• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

This one wasn't great either other than the so bad it's good factor. Let Me Die A Woman.

Wow, I remember hearing about this as a kid, some scandalous x-rated film that showed sex change surgery. I didn't remember the title though until you posted this.

Out of some childhood curiosity, I actually went to youtube and watched the film. The surgery footage was a bit hard to look at, but what really got me was the sheer amount of body hair in the film :eek: I'm guessing depilation was not a thing in the 70's!

Aside from that, definately a film that will make you feel lke a worse person for having watched it. Which was maybe the point.

Wow, I remember hearing about this as a kid, some scandalous x-rated film that showed sex change surgery. I didn't remember the title though until you posted this.

Out of some childhood curiosity, I actually went to youtube and watched the film. The surgery footage was a bit hard to look at, but what really got me was the sheer amount of body hair in the film :eek: I'm guessing depilation was not a thing in the 70's!

Aside from that, definately a film that will make you feel lke a worse person for having watched it. Which was maybe the point.
Without checking, I think from memory it was directed by notorious exploitation film maker Doris Wishman .. I used the trailer as part of a weird films video I made at college.

I caught this on a small black and white TV in a bedsit back in the late eighties. I am no fan of Westerns but I absolutely raved about it!(Although, incidentally, I `read` it as a pure Western at that time,,and just didn't pick up on its Fortean aspects) Then I spoke to a guy who was a proper western movie aficiocando, and rather snooty about it. He told me that it was widely considered to be one of the worst Westerns ever made!

Hmmmm...I just couldn't be bothered to watch it again though Anybody willing to do this chore on my behalf?

Last edited:
That looks brilliant! :) I've got to see that! .. Charles Bronson, Chief out of Cuckoo's Nest? .. I'm in.

SCORE! ... I've found it, thanks Zeke Newbold .. AND it's a Dino De Laurentis flic! ... I think a little bit of wee just came out.

The White Buffalo is incredibly pretentious, but it's not the worst Western ever made. It's basically Moby Buffalo with heavy spiritual elements. It is a bit boring after a while though (or it was for me),

The White Buffalo is incredibly pretentious, but it's not the worst Western ever made. It's basically Moby Buffalo with heavy spiritual elements. It is a bit boring after a while though (or it was for me),

I liked it although I have just had a couple of cans ... it was well edited especially ..

I liked it although I have just had a couple of cans ... it was well edited especially ..

Well, (to refer back to a thread from a long time ago): I watched it when I was going through my Grebo phase. The two things are kinda fused together in my memory. It's a Grebo film if ever there was one - just check out the costumes!

Contrary to popular myth, Bronson did some good stuff. I presume you will have seen `Once upon A Time in the West` - which is his finest hour? `The Mechanic` is also worth a watch.

Well, (to refer back to a thread from a long time ago): I watched it when I was going through my Grebo phase. The two things are kinda fused together in my memory. It's a Grebo film if ever there was one - just check out the costumes!

Contrary to popular myth, Bronson did some good stuff. I presume you will have seen `Once upon A Time in the West` - which is his finest hour? `The Mechanic` is also worth a watch.
The only things I've ever watched him in are the Death Wish films to be honest ... I'll look out for the others, cheers for the recommendations .. I remember the Grebo scene :) ... me and Pete Aston interviewed the poppies at Aston Villa leisure centre for the zine 'Galore' ... twas a very good gig that one!

The only things I've ever watched him in are the Death Wish films to be honest ... I'll look out for the others, cheers for the recommendations .. I remember the Grebo scene :) ... me and Pete Aston interviewed the poppies at Aston Villa leisure centre for the zine 'Galore' ... twas a very good gig that one!

Well, we've discussed the Grebo scene before. I think your take on it is a bit different from mine though, as I think you are about ten years younger than me. For me Grebo was the generation that had only just missed punk suddenly flirting with biker Outlaw imagery and playing early grunge. For me the main players were the Batfish Boys and Crazyhead (I do remember PWEI too though). The NME was really pushing it for a brief period - circa 87 88.

Well, we've discussed the Grebo scene before. I think your take on it is a bit different from mine though, as I think you are about ten years younger than me. For me Grebo was the generation that had only just missed punk suddenly flirting with biker Outlaw imagery and playing early grunge. For me the main players were the Batfish Boys and Crazyhead (I do remember PWEI too though). The NME was really pushing it for a brief period - circa 87 88.
I'm 42 ... I saw Crazyhead live a couple of times, I've not heard of the Batfish Boys but I'll look them up now ..

Here we are. The lead singer dressed - and even looked - like Bronson in `The White Bufallo`

Here we are. The lead singer dressed - and even looked - like Bronson in `The White Bufallo`
I was only really into the midlands scene, Gaye Bikers On Acid and the like .. I've never really thought about Grebo being a precursor of Grunge although we did also interview Mudhoney once with a lesser know support act called Nirvana keeping strangely quiet in the background of the room ... I wish I still had that tape.

Some other Charles Bronson movies well worth your time: Mr Majestyk, Violent City, The Dirty Dozen, Murphy's Law, Hard Times, From Noon Till Three (not your obvious Chuck western), Telefon, The Magnificent Seven, and oh, why not, House of Wax too.

Worst one? Possibly 10 to Midnight with its naked serial killer (not played by Chuck).

The thing about Charles Bronson is that he always played the same character. Different name, same bloke.
A bit like the acting repertoire of Clint Eastwood when he was doing the westerns.

And because it never gets old, the Mandom ad:
You'd have thought there would have been a less monosyllabic specimen of masculinity they could have chosen...and heck, he's practically showering that stuff on! :eek:

Chuck was a huge star in Japan, where it didn't matter so much what he was saying.

oh, why not, House of Wax too.

House of Wax is a fun interesting early movie. His stock action movies bore me. I think his most interesting, sympathetic role is Danny the claustrophobic Tunnel King in The Great Escape. But then I think The Great Escape is one of the best, ripping, movies ever; so is that an action move or not?

Once Upon a Time in the West is up there in my all time favourites. Bronson filled his role perfectly in that.

I need to get me some of that Mandom. I don't spend nearly enough time sitting in deserted bars or shooting people.

Once Upon a Time in the West is up there in my all time favourites. Bronson filled his role perfectly in that.

That whole slow opening build up then Bronson gets off the train and meets the three gunmen:

"You have three horses?"
"Yeah, we seem to be missing a horse for you."
"No, you bought two too many."

Bang, bang, bang!

I need to get me some of that Mandom. I don't spend nearly enough time sitting in deserted bars or shooting people.
The Mandom would ensure that the bars would be deserted.

I spend way too much time sitting in deserted bars - but shooting people is Not Very Nice and a Bit Impolite, as well as an Infringement of the Law.

Bronson actually grew weary of his `macho ` roles - he wanted to play romantic leads, like Cary Grant. He once said in an interview that all he did was to `provide a presence`. But...what a presence, eh? Nevertheless he drew plaudits from `proper` actors: Charles Laughton was a fan.

He was (is)* of Russian Tartar stock (not a lot of people know that) - hence his asiatic appearance.

*Is he still with us?

Last night I watched The Adventures of Sadie AKA Our Girl Friday. This 1953 British comedy was filmed on Mallorca and featured the bodily charms of the young Joan Collins, courted by three suitors on a desert island. The suitors were Kenneth More, affecting a very elusive Irish brogue, George Cole as a pretentious writer and veteran farceur Robertson Hare as a pompous lecturer.

I'm told that some prints survive in decent condition but the Eastman Colour on most circulating versions has turned magenta.

Not much wit or wisdom in the script. Full-blooded males have just ogled La Collins, still very much at the probably mythical "Anne Frank - she's in the attic!" stage of her acting career. I spent my time wondering how much the writers were influenced by Lord of the Flies. Just odd moments, such as the importance of keeping the bonfire alight and the runt status of a bespectacled Hare . . .

However, Lord of the Flies was published in 1954, so this fairly piffling film may have influenced the book! :p

I confess that I haven't!

Not a specific contender for the "Worst Movie" crown, but the Movies For Men channel on freeview seems to be playing an endless stream of tat these days. They seem to be mostly extremely shonky disaster movies, starring no-one you've ever heard of, and with the kind of title you could easily imitate, like "Seattle Thunderquake" or "Eighteen-headed Landshark". OK, I possibly did make those 2 up...

Back