• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Where's My Post? (Staff Actions In Response To Member Postings)

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This thread is being established to provide a place for queries and discussions relating to staff (moderator) actions taken with regard to members' posts.

Here is an overview of the basic / background conditions in effect ...

The forum's Terms and Rules set the basic guidelines for evaluating the propriety and / or acceptability of content members post to the forum.

You are responsible for any content you post to the forum. We (the moderators) are responsible for managing such content - including making and enacting judgments on whether given content is allowed to persist.

The forum's moderators - all volunteers - are charged with the responsibility for monitoring new postings, noting any acceptability issues pertaining to a given new post, reporting such issues to the overall staff if necessary, participating in staff evaluations of any such issues, deciding what response(s) may be required, and implementing both immediate / transient and final such responses in the course of dealing with a given incident.

These responsibilities translate into a lot of work, and we take this work seriously.

In the course of stewarding the forum's content:
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be acted upon only at our discretion and subject to the Service's Privacy Policy and applicable data protection regulations.
(Terms and Rules; "The Content You Submit to the Service")

Last edited:
NOTE: The following discussion concerns a posting to the Royal News thread which was removed from public view pending staff review.

Last edited:
I think I’ve got Alzheimer’s. I thought I posted here.
you did, it's pending review. If you want to discuss this please do it in PM or General Queries :)

Frides

You could have notified me. I’m worried about memory loss and this doesn’t help.

I've a couple of pictures removed in the last few hours, with the explanation "As stated, pictures without editorial being removed"

Does this mean because I didn't have text to go with them? They were pretty self-explanatory! And one was a joke in the joke section!

I've a couple of pictures removed in the last few hours, with the explanation "As stated, pictures without editorial being removed"

Does this mean because I didn't have text to go with them? They were pretty self-explanatory! And one was a joke in the joke section!

Yes, I'm afraid so.

It's about accessibility.

There are a number of reasons why even a short introductory comment is helpful, but the most important one here is that images aren't self-explanatory if some members can't see them--which is the case for some members.

We do have some threads where comments are not required, like the CHAT threads devoted solely to images.

I'll go and take a look at the joke ones.

It's happened to me too.

Back