show just once as a criminal who took the Detectives hostage.)

Dunno why he popped up! I didn't even know his name until I googled it just now!

Back