• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. M

UnCon 2008 - The Official Suggestions Thread

An update on vampirees would be fun, especially why there's move towards, anaemic versions of the mad, bad, and dangerous to know type, making them safe fantasy versions of the real bad boys for young girsl. There's whole sections in bookshops devoted to "paranormal romance" these days.
  2. M

Attacks By Seagulls

I'd have been laughing too much to take a picture in those circumstances :lol:
  3. M

Orange Orbs (or Chinese Lanterns)

I've been looking at your site. It's interesting, you look like you get a lot of stuff that doesn't make it into the main stream. Some of those posts (ones that you haven't copied here) clearly aren't about lanterns.
  4. M

The Ninth Gate

Is it this one by chance: http://www.philipcoppens.com/ninthgate.html or http://www.halexandria.org/dward900.htm I liked the film a lot (although it got a pretty tepid reception IIRC). I've visted Puivert on a "In the Footsteps of the Cathars" walking holiday.
  5. M

Cocoa Coup

...or from another Galaxy
  6. M

Wonderwaffe, Operation Paperclip, Area 51

I'm not sure that Vril, is even a bogus idea, it's complete fiction, like the Force in the Star Wars films. But of course some folks don't get this concept of "fiction" and starting with the Theosophists began claim that the book and Vril, were real. If Buwler-Lytton had been unscrupulous, he...
  7. M

2010 UnConvention

Good idea!
  8. M

Where Will Our Clean Energy Come From?

You could collect your own farts and cut out the middle man!
  9. M

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Her parents were gone (I'm not sure if she's an orphan or they've just left her). She's living with an Aunt, who goes out and leaves her alone (off partying or some such). It remind me a bit of Peter Pan, as well as Alice in Wonderland.
  10. M

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

The TARDIS could have slipped back in time between the flight over London and crashing in Amelia Pond's garden! I think Moffat's timeline is 1997 (crash), 2008 (giant eyeballs), 2010 (Amy skips with Doctor). No, you shouldn't care or you'll find yourself on Doctor Who message boards with...
  11. M

Women Beware Wimmin

I'm not overly impressed by the original article, it sets up a straw woman as to what feminists want. Then says that surveys by Prof Geoff Dench (who?) of the Young Institute (what?) shows that most women don't want this. It's an argument that's been endlessly reworked since the 1970s, with...
  12. M

Britain: Police State?

Thy could have been playing Motorway snooker This is supposed to be an urban legend, but a copper who I knew claimed he and his mate played it when out on patrol. (However, he was a bit of a comedian, so this may not be entirely true)
  13. M

Jonathan Downes Texas expedition

Sounds interesting, I've enjoyed his other books!
  14. M

Ageing & Growing Old

Or with (relatively) younger women, as a cuddly femme d'un certain age I seem to get quite a few elderly chaps striking up a conversation, if I'm having a coffee on my own in town.
  15. M

Another Castle Window Ghost Pic

I don't think she is leaning forward, as someone said earlier, even if that was right her left shoulder wouldn't look that much wider. The picture has been split and layered on either side of the pillar, and not aligned very well. I think the picture of the girl may have been taken from...
  16. M

'The Great Global Warming Swindle': Is Climate Change A Myth?

It appears that the AGW contingent actually agree that anthropogenic global warming is happening! The Telegraph
  17. M

Forgotten History

I liked the old Museum, it was as much an exhibit as the things in it. Despite being dusty a bit messy you could get up close to the exhibits, not staring at stuff through three layers of armoured glass. And they felt at home there. I survived without any trouble on the basis of on no account...
  18. M

Atheism

I suppose if you actually witness the crockery throwing, it becomes more than a matter of belief, it's looking for an explanation, either within known physics, or from other causes that we haven't characterised yet.
  19. M

Atheism

I don't think Atheism requires you to believe anything. Atheism is exactly what it says on the label, it means you don't believe in any god. Some atheists dismiss all supernatural/paranormal phenomena as part of the god package. Others just don't believe in god(s), with the rest up for grabs...
  20. M

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

Do you worry that we're perhaps thinking about this too much?
  21. M

Face In The Window In A 19th Century American House

People have been concentrating on a reflection from a TV screen. Could it be a reflection from a picture, or a magazine cover, You can't see what's to the left of the picture and from the reflection of the back of the woman's head you can see that the sofa is some distance away and at a slight...
  22. M

Face In The Window In A 19th Century American House

...when they've got eyes.... GHOSTS
  23. M

List of Fortean Movies.

Repo Man (1984 dir: Alex Cox) Kiss Me Deadly (1955 dir; Robert Aldrich) Phantom of the Paradise (1974 dir: Brian de Plama) Alphaville (1975 dir; Jean-Luc Godard) Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979 dir: Werner Herzog)
  24. M

Heroes

I think they've got themselves caught in the continuity trap, with some characters storylines getting just too tangled...I think they killed off too many characters in series 3 as well. Unless they're going to use time-travel to reset some of the stories.
  25. M

Graveyards / Cemeteries

The B & W ones are more atmospheric than the sepia, photo tool sepia is a bit too orange IMO... Some good shots there.
  26. M

2012 movies

Actually I thought that too... I quite liked the film though, basically it was all about blowing up the planet a spectacular manner, and it did that very well 2012, the rest was just your usual disaster movie plot to get you from one set piece to another. As Sherbert says it's total tosh...
  27. M

Post-Apocalypse Movies

Survivors, the BBC series of the 70s and last years remake is sort of post apocalypse, except that it's a virus that brings down the world rather than wars... Soylent Green (Make Room! Make Room!) isn't really post-apocalypse, it's a society breaking down from overpopulation and pollution...
  28. M

Aliens Living Among Us: Are They? How Would You Know?

Re: Aliens 'already on Earth' They've been saying that for oh, at least the last 30 years... :lol:
  29. M

Paradox

It picked up towards the end, but the beginning really didn't make sense, the glamorous cop had no reason whatsoever to believe anything other than that the moody astrophysicist had cracked up through overwork and/or someone had hacked his computer and left the images as a malicious prank to...
  30. M

The LCROSS Impact & Alleged Artificial Features On The Moon

I can't see anything that looks like a digging machine, but then I could never see the alien equipment in the photos in George Leonard's Someone Else is On Our Moon either. Have you read this book Bigfoot73? From the mid 70s it's probably the ancestor of all this alien building equipment on...
  31. M

Bird Courts / Crow Courts (AKA Bird Parliaments)

Sound really weird gattino, interesting experience though!
  32. M

The Fourth Kind

Too late! Those stories have probably found their way onto some of less rigorous UFO sites and in future any attempts to point out they're fiction will be dismissed as party of the conspiracy because THEY don't want you to know the truth.... :roll:
  33. M

Enid Blyton

What would Noddy think!?
  34. M

Toilet Talk

On Radio 4 this morning they asked that, apparently it's higher in urea, and less acidic. Women's wee-wee will work, but men have a more convenient sprinkler system!
  35. M

Celine Dion

Hi juliehopkins are you French-Canadian like Celine? Or if you're not perhaps you were born on the same line of longitude, so there may be more connections. If you're not French-Canadian, perhaps you speak French, did you perhaps find that you could speak French without even learning it...
  36. M

FT256

I thought Dennis Wheatley looked more like Charles Gray who played Mocata in the film of The Devil Rides Out....
  37. M

ET and the Vatican

38. M

FT256

Mine came through yesterday to. Good to see Dennis Wheatley in there, probably instrumental in getting a lot of Forteans of a certain age into weird stuff...
  39. M

Most Haunted: Poo Or Boo?

It could have been trying to spell "ghoul"!
  40. M

Micro Pigs!

Just enough for a bacon butty! :lol:
  41. M

When sceptics fight back.

If you want someone who tackles bad science and pseudoscience with equal ferocity I suggest you look at Ben Goldacres "Bad Science" book, blog or column in the Guardian. The difference between bad science and pseudoscience is that real science weeds out the crap and the ideas wither and die...
  42. M

Large Hadron Collider (LHC)

I think I saw that on the cheese counter at Tesco's!
  43. M

Airships / Blimps / Dirigibles (Lighter-Than-Air Craft)

I bet that thing's set off a few people claiming they've seen a UFO.
  44. M

9/11: The September 11th Attacks

I don't recall you ever, disproving anything about flight 93, you just kept saying, it's not flight 93, IT'S NOT FLIGHT 93.LA, LA, LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU That alleged 737 engine, the only people who think it's a 737 engine are people on conspiracy sites who keep reinforcing the story...
  45. M

Down with Literature!

That's the best line in the book! I fell about laughing at that point... The stuff is quite compulsive, like eating a huge box of sweeties, you know it's bad for you but you can't stop (and I'm really jealous abous DB's sucess as well)
  46. M

Creationists & Darwin—Go For It Boys/Girls!

Do they mean Roger Bacon or Francis Bacon? Also because you believe in god doesn't mean you accept the literal truth of Genesis, and I thought Einstien was an agnostic if anything. And Newton, Copernicus and Kepler all predated Darwin...
  47. M

Rendlesham Forest Incident

It's bullshit of a high order, a burning lorry load of fertiliser is easy enough to check on police records and it would have made the local papers, if not the nationals, at the time. Someone would have made the connection years ago!
  48. M

Fairies around the house?

The dead fairy's a fake http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/deadfairy.asp as posted earlier, so it seems pretty obvious that the "live" fairy which looks identical is.... BTW: Macrosblack, that's an interesting story you posted earlier. Not like fake videos....
Back