• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

Women in white

I heard on the radio the other morning that men are more attracted to women who wear white. Is this true? It sounds a bit odd to me!
  2. S

Do men lose weight more easily than women?

A few ppl at work have been saying this is true. Their husbands have been wanting to lose weight and it seems to just drop off them very easily. Is this just true in their cases, or do women actually find it harder to lose weight? A friend's dad lost loads of weight just by not eating biscuits...
  3. S

Lobster Barbie

MOUNT DESERT ISLAND, Maine - Practical jokers Jim Bright and Chris Costello never imagined that their idea of dressing a female lobster in a Barbie outfit - accessorized with pink high heels - would save her from the steam pot. But it did - at least 10 times. As a gag, the fishermen clad the...
  4. S

Xmas Card Covers 10km in 10 Years

A CHRISTMAS card sent from Zagreb has taken 10 years to reach its destination in Sesvete 10 kilometers from the capital, just in time for Christmas 2003, the local press reported. "We wish you a Merry Christmas and a lot of luck and health in 1994. May there be peace in the region!" said the...
  5. S

Body left outside shop for two months

THE partially mummified body of an elderly man was found in shrubbery beside a big department store in the teeming Japanese city of Osaka after going unnoticed for nearly two months, police said. More than one million people a day pass by the small bed of trees and bushes outside the...
  6. S

Slow motion movement

I remembered the other day this incident that I experienced when at college. It was years ago now but I was just wondering what ppl's take on it would be. ************************* I'd been on a long train journey back to college and was really tired but my friends dragged me out in the...
  7. S

Hikers Find 140 Buttered Shoes

AS shoe collections go, the one found by a pair of Swedish hikers definitely had no place in any closet. A Swedish couple hunting on a remote mountain on Sunday in Sweden's far northern province of Jaemtland found 70 pairs of shoes, all filled with butter. "If we knew who had done this we...
  8. S

The Un-Uncon thread

Just thought it would be nice for us ppl who aren't going to have a thread to talk in so we don't feel left out. So what are you doing instead of going? I'm going to my friend's wedding. :) BTW How about everyone meeting in IRC on Sunday night, so it would be like a meet? Maybe some ppl at...
  9. S

Electric Shocks & Electric People

Electric shocks I am forever getting mild shocks off objects. It happens a lot when I go shopping. I even got a shock off a felt Christmas stocking today. It was hanging from a metal hook, but I never made contact with the hook. I remember when I was small I used to get it from the metal...
  10. S

Weird Scarecrows

I don't know if anyone else has noticed these, or how long they've been there, but I saw some really weird scarecrows when driving into Cornwall the other day. They were round about where Tideford is (between Saltash and Trago lol), by the side of the road. The first one really freaked me out...
  11. S

My Speakers are Speaking to Me! (Radio Interference)

It's very irritating, but I am kind of getting used to picking up odd things on my speakers when I have them turned on. I get taxi drivers driving past and as they speak to the office, their voices come over my speakers, with "Alright mate" or "I'm just coming up to the traffic lights on..." It...
  12. S

The Others

Has anyone else seen The Others with Nicole Kidman? Forgive me if you've already discussed this, I ran a search and nothing turned up, so I hope you haven't. This has to be one of the scariest films I've ever seen. It ranks right up there with the original version of The Haunting of Hill House...
Back