• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. gerhard1

Point Nemo

The Pacific Pole of Inaccessibility A long time prior to this posting, I had noticed the coincidence of HP Lovecraft locating the resting place of Cthulhu so close to the point.
  2. gerhard1

Interesting Youtube Channel

Mostly it deals with strange disappearances, and it seems to keep its' options open as far as paranormal explanations are concerned. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6SHHgG7Xeh-3g1sUu8Fn3A Mods, if this is not the right subforum please feel free to move.
  3. gerhard1

Lost Dutch Colony???

I might have mentioned the idea of a lost dutch colony in Australia before. It's an intriguing idea and one that I find quite plausible. The problem is that there is not very much to back it up. At the era in question, the Dutch were in their East Indies colony, so it is quite possible that...
  4. gerhard1

New Orleans Vampires?

The legend says that the Carter brothers were vampires in the Big Easy. https://authorlyngibson.wordpress.com/2014/10/31/the-carter-brothers-another-new-orleans-vampire-legend/ The brothers John & Wayne Carter were supposedly hanged in the early 1930's in Louisiana. I have not been able to...
  5. gerhard1

Alaska Mystery (Port Chatham; Portlock)

I did some checking on wikipedia and there seems to be something to it. Plus, this turned up in my google search. https://www.alaskamagazine.com/articles/somethings-afoot-in-port-chatham-century-old-rumors-persist-of-a-terror-in-the-mountains/
  6. gerhard1

Sensing Impending Death

In the book Where Death Delights, by Marshall Houts, Milton Helpern, the one-time Chief Medical Examiner of New York City tells of people who sensed that their own deaths were quite near and called family in to say farewell, or in one case, made a long walking journey to a particular church so...
  7. gerhard1

Watervale, SA Disappearance?

Not certain what to make of this. It's a strange enough story, the only thing is I can't find hide no hair of it anywhere except on this video. Watervale is a real town in South Australia, about 100 km north of Adelaide but a google search turned up nothing on Marie , and the sane results were...
  8. gerhard1

Strange Case From Texas

Three strange emergency calls from a seemingly deserted house in a Texas town lead to a very strange case. The video is quite fair to all sides , both believers and skeptics.
  9. gerhard1

The Case Of The UFOs

Finally found the video. I understand that it's from BBC Horizons program and was first broadcast in 1982, https://ok.ru/video/281919752933 I saw it on the American PBS science program, NOVA
  10. gerhard1

Belle Starr

Here is the wiki article on her. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Starr I noticed one oddity from the article. The problem with what Eaton says is there is no record of Watson's execution. I searched the Espy database, both by state (Oklahoma and Arkansas) and turned up nothing. I then...
  11. gerhard1

Hawaiian Cryptids

Ranging from their version of Bigfoot/Sasquatch to the tiny Menehune Hawaii has cryptids as well as other places. https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/03/the-bizarre-mystery-monsters-of-hawaii/
  12. gerhard1

Giant Centipede Photo: Fake Or Not?

A friend sent me this. Do centipedes grow to this size, or is the photograph faked? He called it a Vietnamese bam centipede.
  13. gerhard1

Incident in Mt Rainier National Park

I have been there a few times, but never had anything happen to me like this. Thoughts?
  14. gerhard1

"Chariots Of The Gods" BBC NOVA Program

I remember seeing this many years ago when I lived in Seattle. If it has been posted here already please accept my oops.
  15. gerhard1

Falklands UFO Base?

This man, Roger in KC, claims to have discovered a UFO base or something on Beauchene Island, the southernmost island of the Falklands. Personally, I think--to be kind--that ol' Roger is possessed of a very over-active imagination. He claims that google earth is hiding the base due to...
  16. gerhard1

The Nabateans (Ancient People / Culture)

Arabia seems to have an interesting pre-Islamic culture and it seems that researchers are discovering some of it.
  17. gerhard1

Anyone Here Accept These Conspiracy Theories?

They seem far-fetched me. How about you folks?
  18. gerhard1

Unbreakable Ciphers & Codes

Is there any such thing? When I suggested to a co-worker at Boeing's facility in Wichita, Kansas, that I had an idea for a code/cipher that would be very difficult to break, he responded by saying that a computer could 'brute force' it and break it. Without knowing the type of code/cipher and...
  19. gerhard1

Werewolves

This is getting close to me. I live in Oklahoma. Wonder what they are, really.
  20. gerhard1

Strange Video

Didn't know quite where to put this, so I put it here, as it concerns a sea mystery. I'd like to call attention to the segment called 'sycamore', if i could. This is allegedly a plateau off the coast of Malibu in California, that is said to be resting on pillars. The pillars are clearly shown...
  21. gerhard1

Odd Assertions

I couldn't quite think of a 'proper' title to this thread, but what I'd like to explore is 'what are some of the oddest assertions' you all have come across in the fortean realm? By this, I mean verbally, in print or on the internet. In print, it would likely be the purported assertion by...
  22. gerhard1

Underground City In The Great Smoky Mountains National Park?

This is an interesting find in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Is it for real?
  23. gerhard1

Buru

This cryptid was a large reptile that lived in the extreme northeast of India. It was thought to have become extinct only recently (the 1940's) and resembled a Komodo dragon, except for its blue color. This is one cryptid that is seldom discussed. Here is the wiki piece on it. The external...
  24. gerhard1

Extraterrestrial Artifacts / Artefacts

With all of the hundreds of UFO crashes reported on the CSETI website, is there a single confirmed artifact of ET origin? Even from the earlier crashes? http://www.cseti.org/crashes/crash.htm It strikes me as a reasonable question. Surely, there must be at at least a few in private hands.
  25. gerhard1

Exchange of Personalities

Are there any real-life cases on record where the personalities has been exchanged? It has been the subject of at least one story, a movie with Kate Hudson comes to mind here, but are there any real cases involving two or more people where they have literally became each other? Sorry if the...
  26. gerhard1

Evaluating Evidence

This is a fortean website, and as such it presents things for our perusal that are out of the ordinary, sometimes greatly so. Time slips, paranormal phenomena, cryptids, UFO's are some of the things that we look at on this website. The two extremes in evaluating fortean events and objects...
  27. gerhard1

The Isidor Fink Murder (New York; 1929)

... the story of Isidor Fink, who died in New York City in 1929 under very unusual circumstances.
  28. gerhard1

UK Mystery Place (Fate Magazine, Long Ago)?

This is my first post here and I'm excited to be with you. There is a place in the UK, that was discussed in a long-ago article in Fate. It is not a structure, that is, a castle, building or house, but rather, it is a place like a hill, forest, or meadow. The strange thing is that this place...
Back