• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Amityville Horror: Where Do You Stand?

Did Something Supernatural Happen in Amityville?

• No, it's a Hoax all the way and the Lutz family lied through their teeth

Votes: 43 46.2%
  • No, but the Lutz family convinced themselves & the Warrens it was real over the years

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Yes, but it wasn't at all to the level of the book, just a minor haunting

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Yes, and it was exactly what was in the book

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Yes, but only the psychic impressions of the case were real - no material haunting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ha, we had to ban that nutcase from our Amityville forum a while back - she (I believe it was a woman) could never stick to the same story, but it always involved the government, and their secret mind weapons.

This sounds bonkers but, still, ... how come nobody heard any of mad Ron's gunshots including both seemingly the victims inside the house as he went from room to room and the people outside?

Only good thing about the remake film was Ryan Reynolds without his top on....... :D

ryan-reynolds-holding-axe-at-amityville-horror.jpg
Lest anyone has forgotten! No need to thank me!

To be fair, as a straight man, I'd prefer to look at that picture for the next hour and a half rather than have to watch the remake again ..

Swifty, I'll do the looking at the above picture. Then you will be free to go and do something else. No, don't thank me, I'll suffer so you don't have to :)

Thanks, my eyes were starting to go all runny ... Have fun :)

Last edited:
Weirdest/stupidest thing in the Amityville remake was when out of the blue they killed the dog. It was like they thought, "Well, it's a true story so we can't kill any of the people, but who's gonna miss the pooch? Bring me the axe!"

Just saw this posted on Facebook, I don't think Art Bell is as well known over here in the U.K. as he is in the US fortean community, his programmes are really good though, I got into listening to old episodes of his radio show Coast to Coast AM which has been presented by someone else since 2002 according to the quote below.

Thursday, October 27, 2016
Art Bell interviewed George Lutz from The legendary house of horror, Amityville!
Art Bell interviewed, George Lutz it was he and his family that lived through it. This was Arts last show as host of C2C, 12.27.2002.

http://thecryptoblast.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/art-bell-interviewed-george-lutz-from.html

Alice Cooper with an Amityville Horror coda...
Have you ever had an experience with the paranormal in the traditional sense of the word?

Yes. It was a very odd thing. Joe Perry and I were writing songs for this movie called Monster Dog [which came out in 1984] at an old house in Copake, New York. Every time I would put something down – I'd go in the other room, I'd come back – it was in some other place. It was more playful than scary. We were both just out of rehab so we figured we were just insane. But when the two road guys said, "Jeez, I know I put 'em there and they were on the other side of the room when I came back."

That night at dinner, there's a basement right under us and it sounds like somebody's moving furniture down there. It's not just a bump or a little thing: It sounds like 20 people are moving furniture. And it's not like the movies where you go, "Let's go see what that is." It was more like, "Do you know where the car keys are?" We got out of there that night.

Then I asked my manager, Shep [Gordon], "What is it with your house up in Copake?" And he said, "Oh, the guy wrote Amityville Horror there." He said, "My mom had a dinner party there one night where the dining table moved a foot to the left with everybody sitting there." I went, "And you were gonna tell me this when?" So yeah, that was paranormal. I can't explain any of that.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...anormal-caitlyn-jenner-reuniting-band-w494001

A video by Paranormal Scholar about the case

Couldn't help but note that when Daniel (who does seem quite disturbed by something (no evidence of demonic possession )) is encouraged by the interviewer to corroborate the terrifying 'Jody the Pig at the window' incident(s) his phraseology is suspect: he says something like, "[much hesitation throughout]...it would have been what looked like a cartoon character of an angry pig with wolf-like teeth".

I'm not sure if that is an Americanism, but to my ears it smacks of a subconscious inability to commit himself to the absolute truth of what he's describing, or even that he's been persuaded (by himself or by outside influences) to describe an event he's read or heard of elsewhere as a real experience.

I watched 'My Amityville Horror' the other week, wow, Danny Lutz is an angry man.

Not sure if it persuaded me of anything other than the unrealiability of memory. Very hard to take in the concept that George was some kind of super mind warrior with the ability to spontaneously manifest telekinesis, but it's fairly clear there are some real deep seated bad feelings that Danny has for his step father.

My Amityville Horror is now an extra on the new Blu-ray steelbook of The Amityville Horror (1979 movie) along with more extras than the average Amityville obsessive could shake a stick at.

At the time the complaint about the 70s film was that nothing all that bad happened to the family, they just freaked each other out and ran away, but Daniel Lutz has certainly suffered since.

I watched 'My Amityville Horror' the other week, wow, Danny Lutz is an angry man.

Not sure if it persuaded me of anything other than the unrealiability of memory. Very hard to take in the concept that George was some kind of super mind warrior with the ability to spontaneously manifest telekinesis, but it's fairly clear there are some real deep seated bad feelings that Danny has for his step father.

Inside the house in 2010 @2:20 onwards

Last edited:
'My Amityville Horror' is free to watch now on Youtube .. my thoughts on watching it include the factors that, let's say Daniel's telling the truth (as he remembers it and no doubt after a ton of medication to this date), his experiences would be enough to make any person go a bit mad which could also create a comfort zone for people these days saying "so it's just madness then, it's all bullshit because he's now a bit mad." .. an interesting watch either way ..

Last edited:
That film's more an indictment of terrible parenting than a reliable source of supernatural proof, the way I saw it. Poor guy was really suffering from his past abuse.

That film's more an indictment of terrible parenting than a reliable source of supernatural proof, the way I saw it. Poor guy was really suffering from his past abuse.
He's definitely messed up, the thing that really creeps me out is that, the abuse by bad parenting aside, what if he's actually telling the truth about the supernatural side of it ? .. you'd expect George and Kathy to keep up a lie (if it was) for profit when they were alive but what does Danny stand to make from it nowadays ?

He's definitely messed up, the thing that really creeps me out is that, the abuse by bad parenting aside, what if he's actually telling the truth about the supernatural side of it ? .. you'd expect George and Kathy to keep up a lie (if it was) for profit when they were alive but what does Danny stand to make from it nowadays ?

Well, he's made a film about it! Which he would be making a profit from if it weren't on YouTube (!).

But I got the impression he really needed to believe he was a survivor of a haunting, because if the (convincing) tales of his parents making it all up were true, this would make his life a sham and himself a sucker for promoting it (to say the least). So the poor guy is stuck peddling the same stories all his life, even though they have been exposed as on shaky ground.

Well, he's made a film about it! Which he would be making a profit from if it weren't on YouTube (!).

But I got the impression he really needed to believe he was a survivor of a haunting, because if the (convincing) tales of his parents making it all up were true, this would make his life a sham and himself a sucker for promoting it (to say the least). So the poor guy is stuck peddling the same stories all his life, even though they have been exposed as on shaky ground.
I've no idea if it's all in his head and/or he's deliberately cashing in on the lies from his childhood .. that's certainly more believable than the paranormal stuff.

This doc is the ONLY time Danny has spoken about the story - plus I don't think he'd have any problem exposing his step-father as a liar if he felt nothing happened at that house.

It's pretty much been consistently occupied since 1977.

The first owners after the Lutzes - The Cromerties - had to put up with the first waves of onlookers, as they owned the house during the release of the book, then the movie, which made them temporally move out and employ a house-sitter. So yeah, while the movie was scaring people at cinemas, one guy was sleeping in the real house... alone!

https://www.facebook.com/wpixarchives/videos/1841440136100483/

- although he is having a friend over in that clip, the wuss!

It's pretty much been consistently occupied since 1977.

The first owners after the Lutzes - The Cromerties - had to put up with the first waves of onlookers, as they owned the house during the release of the book, then the movie, which made them temporally move out and employ a house-sitter. So yeah, while the movie was scaring people at cinemas, one guy was sleeping in the real house... alone!

https://www.facebook.com/wpixarchives/videos/1841440136100483/

- although he is having a friend over in that clip, the wuss!
I'd love to learn where, more truthfully, own the original 'eye' windows from the front of the house .. how far has anyone got in tracking those down SB or were they just dumped ?

Last edited:
I'd hope they weren't just dumped. But the likelihood of any window which was removed to be replaced surviving is kinda slim. They are iconic though. So it would be great if they did survive.

You know, provided owning them didn't conjure up some kind of pig-daemon.

I'd hope they weren't just dumped. But the likelihood of any window which was removed to be replaced surviving is kinda slim. They are iconic though. So it would be great if they did survive.

You know, provided owning them didn't conjure up some kind of pig-daemon.
Someone somewhere might still have them .. someone privately owns the JFK Texas school book depository window and frame apparently.

edit: I've just tried to search for the pic of the window itself insitu with the private collector but have just found this instead LOL

https://www.jfkwindowanddoor.com

I'd love to learn where, more truthfully, own the original 'eye' windows from the front of the house .. how far has anyone got in tracking those down SB or were they just dumped ?
The O'Neil family (87'-'97) had them changed, and a documentary crew heard they kept them (not that they said anything publicly to confirm this.) Sad follow up - the son who lived in the house went on to work at the WTC and died on 9/11.

Back