• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Is Hell Like?

rynner said:
I'm living full of regret for all the things I wished I'd done.

(Now I'm too old, feeble, and poor to do them.)

Thats bullshit mate, and you know it. if there's anything you that bad you can do it. When my mu turned 50 she had the same attitude, so we packed her off to uni, where she earned a degree.

My hell would be me not being able to take care of my family, as its all i live for, although i have no kids i treat my younger brother and sister as if they were my kids, and id hate to think i couldnt look after them.

I didn't mean to depress anyone. *hug* to Rynner. It's true that it is never too late for things to happen, but it certainly feels like it sometimes. :eek:

Spooky angel said:
I didn't mean to depress anyone. *hug* to Rynner. It's true that it is never too late for things to happen, but it certainly feels like it sometimes. :eek:

same here, so here's a big Hug and sloppy kiss from MrC!

I think we've spoilt him now. No one could be depressed after all that. :D

I'm a champion depressive, me. :(

But thanks for all the hugs and kisses! :)

I am convinced that there is a circle of Hell specificly dedicated to those people who believe in it on the proviso that they'll go there if they don't.

Niles "KSC" Calder

dot23 said:
I envision hell as a place where one is forced to relive the 'sinful' moments of ones life until you make the 'right' choices of your own volition (a la Groundhog day :) ).

Id like to think this was true as it gives everyone a fair chance to do the right thing. As we all know, its a hard life and many wrong turns are taken. It would be a hellish life if we couldnt put a few things right now and again.

"My life and most of my actions conspire to label me a fool. From this second onwards i choose to make the right decisions and this acts in my defence."

Not a fan of Mr. Gillan, by any chance?

I am a fan of Mr. G. Will he be there too?
Talking of which I absolutely loved Rik Mayall's version of Gillans Evil (Young Ones) when he sang
"I'm evil, my middle name is Jeremy"

bulldog said:
Not a fan of Mr. Gillan, by any chance?

I am a fan of Mr. G. Will he be there too?
Talking of which I absolutely loved Rik Mayall's version of Gillans Evil (Young Ones) when he sang
"I'm evil, my middle name is Jeremy"

who is mr gillan? and who are you refering to when u ask the Q ?

Dinosaur said:
who is mr gillan? and who are you refering to when u ask the Q ?

Would this be Ian Gillan? Heavy metal musician?

He is a singer and like drummers is not worthy of the honour of being called a musician:D

The Fireclown said:
He is a singer and like drummers is not worthy of the honour of being called a musician:D
I beg to differ. The voice is an instrument. I needs practice like any other instrument. It's taken me months of work to get mine back properly after losing my voice. Which my poor neighbours can confirm.

I knew someone would bite.

Q: What do you call a guitarist who has just broken up with his girlfriend?

A:Homeless

This has been 'borrowed' from http://www.fishtank.org.uk:

A thermodynamics professor had written a take home exam for his graduate students. It had one question:

"Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? Support your answer with a proof."

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So, we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities.

#1 If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

#2 Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Therese Banyan during my Freshman year, "That it will be a cold night in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then #2 cannot be true, and so Hell is exothermic.

The student got the only A in the class.

Hahahahahahaha, Hell and physics, brill.
Just emailed that off to my son who is reading physics at Oxford.

If I may paraphrase Satre: 'Hell is other people - doing their Christmas shopping...' :D

Hell is preferable to living an eternity with Christian fundamentalists!!

Priest says he went to Hell, wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy

Priest Gerald Johnson from Michigan claimed to have visited Hell after suffering a heart attack and said the experience changed his life forever.

"I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy," he said.

Johnson posted his claims in a series of TikToks and claimed that he was sent to Hell in February of 2016 after his heart attack. In one of his more viral videos, which got 3.7 million views, Johnson said that he indeed saw real Hell.

"My spirit left my physical body, and I thought I was on my way up [to Heaven]," he remembered. "I thought I did so much good during my life and that I helped so many people, but even so, I went down [to Hell]. I entered the very center of the Earth. The things I saw there are indescribable. It brings up so many difficult feelings when I talk about it."

Johnson, a priest of seven years, described some of the things he witnessed when he visited Hell including a man "walking on all fours like a dog and getting burned from head to toe. His eyes were bulging and worse than that: He was wearing chains on his neck. He was like a hellhound. There was a demon holding the chains."

He added that "like telepathically, I knew that the demon was sent in this man's life to ride him from his childhood to his death."

Johnson continued, adding that there is a section of Hell where music is played. He says he heard songs there like Rihanna's "Umbrella" and Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry Be Happy". Sounds nice, right? No. He said that it's not the original artists who sing the songs, but a group of demons that use the words to torture us.

https://www.jpost.com/omg/article-729030

maximus otter

Johnson continued, adding that there is a section of Hell where music is played. He says he heard songs there like Rihanna's "Umbrella" and Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry Be Happy". Sounds nice, right? No. He said that it's not the original artists who sing the songs, but a group of demons that use the words to torture us.

And in the ninth circle of Hell they play U2 songs to torment the lost souls.

Priest Gerald Johnson from Michigan claimed to have visited Hell after suffering a heart attack and said the experience changed his life forever.

Johnson posted his claims in a series of TikToks and claimed that he was sent to Hell in February of 2016 after his heart attack. In one of his more viral videos, which got 3.7 million views, Johnson said that he indeed saw real Hell.

"My spirit left my physical body, and I thought I was on my way up [to Heaven]," he remembered. "I thought I did so much good during my life and that I helped so many people, but even so, I went down [to Hell]. I entered the very center of the Earth. The things I saw there are indescribable. It brings up so many difficult feelings when I talk about it."

Johnson, a priest of seven years, described some of the things he witnessed when he visited Hell including a man "walking on all fours like a dog and getting burned from head to toe. His eyes were bulging and worse than that: He was wearing chains on his neck. He was like a hellhound. There was a demon holding the chains."

He added that "like telepathically, I knew that the demon was sent in this man's life to ride him from his childhood to his death."

maximus otter

The bit about Rihanna has the ring of truth about it.
I mean, her songs are from Hell, it's true.

Entirely IMO, but I don't think Hell exists (the Catholic one, not the town in Norway).

You either go on to the afterlife life if you believe, or you face oblivion if you don't. I can't believe in a God that would set up an eternal torture chamber.

maximus otter

Perhaps he had been unconsciously affected by the paintings of Hieronymus Bosch.

Entirely IMO, but I don't think Hell exists (the Catholic one, not the town in Norway).

You either go on to the afterlife life if you believe, or you face oblivion if you don't. I can't believe in a God that would set up an eternal torture chamber.
I can't believe in a God who would set up a future of oblivion for the wary and confused, either.

I think it's the forgiveness thing, i mean even a parent forgives a child when it doesn't believe in what the parent insists. It would take a rather cruel God to play so unfair. Life is complex and if a God does exist they would have to account for not making it terribly easy to believe.

At this point I dare say none of us know what's going on. All we have is our faith, beliefs and fears. And contrary to what some might say, faith and belief are very powerful. Someone who may not believe in God might find the 'truth' in a different form. Perhaps all roads lead to the same thing, whatever we might call it.

The Norse Hell was meant to be cold. I read somewhere that the preoccupation with a fiery hell was a mediterranean interpretation. The med folk have a hot hell cos they know how unpleasant the sun can be when youve forgotten the SPF50.
The Norse knew how nasty it could be without any nice bits of dead animal to snuggle up under, if the sun had gone on holiday, so they thought of hell as like a long scandinavian winter.
So why isn't the British Hell a place of perpetual eternal rain?

Back