Would You Want To Meet Your Parents In The Afterlife ?

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I'd love to see my parents again - I know the West Midlands has it's faults but I wouldn't call it the afterlife, it's just a long drive from Sussex.

Last edited:

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I am a middle child which is not a good family position.

My parents had skeletons in their closet and also both suffered living through the 1930s depression.

They were poor, and I learned my father left school in the eight grade to go to work.

My parents never talked about the past that much.

After my father died, I found out he was married in 1920s with a child who died in child birth which broke that marriage.

My mother when younger was always depressed over the death of her sister.

If I run into my parents in the after life, I have lots of questions that maybe could fill in the blanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

littlebrowndragon

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
I would not want to meet my parents. I want to leave the past behind. My father was not a pleasant man. Whether my parents would want to meet me, is a moot point too!

I recently saw a film called Prayers for Bobby (Sigourney Weaver). In it, Sigourney Weaver plays the mother of a family of teenage children. She is extremely religious. She wants all her family to meet up again in the afterlife. In order for this to happen, they must lead sin-free lives on earth. One of her sons, however, reveals that he is gay. By his mother's lights, that is a sin. She therefore attempts to cure her son of his sins, learning much herself in the process.

It was an interesting film. But to me, the idea of the whole family meeting up again in an afterlife is horrific.

Endlessly Amazed

Endlessly, you know, amazed
Reaction score
Why, yes indeed. There are people to rejoin, to love, to thank, to ask and give explanations, to plan future adventures with, and just a few spirit asses to kick! Especially the last. Karma be damned......