• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

As a child of the 80s, I have an extensive catalog of 80s pop facts seared into my brain after spending the majority of my time watching music videos. One of these pop facts seared into my brain is that the bnand Katrina and the Waves was from East Berlin.

Except they're from England with an American lead singer..... ?????
Just to confuse matters- Berlin were actually from Orange County California.

Today a contestant on Richard Osman's House of Games gave the answer 'Hubble bubble, toil and trouble', and got the answer wrong. The actual quote from Macbeth is 'Double, double, toil and trouble'. I was gobsmacked. Even Richard Osman seemed to think 'Hubble bubble' was right.

I suppose this misapprehension might have stemmed from Manfred Mann's 1964 song, Hubble Bubble, Toil and Trouble, but to be honest I don't really remember that one.

Just between you and me Aydee, I do rather like the Top Gun soundtrack album from 1986.
Some great songs on there.
Oh me too! Love Danger Zone, Kenny Loggins did some great soundtracks in the 80s.

We need a "I miss when..." thread where I could wax poetically about movie soundtrack music videos dying out....when did that happen? What was the last "big" movie soundtrack?

Any part of your body that can allow infection to grow and put it straight into the bloodstream is important.
I'd have to look it up but I recall a couple of substances - poisonous - that when swallowed, as long as there's no internal damage, has no effect. Put on to an open wound or bleed, however, and ...

I believe there are some theories that tooth infections can spread, and get into your brain but that causes meningitis and Alzheimer`s, not cancer. One doctor at Bedlam would remove the patients` teeth for this reason.

Any part of your body that can allow infection to grow and put it straight into the bloodstream is important.
I'd have to look it up but I recall a couple of substances - poisonous - that when swallowed, as long as there's no internal damage, has no effect. Put on to an open wound or bleed, however, and ...
And one of those substances is what dentists put in your mouth!

I’ve just realised I’ve been misremembering a classic clip from Dad’s Army. I thought it was ‘Don’t tell your name Pike’ apparently it’s just ‘Don’t tell him Pike’. I clearly haven’t watched the reruns enough.

Edit- I’ve just checked the radio version to see if that had it the way I remembered it, It didn’t. So it’s just me then, and my dad who also thought the same as me.

Last edited:
I’ve just realised I’ve been misremembering a classic clip from Dad’s Army. I thought it was ‘Don’t tell your name Pike’ apparently it’s just ‘Don’t tell him Pike’. I clearly haven’t watched the reruns enough.

Edit- I’ve just checked the radio version to see if that had it the way I remembered it, It didn’t. So it’s just me then, and my dad who also thought the same as me.
I don’t think I’m alone.
IMG_4628.jpeg

I believe there are some theories that tooth infections can spread, and get into your brain but that causes meningitis and Alzheimer`s, not cancer. One doctor at Bedlam would remove the patients` teeth for this reason.
Researchers suspect that bacteria present in gum disease can travel throughout the body, triggering inflammation in the heart’s vessels and infection in heart valves

https://www.pennmedicine.org/update...blog/2019/march/gum-disease-and-heart-disease

So instead of slowly starving to death because of ulcerated gums, abscessed teeth or no teeth at all, you pop your clogs quickly and efficiently due to your heart stopping.

B'aint life grand!

Last edited:
RE: The 'Pike' memory.
If you think of it, the punchline saying 'name' wouldn't make sense if you listen to the feed line.
German Officer: "What is your name?"
The writers wouldn't make such an error.

RE: The 'Pike' memory.
If you think of it, the punchline saying 'name' wouldn't make sense if you listen to the feed line.
German Officer: "What is your name?"
The writers wouldn't make such an error.
I think it would still work. Like ‘whats’s your name?’ ‘I’m not telling you my name.’ and I’m not the only one that’s remembered it wrong all these years (or who’s from a different time line).

Oh me too! Love Danger Zone, Kenny Loggins did some great soundtracks in the 80s.

We need a "I miss when..." thread where I could wax poetically about movie soundtrack music videos dying out....when did that happen? What was the last "big" movie soundtrack?
I'd go with Guardians Of The Galaxy, then before that Reservoir Dogs (which is permanently on in our car) before that Good Morning Vietnam then also around that time The Lost Boys.

Yesterday Radio 3 played mainly fillum music, great stuff. :bthumbup:

Back