• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Inexplicable Attraction To Strangers

I have to say that I walked into a pub years ago, took one look at the bartender and told my girlfriend who was with me that 'I was going to marry that man' -
The instant attraction was overwhelming, two weeks later he asked me to marry him.

Our eyes met, and a spark ran between us. She gasped, and swooned defenceless to the floor at my feet.

I love my new Taser.

maximus otter

So...you're saying you smell like a pig? :chuckle:
Well he did used to be one and AFAIK he's not yet fully recovered. old jibe ...sorry m

Actually @maximus otter is one of these annoying people that look young for his age always assuming the various photos he's put up are actually him. Also unless you are a strict vegetarian I suspect there is still something in the female psychi that is attracted to successful hunters. So if he says he is inundated with females attracted to him I have no reason to disbelieve him! :)

Actually @maximus otter is one of these annoying people that look young for his age always assuming the various photos he's put up are actually him. Also unless you are a strict vegetarian I suspect there is still something in the female psychi that is attracted to successful hunters. So if he says he is inundated with females attracted to him I have no reason to disbelieve him! :)

*preen, preen*

maximus otter

I was surprised to read on the internet that most relationship experts claim there is no love at first sight but just a biological need for sex.

“ Puppy love “ supposedly does not stand up to the strain of relationship problems.

Since my wife and I families knew each other when we where children, even though our families went on to live in different places, our mothers schemed to get us together when we were older.

I was surprised to read on the internet that most relationship experts claim there is no love at first sight but just a biological need for sex.

“ Puppy love “ supposedly does not stand up to the strain of relationship problems.

Since my wife and I families knew each other when we where children, even though our families went on to live in different places, our mothers schemed to get us together when we were older.
Those 'experts' never had it happen to them, then.
I remember I had a very nice pen pal when I was a kid, a boy in Japan, I still remember his name -
my psychic Grandmother told me that if I met this boy, I would marry him.
LOL - I never did meet him, but it was interesting that she tried to push me!

Well he did used to be one and AFAIK he's not yet fully recovered. old jibe ...sorry m

Could of course just be the uniform which is dragged out from retirement for such purposes. Some females apparently fall for uniforms for some reason.

One wonders how you become a "relationship expert"- possibly by marrying a few times?

He does have a huge willy as well.

Attachments

• Anglia.jpg
    Anglia.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 3
According to the internet, being attracted to someone other than family starts 18 months to 2 years.

So it is not unusual in older life to have instant attraction to strangers.

This could be bad if a stranger is not a good person.

My wife says she knows people who did not do well because they were attracted to people who my wife thought were not right for her friends.

My wife saw a relationship break up because one person in the relationship became only interested in money.

But I guess as people say that is the free will of the person to do what they want.

Are those the ones that are only moved by faith alone?
I have deep faith in the elastic.
According to the internet, being attracted to someone other than family starts 18 months to 2 years.

So it is not unusual in older life to have instant attraction to strangers.

This could be bad if a stranger is not a good person.

My wife says she knows people who did not do well because they were attracted to people who my wife thought were not right for her friends.

My wife saw a relationship break up because one person in the relationship became only interested in money.

But I guess as people say that is the free will of the person to do what they want.
I think I've written on here before about my lack of intuition about strangers (which maybe feeds into 'instant attraction' but is that thing in reverse). I've felt instant antipathy towards people. Just seeing someone on the other side of a room and thinking 'oh, no, I don't like the look of them.' And practically EVERYONE that I have had this thought about has turned into a close and dear friend.

Example, when I moved to Yorkshire, nearly 30 years ago, I joined a Mother and Toddler group. There were two women there who I thought were stuck up, overly involved with their children (helicopter parenting) and another whom I instantly disliked.

Thirty years later, one of them is my very best friend, and the other two were close friends until our children grew up and we all moved away from one another, although I recently went out for dinner with one of them.

I can only assume that the antipathy I felt came from them not being comfortable in the room (they, interestingly, were all also incomers, although one from only a few miles away), and not looking relaxed.

Legendary mythical under garments! Seeking them was a notable side quest carried out by the Knights of the Round Table……Sadly they were never able to locate them!
"What is your favourite colour?"...

Back