• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Deaths

Suicide by Black Mamba bite.

Man filmed himself dying after ‘letting black mamba bite him’ when relationship ended

A man live-streamed his own suicide after being bitten by a black mamba snake in an attempt to kill himself after his marriage broke down. Russia snake handler Arslan Valeev asked viewers to contact his ex-wife Ekaterina ‘Katya’ Pyatyzhkina after showing them what looked like a bite wound on his hand.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/26/man-f...mba-bite-him-when-relationship-ended-6956235/

Woman dies after being attacked by dog, but not from injuries inflicted by the dog - a passer-by with a permit to carry a firearm attempted to shoot the dog, but hit the woman instead.
CBS said:
Police responded and searched for the dog, but it wasn't immediately found.

Detroit police Captain Darin Szilagy says the man lived in the area. Szilagy says he was trying to be a "good Samaritan" and had a license to carry a concealed weapon. Szilagy says it's a tragic story, but notes "we're responsible for every round we fire."
To be honest, there's a strong argument for putting this in the US gun violence thread...

Pity on a good looking young woman ... I am tempted to mock this, but it would have been better if all went well and we never heard of this:

A topless tourist has been killed in a horror accident while she was hanging out of a car window. Natalia Borodin, wearing only a pair tiny white bikini bottoms, was filmed playing around on holiday as her female friend drove and filmed the action on a mobile phone . But the video ended with the Russian woman's muffled screams as she is believed to have hit a lamppost or a passing car. Mirror Online has decided to edit the final seconds of the film.

www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/topless-tourist-killed-shes-filmed-11330778

The video is on youtube. I couldn't resist seeing it (bad idea). Mercifully it does not show anything gruesome. She just disappears suddenly.

Liveleak has a number of similar videos, often featuring vodka-laden maidens taking selfies at the wheel. Screeching of machine and voice ensues, sometimes followed by blackness or ominous dripping sounds, as witnesses begin to assess the remains.

Whether women are more likely than males to be making these farewell videos is open to question. Perhaps theirs are the ones which attract more attention. I have seen a few male variants but this may be a league where the women set the pace. :horr:

Milton Helpern, the one-time Chief Medical EXaminer of New York City, told of one Joseph Patrick O'Malley, whose body was found by the tracks of what you folks would call the Underground. His right thumb and forefinger were badly burned as was the tip of his **ahem** organ of generation. The late Mr O'Malley had a very high blood alcohol level as well, and as I recall the story, he had been heard by witnesses to say 'piss on it' and he let fly. Unfortunately for Mr O'Malley, his stream hit the third rail and because salt water is a very good conductor the current (reported to be induced by some 600 volts) was sufficient to kill him.

I suppose the moral of the story is not to relieve yourself on the third rail.

Last edited:
Russian man dies after posing for photo with hand grenade
Alexander 'Sasha' Chechik was killed instantly, say police
Harry Cockburn
Tuesday 28 November 2017 20:49 GMT

A Russian man has died after he pulled the pin out of a hand grenade and posted photographs of himself holding it.

Alexander 'Sasha' Chechik was killed instantly in the incident in the city of Labinsk in south west Russia, police said.

According to local news outlet Kuban.kp.ru, the man had sent a text to a friend, including a picture of the grenade in his hand with the pin pulled from the device lying nearby.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ander-sasha-chechik-labinsk-pin-a8080771.html

Techy knows this church and the area where Ms Mertens was found very well. He took me to see it last time there was an appeal.
We don't know anything but local rumour has it that somebody does but isn't talking.
There's been another appeal as it's the anniversary again.

Police renew appeal for information about murder of woman who was set on fire

Mum of two Tracey Mertens was doused in petrol and set alight in a churchyard near Congleton

Police have renewed their appeal for information about the murder of a mother who was doused in petrol and set alight in a churchyard 23 years ago.

Tracey Mertens, 31, sustained horrific burns to her body following the attack in Eaton Churchyard near Congleton on December 23 1994.

She died shortly afterwards.

As the young mum’s family prepares to spend another Christmas without her, Cheshire Police are urging anyone who may have information in relation to her death to come forward.

Detective Inspector Kate Tomlinson said: “This week marks the 23rd anniversary of Tracey’s death - I joined the force in October 1994 and remember this happening whilst in my training and thinking how appalling it was. To now be the lead officer in this case after all these years provides me with a new determination to get justice for Tracey and her family.”
etc

There was an incident like that in Dublin; after 25 years a guy turned himself in.

A British bloke turned himself in a few years ago after a similar time-lapse, having killed his friend and dumped the body down a drain. No burning was involved in that one though.

All those years of guilt. Must ruin people's lives.Surely it's better to take your punishment and get it over with.

A British bloke turned himself in a few years ago after a similar time-lapse, having killed his friend and dumped the body down a drain. No burning was involved in that one though.

All those years of guilt. Must ruin people's lives.Surely it's better to take your punishment and get it over with.

Or not kill people in the first place.

I don't know - from the limited information in the article you linked, it sounds like a clearly planned and premeditated murder, not to mention the fact that immolating someone requires a fairly high level of psychopathy. I can't imagine the perpetrator has many sleepless nights over it.
Considering that the £30k reward would easily have financed a disappearing act, I wouldn't hold out much hope of anyone else providing the evidence now, either.

A few years ago the mem and I spent a pleasant break at a boutique B&B in Brighton. All was lovely. However, on our first morning stroll I saw this:

DSC_0752.jpg

We travel all over the UK for short holidays, and I've never seen this anywhere else.

Is it - I dare to wonder - an indication of the kind of "alternative society" types that flock to Brighton (and Hove, actually!)?

maximus otter

Is it - I dare to wonder - an indication of the kind of "alternative society" types that flock to Brighton (and Hove, actually!)?

maximus otter
More to do with not being sued if someone comes to any harm, I'd have thought.

More to do with not being sued if someone comes to any harm, I'd have thought.

Point taken, but we've recently travelled to places including, but not limited to, Penzance, York, Winchester, Lincoln and Saffron Walden and I don't recall ever seeing such a sign elsewhere; and my taking of that photo is a measure of how remarkable and memorable I found it.

maximus otter

I would imagine drink and other substances coupled with mechanically
emptied big bins and you have a recipe for a disappearance. it's a shame
as they are only looking for shelter and somewhere to sleep it off wile the
violent drunks get arrested but get to live.

I don't know - from the limited information in the article you linked, it sounds like a clearly planned and premeditated murder, not to mention the fact that immolating someone requires a fairly high level of psychopathy. I can't imagine the perpetrator has many sleepless nights over it.
Considering that the £30k reward would easily have financed a disappearing act, I wouldn't hold out much hope of anyone else providing the evidence now, either.

I was talking about the British guy who'd killed his friend (in a fight) and the Irishman whom Ramon mentioned, both of whom had personally come forward after many years. The fact that they'd eventually admitted their crimes showed that they felt remorse.

The Eaton church murder seems to have been a gang/drug related crime so one assumes nobody's going to feel safe admitting to it, or even grassing up anyone else, no matter ho guilty they feel, until certain parties are either dead or safely behind bars.

I've just asked Techy (who lived near there at the time) and he says the talk was along the lines of oh yeah, we know who did that, they're from Birmingham!
There was also a feeling of an occult connection which explained the choice of venue for the murder, which was a little off the route you'd expect them to take between Brum and Rochdale.

Ah OK - I see what you mean. Supposing that the actual killers were probably just doing a job for someone else, the likelihood of either party being traced after all this time seems pretty remote. Horrible for the family.

Last edited:
FBI Releases Docs Claiming RT Founder Beat Himself To Death In His Hotel Room

Originally, authorities announced that Lesin died from a heart attack. However, the results of his autopsy released months later indicated a far more sinister cause of death and the heavily redacted FBI documents that were just released add to that story.

In spite of the original cause of death noted as a heart attack, a few months later, the District of Colombia’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) and Metropolitan Police Department said that “blunt force injuries of the neck, torso, upper extremities and lower extremities” contributed to Lesin’s death. “The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) has released the cause and manner of death for Mikhail Lesin… Cause of Death: blunt force injuries of the head,” the statement said.

Now, FBI investigators have released the results of their investigation claiming that the blunt force trauma all over his body was self-inflicted.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...-rt-founder-beat-himself-death-his-hotel-room

Self inflicted? Hmmm. A bit suspect.

Like that poor sod found dead in a zipped up hold hall
that was supposed to have been self inflicted climbed in zipped it up
n died even though a contortionist tried on 2 or 3 locations and
could not repeat the feat.

Back