• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Noises In My Lane: Audible Strangeness In Ammanford

No, not at all ... No text has been overwritten with 1s and 0s. The only place in the visible error (file not found) webpage that contains any 1s and 0s is the following graphic image:

This does not represent earlier text that's been overwritten. It is a stock / standard JPEG image that the newspaper site uses as a header or logo indicating an error condition.

It's simply a graphic decoration akin to the CFI logo at the top of this forum webpage. That's it; that's all.

This entire webpage is comprised of text and graphics configured as a stock error display. It contains absolutely nothing from the webpage it's telling you it can't serve up on screen.

Thanks, I did wonder if it was simply a stock image. Why do you think there would be so many extra lines of code, after all, simply replacing an image takes no more than a single line of code

Best regards

Alan

The error (file not found) webpage HTML source listing is a text file containing 22,500 lines. I've opened it in an editor and inspected it.

Almost all these lines are blank. They contain spaces and line breaks, indicative of a massive blank page template.

They do not contain any text content from the file the error page is telling you cannot be located or served up on-screen.

The entirety of the textual error message (and its formatting) takes up only a single line out of the 22,500 total.

The only content in the error message source file is the cursory error message and formatting codes specifying the error page's display characteristics.

That's it; that's all.
I agree, I inspected the code too and most of the lines are blank as you say.

Although there is code on more than 1 line, I still think it is unusual.

If it is a standard page (and I am not saying that it isn't) I would expect to see a page designed for that purpose or a
general error page.

Best regards

Alan

Thanks, I did wonder if it was simply a stock image. Why do you think there would be so many extra lines of code, after all, simply replacing an image takes no more than a single line of code

It's probably a stock template or form used for editing the site's webpages, padded with huge amounts of empty space to give the user an easy location to insert as much text as he / she needs to include while minimizing the risk of that person's overwriting something else.

The error page does not represent any sort of replacement action taken on the article that was once available at that URL (Web address).

It's an entirely separate stock error file that's served to the caller in response to a call for a webpage that's no longer available or no longer exists on the server. There's only one such file, and it's called up for transmission whenever the server detects an incoming call for a webpage that's not available for serving.

It's probably a stock template or form used for editing the site's webpages, padded with huge amounts of empty space to give the user an easy location to insert as much text as he / she needs to include while minimizing the risk of that person's overwriting something else.

The error page does not represent any sort of replacement action taken on the article that was once available at that URL (Web address).

It's an entirely separate stock error file that's served to the caller in response to a call for a webpage that's no longer available or no longer exists on the server. There's only one such file, and it's called up for transmission whenever the server detects an incoming call for a webpage that's not available for serving.
I understand what you are saying.

But don't you find the huge amounts of space odd?

If I was coding HTML, I create the space as its need it, sure you might have extra space and comments, you might even
leave 4 or 5 blank lines to make the HTML more readable.

But the sheer number of blank lines is, to me, unusual (that is my only point)

Best regards

Alan

Yes, it's strange, but it's an old school tactic for generating forms or templates that casual users aren't likely to screw up.

It's like the physical realm of atoms and molecules - at least 99% empty space, but still sufficiently 'solid' for the purpose at hand.

Hi

I did not say that I had a clip of a main in pain screaming for a long time.

I said that one of the short clips in the compilation I posted seemed to be of
a man in pain, there have been many comments on that clip on my social media.

I have attached that clip for you.

I have covered the point regarding the screaming coming from a play ground,
and the TV previously, kindly read my previous posts

Best regards

Alan

Thanks for posting.

If you believe these noise recordings to be evidence of criminality then contact the national press and contact

https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/

https://www.fbi.gov/

Last edited:
Yes, it's strange, but it's an old school tactic for generating forms or templates that casual users aren't likely to screw up.

It's like the physical realm of atoms and molecules - at least 99% empty space, but still sufficiently 'solid' for the purpose at hand.

I would like to try to demonstrate my point a bit more clearly if you have a couple of minutes to spare.

If you have a look at my site https://altaricapublishing.co.uk and view the source, it has around 175 lines of code including my comments and white space. If I wanted to add a picture at maximum it would take another line.

If a page on my website was unavailable I would use a custom 404 error page.

If a new article is not available, common practise used to be a message on that page followed by a page redirect that either gives the reasons that the article is not available, or a redirect to the main news page.

What do you think?

My first thought was that this is the Air Loom Gang de nos jours.

A large majority of cannabis farms in the UK are run by Vietnamese; mainly - IIRC - of Chinese descent.

maximus otter

I had a look at the "Air loom gang" it made for an interesting read.

At the time the noises were recorded, the lease hold owner of the shop in front of my house was convicted for her part in 15 illicit drug factories in Wales.

About 12 miles away from my house is a town called Llanelli, her partner, also the lease hold owner of a Vietnamese nail bar, known a Heaven nails, was convicted in the same case.

I tried researching the others involved in this case but could find little about them

Here is a link to the case
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49852678

Best regards

Alan

I would like to try to demonstrate my point a bit more clearly if you have a couple of minutes to spare.

If you have a look at my site https://altaricapublishing.co.uk and view the source, it has around 175 lines of code including my comments and white space. If I wanted to add a picture at maximum it would take another line.

If a new article is not available, common practise used to be a message on that page followed by a page redirect that either gives the reasons that the article is not available, or a redirect to the main news page.

What do you think?
Heavens no. In a perfect world "error " messages would be perfectly elegantly manicured. In reality they're in the trash heap of programming. No one wants to pay to make them nice. They get re used forever with necessary modifications overlayed until you get this kind of fourth rate page. The argument that the page formatting has significance has zero traction. More interesting is whether the removal is inconsistent with the owner's policy on how long types of stories are up, or whether an intern decides what's interesting to keep .

Heavens no. In a perfect world "error " messages would be perfectly elegantly manicured. In reality they're in the trash heap of programming. No one wants to pay to make them nice. They get re used forever with necessary modifications overlayed until you get this kind of fourth rate page. The argument that the page formatting has significance has zero traction. More interesting is whether the removal is inconsistent with the owner's policy on how long types of stories are up, or whether an intern decides what's interesting to keep .
Normally a redirection page is made once, it is a simple page that states the page is no longer available.
No modifications are needed on the page, it simply states that the page is no longer available.
After that, it is a simple matter of cut and paste.
Many articles were published about this matter, some by the same new group, a lot of them are still visible.
Do you think the owners policy would seem to be inconsistently applied?

Best regards

Alan

I would like to try to demonstrate my point a bit more clearly if you have a couple of minutes to spare. ...
If a new article is not available, common practise used to be a message on that page followed by a page redirect that either gives the reasons that the article is not available, or a redirect to the main news page. ...

There's no universal set of best practices for maintaining online information services via the Web. There are any number of reasons (e.g., technical / data management requirements / Web server protocols) why one or another site might manage the availability and / or accessibility of its content in idiosyncratic ways.

In the case of online news aggregator / access sites like the two news outlets you cited an increasing amount of old content is being withdrawn behind paywalls or simply flushed. Such online sites traffic in transient content, and they're not obligated to maintain content for any certain length of time.

Both the articles you noted as suspiciously missing were accessed by the Wayback Machine at their original URLs as of May 2021 - circa 2 years after initial online publication.

The only thing the 2019 articles' current inaccessibility can be reasonably construed to demonstrate is that these two similar online news aggregators observe a content preservation period of approximately 2 years' duration.

Here are two URL's from the same news group.

Both from around the same era.

Both relate to the same matter, largely they are a rewrite of the articles I mention previously.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/house-abandoned-wales-ammanford-screams-17385279

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/haunted-house-plagued-mystery-screams-17281580

While I understand what you are saying, and agree that it could be along the lines of what you say, the fact that the two articles are from the same news group and have not been achieved, together with the fact that new "holder" page (or what ever you want to call it), has 25,000 lines of HTML code where the original article's had around 250 lines of code, seems odd to me

Best regards

Alan

There's no universal set of best practices for maintaining online information services via the Web. There are any number of reasons (e.g., technical / data management requirements / Web server protocols) why one or another site might manage the availability and / or accessibility of its content in idiosyncratic ways.

In the case of online news aggregator / access sites like the two news outlets you cited an increasing amount of old content is being withdrawn behind paywalls or simply flushed. Such online sites traffic in transient content, and they're not obligated to maintain content for any certain length of time.

Both the articles you noted as suspiciously missing were accessed by the Wayback Machine at their original URLs as of May 2021 - circa 2 years after initial online publication.

The only thing the 2019 articles' current inaccessibility can be reasonably construed to demonstrate is that these two similar online news aggregators observe a content preservation period of approximately 2 years' duration.

Normally a redirection page is made once, it is a simple page that states the page is no longer available.
No modifications are needed on the page, it simply states that the page is no longer available.
After that, it is a simple matter of cut and paste.
Many articles were published about this matter, some by the same new group, a lot of them are still visible.
Do you think the owners policy would seem to be inconsistently applied?

Best regards

Alan
As I said, it is most probable that no one has looked at that "error" page for a long time. It was originally programmed in a different language, contained more information, was "fixed" a few times but never reprogrammed. This has nothing to do with any particular archived item. The error page is the same for all uses.

No way to know. Does the medium have a general policy of searching back only so far for all articles? Does it have a policy of maintaining certain kinds of articles longer (obituaries, weddings, local news, sports news, national news?) Do they want to save storage space but let an intern decide what interests them? Without the answers to these questions and knowing the policy there's no point in forming an opinion as to whether a policy is inconsistently applied

Doesn't seem odd to me at all. Different webmasters do things differently. Other people come along and do what they know will work. It's a never ending grind and it gets done whatever way it gets done, as long as it gets done. There is a lot of turnover with personnel, and a thousand other variables. This is nothing to prop up a conspiracy theory, by any stretch.

We are very lucky to have EnolaGaya here keeping the ones and zeroes in order. There is another forum I frequent, a do-it-yourself tech heavy forum, hosted by a very successful supplier of tech equipment and millions of parts. The forum is full of generous and helpful people. The host's store site, as well as the forum site, is notoriously slow, sometimes painfully so and often nearly unusable. A few years ago we were all complaining about it, and a company employee came on with excuses and other nonsense. Well who'da thought a forum like that was full of people with tons of experience with such matters? Various ones looked closely at how the site worked, and what the coding was like, and detailed all sorts of crazy things that should never have been done and certainly were causing a lot of trouble. Like the typical page loaded hundreds of images that were never seen by anyone. Crazy stuff. It got better, but for some years the search function was completely useless. The only effective way to search the site was with Google or something, not a real efficient way to find things. Anyway, my point is this is a site owned and operated by a tech company. Instead of being efficient and easy to use, it's a can of bugs and broken code much of the time. The store site, which exists solely to sell stuff, has been very clunky and inefficient, which of course is counterproductive.

Doesn't seem odd to me at all. Different webmasters do things differently. Other people come along and do what they know will work. It's a never ending grind and it gets done whatever way it gets done, as long as it gets done. There is a lot of turnover with personnel, and a thousand other variables. This is nothing to prop up a conspiracy theory, by any stretch.

We are very lucky to have EnolaGaya here keeping the ones and zeroes in order. There is another forum I frequent, a do-it-yourself tech heavy forum, hosted by a very successful supplier of tech equipment and millions of parts. The forum is full of generous and helpful people. The host's store site, as well as the forum site, is notoriously slow, sometimes painfully so and often nearly unusable. A few years ago we were all complaining about it, and a company employee came on with excuses and other nonsense. Well who'da thought a forum like that was full of people with tons of experience with such matters? Various ones looked closely at how the site worked, and what the coding was like, and detailed all sorts of crazy things that should never have been done and certainly were causing a lot of trouble. Like the typical page loaded hundreds of images that were never seen by anyone. Crazy stuff. It got better, but for some years the search function was completely useless. The only effective way to search the site was with Google or something, not a real efficient way to find things. Anyway, my point is this is a site owned and operated by a tech company. Instead of being efficient and easy to use, it's a can of bugs and broken code much of the time. The store site, which exists solely to sell stuff, has been very clunky and inefficient, which of course is counterproductive.
Thanks for all your time, it still seems odd to me:)

But I guess if we all agreed on everything, the World would be a boring place

Best regards

Alan

... together with the fact that new "holder" page (or what ever you want to call it), has 25,000 lines of HTML code where the original article's had around 250 lines of code, seems odd to me ...

This is the third and last time I'm gonna say it - there aren't any 20-some thousand lines of HTML (or any other) code in the executable files underlying the Wales Online and Gloucestershire Live 'File Not Found' webpages.

Here's the proof ...

The text file attached to this post contains the text comprising the entirety of the File Not Found webpage's 'code'. The overall file content is HTML, with embedded Java scripting here and there.

This UNIX / UNICODE listing is the exact 'script' from which this 'code' is executed.

It has had visible line numbers inserted into the listing so you can see where the line boundaries are.

There are a total of 22,500 lines in the listing. As you can see for yourself, the overwhelming majority of them are empty / blank.

The few scattered 'islands' of text content represent the HTML and JavaScript code used to assemble the webpage. Some of these text 'islands' are comprised of more than one line in the listing. Some chunks actually take up only a single line in the code listing (see, e.g., line 475).

The huge expanses of empty lines mean nothing except a ton of empty space was deliberately left within the stock template file. All that empty space is 'cheap', in the sense it imparts no discernible impediment to executing the code / scripts.

Attachments

• GloucLiveNotFoundMsg.txt
    380.4 KB · Views: 26
This is the third and last time I'm gonna say it - there aren't any 20-some thousand lines of HTML (or any other) code in the executable files underlying the Wales Online and Gloucestershire Live 'File Not Found' webpages.

Here's the proof ...

The text file attached to this post contains the text comprising the entirety of the File Not Found webpage's 'code'. The overall file content is HTML, with embedded Java scripting here and there.

This UNIX / UNICODE listing is the exact 'script' from which this 'code' is executed.

It has had visible line numbers inserted into the listing so you can see where the line boundaries are.

There are a total of 22,500 lines in the listing. As you can see for yourself, the overwhelming majority of them are empty / blank.

The few scattered 'islands' of text content represent the HTML and JavaScript code used to assemble the webpage. Some of these text 'islands' are comprised of more than one line in the listing. Some chunks actually take up only a single line in the code listing (see, e.g., line 475).

The huge expanses of empty lines mean nothing except a ton of empty space was deliberately left within the stock template file. All that empty space is 'cheap', in the sense it imparts no discernible impediment to executing the code / scripts.
Breath and wasting it springs to mind EG:thought:.

A fascinating thread - shame that it's such a dark one. So, let's dive in:

1. A few years back, strange noises in a basement would have been interpreted as evidence of a haunting or some kind of paranormal manifestation. Nowadays it seems that pretty much nobody - and there are some real ghost believers on this site -is proposing this as a possibility here. Interesting!

2. The recordings. The most compelling one is the `Why, Gareth, why` one. However, I do feel that there is a bit of aural pareidolia going on here. It reminds me very much of the brief craze for Backward Speech Recordings that existed about fifteen years ago. The idea was that if you played someone's speech backwards you could hear what they were really thinking and feeling. It was very entertaining but was so obviously based around suggestion and pareidolia. What the advocates heard, and encouraged you to hear, reflected their own (usually right-wing) political biases. So some Republican Senator being played backwards would apparently say something like `It's an honour to serve` whereas Obama played backwards would be saying something like: `I love Satan`.
With that in mind...might the line be (for example) `Wipe, Graham wipe. The paint has dried` - ?( I do agree that the woman sounds to be in distress though).

3. In any case, the construction `Why (someone's name) why` strikes me as rather old fashioned and theatrical. It is more like a line from a bad TV soap opera than something someone would actually say nowadays.

4. I am also struck by the fact that the recordings consist of short snatches of noises - not long sequences. It seems to me that this suggests that they are examples of ephemeral carried noises from elsewhere. If something below the ground were being picked up you would expect the sounds to be continuous not coming and going all the time.

5. If there is an `underground facility` beneath that house then the practical implications involved are mind-boggling. Just stop to think about it for a moment. If the bunker has been there a long time - then there would be mention of it in the records in a local reference library for sure. If it has been recently created - then it would have to have been dug out of the ground. How would anyone do that in a built up area without being noticed? There would also have to be an entry point to the bunker where people could enter and leave without detection. It would possibly have to have catering facilities of some kind there. At the very least it would need lighting. All of this would be very hard to arrange in a suburban area without people knowing about it!

6. Have children and adults been reported missing in the locality recently? If there are children and adults enslaved (or whatever) down there then somebody will have noticed their absence. Have there been any reports of this?

7. Drug production, enslavement and systematic child abuse seems like an odd mix of crimes. I am not aware that these normally go together. iI seems to me that any serious criminal would not want to complicate things by committing multiple crimes at one time.

8. The OP's website is an enviably successful one. It is telling a lot of people what they want to hear - viz that there are foreign criminals beneath our very feet producing drugs and (inexplicably) torturing babies while they're about it. In times of economic uncertainty Simple and Scary wins every time.

9. All that said, I do think that the police should investigate this matter. They should do so if only to put people's mind at rest. And there is an outside chance that there is something bad going on - although on a smaller scale than the Tait's believe.(This begs the question of what exactly the police are supposed to do, however!)

10> Questions to Mr Tait:
(a) Have you released ALL the recordings made in your basement - or just cherry picked the ones that seemed to confirm your suspicions?
(b) Have people in nearby properties also heard strange noises from below - and, if not, why do you think this was only happening at your former property?
(c) What were you doing in Bulgaria prior to returning to Britain when all this began?

While I understand what you are saying, and agree that it could be along the lines of what you say,
I'd bet my house that it's exactly along the lines EG says.
We are very lucky to have EnolaGaya here keeping the ones and zeroes in order.
Precisely - EG has forgotten more about this stuff than most of us could ever hope to learn. This is why we trust him implicitly to run so much of the technical operation of the board.
I guess if we all agreed on everything, the World would be a boring place
However, when there are things upon which we can absolutely agree as they're so well evidenced, then disagreeing as it doesn't fit your personal paradigm makes discussion and subsequent progress difficult.

I'd bet my house that it's exactly along the lines EG says.

Precisely - EG has forgotten more about this stuff than most of us could ever hope to learn. This is why we trust him implicitly to run so much of the technical operation of the board.

However, when there are things upon which we can absolutely agree as they're so well evidenced, then disagreeing as it doesn't fit your personal paradigm makes discussion and subsequent progress difficult.
So by me not agreeing with with what is "so well evidenced", with no actual evidence being presented other than the opinions and ideas of others, I am making "the discussion and subsequent progress difficult", yes? It is, in my opinion, a large jump to suggest that I have a "personal paradigm", I was just saying that I found it odd.
There was a comment that supported my view, the one that said "Yes its strange" when we spoke about the fact that there are 25,000 lines of code in what only needs to be a template.

I will finish this post with what I believe is a quote from Douglas Adams, “The idea was fantastically, wildly improbable. But like most fantastically, wildly improbable ideas it was at least as worthy of consideration as a more mundane one to which the facts had been strenuously bent to fit.”

So by me not agreeing with with what is "so well evidenced", with no actual evidence being presented other than the opinions and ideas of others, I am making "the discussion and subsequent progress difficult", yes?
I'm referring purely to the code issue. It's something entirely normal and explicable with no need to invoke malign forces, so my statement was to the effect that we can reconcile that and concentrate instead on the main topic, the recordings, which should be the focus of this thread.

And yes, isn't it a lovely Adams quote?

Alan:

According to the Wales Online article (June 2019), this started when Mrs. Tait noticed the flushing sound while in the kitchen. It was later, after the two of you began trying to track down the sounds' source, that you heard a machine running.

- Was the flushing sound the first example of these weird sounds either of you had heard (or noticed)?

The Gloucestershire Live article is phrased so as to suggest that later the machine and the flushing sounds were heard together.

- Is this correct, that once the sounds began the machine and flushing sounds occurred together or in a closely-connected sequence?

- If the machine and flushing sounds seem to occur as a pair, which occurs first and which occurs second?

I'm referring purely to the code issue. It's something entirely normal and explicable with no need to invoke malign forces, so my statement was to the effect that we can reconcile that and concentrate instead on the main topic, the recordings, which should be the focus of this thread.

And yes, isn't it a lovely Adams quote?
Yes, the Adams quote is well put, a quote that no doubt could lead to many an interesting debate regarding interpretations of its true meaning. Especially if it was considered in context to an actual event or two.

I understand your comments, and I agree with you that there is more likely to be a rational explanation.

In all of our investigation to date we would much prefer there to be a rational explanation to the noises recorded, I think most of the people that listen to the recordings would agree,

There are recordings that have screaming in them that go on for around three hours, this, together with the time the screams were recorded, really rules out the noises coming from a school yard.

I think that when the average person is confronted with noises like these, they do not want to consider that they might be recordings of something truly awful. So the average person considers every reason they can think of to justify there stance of "it can't be true", a form of denial if you like.

I was once that average person, I knew it could not be something awful.

I considered every possibility and invited others to give me their opinions.

When an idea or a possibility was put forward it was tested.

I am only that "ordinary bloke" or "average person". but when confronted with something like this I believe the thought process that happens within people is probably fairly similar.

I do not consider I have invoked "malign forces", I consider myself to be a researcher or investigator if you prefer.

I am not one for stating something is fact without first looking carefully at something and inviting the opinions of others.

As an example, in the noises investigation, recorders were placed through out the building and compared.

It took quite awhile to ascertain that the noises were actually coming from the basement.

At that point, we attached recorders everywhere we could think of in the basement area to try to pin point the source.

Aside from the two 1,6 meter shafts that I dug in the side basement wall, I dug other holes in that basement.

In the area above, I built two parabolic microphones in a further attempt to pinpoint the source (when I was younger I trained and qualified as a prototype wireman), again the recordings indicated that the noises were coming from underneath the basement rather than from outside.

At one point I put a recorder in the rear garden in the open area.

Of the nine people that recorded noises at the property, they all followed a simple rule, they placed recorders at the front and rear of the house to record noises coming from outside the property, by comparing the recorders we could hear if the noises were coming from outside or somewhere else.

And I totally agree that the main focus should be on the recordings, of which there are many.

The ones discussed on this forum are only short extracts taken from the original five hour recordings.

Best regards

Alan PS I still think the 25, 000 lines of code are "odd", but perhaps we can agree on the word "strange" :)

I realise that it is probably an impossible question to answer, but it should have been investigated if it hasn't.

Are there any similar sounds, either recordable or audible, in any other buildings in the vicinity? I don't just mean the houses of suspicion on either side of the lane, but other houses nearby or roundabout? If this sound really is originating from tunnels beneath the building, then it should be carrying and therefore audible elsewhere in the neighbourhood, not confined to one single basement. In fact, given the nature of the equipment that would be necessary, and the sheer number of people who would be expected to be there, then these sounds should be audible practically throughout the postcode.

Have there been recordings/observations made from others, perhaps on the very edge of where the sound may be expected to carry to? Has anyone reported noises from locations other than Alan's basement? Proper, viable, verifiable sounds that could be odd, I mean, not the sound of traffic or anything else that could be misinterpreted.

Alan:

According to the Wales Online article (June 2019), this started when Mrs. Tait noticed the flushing sound while in the kitchen. It was later, after the two of you began trying to track down the sounds' source, that you heard a machine running.

- Was the flushing sound the first example of these weird sounds either of you had heard (or noticed)?

The Gloucestershire Live article is phrased so as to suggest that later the machine and the flushing sounds were heard together.

- Is this correct, that once the sounds began the machine and flushing sounds occurred together or in a closely-connected sequence?

- If the machine and flushing sounds seem to occur as a pair, which occurs first and which occurs second?
Christine (Mrs Tait) and I had been up late working on a project.

I forget the exact time but it was around 2am in the morning.

Christine went downstairs to the kitchen to make a coffee.

When she came back up with the coffee she told me she had heard a really strange noise coming from next door, at first I dismissed what she said mainly because it was 2 in the morning and I wanted to finish the project.

The more she told me was the more curious I became so we both went outside in to the alleyway that runs between our house and the house next door.

The house next door was empty, semi derelict and no one lived there.

The noises were odd in that all no one was living in the property and no lights were on, a flushing noise could be heard.

Some people have said that this might have been a toilet flushing but the noise was different and went on for longer, we were later to discover, when the house next door was advertised, that it did not have a toilet, wash basin or a bathroom.

The seemed to be coming from that house and it sounded like something was being discharged in to a nearby drain.

Shortly before that a noise could be heard further down the alleyway in a part of the alleyway that is covered.

It sounded like liquid being pumped.

We listened for awhile but we were both tired, finishing the project that day was not going to happen.

Drinking coffee just didn't help.

We went back upstairs to sleep in one of the front rooms.

As I went past the bathroom, I opened one of the windows, I found a sound recording app on my phone, turned it on and pointed the phone at the house next door.

The following day when we played the recordings back, all sorts of strange noises could be heard including what seemed to be women and children crying and screaming.

It was after this event that we started using recorders and trying to find out where the noises were coming from.

The machine noises consist of a series of three beeps, sometimes repeated, the end sequence was always a pair of beeps or a single beep.

I wondered how regular the sounds were, so I took a series of five hour recordings that covered a 24 hour period to listen to.

The beeps were not heard all the time but the flushing noise was.

It occurred once an hour, every hour over the 24 hour period.

On some occasions the beeping could be heard followed by the flushing noise.

I could post examples of those noises if you would like to listen to them.

One last point, a lot of the news articles were very selective in what they wrote, and many got some of the details wrong.

Best regards

Alan

Alan:

Thanks for taking the time to read the news articles.

I think it is because there is so much information available to people, that they tend to simply read or listen to a small part of this matter and form an opinion on what to them, is likely.

I guess that is human nature.

Some people go on to scratch the surface a bit, like the people who went to my former house and recorded noises for themselves.

I thought you might be interested in listening to the machine noises.

I have taken two short extracts from a 5 hour recording and posted them on my site.

https://altaricapublishing.co.uk/fortean/1.wav

https://altaricapublishing.co.uk/fortean/2.wav

I can upload the full five hour recording if you would like to examine it for yourself

Best regards

Alan

It is, in my opinion, a large jump to suggest that I have a "personal paradigm", I was just saying that I found it odd.
What seems like a large jump to me is hearing some strange noises, including ordinary street sounds and other mundane things down in the cellar, not being able to easily explain them, then concluding there is an underground torture chamber and/or drug lab deep beneath the house. That is very obviously your conclusion, no matter what gloss you may want to put on it. You've imagined a huge conspiracy that is no more plausible than the subterranean torture chamber. Assuming you are not making it all up, I think it should have been pretty easy to predict the police response. You did try to rule out some obvious things, but you might have needed someone with real expertise in such matters. The supervillain lair under the house idea is a dead end. There is a long list of reasons it is implausible.

One thing that I know about sewage and plumbing in residential areas is this: every now and then there is a blockage that is located at one property. It may have been building up for some time and, since waste pipes ae all interlinked, it may well also impact on the liquid waste disposal of the houses in the whole block or street.

So what the council/local sewage workers/whoever do every now and then is project a strong blast of water through the collective pipeways to flush out any emerging blockages. I presume some sort of pumping machinery is employed to do this.

This is what I remember being told anyway (from a time when I was in a shared house which was the culprit of just such a blockage).Can anyone confirm or deny this?

So maybe the flushing sound that was heard was that. Then with the pipes newly cleared they became better conduits for carrying sounds from various sources. That's when the other stuff - the screaming and so on began to be heard.

Just thinking aloud....

One thing that I know about sewage and plumbing in residential areas is this: every now and then there is a blockage that is located at one property. It may have been building up for some time and, since waste pipes ae all interlinked, it may well also impact on the liquid waste disposal of the houses in the whole block or street.

So what the council/local sewage workers/whoever do every now and then is project a strong blast of water through the collective pipeways to flush out any emerging blockages. I presume some sort of pumping machinery is employed to do this.

This is what I remember being told anyway (from a time when I was in a shared house which was the culprit of just such a blockage).Can anyone confirm or deny this?

So maybe the flushing sound that was heard was that. Then with the pipes newly cleared they became better conduits for carrying sounds from various sources. That's when the other stuff - the screaming and so on began to be heard.

Just thinking aloud....
Its a good point.

In one 24 hour recording the flushing noises can be heard once an hour.

In the recordings the screaming and flushing noises did not appear to be linked.

In some recordings you can hear the screaming and other noises, but I think I am correct in saying that when
the bleeping and flushing could be heard, nothing else was bar a few times when foreign voices van be heard.

Best regards

Alan

Back