• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Isn't that the plot of the classic short film La Jetée? (Adapted into 12 Monkeys).

Lots of sf books and films, and of course Dr Who episodes, have explored all the possibilities. I don't think this one is particularly relevant to the ATS case. Most real time slip stories (I won't bother to say"alleged") are totally lacking in dramatic significance, although they may be disturbing to the witness. Usually the past scene experienced is mundane.

Thanks Carl, I didn't realise that this phenomena had been reported in Roughham. Its left me wishing to visit that village myself so I too can explore its mystery. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your report, very thought provoking. I also found Jimmys story fascinating too and support his theory about the vanishing houses.

I highly recommend your work Carl and I hope there is more to come.
thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for that link-very interesting. Though i will admit to being overly tired last night so i think another reading is in order. Its a good theory which bears some more thought i think, the potential for an understanding of a lot of (on the face of it) different phenomena is worth more research. I like the way it ties in a lot of disparate threads-dowsing, geomancy, spectral, place memory etc. I was also reminded of the crop circle phenomena research, (Busty Taylor (?) etc).
George- maybe we could make a day trip out of it? You organise the charabanc, i'll bring the egg and cress sandwiches and ginger beer.
Now off to Google i think to polish up on my rudimentary physics.

George- maybe we could make a day trip out of it? You organise the charabanc, i'll bring the egg and cress sandwiches and ginger beer.

That would be awfully nice old bean...but if you wander off and vanish dont expect me to come looking for you.

Ha not entirely sure i'd want you to- i could think of a lot of bonus points to being whisked back in time. (As long as i dont end up as tomato soup that is).

Imagine being whisked back to 1982 and finding yourself outside Woolworths. All those un-opened action figures up for grabs. You would of course need a gold watch or ring for this time-blag to work but you could wear them prior to your trip. Then once you've arrived find a pawn shop and weigh in the gold, use the money to buy a trolley load of soon-to-be vintage toys and then play the waiting game before you find yourself back in 2015. Probably in the middle of an empty smokey road with the previously mentioned trolley.

A trip to Roughham is becoming more and more appealing :)

Well if you're talking about coming back again, think of all the investment opportunities...

Good point but you dont know how long your going to remain there...so it could be risky.

It depends where you are located, but all things being equal, you are more likely to get into a time slip in Liverpool! Over 100 cases are said to have been reported, although not all have been published.

Thanks for the kind comments. I too think Jimmy's theory is plausible, and it could be tested in the laboratory, by employing (as Reddish did) a pair of lathes carrying heavy discs, and varying their relative positions, speed of rotation etc. It would be hard to pull off, and solid double blind designs would be needed (because the results would be known before the test subjects were brought in!).

Thanks for posting the Rougham Mystery. A really fascinating read - loved the timeslip accounts and the possible links with torsion energy and German war-time experiments were mind-boggling.

Just been perusing the area on the Internet and see that there's a Roman road, some tumuli, other ancient earthworks and also an impressive circular turf maze just to the north of Colville's Grove.

Rougham's around 120 miles from me, but I feel I must visit it sometime soon.

Last edited:
The first part of that linked article sounds like a classic time-slip story, the second part rather less so.

The latter writer, who found himself in a field, seems to have convinced himself that it was a time-slip because the building he was in "used to be a field". Well, so did lots of other places! I'm not qualified to comment, really, but other explanations would be just as plausible, I think.

The first story, though, of the angry cart-driver in Kings Lynn, I liked very much.

Last edited:
I'm just working my way through the Rougham Mystery. Quite fascinating! I don't think I've been to Rougham, although I have spent several periods of time in Suffolk. Years ago I had a friend with a cottage in Bures (I think), but looking at a map now it all looks so different from how I remember it that I almost wonder if I've had a time slip myself!

The mention of the Versailles case reminds me that I once knew an old gentlemen who I later learned was distantly related to the Miss Moberley in that case. This old boy used to come sailing with me, mostly out of Ipswich, also in Suffolk...

Thanks for posting the Rougham Mystery. A really fascinating read - loved the timeslip accounts and the possible links with torsion energy and German war-time experiments were mind-boggling.

Just been perusing the area on the Internet and see that there's a Roman road, some tumuli, other ancient earthworks and also an impressive circular turf maze just to the north of Colville's Grove.

Rougham's around 120 miles from me, but I feel I must visit it sometime soon.

Thanks for the kind comments. It rather amazed me how all the different threads of the investigation led in a consistent direction. All I had to do was present them in a coherent way.

There are a lot of Roman remains around Rougham. While I was doing my investigation they discovered the grave of a prominent Roman citizen. The maze is of more recent origin -- it was set up by the farmer's wife, who was a keen New Age follower, and Phil told me she would walk around it as some kind of meditation exercise. Obviously with the connection with earth energies in mind, circular movements could play a role of some kind. There are a couple of odd cases where circular movements were associated with time and dimensional slips.

Nothing very dramatic has happened in Rougham for a few years, or if it has the witness hasn't reported it yet. Chris Jensen Romer did tell me of an incident at Rougham Farm back in the 30s-50s(?) where the farmyard was illuminated one night by a brilliant light, rather as in some UFO and Airship cases, but I haven't found a source for this so far.

Carl great piece of work that, beautifully written, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it thanks so much for sharing.

Thanks for the very kind remarks -- it's always nice to get positive feedback!

image.jpeg
My reply to your responses

Thank you for your feedback.

As for Lutzman’s remarks, at the time of the event I did consider the possibility of them finishing and winding up for the day, (it was during the morning). But as I said, when I returned to the station a few minutes later to have a peep I was surprised by how quickly they had disappeared from the station. In fact, I even made a point of spending a little time looking for them. I searched the streets for a van or some kind of vehicle, which would obviously have the film company or fashion photographer’s name on it, but there was no sign of such a vehicle. I even looked around to see if either of the two ladies might be walking around to stretch their legs, and also for workers who might have removed the board, but again there was nothing. Not even a station porter to oversee the clearing up process. I then followed the only road that led into and out of the road where the station was, and then into town for signs of a film company vehicle that might have been caught in the traffic. Again it drew a blank. In fact, if there were such a vehicle, surely I would have noticed it on the way back to the station.

As for the two cameramen, I honestly can’t say for certain how they were dressed. All I consciously remember is two men in what appeared to be jacket and trousers standing by a tripod and camera that stood almost as tall as they were. However, having said that, when I think back to the scene my subconscious mind seems to kick in with an image of two Edwardian men wearing plus-fours standing by a tripod with a large box camera with a concertina lens.

As for the idea of stepping back and being photographed at the turn of the century by the two men, this did actually cross my mind too. I was saying only recently to my two now grown-up children, wouldn’t be fantastic if I could find some old photos of Windsor Station where it shows an image of a young man in clothes that didn’t fit in with the time period. I had long hair in the seventies, which would certainly be out of place at the turn of the century.

If such a photo did exist, then it would be a tremendous breakthrough giving evidence that timeslips are real, and that those in the past can see us in our time as well as us seeing them in their time.

Thanks for your comments, Lutzman.

With regards to Ms Indigo’s remarks of a waxworks at the station set in the time of Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee. There was no such set-up while I was working in Windsor during the early seventies. I made visits to the station quite frequently and never saw any sign of a waxworks display. So I don’t think it even comes into the equation.

There was one other point of interest that I didn’t mention in the story. When I left the station building and entered into the street, I remember being hit by a feeling of returning to the modern ‘hustle & bustle’ and ‘noise’ of modern-day life. The contrast was quite striking. There is only answer, which is, there’s a high probability that it was timeslip.

Before signing of, I would again, for the third time, like to repeat my request to hear from those who have experienced a timeslip. It’s so important that we get these events catalogued for research purposes and for future reference. Your report will be taken seriously, not be ridiculed, and your name will not be published in order to protect your privacy.

Ron.

Can anyone spot a long hair lover from Windsor? It looks like the right period.

When I glanced at that photo, I thought 'Windsor Station' before I read the text at the bottom.
I used to use Windsor Station a lot back in the 70s and 80s.

For me, this thread seems to have triggered an interesting coincidence.

This thread was reawoken late evening of Tue 22 Mar 2016 by MorningAngel.

Blessmycottonsocks commented the following morning, and in the next post Carl Grove posted the link to his final report on the Rougham vanishing house mystery:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bci69we0ji3avi/THE ROUGHAM MYSTERY.pdf?dl=0

(So this was Wed 23 Mar 2016.)
I started reading Carl's report then, and still have not completed it. But I did notice this in his report. In discussing a variety of theories and 'energies' he wrote:

So Reddish -- who had done no reading at all on dowsing before commencing his
studies -- had dramatically confirmed Underwood's findings. Firstly, he confirmed that
what the dowser was detecting was the result of something (in this case, a straight edge)
affecting the earth's natural energy. Secondly, he confirmed that earth energy comes in a
wave like form. Thirdly, he could now explain, in principle anyway, the multiple parallel
lines detected by Underwood. Presumably the extremely complicated patterns result from
interference along a deep fault line, which would create many straight edges, two for each of
the geological strata.

If Reddish expected thanks from the dowsing community for having found solid
evidence for their art, he was to be disappointed.The response was muted, to say the least.
Some were shocked by his discussion of possibly automating the detection process. Others
failed to notice that he had found evidence that the turning of the rods was not due to un-
conscious movements, but might reflect a real physical attraction between them.

When I tried searching the internet for Reddish and dowsing, I found something very
surprising. An article by science writer John Gribbin revealed that after the publication of
his book, Reddish was approached by the Ministry of Defence and requested to continue his
research. He was told about certain Russian research that appeared to link dowsing -- or
biolocation, as it was known in the USSR -- with certain highly controversial theories about
the nature of torsion fields.

These fields have been accepted in the physics community ever
since Einstein co-authored an important paper about them in the 1920s, but work on them
actually began with N. P. Myshkin at the end of the 19th Century, and Tesla ca. 1900. And
research has continued in Russia from the 1940s to the present day. There is also evidence,
that we will shortly examine, that German researchinto these fields was taking place ear the end of WWII.
Only one UK energy dowser has incorporated torsion field theory into his work.

According to Gribbin, apparently based upon information directly from Reddish, the
MoD were interested in using torsion waves for submarine communications.

Torsion fields are formed whenever objects rotate,and the larger the objects and the
faster the rotation, the more powerful the field.

Many antigravitational devices are based upon spinning discs; it has been known for some time that gyroscopes lose a slight amount of weight when rotating (Professor Laithwaite famously demonstrated this at a Royal Institution lecture by picking up a heavy gyroscope that he could not normally lift, and also got a small boy from the audience to do the same with a smaller device. The Royal Institution were not amused, and refused to publish his lecture, although it is still available online.)

At last I reach the coincidence I mentioned earlier! Anyone else spotted it yet?
Last Wednesday BBC1 showed a new Horizon:

Project Greenglow - The Quest for Gravity Control

This is the story of an extraordinary scientific adventure - the attempt to control gravity. For centuries, the precise workings of gravity have confounded the greatest scientific minds - from Newton to Faraday and Einstein - and the idea of controlling gravity has been seen as little more than a fanciful dream. Yet in the mid 1990s, UK defence manufacturer BAE Systems began a ground-breaking project code-named Greenglow, which set about turning science fiction into reality. On the other side of the Atlantic, Nasa was simultaneously running its own Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project. It was concerned with potential space applications of new physics, including concepts like 'faster-than-light travel' and 'warp drives'.

Looking into the past and projecting into the future, Horizon explores science's long-standing obsession with the idea of gravity control. It looks at recent breakthroughs in the search for loopholes in conventional physics and examines how the groundwork carried out by Project Greenglow has helped change our understanding of the universe. Gravity control may sound like science fiction, but the research that began with Project Greenglow is very much ongoing, and the dream of flying cars and journeys to the stars no longer seems quite so distant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...oject-greenglow-the-quest-for-gravity-control

The coincidence is that this showed footage of the Royal Institution gyroscope demonstration! Now I have heard of this before, but much of the subject matter covered by this Horizon tended to be verging on 'fringe' science, so much of it has been largely ignored since. So it was quite a bold topic to cover, and the coincidence is that it was broadcast on the same day this thread woke up again, bringing Carl Grove's thoughts to my attention!

Make of this what you will. For me, I need to look into the physics of torsion fields...

Last edited:
Thanks, rynner2, for the long quote and for the coincidence (which I had missed) with the Horizon programme. Actually if you check out Nick Cook's book you will see that there is a lot of interest in field propulsion ("antigravity") out there e.g. in NASA, which is logical, I suppose. The possible link between spinning objects and weight reduction seems to have been around for some time.

Obviously it is the possible connection with time slips/time travel that I find particularly interesting. Have you noticed that the Rod Taylor version of The Time Machine featured a device that looked a bit like a gyroscope with a large spinning disc behind the pilot? This was unrelated to the description in the Wells book.

Also, my Rougham research seemed to depend on a lot of unlikely coincidences -- my possession of Reddish's small privately published book, which must be extremely rare, is a key example. It led directly to the Gribben article and the Russian work. And systematically searching for time slip cases online has brought hundreds of highly significant cases to light, many of which hint at all manner of connections. It's a real can of worms, if that's the right phrase.

Back in 2006 World Cup, my group and I had come back from Germany for a wedding. The wedding was lovely. The next night we went out to some club in London, I think it was China White. We were sitting at a table next too, Chantelle, The Ordinary Boys, Donny Tourrets, Peaches Geldoff and John Barrowman. Who had just been doing separate stuff at the BBC and had decided to go for a drink together. We got chatting to them. Soon we became one big group. The laughter soon turned to minor violence when Preston, I think that's his name, from Ordinary Boys saved his girl Chantelle from some lech of a guy, with a right hook. Donny then got the rest of us out of there. We legged it down the road and waited at a kebab shop for them. The fight spilled out into the road, as the bouncers pushed the brawling mass out side and left them to it. We then ran off again and ended up outside another kebab shop. We all ordered some food and walked down the road. I litteraly blinked, as is humanly normal, I then realised I was in a different road, but one I recognised. It was the road leading down from the train station in Brighton. I still had my kebab in my hand. I have no clue how we got to Brighton, neither did any one else. We went to my Uncle's Guana Bar which luckily was open late with a party. So we partied beyond dawn!

I have no clue how we got to Brighton, neither did any one else.
That's one hell of a story! So about how many of you suffered this 'teleportation'? Did anyone have any theories? Was there anything in the news about the fight in the nightclub? That's going to irritate the heck out of me all day now!

Back