• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

Because very often the 'sensitives' cannot back up their pronouncements with actual fact.
The usual situation is thus:
Sensitive joins investigation of a reputed haunted location. While no other investigators experience anything, the 'sensitive' has a really dramatic experience and tells rollicking tales of nasty men, pitiful servants, lost/unrequited love etc. Meanwhile, the rest of the investigation team are expected to hang on to their every word, giving them credibility for future investigations.
One approach I've heard of which impresses me more is of a psychic medium who, using a self-illuminating pad, wrote down the time, their impressions, even things that they experienced ... but kept it to themselves until the team had a de-brief and compare notes; the 'sensitive' contributing last. This way, the sensitive had no influence over the other investigators.

Think of it as investigators using an unreliable device, with no way of checking that it's working, and no back-up equipment. :D
The only times their claims seem to impress me though, is when they on occasion come out with something that was previously unknown and it is lodged in some records or other, but I guess even that could be just down to secretly digging out the right information beforehand.

I've no clue about ghost hunting, so can someone please explain why these supposed or actual 'sensitives' are being criticised in this thread? This isn't a loaded question, by the way - I've simply no experience of such pursuits and haven't read much about them (aside from a little on this board).

for me it's about drama queens and needing to be the centre of attention. Along with a desperate attempt to make themselves more interesting. The one or two people I've known who I thought might be on to something have been reticent and happy to tell an amanuensis quietly in the middle of things, or write something up for the group afterwards.

I distrust people who arrive with their own acolytes.

Why, then, are they invited to these vigils? Unless it's for reasons of making a broadcast more dramatic, I don't see the point of them being present...

Isn't it difficult for groups to work out who's credible and who isn't? Similarly, I've read many times over the years about psychics who helped the police to solve crimes...and yet, the police usually down-play or deny it.

Was this the location that had absolutely no recorded incidents of any ghostly nature whatsoever?

Hm. I might replace 'sensitive' with 'over imaginative' if so.

Isn't it difficult for groups to work out who's credible and who isn't? Similarly, I've read many times over the years about psychics who helped the police to solve crimes...and yet, the police usually down-play or deny it.
It's uncommon - but not reported 'officially' - that a 'psychic medium' is called in as a 'consultant' and rare that they actually get results taken to court.
Remember that 'psychic' evidence would be impossible to be presented in court. This is why the police down-play it or deny it. On the other hand, many 'psychics' love to claim that their 'evidence' helped solve a crime. Good publicity, innit?

they are members of groups who find them useful. Or at least amusing.
Last night I was watching the Ghost Hunting Team with the lady ~ who was one of the accompanying research team in Ireland. Thought I recognised here ~ turns out to be the woman who does that pretty annoying softer, and white-than-white 'Fairy' washing advert (ref: Blaze channel) - always wondered who the heck she was???

Last night I was watching the Ghost Hunting Team with the lady ~ who was one of the accompanying research team in Ireland. Thought I recognised here ~ turns out to be the woman who does that pretty annoying softer, and white-than-white 'Fairy' washing advert (ref: Blaze channel) - always wondered who the heck she was???
Oh God, not her.
Vogue.

Oh God, (my biases are showing), I am from an Irish background ( Parents and way earlier). I find some names "difficult". Does anyone know if Vogue is a name she uses for TV or her given name ? I must try to look it up,being lazy LOL

Most psychics I've met have a horrid personality disorder where they relish being the centre of attention. And what better way to do this than to spout hogwash supposedly from The Great Hereafter and with a ready made audience lapping up every fictitious word?

Most psychics I've met have a horrid personality disorder where they relish being the centre of attention. And what better way to do this than to spout hogwash supposedly from The Great Hereafter and with a ready made audience lapping up every fictitious word?
I try to keep an open mind...I have difficulty taking some names seriously though, see previous.

Rainham Hall last night, a wonderful town house from the 1700's, nothing spooky happened.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1708857321944.jpg
    FB_IMG_1708857321944.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 12
  • FB_IMG_1708857333983.jpg
    FB_IMG_1708857333983.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 11
  • FB_IMG_1708857338425.jpg
    FB_IMG_1708857338425.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 11
If it was a 'Ghost' Hunt, and Nothing happened, & you didn't see one?. . Then ask for your money back!:huh::)
It was a 'ghost hunt', not a 'ghost find'. Presumably they hunted... so I don't think we can invoke the Trades Descriptions Act on this one!

Regarding psychics, I tend to stay away from the ones who very vocally and blatantly tell people that they hear and see every little whisper from "uncle Jack". They ruin any experience for those who are there to enjoy a ghost vigil/tour.

Some people do go to try to honestly see if they sense anything and more often than not, they don't. But having an intrusive attention seeking "psychic" gives no one a chance to explore.

Most people who are psychic will not telegraph their talents and are just as interested in others' experiences. They will show respect for the whole group They will quietly make their notes and if the group has a debriefing later, they will share in order to see if anyone else's experience correlates with theirs.

And not all psychics hear or see things. I consider myself slightly psychic, but not a psychic. I sometimes "know" things ie clairsentient. Few "psychics" will ever say that this is their type of sentience. I guess it's not as exciting and dramatic.

But having an intrusive attention seeking "psychic" gives no one a chance to explore.
And that is a major gripe I have with "sensitives" who hog all the attention, potentially masking anything unusual.

The report from hedingham castle was sent out a few days ago, it was all "sensitives " sensing a spirit there, a spirit there a spirit every bloody where. It can wear down my errr.... spirit.

This is a photo from hedingham castle, about 40 minutes into the first vigil, the "sensitive" is in full flow, I am in the background, losing attention and plotting murder.

Attachments

• IMG-20240226-WA0002~3.jpg
    IMG-20240226-WA0002~3.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 15
Back