• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Part of my dream last night was I was travelling in a special, sleek vehicle which, while it could drive as a car, it could actually function as a submarine. An old flatmate of mine was driving it and, getting impatient with the traffic speed in the road tunnel we were in, diverted off and went underwater. There was little light and he was driving faster and faster, dodging between pier supports, walls and so on. I was really scared but didn't want to tell him to slow down - he seemed oblivious to the risk I saw of unexpected debris and rubbish. Finally, we emerged along the banks of the Thames ...

Early Thursday morning I was wide awake and decamped downstairs with a book and a blanket so as not to disturb poorly spouse. Settled down with dog on lap and a cuppa, I must nodded off because I became aware of a man in sports kit urgently trying to get my attention, he looked to be mid 30s fair skinned with reddish brown hair and short beard. His skin was flushed and sweaty as if he had been exercising, he was wearing a burgundy zipped tracksuit top with red shorts. I could smell the sweat and see splashes of mud on his legs. He looked to be shouting but no sound emerging. My first thought was that I had left the backdoor open, I then realised he had no lower legs and my dog was on my lap. Woke up with a jerk. Incredibly realistic and detailed dream, left me slightly spooked all day.

Early Thursday morning I was wide awake and decamped downstairs with a book and a blanket so as not to disturb poorly spouse. Settled down with dog on lap and a cuppa, I must nodded off because I became aware of a man in sports kit urgently trying to get my attention, he looked to be mid 30s fair skinned with reddish brown hair and short beard. His skin was flushed and sweaty as if he had been exercising, he was wearing a burgundy zipped tracksuit top with red shorts. I could smell the sweat and see splashes of mud on his legs. He looked to be shouting but no sound emerging. My first thought was that I had left the backdoor open, I then realised he had no lower legs and my dog was on my lap. Woke up with a jerk. Incredibly realistic and detailed dream, left me slightly spooked all day.
Ghost or dream? Curious.

You had a very interesting dream with many details. My first reaction to the dream is you might be thinking of either staying in shape or getting into shape because the man sounds like a coach. I found a website that discusses seeing men in your dream, you’ll find that site here. I also looked up some other details from your dream.

1. seeing colors: Colors in dreams represent energy, emotions, and vibes. First consider what that single color in your dream means to you and your own personal associations and relationship with that color. In general, pale pastel colors indicate weakness or subtlety. Dark colors represent passion and intensity. Bright colors mean awareness. Red: Red is an indication of raw energy, force, vigor, intense passion, aggression, power, courage, impulsiveness and passion. The color red has deep emotional and spiritual connotations. Consider the phrase "seeing red" to denote anger. Alternatively, the color red in your dream indicates a lack of energy. You are feeling tired or lethargic. Burgundy: To see the color burgundy in your dream symbolizes wealth, success, and prosperity. It is indicative of your potential power.

2. Sweat: sweating signifies a kind of cleansing or ridding of bad karma. You may be going through an emotional cool-off period.

3. Mud: To see mud in your dream suggests that you are involved in a messy and sticky situation. It also suggests that some spiritual cleansing is needed.

4. Legs: To see someone else's legs in your dream represent your admiration for that person. You need to adopt some of the ways that this person does things.

I hope you can further understand your dream with some of these definitions.

Not last night, but the night before. I had a dream that I was in a party, it seemed to be some sort of work do, and everyone was drinking liberally. Normally at a works do, or indeed anywhere else, I will strictly limit my drinking but this time I was happy to go for the red wine with a vengeance. There was a strange wine dispensing contraption, that held two wine bottles together like an hour glass, with a tap coming out of the middle - the kind of contraption that would never work outside of a dream. It had overtones of that tap/dispenser thing that they put on bottles of scrumpy in Asturias, to make it froth a bit when you dispense without having to do the (much more fun) extravagant bottle waving.

I can't remember much more about the dream, but woke up with what felt like a genuine hangover, most unfair - I hadn't had alcohol in over a week, and it is very rare now that I drink enough to get a hangover. Maybe alternate-reality me woke up fresh as a daisy after his works bender.

I can't remember much more about the dream, but woke up with what felt like a genuine hangover, most unfair - I hadn't had alcohol in over a week, and it is very rare now that I drink enough to get a hangover. Maybe alternate-reality me woke up fresh as a daisy after his works bender.
Oh my, that is funny. When I was pregnant I dreamt of my usual drink before pregnancy—bourbon and 7Up. I could taste it, but never woke up with a hangover! After a few years, I did end up quitting alcohol all together.

To dream of drinking wine symbolizes festivity, celebration, companionship, satisfaction and success. You are content with the way your life is going. The dream may also be a pun on "whining" and how you like to whine about things. In particular, to dream that you are drinking red wine signifies excess and sensuality. If you are drinking communion wine in your dream, then it represents some spiritual celebration or ceremony.
I did find this about wine.

I was in Munich - I've never been to Munich.

I was trying to buy a sandwich from a market stall but there was too long a queue, and then there was something to do with a protection gang putting pressure on all the stallholders. So the stallholders decided to climb the steps into a crane about 20 metres tall, and I joined them in the glass control cabin. They all spoke German to me, and I explained about a Greek bloke who gave me a lift there - as in he carried me! I paid him 2 Euros rather than 1 Euro that was apparently the usual rate...!

Unfortunately the protection racket guys decided to topple the crane, and I woke with a start when the crane started to fall.

Hey ho!

I actually remembered a dream.

My wife and I were dining in an elaborate Italian restaurant.

In our town the only thing that resembles an Italian restaurant is a franchise called Olive Garden, and it is not exactly elaborate.

I actually remembered a dream.

My wife and I were dining in an elaborate Italian restaurant.

In our town the only thing that resembles an Italian restaurant is a franchise called Olive Garden, and it is not exactly elaborate.
Do you like Italian food?

Last night I dreamed I was sitting on the sofa next to my friend (who is deceased irl). She was wrapped in a blanket and fidgeting about, which was annoying me. She seemed to have urinated or spilled a drink because there was a spreading wet patch on the seat between us. Over in a doorway nearby was a collection of black cats, all sitting together, some were cleaning themselves, some were lying down. I woke up most confused.

Some disaster was about to take place, animals were heading south. One woman was stockpiling a stengun and pc keyboards along with a small dead tree which would warn her about deadly emissions. A friendly platypus emerged from it's burrow and licked my hand.

Last edited:
Some disaster was about to take place, animals were heading south. One woman was stockpiling a stengun and pc keyboards along with a small dead tree which would warn her about deadly emissions. A friendly platypus emerged from it's burrow and licked my hand.
A platypus! Great. Doesn’t it make you wonder what our minds are up to when these unusual animals show up in our dreams? That’s what I call an entertaining dream and those are the ones I really enjoy.

A platypus! Great. Doesn’t it make you wonder what our minds are up to when these unusual animals show up in our dreams? That’s what I call an entertaining dream and those are the ones I really enjoy.

I should add that the platypus rose on it's hind "paws" to lick my hand. I don't think they can actually do that.

You are Nostradamus and I claim my 5 Duckets.

Here's yer 5 duck bills or coins rather.

platcoin.jpg
platcoin.jpg
platcoin.jpg
platcoin.jpg
platcoin.jpg

I woke up quite upset from a dream in which I went to a party with some people but they then decided they didn't want to hang out with the birthday girl and her friends, so they went off to enjoy the funfair games in the back garden of the pub. I hung around uncertain as to what to do, then went back to the party for something to eat. The only thing left was bread, which I ate compulsively whilst listening to the waitress chat to other people. It really played on my social anxiety!

Had two weird ones last night.

There was a generalised evacuation of my town going on, with people grabbing bundles of stuff and moving out. A friend of my daughter was there with her toddler daughter, getting ready to be picked up and the child had been sick. Her mother said 'it smells like wasps'. I looked out of the window, I seemed to be in a high rise flat somewhere, and there were lights on in other houses that I could see - I said 'other people are staying too.' I have no idea who was staying with me, or why the evacuation was going on, or even where I was living in the dream.

The second one started outside a house. There was a young child and a baby sitting on the doorstep and something had gone on inside, murder was suspected. A very tall, lanky young police dog handler sent his GSD in, saying 'find the baby.' I said to him that the dog must be very good to be able to tell he didn't mean the baby on the doorstep. He told me she was very intelligent. Then I was at a party at the policeman's house. His sleeve rolled up and revealed that he had a skin condition, where his outer skin peeled off and underneath was scabs and almost plant-like growth. His house was very modern and classy but outside there was no garden, just a very long flight of concrete steps. Each step had a plant on it, in a pot, lots of roses and similar, it looked very pretty. The policeman was walking up and down the steps carrying drinks on a tray, but later I heard someone say that he'd been sobbing all the time...

(I have been doing a lot of gardening lately, which might account for the plant thing...)

Dreamed about someone close who died last year. In the dream I walked round a corner, possibly near my doctor's surgery, and saw him in his wheelchair as I remember him.

Not restored to health or sporting feathery wings or wearing a halo, just him, looking feeble and forlorn.
Whatever, I was pleased to see him. He didn't spot me as I started walking over to greet him.

Might be because it's coming up to a year since he passed.

cafe
club
bar
dress

The late morning sleep-in always offers up something wild, vivid and narrative-memorable. Too much to tell, suffice to say I feel serenely gratified.

Lots of ex-residences featuring strongly of late. Must be soon to find my independence again methinx.

I had a first for me last night when I actually fell out of bed because I was acting out a dream situation.

Of all things, in the dream I'd found a CD Walkman in a stream. I'd decided it was valuable but so did two other blokes and they wanted to take it from me.

There was a steep climb up a hill with a load of ferns at the top to escape from them. When I got to the top, they were quickly gaining on me so I decided to hide in the ferns because their point of view was obscured enough that they might run past my hiding spot.

I lay down, rolled across the ferns then ... THUMP ... I woke up on my back on my bedroom floor. Luckily I hadn't hurt myself so I got back into bed and quickly got back to sleep. I told the Mrs about it this morning and she told me she'd wondered what the bang was.

I dreamt I had a giant rat that I could ride like a horse.
I miss my ratties , especially Daisy and Baby, Baby was an affectionate sweetheart whereas her sister Daisy was a bloody psychopath who would bite as soon as look at you!! She dragged my brand new stone sour tour tee out of the washing basket and chewed it up royally,to which I wet myself laughing!! Whenever there was a storm with thunder and lightning, no exaggeration, she would stand on her hind legs gripping her cage and stare at the lightning with a look of absolute glee

I had a first for me last night when I actually fell out of bed because I was acting out a dream situation.

Of all things, in the dream I'd found a CD Walkman in a stream. I'd decided it was valuable but so did two other blokes and they wanted to take it from me.

There was a steep climb up a hill with a load of ferns at the top to escape from them. When I got to the top, they were quickly gaining on me so I decided to hide in the ferns because their point of view was obscured enough that they might run past my hiding spot.

I lay down, rolled across the ferns then ... THUMP ... I woke up on my back on my bedroom floor. Luckily I hadn't hurt myself so I got back into bed and quickly got back to sleep. I told the Mrs about it this morning and she told me she'd wondered what the bang was.
Any ideas about this dream last night?? I was given the task of turning off various food outlets that still had the gas rings burning and it occurred to me that something was strange so I turned around and there were DOZENS of rabbits following me and I ran away ( coward , no idea why) and this all occurred in narrow country lanes akin to nearby in Shropshire where I grew up . Anyway, I ran far away and then heard loud male chanting. Initially I thought I was going towards it then realised it was coming from behind me. I doubled back and then after a while I saw fire coming from the next corner and luckily there was a gap in the hedges to hide in , no idea where the bunnies had gone , and as I stealthily ran down the hidden field, I saw these men with torches going past like the end of that film Kill List and I was terrified. Then I woke up and cursed the fact that I obviously hadn't drunk enough vodka to nullify any horrible dreams. Very weird

Any ideas about this dream last night?? I was given the task of turning off various food outlets that still had the gas rings burning and it occurred to me that something was strange so I turned around and there were DOZENS of rabbits following me and I ran away ( coward , no idea why) and this all occurred in narrow country lanes akin to nearby in Shropshire where I grew up . Anyway, I ran far away and then heard loud male chanting. Initially I thought I was going towards it then realised it was coming from behind me. I doubled back and then after a while I saw fire coming from the next corner and luckily there was a gap in the hedges to hide in , no idea where the bunnies had gone , and as I stealthily ran down the hidden field, I saw these men with torches going past like the end of that film Kill List and I was terrified. Then I woke up and cursed the fact that I obviously hadn't drunk enough vodka to nullify any horrible dreams. Very weird.

How about this one. I've just woke up from a dream where I was working in a village pub.

I'd overheard a barman saying how a customer had a ordered a Guinness that involved being nearly full, then tilted at 40 degrees then a certain lager poured in over the back of a spoon. Sounded pretty straight forward.

Then we got really busy then some lady came in and ordered one. For some reason, I didn't have everything I needed and my heart sank because there was a large que of people waiting. I had to go into this massive back kitchen to make the drink for various dragged out reasons and the dream dragged out in real time with me cursing this woman under my breath. I was bothered that we were losing money at the bar, customers kept coming into the kitchen to complain that they were waiting so someone went out to cover my bar, I eventually got the drink made and the head on it was changing colour from reds to blues to greens which looked cool. I took the drink to her table then cleared off before she could complain.

Back