• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Floyd

Paranormal: The Girl, The Ghost And The Gravestone (Penyffordd Farm)

A new documentary about the Penyffordd Farm hauntings: A child's gravestone in the garden, a monk-like figure supposedly appearing over a sleeping baby and words carved on walls... all reported at a house once known as the UK's most haunted. About 300 apparent paranormal phenomena was...
  2. Floyd

Mushroom Lunch Deaths: Family Meal Mystery In Australia

Two Saturdays ago, five people sat down for a family meal in a tiny Australian town. Within a week, three would be dead, a fourth fighting for life, and the fifth under investigation for potentially poisoning her guests with wild mushrooms. But the 48-year-old woman who cooked the lunch says...
  3. Floyd

Codebreakers Have Finally Deciphered The Lost Letters Of Mary, Queen Of Scots

Mary Queen of Scots: Secret letters written during imprisonment decoded. Secret letters written in code by Mary, Queen of Scots during her imprisonment in England have been uncovered and decoded by a team of cryptographers. The documents, which were believed to have been lost, were found in...
  4. Floyd

Saudi Arabia

Well it seems something is going on there. The 2012 Saudi Arabia mass trespasses, known by its instigators as The National Day to Invade Dwelling Places of Jinn (Arabic: اليوم العالمي لغزو الجن, romanized: al-Yawm al-ʿĀlamī Liġazū al-Jinn) was a campaign by a group of several Saudi paranormal...
  5. Floyd

What Could Affect Time To Charge A Phone?

@Coal (or anyone else) MrsF works in an old building which has been converted into offices. The guy who owns the property is a tightwad - very low wattage bulbs in all the light fittings so you can't see properly, radiators not working etc. When she charges her phone up there, it takes ages...
  6. Floyd

Y2K / Year 2000 / Millennium Panic & Preparation

You've got to admit though that the 'millennium bug' actually did occur- traffic lights failed and planes fell out of the sky...., er no, wait that didn't happen either....
  7. Floyd

Belgium

Oi! Poirot, mayo with chips, moules frites and Tintin...... That's all I've got.
  8. Floyd

Synching Guns & Propellers In Warplanes

How they work fascinates me. The precision timing that has to take place is akin to the gun that fired rounds in between the blades of the aeroplane's propeller.
  9. Floyd

Not So New: Overestimating Recency Of Innovations & Issues

Not sure if this really fits in here- but it often makes me say wtf; It's to do with things said in old films/programmes that seem way ahead of their time- (so sort of Fortean-ish I suppose). Eg. Saw a film from the early 1950s the other day and the RAF officer says something like ''Now listen...
  10. Floyd

Victor Goddard's "Paraphysical" UFO Explanation

Just wondering what anyone thinks to Victor Goddards theories; On 3 May 1969, Goddard gave a talk on UFOs at Caxton Hall in London, in which he said: https://allaboutheaven.org/observations/air-marshal-sir-victor-goddard-ufos-as-apported-beings-024905/221 ...while it may be that some operators...
  11. Floyd

The Ray Alan Time-Slip Case (Chesterfield; 1969)

As an aside; I have often thought of a story I heard Ray Alan (ventiloquist) once tell many years ago. (I am sure I haven't made this up, although I have not been able to find any evidence of the interview). In the late 60's he was touring around the country doing his ventriloquist act, when one...
Back