• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Had a whole series of remembered dreams last night, but only the one has remained with me. My dad was alive and around, but his eyes were literal fire. Whenever he opened his eyes, all you could see was flames coming out.

Urgh. He seemed quite unconcerned about it.

Had a whole series of remembered dreams last night, but only the one has remained with me. My dad was alive and around, but his eyes were literal fire. Whenever he opened his eyes, all you could see was flames coming out.

Urgh. He seemed quite unconcerned about it.
I think ~ seeing as it's colder at night-time now possibly brings on more, and stranger types of dreaming, even multi-dreams in one night.

Last edited:
Dreamt that I was on a movie set. An extra who walked in and out of scenes.

The set was like a house with interconnected rooms that we would move through to remain off camera, but be able to set up for next scene.

I had a beautiful blue floral gown on. I think it was supposed to be about a couple getting married, but with a horror theme.

At some point I was soaking wet and was trying to figure out how much of my clothing I could take off and remain modestly covered. I hoped my gown wasn't ruined. I had a light crinoline underneath that somehow had a few tears.

Others had also gotten wet and were trying to dry out.

There was something about a fuchsia coloured dragon/snake which I did not want to see because my horror themed dreams can become nasty if I get more involved.

I knew that I'd done work with this same crew before and knew that my walk ons might never be included in the final cut because they hadn't before.

The special effects used were CGI and so I wouldn't know what any of the movie would look like until the producer showed it to us. (Again knowledge of prior dream).

I didn't get to see movie as I woke:(. I played Legend of Zelda TOTK just before bed and had met up with a dragon creature, so that's where that image came from. I didn't remember until having this dream, but I have had the same set up in another dream and was involved in making a movie with the same producer and filming style.

Many of my dreams will have recurring settings and places that exist only in my dreamworld.

I was standing on a small bridge over a stream with a group of people, watching the water flow underneath. By the side of the stream there were three rats, about the size of a terrier and with reddish/ginger fur - more like beavers than rats, but definitely rats in the dream. The rats were asleep, one was stretched out on its stomach sleeping like a dog, with its head between its paws, the other two were just sort of in the background, and I was chatting aimlessly with the group I was with. I was looking at the sleeping rat, and somehow it was looking back at me, just making eye contact, as they do, looking quite cute. Suddenly the rats all woke up and ran towards us. The one I'd been 'talking to' headed straight for me and I told the group to stand still, they meant us no harm and the first one was cute and I'd been talking to it. The group kind of recoiled as the rats ran past us, and even I stepped back to let them go.

I like rats in real life, have had them as pets for a long time and have no fear or revulsion towards them in the wild. Was slightly alarmed in the dream when they all ran towards us, but not scared.

I don't remember all the details, it involved intentionally jogging past one of the local murder houses (while trying not to make in obvious). The strange thing however is that my dream had a 'next time' trailer at the end of it.
I will keep you posted if I do dream what was in the trailer.

I was walking along next to a road on a hill with a big area of grassland alongside. The road had a railway level crossing at the top of the hill. A car came speeding along the road too fast & when it went over the level crossing it became airborne for a bit & on landing the driver lost control & headed off the road straight at me.

I only had a moment to react & knew I couldn’t get out of the way in time so just before it was going to plough into me I jumped & somehow rolled off the bonnet & roof, only coming out with a bruise to my shoulder & hip. The car sped off without stopping.

I kept waking up needing a wee, but it was cold and I couldn't be bothered to go down to the bathroom, so I tried to sleep through it. So the dream was purely my fault.

I was in a hotel room and I needed a wee. Various things intervened to prevent me, but the main thing I remember was trying to lock the room door, it involved a red and yellow mechanism. I operated the mechanism and thought the door was locked, but suddenly the whole lot just fell off the door and someone walked in.

I was walking along next to a road on a hill with a big area of grassland alongside. The road had a railway level crossing at the top of the hill. A car came speeding along the road too fast & when it went over the level crossing it became airborne for a bit & on landing the driver lost control & headed off the road straight at me.

I only had a moment to react & knew I couldn’t get out of the way in time so just before it was going to plough into me I jumped & somehow rolled off the bonnet & roof, only coming out with a bruise to my shoulder & hip. The car sped off without stopping.
:rofl:I forgot what thread I was reading. I was relieved that you weren't hurt.

I was in a kitchen with a strange water heater. It was mounted on a swivel at the top and it had come loose and I was trying to fix it.
Then I was in the bathroom which had a sloping tiled floor with a water outlet in the middle but it was blocked and flooded and I was thinking of how to fix it.

I had a brief dream about "The Room" again. At intervals I dream that I'm being shown a room that I'm to stay in for the night, I couldn't describe it it may not even be the same in each dream but I suddenly realise that it is really badly haunted (50 Berkeley Sq stuff) but no one seems to know. I'm really trying to find a reason not to stay there, although I realise there is nowhere else to go and I also need to ensure it isn't offered to anyone else. Never get further than that; maybe as well.

Ugh. Just had some snippets of dreams come back from last night.

1. Some kind of medieval-fantasy type battlefield. The central character, in full plate armour, was a treacherous rat, but I can't remember why. He was all bashed up and fell on the battlefield, next to a young woman in chainmail and Norman-style helmet who was bady wounded and on his own side. There was a crossbow lying between them. Bad guy meets the eye of badly-wounded lady and they both struggle to reach the (loaded) crossbow. Bad guy wins the struggle, turns it on the woman and shoots her in the eye. It doesn't finish her off and they continue struggling. Nearby a chariot or cart or something comes to a crashing halt, its wheel spinning rapidly, lifted free of the ground. Bad guy turns the womans head and thrust it forward towards the spokes of the wheel, so the crossbow bolt embedded in her eye went between the spinning spokes. It was very, very messy. Yuck.

2. There was a massive eruption of Santiaguito volcano in Guatemala, obliterating my home-from-home city of Quetzaltenango. This is improbable for a number of reasons - 1. Santiaguito is the side cone of the Santa María volcano, which disastrously exploded in 1902 after being dormant for centuries, blowing off the side of the mountain. Santiaguito is the result and erupts multiple times per day, and is one of the most active volcanoes in the world - but for that reason is constantly venting pressure from the volcano. 2. Santiaguito faces away from the city, any death cloud would likely hit the coastal plain, not the city.

I had a first last night. I was told a joke I haven't heard before.

For some reason, three of us were sledging down a hill and an ex boss was at the front of the sledge. We'd all been telling jokes when my boss said

"I can do an Orson Welles impression ... listen .. 'Can I have some sugar?' (then in a booming Orson Voice 'No!'.

You probably had to be there but I was still laughing after I woke up.

Dreamt I had written a Children's Book and it had been published. Its title? "Henry the Potato and his T54 Tank".

01-potato-T-54-tank-Henry-Fortean.jpg

"Write-it! Write-it! Write-it!"

;)

maximus otter

Many of my dreams will have recurring settings and places that exist only in my dreamworld.
I get that a lot as well. Usually I'm walking around enormous buildings that morph between a hospital, shopping mall, enormous palace etc etc. and interacting with characters. Sometimes I've walked around entire imaginary towns in repeat dreams to the point where I know my way around them now, gone in and out of shops and looked at the stuff for sale, all in vivid detail.

I was walking alongside a fairly fast flowing river, talking to a woman. She either fell or jumped in & disappeared into the dirty water. I could hear choking/thrashing sounds & she didn’t surface as I thought she might. I ran a little bit ahead to an accessible spot & frantically felt round in the muddy water for her. By sheer luck I felt her arm & managed to grab hold of it to pull her out.

She wasn’t breathing so I attempted to get the water out of her lungs. Amazingly it worked & she started breathing. The scene then switched to boarding a crowded bus.

So not last night, but the past few nights I've had disturbing dreams. Not horrific, but mundane events that cause me to feel unsettled or p*ssed off.

One was of my husband who had sneakily drove me to a therapist to have a couple's session. I had a feeling that I was being set up.

Sure enough, when I met the therapist, she introduced herself to me and I gave her my name. I immediately knew that he'd spoken to her beforehand as neither introduced themselves to each other.

It was clear as I was talking to her that he'd made up stories about me. I don't remember her questions, but as I answered them, I could see by her facial expressions that he'd prejudiced her towards me and that my answers were showing her that he'd lied.

I then realized that he was trying to make a case for divorce. I proceeded to tell her just he was doing.

Don't remember anything else. But stupid dream. My husband and I were married for 26 years and of course we had the usual issues, but nothing would have led to divorce.

Very weird one last night.
I was in a noisy nightclub - somewhere I've never enjoyed, and was feeling rather nonplussed and out-of-sorts.
The bouncer came over to me, put his arm around my shoulder and said in a Cockney geezer voice "c'mon mate. Don't look so miserable. You're putting everyone off. Go and have a drink." I thought he sounded and looked familiar. I and realised he was the late great wrestler Mick McManus. So I went to the bar and saw to my disappointment that they didn't have any real ales on. I ordered a bottle of Newcastle Brown and did a double-take, when I saw that the barmaid was none other than Yootha Joyce. She smiled and handed me my change - but it was all weird coins, like cartwheel tuppences and copper shillings. I was going to show the strange coins to some others at the bar, but the coins then magically vanished. Then I woke up.
OK, so the coins thing could have lingered in my mind from the last post I made yesterday about our currency, but where the flip did Mick McManus and Yootha Joyce come from?

Yesterday I read about another car crash in South Wales that's variously killed and injured a group of teenage boys.

Dreamed that Techy and I went to the area, which we don't know, for some reason that Techy said he'd explain afterwards.
I dropped him off and looked for somewhere to wait for him. After a short drive during which I worried about exceeding the new 20mph limit, I found a rural car park, where I noticed the Batmobile arrive.

It started revolving on the spot, as on a turntable, and with each turn it changed into a different famous fictional vehicle like the Ghostbusters car, the Whacky Races' Ant Hill Mob car and so on.

This seemed to be a normal occurrence as I was the only bystander taking any notice.

On spotting the projector that was producing this effect I nodded smugly at my own cleverness.

There's a bit more involving joining a bus queue for a ride to another village and wondering why people were also queuing to visit what liked like the car park kiosk, and seeing the family who owned the Batmobile strolling about in costumes that continuously changed like the car.

Eventually Techy returned and quietly disclosed that he'd been taking his driving test and was pleased to have passed.
He's actually been driving since he was 17.

I assume all this is from learning about the recent Coedely crash which occurred so soon after the Snowdonia one.

Wales, buses, young drivers, rural roads; dunno where the Batmobile comes into it. :dunno:

OK, so the coins thing could have lingered in my mind from the last post I made yesterday about our currency, but where the flip did Mick McManus and Yootha Joyce come from?
Ah now, I know this one. :)

They are people whose faces you know from TV or wherever who are filling in for your dream characters.
In The Sopranos, Tony the Mob boss dreams about people in the same way. He recognises that the actor Annette Bening is standing in for someone's mother in a restaurant.

Maybe, and this is just my guess, your subconscious picked these individuals because Mick might make a good bouncer - both genial and physically robust - and Yootha was a known alcoholic who'd know all about boozing.

That's my cartwheel tuppence-worth.:hoff:

I loved George & Mildred (starring Yootha and Brian Murphy). :D Even the opening titles, at the end of which Mildred's/Yootha's face perfectly expresses her utter exasperation at her husband's uselessness, was dead funny & great comic acting.

I loved George & Mildred (starring Yootha and Brian Murphy). :D Even the opening titles, at the end of which Mildred's/Yootha's face perfectly expresses her utter exasperation at her husband's uselessness, was dead funny & great comic acting.
I bet there's a lot of 'Mildred's & George's out there too!

Brian Murphy made a charming cameo appearance in The Bill as a costumed Christmas elf.
His character was locked up for public drunkenness and when he sobered up he begged to be released because The Boss was swinging by to collect him for work.

He was eventually bailed and staggered off across a snowy car park, where his footprints stopped halfway to the gate... :thought:
Cue puzzled bobbies, theme music. :chuckle:

Here's the IMBD page on it -
When the Snow Lay Round About

Back