• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Eh?.... Bob Dylan is Jewish & seemed to have a religious thing going on a few albums back in the early 80s. I haven’t seen or heard much evidence for it since & no flip-flopping between religions.

He’s certainly read & taken inspiration from the bible in some of his songs but that seems about it.

Also I don’t think he’s ever aimed himself at the Christian market. He’s done pretty much whatever he wants since the early 60s without pandering to anyone or needing to.

Madonna I don’t know about.
He was religiously Jewish, then converted to Christianity, then went back to being Jewish again.

Did you just change the image, Max? The one I saw was bigger, closer, and looked more like a mug shot.
This one?
View attachment 73198
One is shot with something like a 50mm lens and the other is closer in but shot with a wider angle lens which is a more dramatic effect and gives the depth of field to blur the hair towards the back of the head. This creates a more unnatural point of view and makes the subject in this case seem more intense. Probably a deliberate choice by the photographer and shows how an image can shape a suggestion and why you should be on your guard when assessing images.

49B01D68-360D-4133-9A9A-E3AB4FE03F4B.jpeg

He was on the Tucker Carlson show today

Speaking on the show, Brand addressed his friendship with David Icke as he said: "It terrifies me to contemplate, Tucker, that people like Alex Jones and in our country, David Icke ... appear to have been ahead of the curve". He added that it was "extraordinary" for how long the pair have been speaking about "globalisation.”
1706736078118.png

David Icke, Neil Oliver and Russell brand walk into a bar...

There is no bar! It's a conspiracy by the mainstream media to control you via nanobots in the fake 'beer'! Wake up, Sheeple!

Yes he is. It’s a tactic used by Brand himself as pointed out in the video in 556 - take one example & extrapolate to paint the whole world with it.

The police investigation in her case over a number of years resulted in her claims falling apart. It’s an extreme example which can't be taken as a general rule.
BBC prog about the Ellie Williams case

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001vfd7/liar-the-fake-grooming-scandal

Details the lengths police went to in the unraveling of her story, bearing in mind the actual real cases of girls sexually abused by gangs etc elsewhere. Even when eventually she was shown to be lying, she doubled down on her claims & self-harm.

An extraordinary case.

Does it not strike the followers of these public figures that they're virtually all obvious grifters? And so it follows that their views should not be taken seriously?
It is the fate of the victims not to see the grift. The easily influenced never believe they are easily influenced, and that cons happen to other people and "not to smart people like me!"
This is the art of those that spearhead obvious nonsense; they appeal to those who are willing to suspend belief as long as they feel they are holders of 'inside' and 'real' knowledge. Their insecurity wants them admittance to the elite.

BBC prog about the Ellie Williams case

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001vfd7/liar-the-fake-grooming-scandal

Details the lengths police went to in the unraveling of her story, bearing in mind the actual real cases of girls sexually abused by gangs etc elsewhere. Even when eventually she was shown to be lying, she doubled down on her claims & self-harm.

An extraordinary case.

That case was and is, chilling. Because she tapped into the simplistic underlying narrative that men of south Asian extraction = abusers of girls and women, her claims gained traction amongst sections of the public. Kudos (this time) to the police for thoroughly investigating. She has also done untold damage to future, genuine allegations of abuse and wrongdoing.

That case was and is, chilling. Because she tapped into the simplistic underlying narrative that men of south Asian extraction = abusers of girls and women, her claims gained traction amongst sections of the public. Kudos (this time) to the police for thoroughly investigating. She has also done untold damage to future, genuine allegations of abuse and wrongdoing.
Certainly, & she fucked over the reputations of numerous totally innocent people in Barrow without a second thought, many of whom haven’t recovered from the trauma.

The injuries she inflicted on herself in the later stages were almost unbelievable.

Certainly, & she fucked over the reputations of numerous totally innocent people in Barrow without a second thought, many of whom haven’t recovered from the trauma.

The injuries she inflicted on herself in the later stages were almost unbelievable.
The harm she's done to untold numbers of people who've actually been abused and not believed, and those who don't report for fear of being disbelieved is horrendous. And for what purpose? She's a nasty piece if work.

I am not ignoring the harm she's done to those falsely accused, but we will never know those who give up and believe they will never have justice.

Kudos to the investigating officers.

Minor ripples from Christians noting that he recited the rosary and claimed it as part of his daily routine in his latest video.

https://x.com/rustyrockets/status/1764579787182362639?s=20

Act a twat. Get caught. Find God. Not an uncommon trinity.

Of course, one doesn't really need a lifestyle guru who appears to be wearing a child's scrapbook as an upper body garment to exemplify such a process – it can be found in many areas of the human experience.

Prisons, for instance.

Everyone knows that people in prison often turn to religion. It's helpful in lots of ways and is usually beneficial to all parties.

For example, most prisoners are welcome to attend church services followed by light refreshments.

Except Graham Young, the 'Teacup Poisoner'.
They weren't having HIM sipping tea and surreptitiously sprinkling stuff.

While there's an obvious chance for 'faking' spirituality in order to appear reformed, it's not impossible that some convicts do embrace spirituality in truth. After all, you're in a situation where you do a lot of 'soul searching' and time on your hands for contemplation.

The acid attacker Abdul Ezedi managed to evade being deported by claiming he'd found Jesus.

Those who fake religious fervour do exist, sure. His situation was because he knew that Christian converts are in mortal danger in Afghanistan, thus repatriation would be impossible. He 'played' the legal system which - in spirit - is humane and reasonable.

However, this is no proof that 'conversion' or 'finding God' by prison inmates is automatically fraudulent.

Act a twat. Get caught. Find God. Not an uncommon trinity.

Of course, one doesn't really need a lifestyle guru who appears to be wearing a child's scrapbook as an upper body garment to exemplify such a process – it can be found in many areas of the human experience.

Prisons, for instance.
The Reverend Jonathan Aitken springs to mind.

But I think in Brand's case, it goes a little deeper than that. The Christian identity plays well to those fans of his who value quote unquote 'traditionalism' and 'European values'.

The Reverend Jonathan Aitken springs to mind.

But I think in Brand's case, it goes a little deeper than that. The Christian identity plays well to those fans of his who value quote unquote 'traditionalism' and 'European values'.
Also, certain xtian groups receive government grants/payouts per head of converts.

I don't like the man or the persona he portrays, but his career is over, he should be allowed to reflect and come to terms with this and just bloody fade away, however what does a disgraced star do for a living there does not seem to be many options available to him

I don't like the man or the persona he portrays, but his career is over, he should be allowed to reflect and come to terms with this and just bloody fade away, however what does a disgraced star do for a living there does not seem to be many options available to him
He could compare notes with Prince Andrew.

The acid attacker Abdul Ezedi managed to evade being deported by claiming he'd found Jesus.
Where was Jesus found? Back of the couch? Cromer? (Blessed Be Thy Name!) Cardiff? Monte Carlo?

Everyone knows that people in prison often turn to religion. It's helpful in lots of ways and is usually beneficial to all parties....

The timing makes a difference though. If someone finds God when the finding of Him serves no concrete purpose beyond their own spiritual welfare (as in the case of a convicted felon), then that's fair enough.

But finding God (or bringing the subject up in conversation significantly more than you used to) at a point in your life when your behaviour and actions have become a matter of scrutiny - but when any consequences of that scrutiny are still pending - makes a sceptical response to any action that might be perceived as an assumption of a connection to a collective moral and ideological base, simply by an indirect appeal to that base, a pretty valid one. Of course, it's not a rare play - and it's an easy one, certainly when the player knows that a significant and often vocal section of those appealed to have a record for accepting the very worst of their own over the best of anything that might be construed as 'other'.

To be fair, Brand’s occasional appeals to Christianity (after he’d stopped being a Buddhist, or something) predate his current problems. But given that the two most reported expressions of this faith seem to have been to a Christian ‘lifestyle’ magazine, and Tucker Carlson (whose appeal to Christian conservatives of varying but sometimes undeniably extreme conservatism, is pretty well documented) then Brand, who as a social media entity is literally a brand, was essentially playing to broad, influential and potentially click-rich crowd that he is highly unlikely to have wanted to alienate.

I have no doubt that Brand has genuine and deeply held beliefs. But I think it would be an individual of extreme perspicacity to tell what they are. I’m pretty sure that many such people - whose lives are played out this way on social media platforms, and whose survival relies entirely on constant exposure and the relentless stimulation of a remote audience - lose sight of these things themselves.

The timing makes a difference though. If someone finds God when the finding of Him serves no concrete purpose beyond their own spiritual welfare (as in the case of a convicted felon), then that's fair enough.

But finding God (or bringing the subject up in conversation significantly more than you used to) at a point in your life when your behaviour and actions have become a matter of scrutiny - but when any consequences of that scrutiny are still pending - makes a sceptical response to any action that might be perceived as an assumption of a connection to a collective moral and ideological base, simply by an indirect appeal to that base, a pretty valid one. Of course, it's not a rare play - and it's an easy one, certainly when the player knows that a significant and often vocal section of those appealed to have a record for accepting the very worst of their own over the best of anything that might be construed as 'other'.

To be fair, Brand’s occasional appeals to Christianity (after he’d stopped being a Buddhist, or something) predate his current problems. But given that the two most reported expressions of this faith seem to have been to a Christian ‘lifestyle’ magazine, and Tucker Carlson (whose appeal to Christian conservatives of varying but sometimes undeniably extreme conservatism, is pretty well documented) then Brand, who as a social media entity is literally a brand, was essentially playing to broad, influential and potentially click-rich crowd that he is highly unlikely to have wanted to alienate.

I have no doubt that Brand has genuine and deeply held beliefs. But I think it would be an individual of extreme perspicacity to tell what they are. I’m pretty sure that many such people - whose lives are played out this way on social media platforms, and whose survival relies entirely on constant exposure and the relentless stimulation of a remote audience - lose sight of these things themselves.
Brand's only genuine and deeply held beliefs are about sex and his bank balance.

Back