• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

Beatboxing starlings (me and a mate used to scratch DJ using bird song records)

Elephant and tourist (me and a mate never scratched using elephant sounds)

.. and a squirrel caught in a fence by his balls :wide: .. I hope they released him ..

They have gundogs hunting him.

The Naples Camorra is reported to have offered a reward in cash for the elimination of one of the greatest threats to its drug trafficking profits — a nine-year-old Jack Russell terrier named Pocho.

Pocho is credited with having sniffed out more than two tonnes of illegal substances during his career with the Naples police, depriving the mafia of millions of euros in illicit profits. In response, the Camorra is said to have offered a €5,000 (£4,440) reward for his death.

Pocho was originally bought by a doctor living near the city’s San Paolo soccer stadium and named after Ezequiel Lavezzi, a popular Argentinian football player who spearheaded the Napoli attack at the time and who was nicknamed Pocho. He was donated to the police after it was discovered that the doctor’s son was allergic to his fur.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/world/mafia-orders-hit-on-pocho-dog-with-nose-for-drugs-gp09r7mnt

The drunkard wood pigeons of New Zealand

A native wood pigeon known for becoming dazed and clumsy after eating fermented fruit has been named the 2018 bird of the year in New Zealand. Rescue centres have been set up around New Zealand as the birds often fly into windows, garages or fall off trees and hurt themselves. Road signs warn motorists to be careful because of flying kererū, which can cause serious damage because of their size and weight.

English bulldog bites off Scottish man’s peanut butter smeared genitals

AN ENGLISH bulldog has been euthanased after biting off his Scottish owner’s testicles, which had been coated in peanut butter.

The 22-year-old man, who has not been named, was found fully clothed and lying in a pool of blood in his Haddington, East Lothian, apartment. He was rushed to hospital where he was put in an induced coma for several days.

Continued:
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...s/news-story/8b63718ca68265bffdecbf27b71593b8

This is not a metaphor!

English bulldog bites off Scottish man’s peanut butter smeared genitals

AN ENGLISH bulldog has been euthanased after biting off his Scottish owner’s testicles, which had been coated in peanut butter.

The 22-year-old man, who has not been named, was found fully clothed and lying in a pool of blood in his Haddington, East Lothian, apartment. He was rushed to hospital where he was put in an induced coma for several days.

Continued:
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...s/news-story/8b63718ca68265bffdecbf27b71593b8

This is not a metaphor!
I like how the link you've included has included the word lifestyle ..

Here's an otter playing air hockey

Zonkey born on Somerset farm

Until his arrival on 2 October, there was thought to be only one other zonkey in Britain. Zambi lives on a donkey sanctuary in Shropshire.

Zippy's mother Ziggy, a six-year-old zebra, was bought for £10,000 from Germany and shares the fields with nine donkeys including his father Rag.

Ms Turner said that Zippy's arrival was a complete surprise to her as she didn't realise that Ziggy was pregnant.

“Last month I opened my bedroom curtains, which look onto the farm, and I just saw this little foal sitting up staring my way," she said. “I was in complete shock. I ran downstairs in my PJs, put a coat on and went over to see him.

“He’s half a wild animal so he’ll nip and kick me a tiny bit but in a cheeky way. Then he’ll dash off. He has quite a fitting name really. He’s calmed down a bit now as he lets me brush him. Ziggy has really taken to motherhood and she's a great mum. He's never out of her sight. They wander round the farm and do everything together. Rag tends to keep out the way.

zonkey-2.jpg

zonkey-4.jpg

A llama getting into a taxi in Peru .. nothing else

edit: something else, other people's feedback so I can't claim any credit for these:

Llama in a car a llama

and ..

hope they don't crash because
that's a good way to harm a llama

and ..

This is a unique opportunity
to have a car alarm alarm a llama in a car.

Last edited:
An eager beaver indeed. Reminds me of Homer Simpsons war with the beavers.

Another Homeresque battle with beavers.

A beaver colony is biting back after a Russian town demolished its dams as part of river drainage works.

The authorities in Mytishchi, near Moscow, swept away the dams from the river Yauza in order to build a new embankment, while also dredging the plants that the beavers feed on, the 360 TV channel reports. Some local people fear that this leaves their seven beaver neighbours vulnerable. "It's not clear what will happen to them, because their homes have been destroyed by the excavators, and winter is already on its way," Elvira Lazutkina told 360. The authorities deny depriving the beavers of their habitat, and insist that the lodges the beavers live in - as opposed to the dams that act as outer protective walls - have not been touched. ...

But some people in Mytishchi have found signs that the beavers are not taking the disruption sitting down.

"Hungry, homeless beavers are roaming the area, felling trees that were planted to spruce up the embankment," Yelena Kirichok told Govorit Moskva radio.

The vengeful rodents have taken to street level at night, leaving behind gnawed tree stumps as they haul branches back to the river to rebuild their dams. Some local people like Ms Kirichok have posted photographs of the evidence on social media. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-46114142

Rare silver fox found in garden in Alsager, Cheshire

The animal, which has been named Shadow, is now being looked after by RSPCA staff, who say it is the first sighting they're aware of in 25 years.

“I managed to safely catch the fox with a grasper and put him in a cat box before taking him to Stapeley Grange, who kindly stayed open later so he could be admitted.

“He was very quiet and seemed tame.”

Lee Stewart, manager of Stapeley Grange, said: “It is likely that Shadow has been kept as a pet and he has either escaped, in which case we need to find his owners, or he has been dumped by his owners.

0_SWNS_SILVER_FOX_01.jpg

Some may not care for the narrators voice. Some excellent shots of some deep sea wonders.

He's not among the worst narrators.

It's a great story but with my sceptical trousers on, would a pig recognise cans as being consumable & how would it open 3 six packs of beer?

It's quite possible that a pig, having a very good sense of smell, would find a discarded tinny with remains of yummy-smelling beer and give it a taste. Then, when it later encounters intact cans, it'll bite through them (they have powerful jaws) and drink the fizzy gigglejuice as it exits under pressure from the can (messy, wasteful but effective when you lack opposable thumbs). Shotgun!
Speaking of drunk animals, haven't seen any news reports of elk getting drunk on rotting apples (which may or may not actually really happen) and causing trouble this season.

would a pig recognise cans as being consumable

There are accounts of pine martens chewing through brake-cables in order to enjoy the glycol-laced fluid. It was a learned behaviour that quickly spread in the Black Forest iirc. In the UK, I think squirrels took to the same practice. :psych:

Knickers: Australia's giant steer

Technically he is not a cow, but a steer (a neutered male). But he is giant, standing at 1.94 metres (6ft 4in ) to his withers (the shoulder). This is just shy of the world record-holding steer, Bellino, who lives in Italy and stands at 2.02 metres. Knickers, a Holstein Friesian, weighs in at 1,400kg (220 stone) and is believed to be the biggest steer in Australia.

Knickers’ story is one of hope and reprieve. Pearson tried to offload him last month, only to be told by the meat processors said the steer was just too large for the abattoir.

“He’s too big for the chain, he’s out of spec, he’d be too heavy for the machines and he’d probably actually be hanging on the floor, so there would be contamination issues, and his cuts of meat would be too large,” Pearson says.

Which means Knickers can live out his days on the 3,000-acre property, home to 4,000 head of cattle, for whom he acts as a “coach” – showing them where to roam.

“He just hangs around, he’s part of the furniture,” Pearson says. “Obviously he’s gained some stardom – that’s changed his identity a little bit.
Ds_J_nNVYAAUMZw

If he's 6'4" at the shoulders then those other cows must be some kind of dwarf breed. That, or he's standing on a hay bale.

I think it's gone viral because of the photo - yes it makes him look ginormous but I don't think it's staged. That's just the herd he's in with - they may be quite young animals. He is the 2nd largest known in the world though.

Back