• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. H

People Who Foresee Their Own Death

A few years back an old boy who lived down the road from us decided to give away a huge chunk of his belongings, saying that he wanted to replace his furniture. Within a week he had died. Many have said that he had made no effort to look for replacements for his stuff, in fact I would have...
  2. H

Thames UFO

I don't live that far from the Thames and quite a few years back I saw a UFO flying roughly over the top of the river. Now I have very little interest in the subject so I have always treated it as an odd experience and left it at that. Anywho, I live in a second floor flat which has a communial...
  3. H

Goth and pet girlfriend banned from bus

Oh let 'em be odd, I like odd it makes life much more interesting.
  4. H

Exploiting Tattoos For Medical Purposes

Nowt new this, the reason why many tribes tattoo is to help improve the immune system, especially with young women before they get married - some groups won't allow a girl to get hitched without her being marked. It's so that a woman is strong enough to cope with childbirth.
  5. H

pen behind the ear

LOL Who's your friend? I was talking to the sheep :lol:
  6. H

The 'Obesity Epidemic'

That sounds like its extremely dangerous and more like starvation more than a diet. If you speak to a nutritionist they will tell you that it's not the size of the meals, it's what you eat that is important.
  7. H

The 'Obesity Epidemic'

*Sighs* It's hard to find a decent doctor who doesn't want to fob you off and get you out the door as soon as possible. I think what makes me wonder is why compulsive eating due to a mental illness is not treated with the same sympathy as anorexics, they are both due to mental health issues...
  8. H

The 'Obesity Epidemic'

You wanna bet? :wink: I often get a reaction that my fat is catching. I treat it the best way I know how, I just laugh at them and shake my head.
  9. H

The 'Obesity Epidemic'

If you listen to the news it's beginning to appear as if being overweight is akin to being a leper.
  10. H

pen behind the ear

And Wales *ducks and runs for cover*
  11. H

pen behind the ear

You could get arrested for that, you know feeling sheep. :roll: :wink:
  12. H

Haunted Children's Toys

I loathe dolls, especially those ceramic ones with the glassy eyes. *shudders* How about Robert the haunted doll? I can remember reading an article years ago about a woman who started collecting dolls after she found out she couldn't have children. She started to treat them as if they were...
  13. H

Disembodied Arm

I was talking to my daughter and her friend about some of the odd stuff that has happened to me. Kiddo told me that she had once seen a disembodied hand. Early one morning she was sitting at the computer when she saw movement out the corner of her eye. Hanging in the doorway was a t-shirt of...
  14. H

Bubbles / Cones / Zones / Instances Of Silence (IHTM)

I've only ever experienced this kind of strange silence once. Myself, the t'other half and a friend became interested in an old building not far from my home called Ingress Abbey. The place had been empty for a few years and the surrounding estate had become overgrown. We were poking through the...
  15. H

Coincidences

Supernatural Existence http://www.globide.com/home/index.php?page=25
  16. H

Coincidences

Last night I was listening to a paranormal podcast about Number Stations, at the end there was a short piece on an old subject they had covered, which was possessed dolls. He read a couple accounts that people had posted and as he read the third one I had a real feeling of familiarity. I knew I...
  17. H

Stairs & Our Attitudes Toward Them

:shock: Please don't tell me what you were doing in there. :wink: Ah, but I never mentioned the time of day, just that traditionally the bedroom is where you tend to sleep. Well most of the time anyway.
  18. H

The Alphabet of Brooke Shields

It could be the work of an art student as there are Goldsmiths and UEL fairly near. I attend UEL and often see a piece of someone's work in the form of a bit of text taped to a wall on the campus. It could also be like the Mayday mystery, where the meaning behind it, if there is one, will...
  19. H

Stairs & Our Attitudes Toward Them

I used to have a real fear of the stairs in my parents house. At the top of the landing the banister was closed in, so that there was a big enough gap between the banister and the door to a bedroom. I always had a feeling that someone was hiding at the top ready to jump out at me..... then again...
  20. H

Staffordshire Werewolf

My family live in Staffs. Coincidence? I think not. :wink: Could it have something to do with talk of introducing wolves to Cannock Chase?
  21. H

Melon Heads

They're talking about the UK. 8) I was once told that in the Isle of Wight doctors are supposed to ask pregnant women whether they are a blood relation to the father.
  22. H

Ghost Buildings

This happened to a friend of mine when he used to build conservatories some 20 odd years ago. He was on his way home one summer evening, it was still light and him and his mate were on a long stretch of road. They went through this small village that sat on a crossroads, and about ten minutes...
  23. H

Dolls?

I remember reading of an account where a woman, who lived on her won, treated her china doll like it was a real child, she put so much love and attention that weird things started to happen. She claimed that it would move about on its own, disappear from one place and appear some where...
  24. H

Personal Rememberence Of Altered Timelines

I have one 'memory' that for years I was convinced was true. My dad is a keen gardener and I remember him digging out a bit of ground for a new shed. The thing is that in this memory I see him pulling Roman amphora, both whole and shards, out if the ground and putting them in the bin. Now I know...
  25. H

Abandoned Aircraft Mysteries

It's funny I was trying to remember the name of it a couple of weeks ago. I believe it's called Sole Survivor, and I think you can still pick it up.
  26. H

A Glitch In The Matrix

The last month or two I've experienced several mini-repeats when watching tv. I'll be watching something and a few minutes later the same scene will be repeated word for word, when I ask the other half whether he saw it he just looks at me like I'm mad.
  27. H

Alien Big Cats ('ABCs')

I was aimlessly staring out of a train window this morning as I was on my way to London, it dawned on me that there is a hell of a lot of overgrown land that runs alongside the tracks. I think it would be quite easy for a fairly large animal to use these strips of land as a place to hide and a...
  28. H

Newly-Built Haunted Houses?

A while back I was talking to someone about the estate I live, most of which was built during the 50s and 60s. They told me that when they were a kid, some 30 odd years ago, there was a case of a family that was hounded out of their home by a poltergeist/ghost who made their lives a misery. The...
  29. H

Murderers: How Many Have You Met?

I once knew a rapist and suspected murderer who is right now thankfully languishing in prison. He was the boyfriend of a friend's sister who was convicted of several rapes in north Kent during 1992-4 - it was just after the murder of a teenage girl. I remember him talking about her and how he...
  30. H

very spooky goings on

Great story Beagle! You've just reminded me of something that happen in my teens. I was staying at a friends house - which was just a normal three bedroom council house with no great age to it. I ended up sleeping in the brother's room because he had gone away for the weekend. I can't...
  31. H

A Cure For Cancer?

I used to work for a large Pharmaceutical company a few years back and have to say that if a cure had been found then they would not surpress it as they would lose millions in revenue. What would be the point in spending the amounts of money they do on R&D and not get anything in return? It...
  32. H

Hearing Your Name Called

Yesterday afternoon both myself and my husband heard someone outside calling to my other half. His name was said three or four times, When we went and had a look there was nobody about. Could have been a coincidence, but odd none the less.
  33. H

Spooks On The Tube: Ghosts Of London Underground

There is something about Bank that makes me feel uncomfortable too. It's a real opressive feeling, like someone is pushing down on your shoulders. Last time I was there it was a weekend and pretty quiet, which in my mind made it feel worse. I couldn't wait to get out of there. As for Kings...
  34. H

Abnormal Physical Strength In A Crisis (Hysterical Strength)

I think you're on to something there Stu. Years ago I was asked to clean out my employer's kitchen, which involved moving this large and very heavy combination oven. I got on with the job, lifted it and moved it to the other side of the room. My employer was astounded that I hadn't asked him for...
  35. H

The Lost Experience - Hansofoundation.org and other websites

I tried the various passwords and found they wouldn't work. I then discovered that if you try to sign up for the news letter you get Persephone 'hacking' in. She asks you if you can see what is written, then asks you for the password. Text appears at the left side (I missed what was said), it...
  36. H

I am an urban legend

I think that it's more to do with people not wanting to admit that there is a serious problem in their area.
  37. H

Ghostly locations to photograph in London, any ideas?

Try 'Walking Haunted London' by Richard Jones. Gives a good range of easily do-able walks, with easy to understand maps. It also gives a good discription of historical facts and ghostly experiences.
  38. H

Tattoo UL? (Tattoo Doesn't Mean What The Wearer Thought)

Once when getting a tattoo done I joked with the tattooist about the popularity of oriental phrases. I asked him how they didn't know whether what was being tattooed didn't say 'sweet & sour chicken' instead of what they think it said. He laughed and said that they check the meanings with a...
  39. H

Floating Downstairs / Floating Down Stairs

I think the theory is that the stairs represent crossing from one world to the next and while you're on the stairs you are in 'limbo', nether dead or alive.
  40. H

Dead Famous

Love that programme. That's from their first series which was shown in the Uk last year (I think). The link tells you about both series. Dead Famous Link - http://www.livingtv.co.uk/deadfamous/
  41. H

Rare & Bizarre Syndromes

Rainy, I believe it's called Pica.
  42. H

Haunted Homes

It was on Dead Famous. It was a solid looking figure wearing glasses. They said at the end of the show that the figure wasn't seen when they were filming, but was spotted while the programme was being edited. They said that it was possible that someone could have followed them in.
  43. H

The X-Files

I can't remember the name of the episode, but it was the one where they went to investigate a report that aliens had been seen on a road. (I think. It's been some years since I've seen it) When Mulder and Scully get to the small town they find that everyone has a different story. At the end of...
  44. H

Shadow People

A few years ago we had a friend staying with us for a short time. Hubby and daughter had gone to bed one night leaving our friend and myself in the livingroom. All of a sudden this solid black figure walked past the open door. It looked like a person had been cut out of black paper. I could see...
  45. H

What type of brain do you have?

EQ = 20 - shows signs of aspergers/autims. No surprise there :roll: SQ = 17 Type B
  46. H

LobeliaOverhill's Abduction Experience

How rude
  47. H

Tsunami & Mega-Tsunami

Here's a short piece on La Palma. I hope it hasn't been posted before. http://www.rense.com/general56/waiting.htm and more http://members1.chello.nl/~a.horlings/nat-dis.html
  48. H

"Ghosts caught on Film" TV Program

I've seen that program quite a few times. I really like the video clip of the poltergeist in the deserted house that was being renovated. Ah yes, and the strange lights in the woods. Cool stuff. 8) :yeay:
  49. H

"Alice in Wonderland" Syndrome

It's only ever happened to me once - I had chickenpox when I was 19. I had to go and get my prescription from the local chemist. As I walked down the road the houses on each side of the street stretched above me and almost touched above my head.
  50. H

Predictions For 2005

Is it a good thing or a bad thing to be right about a death? A bit of a moral quandry. :gaga: Oh well death is part of life.
Back