• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Cherrybomb

The Tape World Monster Mystery

I hope its ok to post this here, I thought it was rather interesting :) On Reddit, a person posted an image of a mascot/character that they had found in an old stock room at a now defunct music store. They can't find what the character was from and its become a rather intriguing internet mystery.
  2. Cherrybomb

New-House Oddness

Hello all! Myself and Mr. Cherrybomb recently moved home, and since the move I keep seeing the numbers 1234 and finding drops & small puddles of water in odd places. Today I found some water in the middle of our living room floor and some drops on a framed picture that is on a shelf. Theres no...
  3. Cherrybomb

Is The Queen Dead?

Hi, Sorry if this has been posted before (mods feel free to move this if need be). I know that The Poke is a joke site but I found this to be a really interesting idea: https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/11/14/the-queen-is-dead/ Congolesa Banned's twitter here: https://twitter.com/judeinlondon2...
  4. Cherrybomb

Strange Perfume & A UFO

Hi all, The past few days myself and my OH have experienced a strong perfume in either the kitchen or the bedroom of our house. Its a scent similar to one my husbands gran used to wear, she passed away over ten years ago and we have nothing of hers in our home. It seems to come out of no where...
  5. Cherrybomb

Did the Oscars Prove that we are Living in a Computer Simulation?

Please move if this isn't the right place. Taken from and much more on this here: http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/did-the-oscars-just-prove-that-we-are-living-in-a-computer-simulation "Last night’s Oscar bizarreness was not just bizarre but bizarre in a way that is typical of...
  6. Cherrybomb

Cornish UFO

A couple enjoying an evening stroll along Portreath Beach were left 'mesmerised' and had to flee to 'run home and lock the doors' after spotting a UFO floating above them in the sky. It is the second reported UFO sighting in just a few weeks, as two women claim to have been left 'shocked' and...
  7. Cherrybomb

American Song-Poem Anthology

This is a bit of an odd thing (IMHO), basically it seems that during the 1950's/60's you could send off a poem and it would be set to music. It's not a great album, but its an interesting and rather strange thing to hear. Here's some links/info about it...
  8. Cherrybomb

Folk Horror

Hi all Here's something thats been bothering me recently: What is the difference (if there is one) between Folk horror and the Fortean? :confused:
  9. Cherrybomb

Experiences With Spiritual Healers

About 10 years ago, maybe a bit longer, my mum was feeling a bit run down, so one of her friends suggested a visit to a local spiritual healer to give her a pick me up. My mum was a bit cynical of this but thought, why not. She booked in with a local lady who took my mum into her "sanctuary"...
  10. Cherrybomb

Let's not meet....

Hi all, Does anyone else enjoy the stories on Reddit's "let's not meet"? The creepiest one IMHO is The Smiling man. For some reason for me, the fairly mundane is much more creepy than the big jump scare monster type stories.
  11. Cherrybomb

Best Fortean YouTube Channels

I'm getting into Fortean topic you tube videos, but I want some inspiration on the better ones, please!
  12. Cherrybomb

Derek Acorah Vs The Yobbo Ghosts

A POPULAR TV psychic was filming in Rhyl this week for the hit TV show ‘Most Haunted’. The trip was cut short however, after he was found on the pavement of Edward Henry Street flailing his arms and shouting incoherently. When passers by eventually stopped to help, Acorah claimed a gang of...
  13. Cherrybomb

Odd Building

There's a rather large, industrial type building that I often pass by, its set behind some bungalows, but it doesnt seem to have an entrance/exit driveway. I've looked on google maps and it shows a driveway for this building, but there isn't one when you pass by it - there's a garage for one of...
  14. Cherrybomb

An odd thing happened last night

Last night I was drifting off to sleep when I heard my name being called - it was loud and clear - I sat up with a start, my heart racing. My husband was fast asleep. As I was trying to figure out who had called me I saw a figure at the foot of our bed. It was about 4 foot tall & stocky, totally...
  15. Cherrybomb

Mobile phones and Dawn Penn

Hi all! This comes from a friend of mine. He said that when he first got a mobile phone back in about 2001, it would play Dawn Penn's record "You don't love me" when he dialled 1234567890 (I've also since seen this odd phenomenon mentioned on the songs you tube page). He said he was playing...
  16. Cherrybomb

Long forgotten songs returning.

Hi all! All day today I've had this song stuck in my head: Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, Put the teachers on the top, Put the prefects in the middle, And burn the blooming lot. I've not heard of or thought of that song since I was probably about 10 or 11. Whys it popped up in my head...
  17. Cherrybomb

Photograph Showed Mysterious Pair Of Boots Behind Little Girl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3050165/Man-TOOK-photograph-sent-internet-frenzy-speaks-says-explain-mystery-ghost-boots-NO-ONE-her.html Sorry to post something from the daily mail but I just wondered if you had any thoughts on this?
  18. Cherrybomb

Bubbles from no where

Hi everyone Last Friday afternoon I was busy putting my make up on for a rare night out. I was stood in my bathroom when I heard one of the cats in the living room growling, so I walked through to see what was going on & there was a small bubble floating in mid air. I was home alone and the...
  19. Cherrybomb

Kids' Creepy Imaginary Friends That Are Probably Demons

Yith Edit (Flavour text): 23 Parents Describe Their Kids’ Creepy Imaginary Friends (That Are Probably Actually Demons) Chrissy Stockton 1. He Doesn’t Have a Face My son from the age of three always tells me about the “creeper man” who lives in my mom and dads bedroom. He brings it up after he...
  20. Cherrybomb

Daughter locked up in shed for 6 years ‘because parents disapproved of boyfriend’

A young woman was locked up in a derelict house for six years after her parents said they didn’t approve of her boyfriend and forced them to break up, it has been claimed. Police are investigating claims that 24-year-old Zhang Qi tried to run away several times from her home in the village of...
  21. Cherrybomb

Madness Or Something Else?

Hi all I've been suffering from quite severe mental health issues since October of last year and its thrown up some odd happenings, or is it that I'm more sensitive to the unknown at the moment? Here's the latest - About a week ago I was fast asleep when a bright flash woke me in the middle of...
  22. Cherrybomb

Déjà Vu Phone Call

Hi all I've recently been going through a really tough time dealing with mental health issues, and a lot of memories have been "churned up". One of them is something I'd like to share with you all. In 2001 I was working part time in Blockbuster video (lucky me!). I'd had a few days off for...
  23. Cherrybomb

Culture-Bound Syndrome Or Folk Illness

Someone shared this on my facebook page & it's actually a really interesting topic (IMO) - so I'm popping it here http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... SM-IV_list
  24. Cherrybomb

Reading In Dreams

I've read somewhere recently that you can't read in your dreams, but I have read things in my dreams many times. Where has this idea come from?
  25. Cherrybomb

Tales of the unexpected

Hi y'all! I'm looking for some help in finding pictures/footage of an episode of the tales of the unexpected. It was about a man in a yellow rain coat driving around. That's all I can remember about it, but I'd love to see it again! Help!
  26. Cherrybomb

A slapped arse from beyond the grave!

Hi all On Saturday Me and Mr. Cherrybomb were staying at his late grandfathers house for the night. We were going to a mates wedding close to his home and it was easier to stop there than travel back to our own house later after the reception. His g'dad only passed away in late August and...
  27. Cherrybomb

Do Ribbon Pieces Mark Houses With Dogs?

I saw a link on facebook today which had a photo of someones fence in the US with a small piece of orange ribbon tyed on to it with the following comment: "So there is this tag on my fence. This tag apparently notifies certain horrible excuses for human beings that there is a dog here, and...
  28. Cherrybomb

Mormon's cave

Hi folks! My mum told me this one a few years ago, and she still believes it. Here's the basics of it: The Mormons of Utah have a massive cave and they are carving everyones name into it, so future generations will think that once upon a time everyone was a Mormon. Now how they would get...
  29. Cherrybomb

June & Jennifer Gibbons (The 'Silent Twins')

Hi all Do we have a thread one the strange "Silent" twins June & Jennifer Gibbons? Thanks!
  30. Cherrybomb

Sunny Hill school??

Hi Can anyone help me? I vividly remember watching a documentary in the 1990's about a school in (I think) London that was called Sunny Hill, or maybe Sunny Side school. They let the children decide what they wanted to learn and let them run amock. I've googled but the great google god...
  31. Cherrybomb

Surrealist art

Please move if I've posted this in the wrong place Some really lovely pictures on here: http://www.talat.pl/ enjoy!
  32. Cherrybomb

Smell & Déjà vu

Hi all Ok this is a bit of a funny one, but does anyone else experience really strong déjà vu when they smell certain things? I get déjà vu from time to time, like most people. But sometimes I'll walk past a shop or whatever and smell something and I get such a strong déjà vu moment it...
  33. Cherrybomb

A New Moon? Turn Your Money Over!

Hi all, I was talking to an older lady the other day at work about folklore & she said her mother always said the following - "If there's a New moon turn your money over!" Has anyone else heard this? Any ideas as to what it means/where it comes from?
  34. Cherrybomb

Utopia

I'm hooked and can't wait for the second episode, anyone else enjoyi it? http://www.channel4.com/programmes/utop ... e/series-1 The Utopia Experiments is a legendary graphic novel shrouded in mystery. But when a small group of previously unconnected people find themselves in possession of...
  35. Cherrybomb

Mummifying Alan

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/mumm ... ast-secret A team of scientists attempt to mummify a specially-donated body in order to understand Ancient Egyptian mummification techniques This is such a great documentary, a bit gorey in parts, but also quite moving.
  36. Cherrybomb

Some Creepy Videos From Cracked.Com

I'm not usually a fan of cracked.com, but here's some nice creepy videos from them just in time for Halloween! 8) http://www.cracked.com/article_20089_th ... be_p2.html enjoy!
  37. Cherrybomb

Wiltshire's Long Knoll To Become 'Breast-Shaped Illumination'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19959992 A Wiltshire hill is to be transformed into a giant illuminated breast to mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Bruce Munro, a Wiltshire-based light artist, is installing a glowing 5m (16ft) by 3m (10ft) dome on the top of Long Knoll in Kilmington...
  38. Cherrybomb

Dreams of a life

I'm sure I read about this sad case on this forum at some point, however I thought I'd just say, this film - although sad - is rather interesting. Her body wasn’t discovered for three years, surrounded by Christmas presents she had been wrapping, and with the TV still on. Newspaper reports...
  39. Cherrybomb

Do You Ever "Ask For" Forteana?

Do any of you lovely Forteans ever "ask" out loud for strange things to happen? I did yesterday, (I was off work ill & feeling bored, so I said out loud "If there is anything out there, let me see you") nothing odd has happend, sadly! :( But has anyone else ever asked to see something...
  40. Cherrybomb

Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel Is Bad! (Put On Tinfoil Hats Now!)

Hi, Some lads at my work were chatting this morning about how anti bac hand gel - which is used in hospitals, etc - is being sent out and promoted by "them" to give us even more of a resistance to anti bac drugs. They think that it's part of the NWO's plans, so that in a few years "they" can...
  41. Cherrybomb

Green & Blue

I was told as a kid that you never wear green & blue together. My mum had 2 different sayings on this topic: Green & blue will never do, and Blue & green should never be seen. Why? She claims it's bad luck :roll: Anyone else heard of this?
  42. Cherrybomb

A woman's history of vaginal orgasm is discernible from her

I found this rather interesting: Link:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18637995 A woman's history of vaginal orgasm is discernible from her walk. Nicholas A, Brody S, de Sutter P, de Carufel F. SourceUniversité Catholique de Louvain, Institut d'études de la famille et de la sexualité...
  43. Cherrybomb

UFO dream

Ok, I usually dream in UV & it's not very often about anything exciting, however, last night I had a dream that I was in my hometown of Penzance, watching UFO's. It was in full colour (very odd for me) & it was so real, I'm still trying to shake it off. It went something like this: I was...
  44. Cherrybomb

Crossing Fingers When An Ambulance Passes

The "doffing a hat when a funeral procession passes" thread has inspired me to think about a strange thing my Grandmother used to do. She would cross her fingers whenever an ambulance passed her. She would do it at home or out and about, and I remember her saying that she shouldn't uncross them...
  45. Cherrybomb

Cornish UFO

Ok, so this is a story my Mum has told me many times, sorry it's a bit FOAF-ish, I've been meaning to post it for a while & I'll try and get more details if anyone's interested... In the mid-1970's my Mother lived in a small village in west Penwith, Cornwall, called Heamoor. One night she...
  46. Cherrybomb

A Moment Of Silence Bomb Warning?

Morning! Something I kind of remember from my 1980's childhood, was that if there was a break on the radio, and nothing but silence for a minute it ment a bomb had been dropped and was to give warning, to those of us further out to hide/escape. Anyone else remember this? Was it a UL?
  47. Cherrybomb

Drains

Just wondered if anyone else had a fear of drains? It's one of mine and I don't think I've ever met anyone else who has this fear. It's a childhood fear that's stayed with me, but I can't shake it. I think it's because they are creepy, dark, dirty places, where "things" can lurk. :cross eye...
  48. Cherrybomb

Lots of large beasts

Mr. Cherrybomb and myself moved to a new house last Autumn, and almost right away we noticed that there are several unusually large animals in our new garden/local area. Our house has a garden, which backs onto some unused land (as do all the other gardens in our part of the street), and on...
  49. Cherrybomb

Man Shoots Nail Into Brain Without Noticing

A suburban Chicago man accidentally shot a 3.25in (8.25cm) nail into his skull but is recovering after doctors successfully removed it from the centre of his brain. Dante Autullo, 34, was in his workshop when a nail gun recoiled near his head. But he had no idea the nail had entered his...
  50. Cherrybomb

Fortean Dream

I have just woken up from a nap in which I had a dream that was rather odd but which I have to share! I haven't felt well all day so I took a nap, I dreamt that I was visited by four men, all dressed in black with breathing apparatus masks covering their faces. I was lying on the bed and one...
Back