• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I thought it was. But like I say it was ages ago, and my memory is not what it was, neither is my memory what it was.
Anyway, this actress who I believed remained nameless anyway had a thing for erm, relieving herself on the heads of her lovers.
Enter Niven, who aware of this, took the precaution of first donning a shower cap.
Maybe it was a chat show appearance, or some other source.
Sorry for the wild goose chase, and for the future other posters should be aware those who know me wouldn't hang a cat on my say so.
They wouldn't even bring the cat in to check its alibi.
Not that I intend to deceive, just decrepit and confused.

I'd never heard that story before! Reminds me of the one that goes round about certain actors/politicians/singers now and then, where they have a glass table to lie under while party guests defaecate on it.

I'd never heard that story before! Reminds me of the one that goes round about certain actors/politicians/singers now and then, where they have a glass table to lie under while party guests defaecate on it.

I know it must be me but I really cant think why anyone would want to take any part in that.
:truce:

Well y'know whatever floats your boat.
Though I'm yet to hear of any erotic practices involving floating boats.

Not my bag by a long shot either but different strokes for different folks, no-one gets harmed, adults only etc.

Theres a whole number of tables in the sexy funtimes buffet that perplex me, but then I guess that's the point, a fetish is an abstract that may have no relation to the mechanics of sexy funtimes but get your motor running none the less.

I heard that members of a certain West Midlands rock band used to do that for cash back in the days before they hit the big time. They wouldn't reveal the name of their client though. That would be crazee.

Wasn't there a rumour a certain actress, family entertainer and wholesome celebrity, had a liking for leaving a poo on the pillow next to those she had been to bed with? I won't name her in case she's litigious (she's still alive, and still acting).

I have heard of an actress involving young men, a baking bowl and her taking a dump but obviously will not even hint at the name I heard. it sounds like a FOAF tale.

I first heard that years ago about Johnny Morris

I first heard it about him. I was a little disappointed to discover it was a migratory rock-star legend.

I heard it in 1984.

Shitty legends about famous folk date from way back. I have heard several about black stars which can probably be dismissed a racist twaddle.

Some are variants on Proust's upwardly-mobile tramp who shits in taxis because she feels she received the same treatment coming up. :willy:

An Independent article which wouldn't name names claimed a wholesome female pop singer was known as Chas Baps because of her penchant for letting young men snort cocaine off her dairy farms.
A bit unfair sometimes, Lurid sex revelations!! Um, do you mean somebody has a partner?
Still, guilty pleasure and all that, I will confess to wearing women's tights but that was only to keep warm winter fishing.
Honest.

I will confess to wearing women's tights but that was only to keep warm winter fishing.
Honest.

As long as you put them back on the women's washing lines afterwards! ;)

I once gave my brother in law some Army surplus long johns as a joke birthday present. As it was February and he was about to start fixing his roof he was WELL pleased. Dammit.

I never thought I would see these in the wild. Xylaria Longipes, not "dead man's fingers" but very close:
mush22-03.jpg mush22-01.jpg

I can see now why I got turned down for the job of nature programme presenter.
I would be wandering round going "WTF is that?!!" all the time.
Anyway, I don't like the look of 'em and I would be at it with the Round Up.

I heard that members of a certain West Midlands rock band used to do that for cash back in the days before they hit the big time. They wouldn't reveal the name of their client though. That would be crazee.

Noddy Holder told that story on Wogan (or maybe Harty) in the eighties. I remember watching it as a kid with my whole family, and us all having hysterics.

Something of a minor strange nature to me.

Yesterday my wife and I attended the funeral of a neighbour.

After the funeral I said to my wife 'I didn't know (X) was a hard-line atheist' .

'What makes you think she was ?'

'Well, didn't you notice, no prayers or hymns. Not even The Lords Prayer'.

She had noticed but didn't think anything of it.

A second observation was that the couple who had lived opposite her house and had spent a lot of time helping her, did not go.

However, It seems they were a very religious couple, and possible couldn't face a service with without the paraphernalia.

The Girl who lived next door to the deceased did go, and she is Muslim.

A strange experience.

INT21

Something of a minor strange nature to me.

Yesterday my wife and I attended the funeral of a niehbour.

After the funeral I said to my wife 'I didn't know (X) was a hard-line atheist' .

'What makes you think she was ?'

'Well, didn't you notice, no prayers or hymns. Not even The Lords Prayer'.

She had noticed but didn't think anything of it.

A second observation was that the couple who had lived opposite her house and had spent a lot of time helping her, did not go.

However, It seems they were a very religious couple, and possible couldn't face a service with without the paraphernalia.

The Girl who lived next door to the deceased did go, and she is Muslim.

A strange experience.

Just thinking aloud ... I wonder if perhaps your neighbour didn't communicate her wishes concerning her funeral arrangements to her next-of-kin. Or perhaps the next-of-kin chose to ignore them. Sadly, people don't always respect the final wishes of those who've entrusted arrangements to them.

Lovely place. That was our first ever visit but it's on the way to where my son is at uni so will definitely be back.

Do try the Bowes Museum, if you haven't already.
Also some very interesting gravestones behind the church at the Market Cross - one such depicts a scythe bearing figure of Death, which supposedly if you see it move...
Well, you can probably imagine what that's meant to signify.

Yes, very similar but a lot cheaper..

Death's Scythe
na.gif

Location: Barnard Castle (Durham) - St Mary the Virgin's church
Type: Crisis Manifestation
Date / Time: Prior to the death in the family
Further Comments: The stone statue of Death stands above the grave of George, son of Humphrey Hopper. To see Death's scythe wave is an indication that the witness or a close family member will soon die.

From somewhere on this page.

GingerTabby,

That is a possibility.

But her next of kin was her husband who is aged 83 and very frail. I suspect it was other people who arranged her funeral. Non religious services are quite unusual so I think it must have been a specific request.

INT21

Tonight I thought I'd watch some 'Foyle's War' episodes on ITV hub. I could only find four episodes available
https://www.itv.com/hub/foyles-war/574811

I'd seen them before, but they were good stories, so I thought I'd watch them again. But maybe halfway through the first episode, the thing seemed to freeze, and I got a message saying something like "We believe you are trying to skip adverts, yadda yadda..!"

But this was not so - most of the ad breaks were very short, generally just one ad long, and I'd already passed several breaks without touching the keyboard, so there was no need to skip ads. Eventually I realised I couldn't play the first episode at all, so I tried the second one.

And the same thing happened there...

???

Rynner:

My guess is that firewall / security settings on your computer are delaying or prohibiting additional (ad?) downloads, and this is eventually detected by the server / service as proactive ad evasion.

This evening the heavens seriously opened. Ths heaviest rain I've seen for years.

I was just beside a large office block, on the pavement/sidewalk and managed to dive under a promising first-floor projecting part of the building.

The street was very quiet, almost devoid both of cars and fools (like me), and, as I looked at the semi-dampened paving-stones/slabs, I realised that I had an immediate choice to make.

There was a single square paving-stone that looked entirely-dry. Not a drop of rain was on it. Oddly, it was one row closer to the storm, and further from the lee of the wall.

I leapt onto it in a sudden decisive show of pointless activity, and was amazed to immediately notice that the point I'd just occupied felt weirdly-dry. I could place the flat of my hand in any direction, and it was wetter/windier/colder.

Nothing like the contrast between stepping in/out of a shower, but fully as much as front-door open:closed on a not-warm night.

I stayed in my weird square of unrained-upon non-coldness, then walked away into the final scenes of the storm.

A perfect spot, like Sheldon's Seat? A 2ft square warm downdraft? Or something odder?

Last edited:
This evening the heavens seriously opened. Ths heaviest rain I've seen for years.

I was just beside a large office block, on the pavement/sidewalk and managed to dive under a promising first-floor projecting part of the building.

The street was very quiet, almost devoid both of cars and fools (like me), and, as I looked at the semi-dampened paving-stones/slabs, I realised that I had an immediate choice to make.

There was a single square paving-stone that looked entirely-dry. Not a drop of rain was on it. Oddly, it was one row closer to the storm, and further from the lee of the wall.

I leapt onto it in a sudden decisive show of pointless activity, and was amazed to immediately notice that the point I'd just occupied felt weirdly-dry. I could place the flat of my hand in any direction, and it was wetter/windier/colder.

Nothing like the contrast between stepping in/out of a shower, but fully as much as front-door open:closed on a not-warm night.

I stayed in my weird square of unrained-upon non-coldness, then walked away into the final scenes of the storm.

A perfect spot, like Sheldon's Seat? A 2ft square warm downdraft? Or something odder?
Congratulations! You just found an inter-dimensional portal. If you go back that way again, please could you take a photo and post it here? Also, a Google street view location would be useful - thanks.

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/892107385543806976
Ummmm outside the White House a man is wheeling a skeleton right now:

i guess the closet was full
The Mooch bone is connected to the, Priebus bone; the Priebus bone is connected to the, Spicey bone!
Obviously not a Communications Director. They don’t stick around long enough to decay like that.
Scaramucci prop - was showing coworkers "what bonez iza gonna be breakin' on youz if you donna shuddap"
Its Bannon. He sucked WAY too hard.
Welp, we knew they were running the federal gov't on a skeleton staff.
Etc.

Up until a few moments ago, I had a small electronic device on a lanyard-type thing around my neck, under my T-shirt. The actual connection between lanyard and device takes the form of a thin loop of thread held in a plastic connector, which can be detached from its counterpart on the wider lanyard. The loop is passed through an indentation on the device itself, and then the connector is passed through the loop and the thread pulled tight, so that it grips the bar over the indentation, and thus the device as a whole. This sort of arrangement:
84868-2.jpg

I tried to brush a piece of tissue off my chest, and dislodged the device. I find it minorly strange that the loop has actually become detached from the device, but is still intact. So too is the bridge piece over the indentation. How on earth has that happened?

ETA mystery solved:
Krepostnaya has patiently explained that the thread was actually attached to the sleeve around the device, not the device itself. There is indeed a suspicious looking rip in the sleeve. How very mundane. Also, I don't know my own strength - that tissue paper clearly never stood a chance. </Stu Francis>

Last edited:
Back