• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Happened To All The Sightings & Abductions?

Bonehead,

..Nada, Nuttin', Zed, Zero, Zilch. Nice story. What it was is anybody's guess. I guess that huge thing that blackened the sky was the planet Venus!..

And that just about sums up the whole ufo phenomena.

The problem is we can't just pack up and turn to gardening as the opposite side of the coin is that one can't prove there is nothing to it either.

Sort of 'seventy years of working you fingers to the bone and what do you finish up with ?

Boney fingers.

And the trap is similar to the one experienced by the folk who pick a set of lottery numbers and stick to the same ones all the time.
after twenty years they would like to change them or stop. But they fear that the moment they do their numbers will come out.

But I ended my short flirtation with the lottery by going cold turkey. Just stopped buying them and never checked the results again..just in case.

Maybe it is time to do it with the ufo.

INT21

So Podesta expects that the secret aircraft research facility at Groom Lake should turn over all its secrets to the public just because he is interested in UFOs? The secrets at Groom Lake are to do with military technology, (and nothing to do with extraterrestrials) and it is perfectly sensible to keep them from America's enemies.

Hopefully he can get any remaining records released, just like David Clarke did in this country, but he'll almost certainly be disappointed. All remaining UFO records are probably classified because some official thought that they contained secret information on the USA's intruder detection capabilities - something which is perfectly sensible to keep secret. But nowadays it is not essential to keep the secret that USA had shite radar in the 1950s and 1960s, so maybe a few records could safely be declassified.

A glowing red ball in the sky, taking up half the window? Sounds like a meteorological phenomenon to me, not a nuts-and-bolts alien spacecraft

----------------------------------------
Perhaps a spacecraft was involved, but a terrestrial one. Rocket fuel dumps create this sort of phenomenon on a fairly regular basis.
02-b-greg.JPG

1002.jpg

It is particularly revealing that the phenomenon started off white, then went red, as if it were passing from full sunlight into the Earth's shadow.

Randomly browsing my old FTs last night, I found a short paragraph in FT 320, November, 2014, p.26, in Roberts & Clarke's Flying Saucery Column which makes the same connection between Godfrey and the Futuro home. It refers to the fact that the Futuro "was on display in Todmorden for several months before PC Godfrey had his historic sighting and 'abduction' of 28 November 1980."

More on the Godfrey - Futoro connection here - plus a link to a YouTube vid where PC Alan Godfrey is being interviewed on the BBC's Breakfast Time - with an aside from the sports presenter. An ex-footballer called David Icke...

https://wearethemutants.com/2017/08/23/the-alan-godfrey-abduction-case-1980/

I would like to interject in this thread some of my findings as it pertains to America.Witness today seem reluctant or even deny seeing UFO,s.Their is a stigma associated with seeing UFO,s in the states.I don't think the U.K. Has that issue.One can lose their job or suffer being an outcast.It not a smart idea to makes such claims in light of the history of past witness.

...One can lose their job or suffer being an outcast.It not a smart idea to makes such claims in light of the history of past witness...

But it's ok to believe the Earth is flat !

Strange.

INT21

I saw a programme yesterday about the PC Alan Godfrey UFO case in Todmorden 1980 & the discovery of the body of ex miner Zigmund Adamski some months previously.

There's no obvious connection other than Godfrey finding his body, Adamski had been missing for 5 days but when he was found, had only 1 days beard growth. His shirt, watch & wallet were missing & he had burns marks which had been treated with ointment which couldn't be identified. The coroner I think delivered an open verdict as "The question of where he was before he died and what led to his death just could not be answered."

Godfrey had his UFO encounter whilst investigating a report about missing cows & had a missing 40 minutes after a bright flash of light when he stopped in front of the UFO. The report he made & police records of the incident have never surfaced despite in theory being available under the freedom of information act. He has tried several times to obtain them but the authorities say the only records they have are newspaper cuttings from the time which means they've either junked them or are holding them back for some reason.

As we know, information revealed from hypnosis can't be relied on as evidence or fact. He doesn't consciously remember the 'abduction' details revealed under hypnosis.

Also interviewed was another police colleague of his from the same time who also witnessed a UFO on the moors & reported it. According to him this UFO, actually a light as it was night-time, travelled a great distance in seconds. No trace of this either in police records.

It's a fascinating case even setting aside the abduction part.

^Speaking of Adamski......I read an article not long ago where it was hypothesized his death was a family matter in that he had some conflicts with a family problem recently and it's though one of them kidnapped him ,injured him, he died, they dumped him there to make it look weird to throw off the police investigations. It sounds plausible based on the info in the article. Some of the original facts had also been reported incorrectly.

Hunk,

...Also interviewed was another police colleague of his from the same time who also witnessed a UFO on the moors & reported it. According to him this UFO, actually a light as it was night-time, travelled a great distance in seconds. No trace of this either in police records...

All this happened just over the hill from where I live. In fact if it wasn't for the hill I could see Todmorden from where I am sitting.
If you were to look through the ufo history for the area at the time you will find there were a lot of sightings by many people; including the police sightings mentioned.
At the time I was with YUFOS and doing on the ground inquiries on the subject.

A lot more people than is generally known reported seeing something at the time.
Godfrey did say that the records are held by the government for some reason.

A technique used to catch out the police with regards to reports from the public goes as follows.

When something is seen, send written requests to the local police saying you have seen something and requesting any information they have. There is a good chance you will get no answer. But sending them by registered post means that the communication has had to be signed for by a recipient.

Then when you ask if anyone reported the sighting and they say they don't know anything about it, you can mention your registered letter.

Puts them in an awkward position. The post office will have a record of delivery.

Neat.

HAL
INT21

I lived in Bury at the time this was going on and have always been interested
in the goings on, I also remember the UFO house but at the time it was on
the left side of the main road heading to Bacup, does anyone know the location
of the actual sighting and the coal yard? on the tv interview it looked like the A646 Burnly rd.
At the time we were told and I cant remember were the info came from that
the lights were due to pilots of a DC3 mail plane bored to death daring
each other to cut the engines and see how far they they dare go before opening them
up and climbing back to height, I find this hard to believe but by all accounts words were had
and the little game stopped.

Just to update this thread on the Alan Godfrey case. I (Jenny Randles) have spent the Summer helping him to tell his story as a book. He wanted to put his own account into print for his family as he had been poorly recently and needed brain surgery. So I promised that if he did not make it then I would take his notes and turn them into a book for him.

Happily he recovered well so we were able to work on this together and his 320 pp book - Who or What Were They? - was published this week. Alan has already had to have reprints done as I gather it is selling well for him.

The book tells the full story of the Adamski case from within the police (which will help elucidate some posts earlier in this thread) and also details of his own close encounter not made public before. Plus the frightening way he was treated by the police as a result of both incidents.

He is selling it himself on ebay books, but you can see the cover, blurb, some extracts and a Q and A that I did with him on my website - www.ozfactorbooks.com

This site will also feature a free monthly return of Northern UFO News, a sort of blog newsletter I edited between 1975 and 2001.

Issue 187 is on there now just 16 years after 186 appeared. Very very retro as such UFO mags are totally obsolete these days, but I was fulfilling a promise to my subscribers when it abruptly stopped due to unavoidable circumstances.

I said it would come back - so it has. Just a little late.

Book arrived today, but, and it was my fault, if you order thro a friend, as i did, (I hate paypal) get them to tell him it is for a friend and give him the friends name, as i have her name in my book now lol

Back