• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Big Blue Man and Other Anomalous Bigfoot Individuals​

"By far the most popular and well-known cryptid is Bigfoot, also known as the Sasquatch and many other regional names. These creatures have been spotted in many places all over the world, and generally have a very similar appearance. Human-like, with ape features, tall, muscular, with dark brown to black hair covering their bodies. However, it seems that this is not always the case, and that there is some variation or even other species of this popular image of Bigfoot. Here we will look at some of the stranger types of Bigfoot that have been seen in the wilds, proving to be even odder than their brethren."

Full article:

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2024/01/The-Big-Blue-Man-and-Other-Anomalous-Bigfoot-Individuals/

Anyone got any genuine photographs of bigfoot? Anywhere?
I don't have a photo of a ghost, UFO, time-slip, werewolf or a poltergeist either. But that won't stop me being endlessly fascinated by the accounts from people who have witnessed all of these. Neither will it stop me from popping over to Metabunk and reading the work of people who are confirmed skeptics.

I don't have a photo of a ghost, UFO, time-slip, werewolf or a poltergeist either. But that won't stop me being endlessly fascinated by the accounts from people who have witnessed all of these. Neither will it stop me from popping over to Metabunk and reading the work of people who are confirmed skeptics.
That's true but those you listed aren't flesh and blood animals,Squatch is supposed to be, so many sightings but nada in proof.

How would we know if it is genuine?
Something like this would do,or a trail-cam pic.
800px-Gorille_des_plaines_de_l'ouest_à_l'Espace_Zoologique.jpg

That's true but those you listed aren't flesh and blood animals,Squatch is supposed to be, so many sightings but nada in proof.
But is it? Many researchers started out with this belief and have come to the conclusion Bigfoot is as paranormal as ghosts are

Something like this would do,or a trail-cam pic.
View attachment 73774

But mountain gorillas were once considered to be mythical monsters:

"4. Gorilla — I bet you didn’t expect to see gorillas on this list! In fact, most European explorers thought that gorillas were “monster-like.” The first attributed sighting of a gorilla by a non-African was made in the 5th century BC by Greek explorer Hanno. Most scientists today believe Hanno was describing either chimpanzees or baboons from his account. However, his interpreters called the creatures that he saw “gorillae” (interesting, right?).

Another explorer, Andrew Battel, recounted seeing human-like “monsters” visit his campfire every morning after he left for the day. Of course, he had to mention they didn’t know how to put more wood on the fire to keep it going. Yet, gorillas remained cryptids until 1847, when Thomas Savage found gorilla bones in Libera. He, alongside Harvard anatomist Jeffries Wyman, wrote a formal description of the new species, calling it Gorilla gorilla. A decade later, anthropologist Paul du Chaillu hunted live gorillas in order to obtain specimens to be analyzed. One gorilla species, the mountain gorilla (Gorilla beringei), stayed a cryptid until 1902, when German captain Robert von Berigne first identified one. "

https://blogs.iu.edu/sciu/2020/12/12/seven-cryptids-species/

But mountain gorillas were once considered to be mythical monsters:

"4. Gorilla — I bet you didn’t expect to see gorillas on this list! In fact, most European explorers thought that gorillas were “monster-like.” The first attributed sighting of a gorilla by a non-African was made in the 5th century BC by Greek explorer Hanno. Most scientists today believe Hanno was describing either chimpanzees or baboons from his account. However, his interpreters called the creatures that he saw “gorillae” (interesting, right?).

Another explorer, Andrew Battel, recounted seeing human-like “monsters” visit his campfire every morning after he left for the day. Of course, he had to mention they didn’t know how to put more wood on the fire to keep it going. Yet, gorillas remained cryptids until 1847, when Thomas Savage found gorilla bones in Libera. He, alongside Harvard anatomist Jeffries Wyman, wrote a formal description of the new species, calling it Gorilla gorilla. A decade later, anthropologist Paul du Chaillu hunted live gorillas in order to obtain specimens to be analyzed. One gorilla species, the mountain gorilla (Gorilla beringei), stayed a cryptid until 1902, when German captain Robert von Berigne first identified one. "

https://blogs.iu.edu/sciu/2020/12/12/seven-cryptids-species/
That was over 100 years ago, technology has shrank the world, trust me on that.

But is it? Many researchers started out with this belief and have come to the conclusion Bigfoot is as paranormal as ghosts are
Maybe, les Stroud despite doing a series on Bigfoot describes himself as a sceptic till he sees one in the flesh.

Dont close encounters describe something rather hairless and human looking?

Black skin for sure but definitely no ape?

Looks like a photoshopped gorilla to me. Having worked with gorillas it looks like somebody just altered the nose and put a little more hair on the lower face.
The video author is of the opinion that photoshop can't do that picture due to things like skin imperfections and not being able to create realistic hair. That used to be the case but not anymore, this woman (and the entire picture) is from ai generated video.

2024-02-19 18_48_48-OpenAI Sora in Action_ Tokyo Walk - YouTube.png

More on Sasquatch Sunset.
I... have no response to this other than to say the costuming does not seem great.

No new convincing evidence again? Let’s face it. We could all do a Bigfoot video at this stage.
Is there any truly convincing evidence of anything paranormal that cannot be explained away by some other explanation? Yet here we all are on the FTMB discussing many aspects of it. Is there any real evidence of time slips as an example?

I'm not discounting the point you are making. My point is that the paranormal is outside of main stream science and what they'd call evidence yet many peoples accounts point to something beyond science as it is now.

Maybe Bigfoot is a paranormal thing seen as something that isn't. The same as ABC's?

Yes, I'd love to see a genuine Bigfoot video at this stage that isn't blurred. Then if we did see one, it'd maybe then classed as AI, or a fake or someone in a body suit. We live in an age where the truth is getting harder to define.

Is there any truly convincing evidence of anything paranormal that cannot be explained away by some other explanation? Yet here we all are on the FTMB discussing many aspects of it. Is there any real evidence of time slips as an example?

I'm not discounting the point you are making. My point is that the paranormal is outside of main stream science and what they'd call evidence yet many peoples accounts point to something beyond science as it is now.

Maybe Bigfoot is a paranormal thing seen as something that isn't. The same as ABC's?

Yes, I'd love to see a genuine Bigfoot video at this stage that isn't blurred. Then if we did see one, it'd maybe then classed as AI, or a fake or someone in a body suit. We live in an age where the truth is getting harder to define.
The Old Ones here reckon that these 'anomalies' are inhabitants of the Dreaming, and that they can segue into our reality quite easily.

The same can happen to us.

It makes sense to me.

The Old Ones here reckon that these 'anomalies' are inhabitants of the Dreaming, and that they can segue into our reality quite easily.

The same can happen to us.

It makes sense to me.
We can segue into their reality in the Dreaming?

Back