• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Six Degrees Of Separation'

My gran and her sister went out with almost anyone male and famous that came into their area when they were younger

Names, please! The more embarrassing the better.

A female vet from Vets in Practice walked around a cat show i was at and probably saw my cat.

Hahahahahahahahaha, brilliant, possibly the funniest 'link' yet!

I once saw Ulrika Johnson and Hunter at Alton Towers. (She was on Gladiators at the time).

My mom knows Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards mom.

My dad's best man was once in a Jive Bunny video.

Dane Bowers brother used to work for the same cable company I used to work for.

ok got some more now and i understand the joke, but i can't actually remember where my dad grew up whether it was penge or bromley.

My brother has spent a lot of time with Richard Stilgoe helping at the Orpheus centre which Richard built to help handicapped children get into the performing arts. (i think thats the cause)

My brother has also met Cameron Macintosh

met a runner who's nickname is Bambi but can't for the life of me remember his real name.

ok i can't remember any more..

Edit: i found more

My brother met Herby Flowers (who?) apparently and got asked to jam with him.

biggest one. I met Boy George!!!!!!!!!!!! well did a question and answer session with him.

My dance teacher was friends with Elizabeth Hurley, good friends, apparent liz had brightly streaked hair and my dance teacher had to put black mascara on liz's hair for a dance audition.

My other brother saw Orlando Bloom's ass when orlando was still at stage school in london.

i've been in the paper a few times and i know myself.

another edit: Shayler!!! thanks sprout you reminded me.
my dad's workmate used to be Shayler's flatmate and my parents met him once and his wife.

1st Briton in space Helen Sharman did the voice over for a video I made at college. Very nice lady.

I've interviewed Andy Rourke from The Smiths and Mark Thomas, and once drunkenly talked to Des Barnes for Coronation St in a nightclub. I also walked past Michael Portillo in London a couple of months ago, which was fun. I also used to know one of the girls who was on that Model Behaviour TV show.

Ooh, my illustrious life, eh?

liveinabin said:
I was through the window on Playschool in the early '80's

Nuff Said

I actually met Brian Cant and that bloke that used to play piano on Playaway once .... :cool:

Oh, and I've a cousin who went to Uni with Harry Enfield ...

Dwight Schultz [The A Team/Star Trek Next Gen] nearly broke my leg once ...

I used to ride at the stables owned by a fella who used to own a horse called Kilbaha [won the Hickstead showjumping Derby 2 or 3 times]

I went to the Royal Highland Show [in Scotland] in the 80's and nearly got run over by the Queen's motorcade [sp]...

My Dad saw Jack Charlton at an airport a few years ago [when he was Ireland's soccer Manager - Jack Charlton that is, not my Dad ]

One of my brothers was sitting behind Sean Connery at a Celtic match ...

I was sitting behind a kid on a bus who was telling everyone he was related to one of the guys in BoyZone [but he couldn't remember which one]

My ex best friend's daughter won a BoyZone Competition on TV a few years back ...

My American cousin has an actor friend who's been in DS9 and Frasier ...

I know a guy who was in Godzilla [he got stomped on!]

Lobelia, your signiture has just reminded me:

My claim to fame is that my ex housemates' Dad was the pink bass playing alien in Star Wars. You know, the scene in the bar... I had a poster with Yoda sayings on it and my housemate bought it for her Dad because she liked it so much, so we have the same poster! I also had his answering machine for ages until it finally died.

A co-worker is currently slogging through a series
of commercials that feature a 79 year-old Hollywood
star who still "lives the Hollywood life".

They hired a recording studio in New York to
accomodate this woman.
She was booked for a recording session at 10am.
The limo was at her apartment at 8:30am.
She arrived at 1pm.

But first she wanted a sandwich for lunch -- total cost $120.
(We have no idea what KIND of sandwich it was!)

She kept asking for ashtrays of water for the small
dog she brought with her.

Granted, she knew her lines and just flew through the
recording session -- she was out the door by 4pm.

At 1am the next morning the producer got a call
from the limo company: the car was only booked
until 11:30pm, but was still not back.

She probably cost that "poor" producer more in
one day than I spend in 2 months.

I guess thats the "price of fame!" We are all still
laughing about this -- you always read about this
sort of thing, but you never imagine it actually happens!
Well... it does!

TVgeek

Vis-a-vis Red Dalek and "Doctor Who", I have met both Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy, a mate of mine once stood next to Peter Davison at a urinal, and my nan used to deliver groceries to William Hartnell!

Good job I'm a fan, isn' it?!

daftbugger said:
Lobelia, your signiture has just reminded me:

My claim to fame is that my ex housemates' Dad was the pink bass playing alien in Star Wars. You know, the scene in the bar... I had a poster with Yoda sayings on it and my housemate bought it for her Dad because she liked it so much, so we have the same poster! I also had his answering machine for ages until it finally died.

My God! At long last, someone has recognised my signature! May the Force be with you. Where'd you get the Yoda poster?

Me an' that John Leslie, we're like that, we are.

I'm on a course with a woman who worked as a nurse in London with a flatmate of John Leslie's then girlfriend, also a nurse......

a friend of mine from uni had a flatmate who was on the same course as Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's girlfriend, so, from that, i suppose i could get at the entire Manchester United team...

i went out on the rag once, at uni, and she was out with us. She's pretty cool, but he came and picked her up at about 9...didn't come into the bar but we saw him in the car, though...

I've just remembered I once shared a dentist's waiting room with Page 3 stunna Tara Bardot. She was a bit of a renaissance woman apparently, as she was also editor of Titbits and secured a mighty 0.1% of the vote in the Christchurch by-election in 1993, representing the Daily Sport. She nosed ahead of the "Ian for King" candidate but was way behind Lord Sutch.

the_discordian said:
Vis-a-vis Red Dalek and "Doctor Who", I have met both Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy, a mate of mine once stood next to Peter Davison at a urinal, and my nan used to deliver groceries to William Hartnell!

Good job I'm a fan, isn' it?!

John Pertwee once told me to 'Fuck off'. I was twelve - a big fan of Dr Who - and had dared to ask him for his autograph.

The big bully !

My cousin's ex-husband designed Nerys Hughes' curtain fabric.

My BF had a prevous GF who was pally with Tim Curry (well, more of a stalker!) whose bezzy is Richard O'Brien, who took over from Tenpole Tudor on the Crystal Maze, and my niece Zoe knows Tenpole so the BF & I were within 6 degrees before we ever met!

Did I mention that my son's friend served Thom Yorke in Oxford Virgin?

My BF's ex boss played darts with Phil Taylor, 11 times world champion!

The BF mixed the sound for a band whose female singer's bezzy was Julian Clary.

BF was also responsible for covering Ronnie James Dio's limo in fire extinguisher foam in retaliation for not getting his autograph!

Have I mentioned the BF's ex's Ma in a lift with a wigless Gary Glitter?

My soldier son had his photo taken with Prince Charles last year- well, him and 60 other squaddies!

The BF's mate ran into Prince Philip in a bog once- HRH was pissed and being held up by a smart-looking security type.

i once carried a pair of Roy Wood's studio monitors to his Range Rover

one of my cousins relatives knew Jimmy Lea from Slade.

My sister owns a pair of Rick Mayalls y-fronts from the Bottom show.

My childhood Wolves hero John Richards once looked after a pushbike for me at a cash and carry warehouse.

i own a charcoal drawing of olly the octopus which my nan had rolf harris do for me when he was doing a show here years ago(unfortunately he didn't sign it)

my friends brother in law did building work for Robert Plant.

i worked with a chap whose relative played Harry Crawford in Boon.

i met Recall from London's Burning doing a skydive in Nottingham.

My daughter was the Featured Psychic on 'Kilroy' last week!

LobeliaOverhill said:
My God! At long last, someone has recognised my signature! May the Force be with you. Where'd you get the Yoda poster?

Sorry, been a while since I've read this thread!

That poster was sold everywhere at time, HMV etc. When mine got ripped, I couldn't find a replacement:sad: Try E-bay

My neighbour was taught by an ex-employee of NASA, who was responsible for the design of the Space Shuttle tiles. Step forward Professor Griffiths.

Classic FOAF tale:

One of my college chums' friends knows someone (I know, I know) who claims to have slept with both Chuckle Brothers whilst working at a holiday camp in East Anglia where they were performing.

Why on earth anyone would admit to this, or even do it in the first place, severely strecthes credibility.

I now have amusing connections with Rick Astley.
Hubcap's studio engineer was at a music biz party :cool: (funny how me and Hub never get invited to those), talking to a bloke he didn't know, when the bloke said "Do you remember Rick Astley?", "Yes, he was a right cnut!" replied the engineer, the other man's face fell and he said "I was going to say, I'm his manager". Exit a very embarrassed engineer to the gents, where he gets chatting to another man he's never met before (I know, chatting? In the gents? :confused: ). He tells the man the amusing story of his recent faux pas, including the whole "right cnut" quote. and the man replies, "Actually I am Rick Astley".
:D

OMG!

I've mentioned before I have an Iraqi colleague in the astronomical community...

I met him tonight, and discovered he has actually met Saddam Hussain!

(He thinks Saddam's a right cnut, or worse, but isn't very impressed by GWB either... I'd better say no more before I drop him right in it. :eek!!!!: )

Respect to Rynner, close friend of Saddam!

Edit- BOTH Chuckle Brothers?
Is that more or less embarrassing than drunkenly snogging R*y W**d?

1. I was a 1st year Psychology student at Durham Uni when Will Carling was a 3rd year.
2. My mum has met Princess Anne three times.
3. Peter Beardsley (ex Newcastle footballer) asked me out when I was 15, whilst sitting in the back of my friend's dad's car.
4. THE BIGGEST EVENT of my life, which won't mean anything to anyone else. Last year I attended a workshop with Prof Richard Gregory (Cognitive Psychologist famous for his theory of perception) and he called me "a lovely young lady".
5. And the best friend of a friend of a colleague of mine, is going out with Hughie from the Fun Loving Canibals, and my colleague met him and got a hug. AND am I jealous or what ?
6. Bob Mortimer (shooting stars) used to go to the same nightclub I did in Middlesbrough and we regularly saw him at the indie night. In addition I once had a discussion with him about broken ATM machines whilst trying to operate such an object at Barclays bank in Middlesbrough.

Keith Chegwin, once asked me for money, when i regonised whilst on a night out in Blackpool(sometime between 91-93).He looked a right state! I declined his kind offer to relieve me of some cash, and bought him a pint instead, where upon he saunterd off to "bum" off someone else!!

Met Prince Charles, and Malcolm Riffkin(d), whilst in the Gulf!!!

Back