• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Zombie Watch

I just viewed a film where a Zombie Plague is caused by Socialk Media. First subliminal messages and then signals generated to increase viewing of the site involved. Well worth a watch.

Antisocial IMDB gives it 4.3/10 but I'd say 6/10. A user review says:

I really don't get a reason to see such a low rating becoz this movie is definite worth a watch if you are into zombie or outbreak stuff.the idea was great and the treatment was different for a change.the story grips you in the middle but bit luck-warm at the beginning and bit at the end.the acting just was there but misses the spark a bit.music is good and camera work is OK too.I think a good 15 min can be cut off from it's entire length but overall it's a different and very innovative movie,yes it's not an excellent or mind blowing one but it will not disappoint you either.

If you have some free time in your hand and want to enjoy a decent and new idea film then it's for you but as I said don't expect an Oscar winning story just be with it and you may end up liking it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2772092/

Sounds a lot like Pontypool, where the zombie virus is spread by words and talking.

Alcohol is the only drug I know of(and I was a copper for about 30 years)that can actually kill you with withdrawal.

Never the less, the blockheads that make up most of society think drugs are the problem, and that by keeping people from getting them is the solution.

WRONG!!!

It takes a while to get addicted to almost any drug(crack may be the exception) and there are many opportunities along the way to make a turnaround.

My solution? Let the pathetic boobs have what they want. They will self-select for euthanasia without guilt for the rest of us. Sounds, and is, harsh, but people must take some responsibility for themselves.

We don't need them for workers or even soldiers any more-they were pitiful wrecks anyhow, mostly unfit for any purpose and getting expensive to control.

Addicts are perverse bastids-sometimes telling one they are hopeless can trigger a recovery, just for spite.

I'm tired of the shambling ruins who beg and wheedle. Many of them think a handout is their divine right. They cannot be trusted, they will not be productive or even orderly.

Let them go.

And may God forgive me.

krakenten said:
Alcohol is the only drug I know of(and I was a copper for about 30 years)that can actually kill you with withdrawal.

Never the less, the blockheads that make up most of society think drugs are the problem, and that by keeping people from getting them is the solution.

WRONG!!!

It takes a while to get addicted to almost any drug(crack may be the exception) and there are many opportunities along the way to make a turnaround.

My solution? Let the pathetic boobs have what they want. They will self-select for euthanasia without guilt for the rest of us. Sounds, and is, harsh, but people must take some responsibility for themselves.

We don't need them for workers or even soldiers any more-they were pitiful wrecks anyhow, mostly unfit for any purpose and getting expensive to control.

Addicts are perverse bastids-sometimes telling one they are hopeless can trigger a recovery, just for spite.

I'm tired of the shambling ruins who beg and wheedle. Many of them think a handout is their divine right. They cannot be trusted, they will not be productive or even orderly.

Let them go.

And may God forgive me.

Well, you've got my vote...

Ibiza revellers warned of dangers of ‘cannibal’ drug MDPV

Tourists on Ibiza have been warned about the effects of the drug MDPV, which is believed to be behind a number of violent attacks on the party island.

Matilde Fernández, a nurse at a San Antonio Health Centre told Diario de Ibiza of revellers needing to be restrained in their hospital beds and trying to bite police officers while apparently ‘high’ on Methylenedioxypyrovalerone, also known as MDPV or ‘bath salts’.

Bath salts have been attributed by the media to acts of ‘cannibal zombieism’ such as Rudy Eugene’s assault on the homeless Ronald Poppo in Miami in May 2012 where he beat Poppo unconscious and then proceeded to bite off most of his face, but the relationship remains unclear. In Eugene’s case, the medical examiner only found traces of marijuana in his system despite police speculation that ‘bath slats’ were involved.

However, cathinones such as MDPV as well as other drugs that alter dopamine processing are known to cause “excited delirium” in some users, which is characterized by agitation, aggression, acute distress and sudden death, according to a study in the Western Journal of Emergency Medicine. ...

http://descrier.co.uk/news/world/ibiza- ... drug-mdpv/

Vid at link.

Car fleeing ‘Zombie Walk’ hits pedestrian

A driver struck and injured a woman while fleeing from angry members of the annual ‘Zombie Walk’ held during Comic-Con, police said.

The driver and his family, who are all deaf, had waited for several minutes at a junction in central San Diego, as a large crowd taking part in the walk, including some in zombie make-up, went by, San Diego police officer David Stafford said.

However, when small children in the car became frightened of the crowd, the 48-year-old driver rolled slowly forward to get through, he said.

Some crowd members became angry, surrounded the car, pounded on it, climbed on it and smashed the windscreen.

The driver then sped up to flee and hit a 64-year-old woman, who fell under the car.

“Her arm was badly scraped. It’s going to need surgery,” he said.

Some witnesses chased the car for several blocks until the driver spotted a police officer and stopped.

The driver was not arrested but the investigation continued, Mr Stafford said.

A witness, Sean Foley, said that in his opinion the driver was at fault.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/car- ... 76999.html

staticgirl said:
It sounds like panic overcame the driver...

Maybe, but his deafness is given as some kind of an excuse. The vast majority of deaf people are not touched and wouldn't drive into a crowd of people. He was obviously striking people with his car but kept going.

Maybe the dickheads dressed as zombies should have thought about that before they started terrifying children trapped in a car?

I bloody hate this whole zombie walk thing. Bunch of fucking idiots if you ask me. The Brighton one had it's licence revoked (IIRC) after it turned into an excuse to scare old ladies and children in the street on a Saturday afternoon.

Don't get the attraction in the slightest. Most town centres are full of zombies most weekends anyway.

CarlosTheDJ said:
Maybe the dickheads dressed as zombies should have thought about that before they started terrifying children trapped in a car?

I bloody hate this whole zombie walk thing. Bunch of fucking idiots if you ask me. The Brighton one had it's licence revoked (IIRC) after it turned into an excuse to scare old ladies and children in the street on a Saturday afternoon.

Don't get the attraction in the slightest. Most town centres are full of zombies most weekends anyway.

This is an annual event which is part of Comic Con. The police had no problem with it.

In any case are you defending the fact that this obviously mentally unfit man drove into a crowd? Because his kids are scared he has the right to run over people? He has a right to run someone over and not stop?

People have a right to stop a car when its running people over. Those who did try to stop the car deserve an award, they put themselves at risk.

This guy should not be driving a car. I hope the guy ends up in prison is banned from driving for life and has is sued for his last penny.

Oh, think about the children!

I suppose Halloween parades are banned as wel?

ramonmercado said:
CarlosTheDJ said:

This is an annual event which is part of Comic Con. The police had no problem with it.

In any case are you defending the fact that this obviously mentally unfit man drove into a crowd? Because his kids are scared he has the right to run over people? He has a right to run someone over and not stop?

People have a right to stop a car when its running people over. Those who did try to stop the car deserve an award, they put themselves at risk.

This guy should not be driving a car. I hope the guy ends up in prison is banned from driving for life and has is sued for his last penny.

Maybe read the story you quoted again.....the main points....

The 'zombies' held up the traffic for ages.

The guy's kids got scared so he rolled forward slowly, hoping the twats would pause for a minute so he could get by. He didn't 'drive into a crowd'.

They surrounded his car. Hitting the windows and shouting. In terrifying-to-children fancy dress.

Then they climbed on the car and smashed the windscreen.

He panicked and accelerated.

Someone got hit and scraped their arm.

He drove on until he found police officers to help out. He didn't 'run someone over and then stop'. He drove on until he thought it was safe to do so.

Nobody tried to stop the car afterwards, some witnesses chased it.

No indication he was 'mentally unfit'.

Yes, I agree...it doesn't sound like it's entirely the fault of the driver.
The crowd got a bit carried away with the zombie thing and what they did was the provocation. Idiots!

CarlosTheDJ said:
ramonmercado said:
CarlosTheDJ said:

Maybe read the story you quoted again.....the main points....

Maybe you should.

The 'zombies' held up the traffic for ages.

Thats what happens with parades demos. Especially with legal ones.

The guy's kids got scared so he rolled forward slowly, hoping the twats would pause for a minute so he could get by. He didn't 'drive into a crowd'.

It is illegal in any civilised country to roll or drive into a crowd of people. As a police employee you should be aware of that.

If two adults cannot control two children then they should not be left out.

They surrounded his car. Hitting the windows and shouting. In terrifying-to-children fancy dress.

I would have done the same if a car had rolled into a crowd I was part of. Again if two adults cannot control two children without rolling/.driving into a crowd it brings into question their fitness rto raise kids in the first place,

Then they climbed on the car and smashed the windscreen.

He panicked and accelerated.

He committed a serious criminal offence

Someone got hit and scraped their arm.

He ran over them, they were lucky to escape with a scraped arm.

He drove on until he found police officers to help out. He didn't 'run someone over and then stop'. He drove on until he thought it was safe to do so.

He left the scene of an accident. That is a crime in the UK as well.

Nobody tried to stop the car afterwards, some witnesses chased it.

A moment ago you were objecting to people trying to stop the car.

No indication he was 'mentally unfit'.

He wasn't able to control scared kids

He rolled/drove into a crowd.

He knocked someone down.

He left the scene of an accident.

Mad or not hes not fit to be left in control of a car.

You're a police employee, are you not aware that its a criminal offence to even roll a car at people hitting them?

That a minor such blow constitutes assault?

That running someone over is a crime?

That leaving the scene of an accident is a crime?

Mythopoeika said:
The crowd got a bit carried away with the zombie thing and what they did was the provocation. Idiots!

There was no provocation.

They only stuck the car in self defence after he rolled/drove into them.

The only idiot was the driver.

Well...neither of us was there. Were we? :)

My perception is this - as the car was rolling along slowly, the people could have stepped out of the way.

Mythopoeika said:
Well...neither of us was there. Were we? :)

My perception is this - as the car was rolling along slowly, the people could have stepped out of the way.

Slow or not a car is not supposed to move into people. I would have reacted in the same way that those people did.

A car once rolled into me, startled I banged on the bonnet. The car kept going and my foot was trapped under a wheel and I was dragged by the car. My life was saved due to a crowd surrounding the car and banging on the windows. Eventually my foot came free and the car sped off. Leaving me injured at the side of the road

It happened at the exit to a bank car park. A senie old fool who had collected £20,000 in cash rather than using a security company presumed he was being robbed and had the right to run over people.

He came close to going to prison despite being 79 as he continued to plead not guilty when it came to court. The judge made it clear to his solicitor that unless his client changed his plea he "would have to follow a certain course" (send the clown to prison). After a short break he pleaded guilty, was fined and banned from driving for 2 years. With the insurance implications it put him off the road for trhe rest of his life.

If those people hadn't surrounded the car at the Zombie March then the moron driver might have killed someone.

Ouch, Ramon! That sounds nasty.
Hope you are OK now.

Mythopoeika said:
Ouch, Ramon! That sounds nasty.
Hope you are OK now.

I am!

But I did reply rather sharply to you and the DJ. It still can have an effect on me when I'm reminded about it.

Funnily enough, I can think of that time when a detonator on a bomb went off (the main charge didn't within 10 metres of me without any problems.

Try reading it again. It said he moved slowly forward and then they attacked. It did not say that he moved slowly forward INTO PEOPLE before they attacked.

tonyblair11 said:
Try reading it again. It said he moved slowly forward and then they attacked. It did not say that he moved slowly forward INTO PEOPLE before they attacked.

My reading of it is that he rolled into the crowd.

Why would they defend themselves if he hadn't pushed through them?

These are ordinary people, no different from those who dress up for Halloween Parades.

Perhaps if you carried out a close textual reading of the piece you might notice this:

A witness, Sean Foley, said that in his opinion the driver was at fault.

Mythopoeika said:

More than that, I'd say that he actions were wholly appropriate and justified.

Mythopoeika said:

Not merely provocation but an actual assault, actually physically threatening and dangerous. The driver's reaction was, to my mind, the least necessary defensive action.

markrkingston1 said:
Mythopoeika said:

More than that, I'd say that he actions were wholly appropriate and justified.

Mythopoeika said:

Not merely provocation but an actual assault, actually physically threatening and dangerous. The driver's reaction was, to my mind, the least necessary defensive action.

The driver rolled/drove into a crowd. Thats illegal and very dangerous. The crowd were defending themselves against an apparently crazed individual who then ran over a woman and left the scene of an accident. Thats at least three criminal offences.

The crowd were participating in Comic Con Parade. Only some of them were dressed as zombies. If two adults cannot control two children in a car then their parenting skills are in question.

If I get frightened/outraged by the crowds with torches burning effigies of the Pope in Lewes, is it ok if I roll/drive into them?

ramonmercado said:
The driver rolled/drove into a crowd. Thats illegal and very dangerous.

Maybe, maybe not. If he had good reason then this is mitigation for acting in an otherwise illegal and dangerous manner. According to the account of events it sounds to me like he had clear and unambiguous justification to act as he did: He was having his windscreen smashed by a rampaging crowd of violent nutcases!

ramonmercado said:
The crowd were defending themselves against an apparently crazed individual who then ran over a woman and left the scene of an accident.

No. That is NOT how it happened according the article.

Here is the course of events, in order, according to the article:

1) The driver had waited for the crowd to pass. (Source: "The driver and his family, who are all deaf, had waited for several minutes at a junction in central San Diego, as a large crowd taking part in the walk, including some in zombie make-up, went by, San Diego police officer David Stafford said.")

2) The children in the car began to get upset. (Source: "However, when small children in the car became frightened of the crowd, the 48-year-old driver rolled slowly forward to get through, he [the police officer] said.")

Note that "roll[ing] slowly forward to get through" is not necessarily either dangerous or illegal. It seems quite reasonable to me, given the circumstances.

3) At this point some of the crowd became violent. (Source: "Some crowd members became angry, surrounded the car, pounded on it, climbed on it and smashed the windscreen.").

Why did they get angry and violent at this stage? Smashing the windscreen of the car is surely way, way out of proportion to a vehicle trying to get through slowly. Note once more, the police officer said the "driver rolled slowly forward to get through". If the police officer's version of events is true then I cannot see how it could justify any form of violent response from the crowd.

4) Having had his windscreen smashed, the driver made his escape. Who can blame him!? At that stage, were I in this position, I would be in fear of my life ('zombies' or not) and would use reasonable force to escape. When one is in fear of one's life one can quite legally and properly use lethal force if it seems reasonable in the UK and, I presume, the same applies in the USA. (Source: "The driver then sped up to flee and hit a 64-year-old woman, who fell under the car.")

Now, I caution and I fully accept that I am going only by the article for all this and we know that the media is hardly infallible in its reporting. However, according to the article, it seems clear to me that the driver was justified in what he felt he had to do.

I also watched the first embedded video but it doesn't add anything to the article text. The second embedded video has been deleted, unfortunately.

ramonmercado said:
Thats at least three criminal offences.

Who, the violent crowd or the motorist?

ramonmercado said:
The crowd were participating in Comic Con Parade.

Yes they were but this is neither here nor there: It does not justify the level of violence that was used against the car according to the article.

ramonmercado said:
Only some of them were dressed as zombies.

It doesn't really matter if it was one, none, or all of them. The events were as they were.

ramonmercado said:
If two adults cannot control two children in a car then their parenting skills are in question.

a) What makes you think they had any difficulty controlling the children?
b) What has that got to do with the train of events anyway? Children being frightened is not the same as lacking control.

ramonmercado said:
If I get frightened/outraged by the crowds with torches burning effigies of the Pope in Lewes, is it ok if I roll/drive into them?

If they assault you or your vehicle and put you or your children's physical wellbeing in serious danger, and you consider it necessary to drive through them to escape, then yes, it is both legally and morally ok. That's self defence.

You seem to have added a lot to the article. If you read it again you will see a witness saying the driver was at fault.

It ias never legal to roll or drive your car into people. The fact that his kids were scared is no justification. If two adults cannot control two children then they shouldn't be let out in the first place. If he could control them then why did he roll/drive his car into the crowd?

When I was in a similar situation (see above) a crowd came and attacked the car that was endangering my life. The driver was fined, banned from driving and got a suspended sentence. He would have gone to prison if it wasn't for his age and eventual guilty plea.

The driver committed a crime by rolling/driving into the crowd. He did so deliberately without a valid excuse.

His second crime was to run someone over.

His third crime was to leave the scene of an accident.

The crowd were within their rights to defend themselves. They would also have been entitled to use reasonable force to subdue the driver if they got their hands on him.

The senile old fool who ran me over discovered that panic is not an excuse under law for rolling into someone, running them over and leaving the scene of an accident.

The people who attacked his car to save my life gave evidence against the driver. He was the one who was charged and convicted.

Hopefully the moron who thought he had the right to drive into a crowd because his kids were scared will end up sharing a cell with Bubba and be banned from driving for life. He will also face compensation claims.

Back