• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. M

Trip to Peru

Hi guys, I'm off to Peru in septmeber, briefly in Lima and then off to Cuzco and the sacred Valley. I will be overflying the Nazca lines, seeing Maccu Picchu and the other larger archaeological sights in that area. I was just wondering what other sites pertaining to fortean interests...
  2. M

Random Chance

Isn't it astonishing how often events of random chance and timing seem to occur. I'm sure that we all have had random meetings and whatnot before and heard stories of extreme cooincidence. I suppose it's not incredibly far fetched when you consider how often they don't occur but sometimes the...
  3. M

Ancient Teachers Of Mankind: Hancock's Supernatural

[Emp edit: Split off from the Graham Hancock thread: www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13827 To discuss Graham Hancock's book: Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind (2005) www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/18441 ... ntmagaz-21...
  4. M

Unexplored caves, tunnels and caverns

I have always been deeply interested in tales of cave and tunnel's underground whose extent has never been fully explored. Sometimes these are mixed in with tales of people entering and never being seen again. There are many, many caves systems that have underwater segments and rivers than...
  5. M

Suggest Improvements To The Fortean Times

Taking cue from David Sutton I think we should post and discuss any improvements or changes to the mag that could help to improve it as well as increase it's appeal & distribution. What would you like to see more of or less of? Any new sections you think they should include? Things like...
  6. M

Glas Ghu Stone

http://www.megaliths.co.uk/glasghu.htm Now I've seen this stone in person (incidently is is a bloddy BIG stone) and arrangement of the carving is certainly not random. I'm not sure that I agree with http://www.megaliths.co.uk and their "decryption" of it I think it may be a case of seeing...
  7. M

Hieroglyphics help

As a christmas present I want to give somebody some papyrus with: "May Bast bless this home" (or equivalent) written in Egyption hieroglyphics on it. I have the papyrus and paints but I need to know what to paint on it. And it has to be the cat-goddess Bast. Now, as a bunch of knowlegeable...
  8. M

Summoning Demons

well a few acquaintances of mine are intend on enacting rituals designed to summon demons or other dark spirits, one of which they will try to summon is Azazeal due to the fact in the book of Enoch it says that he taught humanity many secret things such as making weapons & metalurgy. One of...
  9. M

Lightspeed Surpassed

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99992796 I knew people had claimed this before but it really seems that now we can finally declare that lighspeed can be surpassed. *shrugs* I knew this would happen, I watch Star Trek.
  10. M

Rome's Missing 9th Legion

[Emp edit: The posts on the Dark Irish and the missing ships from the Spanish Armada have been split off to their own thread so we could focus on that particular line of discussion and leave this one for missing Roman Legions.] As posted in the thread about Rome Untoppled, there is an old...
  11. M

Fanthorpes

Fanthorpes & ForteanTV Has anybody else been reading the Rev. Lionel Fanthorpes paranormal magazine? It's website is at http://www.fanthorpes.com ? I hear the next issue will be good *look suspiciously shifty* It's good to see him doing more stuff again, I miss him on the late much...
  12. M

Paranormal Investigations (Have You Undertaken One?)

Have you ever actually carried out a ghostwatch or other kind of paranormal investigation? If so where was it, what kit did you take and did you find anything? *just curious* lol. Apart from the old exploring ruins, caves and old buildings routine and Rosslyn Chapel I've not done too much...
  13. M

Dragons!!

I always thought it was amazing the number of people who have told me that they also used to believe as children that dragons slept under mountains and hills and recently watching the film, Regin of Fire, has remined me of this. It is a known fact that children see things that adults don't...
  14. M

Gargoyle Legends

Hi fortean people, I'm writing a piece on Gargoyles and I could use a hand with a certain aspect of it. I know there are written accounts of people seeing Gargoyles coming to life, I have read one such account many, many years ago that I can no longer remember the specifics of. Anybody...
  15. M

Human Lifespan / Longevity: Historical; Attainable; Theoretical

RE: If modern humans emerged 100,000 years ago, why didn't civilization appear until only about 10,000 years ago? The average lifespan of a human was into the late twenties way back when.
  16. M

Vampire Books

Vampires Just considering writing a book on Vampire legends etc and was wondering what you think would be good & bad in such a book. I want to know what *you* would like to see in such a book and what would make you buy such a book. Hell, writing beats my current job!
  17. M

Fortean Holidays/Vacations

Myself and my other half are thinking of going on holiday around Scotland this year and we have been thinking about travelling around visiting sites of a Fortean nature. We are broadly interested in everythind supernatural/paranormal related as well as ancient sites, castles, etc What I want...
  18. M

Werewolves

Werewolves In Scotland I'm just wondering if anybody knows any legends or tales of werewolves in Scotland. Particularly keen to know of any in the Forres/Elgin/Nairn/Inverness region. Always been interested in them but on Friday 14th december we were sitting outside the car near the woods...
Back