• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
There was a program on Blaze last night not watched it yet titled "Bigfoot Captured"
it may be on again or catch up.
Likely more entertainment than fact.

Last edited:
Yeah. Given the interests of our membership on here, if there has been a genuine capture we'd know about it. Most of these documentaries that purport to "reveal the truth" are just recycling stuff we've already heard a dozen times before.

Edit - which doesn't mean said documentaries can't be interesting or thought-provoking in and of themselves. Some of them are really well put together. It's just in terms of solid fact they rarely add to what's already out there.

Reactions: RaM
Bigfoot are reported here in Wisconsin, but mostly in dense forested areas.
Most Bigfoot programs like Mountain Monsters and that one from Alaska are entertainment only.
Mountain Monsters is like an animated version of Weekly World News.
Until a serious group go out to do what it takes to capture one the creature will remain a myth to science.

Not to be picky or anything, but shouldn't this be posted in a "Bigfoot / Sasquatch in Europe" thread? Do we have one already?

Apparently not. I can't any trace of a sasquatch / bigfoot thread specific to Europe. There are individual threads each focusing on specific hominid-type cryptids (or sightings) in the European region.

Probably not too relevant but I just watched Rob Lowe's new show where he and his kids look into paranormal things...
the most recent episode was on Bigfoot......this is on A&E online. He claims he saw one during the filming of his tv show but it was later in the series.

Skunk ape photo, analysis of story and pictures.

Very interesting m'lud, he raises some interesting points without conjecture and though aware of the Skunk Ape legend I've never looked into it. I noted he mentioned the photos being developed several weeks after the sighting, seems pretty laid back behaviour if you don't want to directly contact the police but are worried about a gargantuan hominid. But then the old lady element and as he says its weirdly subtle in its 'badness'.

Or is it weird? Hoaxers usually want some pay off, either financial or just entertainment and are inclined to be dramatic for those reasons. But that doesn't mean a particular person(s) wouldn't go the route of downplaying it to avoid traditional signs of a hoax.

I think I'll be looking into this more even though I highly doubt its reality, at the least its a far better put together hoax ('suit' included) than normal.

It looks more orang-utan like rather than gorilla like. most rentable ape costumes are based on gorillas.

Local Man Says He Found Bigfoot
By: Kelly Grosfield
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 08:08 PM EDT

Updated: Sep 14, 2017 08:08 PM EDT

BAY COUNTY, Fla. - Thought to be a legend or a myth at least one local man says Bigfoot has been said to be spotted in the Panhandle. Southport resident, Dustin Teudhope, says he first encountered the creature back in 2009.

One day in 2009 turned a skeptic into a believer. Dustin Teudhope says was forever changed while hunting in the Apalachicola National Forest when he says he encountered a creature like no other.

"It kind of made me a little unnerved and I tried to tell my friends about it and they just thought it was make believe and that I was seeing things. I really know what I saw so I just went on looking more for it and I just kept finding more and more," said Dustin Teudhope, Bigfoot Witness.

Teudhope says the animal looked like a cross between a gorilla and a bear... it was Bigfoot. "They're pretty scary. They've got a muzzle and ears that will stand up or lay down, and on two feet it resembles a werewolf," said Teudhope.

Since that first sighting, he is determined to prove what he saw to be true. He and his friends set up cameras throughout the forest, cameras said to have caught the sights, heaving breathing and growls of the creature. He even says that signs seen here in the panhandle, match the signs of other sightings across the nation.

Along with video footage of what he believes to be Bigfoot, he has also found hand crafted weapons made from sticks and large footprints that they made a cast of for record. Teudhope says Bigfoot is real, and for those going into the woods, be prepared.

"It's serious, it's not a joking matter, it's not something that people are just making up. They're really out there," said Teudhope.

Teudhope has also written a book that captures his first hand encounter and his journey tracking Bigfoot. He says he plans to write another book soon on his most recent findings.

http://www.mypanhandle.com/news/local-man-says-he-found-bigfoot/811261583

(There is also video at the link to view)

Video doesn't show much.

The video isn't very convincing, but I do want Bigfoot to live in the Florida panhandle. It just has that Sasquatchy sort of vibe.

This has been bugging me for a while now. In several of his books, John Keel mentions a photo taken by a colleague of his, Jaye Paro, of a bizarre ape man type thing (or, to take a cynical view, deranged mountain tramp) in the woods on Mount Misery, Virginia. ...

So, does anyone know where I can see this? The description given is of a wild haired figure lunging out into shot. I do know that it was printed in Fate magazine, years and years ago...

I can't locate any subsequent discussion / explanation on FTMB, so I'll address this longstanding loose end ...

There is no 'Mount Misery' in West Virginia. The place called Mount Misery (in this case) is a wooded area on Long Island (New York).

Jaye P. Paro is cited in The Mothman Prophesies. This is probably the reason for a WV attribution.

The publication was Beyond rather than Fate.

Here's the John Keel website 2010 note on the case:

Ms. Paro also appears in Strange Creatures, in Chapter 10. John describes some of the folklore and creature sightings on Mount Misery, in Long Island; and mentions that she and a couple of her friends saw “something that resembled a human, disfigured face, long wild black hair, and dressed in a long black garment.” John adds that they took a picture of this creepy character. A Googling tells me that some people out there are curious about this photo, so I’ll post it here. It’s none too impressive; it looks, as John says, like “a dark blob.” But here it is; you can see for yourself.

It was published in the July 1969 issue of Beyond. The same magazine published a (clearer) photo of Ms. Paro; I’ve posted that above, so you can put a face to the name.

... And here's the photo (tweaked for size, resolution, and contrast to make the figure more visible).

Paro-Misery-X-1.jpg

SOURCE: http://www.johnkeel.com/?p=246

Is it wearing opera gloves? Seriously, the "man in a gorilla suit" trend doesn't seem limited to the PG clip, and you wouldn't put it past Keel to "help along" his story.

Oh, and great find, EG - any official analysis or has it been dismissed as crankery?

Is it wearing opera gloves? Seriously, the "man in a gorilla suit" trend doesn't seem limited to the PG clip, and you wouldn't put it past Keel to "help along" his story.

Oh, and great find, EG - any official analysis or has it been dismissed as crankery?

I was looking for a better thread to re-locate an irrelevant post to the P&G Film thread, and noticed this one had begun over a decade ago with a query that didn't seem to have been answered. I took a quick shot at the subject using Google and found the Keel webpage.

Once I snagged the awfully indistinct photo and tweaked it to get a look at the figure I lost interest in the matter in terms of being a credible sighting. However ...

The bigger mystery concerns the 'Jaye Paro' who submitted it to Keel. This was a pseudonym used by a WBAB (NY radio station) person from whom Keel would eventually get multiple such Fortean reports. She's mentioned in The Mothman Prophecies. Some of Keel's comments on other webpages (at the same site) suggest she kept feeding him reports, at least some of which even Keel didn't seem to consider all that substantive.

Keel identified her as actually being a 'Joanne Perranno'. She apparently had a history of involvement in Fortean matters as a reporter and / or participant (she seems to have channeled someone / something along the way). I can't verify her existence, etc., under the alleged real name, nor can I find any trace of her beyond what Keel's site mentions.

Hmm... another dead end from Keel. But photographic evidence is not always forthcoming, even if it is someone in fancy dress. However, this does make it sound more intriguing than if it had been an easily attributable hoax, whether it looks like a lost Monty Python sketch or otherwise.

Someone mentioned this podcast on another thread and I listened to the show on the new book The Quantum Bigfoot which featured an interview with the book's author Ron Morehead. I actually really enjoyed the show and found it quite refreshing from the usual fare, especially as the author has similar views on the whole phenomena as myself, i.e. the Keel/Holiday perspective on inter-dimensional beings. Here's another interesting episode, I'm also very interested in the Native American mythos and folklore of the Sasquatch and Night People/Seatco, https://sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep387-native-american-culture/

I also wasn't familiar with Morehead's Sierra Sounds, for anyone who hasn't heard them they're very strange...

I haven't seen Morehead's book mentioned on the forums, sorry if it has been somewhere, here's the link to his site, http://ronmorehead.com/the-quantum-bigfoot/

Just read this interesting article on Kewaunee Lapseritis, author of The Psychic Sasquatch and Their UFO Connection (1998) and The Sasquatch People and Their Interdimensional Connection (2010). I listened to a podcast interview with him the other day and he comes across as being a very genuine and sincere guy, I agree with a lot of his inter-dimensional/ultra-terrestrial ideas but I could see why his work might seem a bit far out for some readers.

There's a photo featured at the end of the article captioned ''an Ancient One'' which I've not seen before, apparently taken by Kewaunee in Colorado, 1992.

Reaching out for Sasquatch
Brandon Hansen January 17, 2018

The Lapseritises’ Psychic Sasquatch Spritiual Retreat and Conference draws hundreds as they look to connect with Sasquatch…
There’s no shortage of rugged, wooded areas in Stevens County which stretches for 2,541 square miles.

And with a population of just 44,439, the county might be prime habitat for Sasquatch. While definitive proof of the simian-like creature has yet to sway the mainstream scientific community, it certainly has a grasp on the Pacific Northwest.

http://chewelahindependent.com/reaching-out-for-sasquatch/

Back