• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Surely Guinness flavoured Marmite would be the ultimate British flavoured spread?.

Yep, that could work: it's all yeast. Any food technologists out there - Swifty has thrown down the gauntlet. I'll be happy to try it as part of the market research.

Yep, that could work: it's all yeast. Any food technologists out there - Swifty has thrown down the gauntlet. I'll be happy to try it as part of the market research.

Marmite is a concentrate of Brewers' yeast and started out as a by-product of brewing. Guinness flavoured Marmite wold in effect infusing the beer back into the yeast extract - at a guess it'd taste like.......Marmite, but be a bit runnier.

Marmite is a concentrate of Brewers' yeast and started out as a by-product of brewing. Guinness flavoured Marmite wold in effect infusing the beer back into the yeast extract - at a guess it'd taste like.......Marmite, but be a bit runnier.
That'd be exactly like Tesco's yeast spread.

Really? I had no idea. That's astonishing, thanks...I will now love Marmite in a new lite.

That'd be exactly like Tesco's yeast spread.

I've wondered about trying that Tesco stuff, but would rather vote for Marmite with my wallet. For all I know it's made by Virgin Media now, but I don't fancy a world dominated by alrightish analogues of genius-tier products.

They also made a special champagne Marmite recently. The Guinness version is alcohol-free. I've tried various own-brand yeast extracts but not found any worth buying again.

upload_2017-9-7_15-37-6.jpeg

Mmm, fizzy Marmite?

My mind is made up then: I definitely shan't be dabbling in the underworld of low-cost knock-offs. I don't even like Vegemite much.

Mmm, fizzy Marmite?

My mind is made up then: I definitely shan't be dabbling in the underworld of low-cost knock-offs. I don't even like Vegemite much.

Yes, Vegemite is a pale knock-off of the genuine article, without the bite. Marmite stings yer gums.

Does anybody do what I do and pre-mix their butter and Marmite? Saves at least 30 seconds of your precious time of a morning.
That is just weird...but I might try that.

I've tried various own-brand yeast extracts but not found any worth buying again.
Sainsbury's. It only comes in a small jar, which is the downside.

Ha ha, exactly!!

"You won't believe this amazing secret: Forteans in your town are making £800 per day mixing butter with Marmite from home!!"

Wonder what they're using as a cream substitute?
No, don't go there.

Nothing wrong with soya or almond milk.

No indeed. I used to buy both in preference to cow udder milk but eventually bowed to the peccadilloes of others. Oddly, soy milk works fine in tea but curdles into horrible little lumps in coffee. I keep meaning to find out why. Something to do with acidity?

It's a girls drink isn't it? They'd look at you askance if you asked for one in the bikers club. What do you do with the stuff - drink it neat? I don't imagine it mixes well with much apart from other spirits..

Back