• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Why not the full six feet? That would niggle me.

How would you lift it? The whisky alone weighs over 270 kilo's.

I don't mind a beer once in a while and I don't mind the occasional donut, however, mixing the two together?

Aussie Brewery Turns Thrown Away Donuts Into A Delicious New Beer​

donutbeer.jpg

Mash Brewing in the Swan Valley region of Perth has partnered up with sustainability start-up ‘Donut Waste’ to bring customers a socially and environmentally conscious craft beer.​

So, dust off those upcycled stubby holders and get sippin’.
Not only will sales from the new range help raise money for OzHarvest, which help feed thousands of Australians around the country, but Mash Brewing will also help to save your deliciously succulent doughnuts from ending up in landfill.
Your first question might be the same as mine…who is not eating all these doughnuts? It’s a simple question, but it’s answer may hurt you to the core. Because as a country we throw out a whopping 7.6 million tonnes of food per year, with at least 70 per cent of that still being perfectly edible. That’s a lot of dough!
https://10play.com.au/theproject/ar...nuts-into-a-delicious-new-beer/tpa220428qcnsk

I admit it sounds horrible, however worthy the aim of using up all those waste donuts.

On the other hand, it does not claim to be donut-flavoured beer.

I guess that the carbohydrates and sugars of this grist could be turned into a beer that isn't like candy.

The design on the can, however, implies that it will be. :dunno:

I believe they used to call them alcopops...

I admit it sounds horrible, however worthy the aim of using up all those waste donuts.

On the other hand, it does not claim to be donut-flavoured beer.

I guess that the carbohydrates and sugars of this grist could be turned into a beer that isn't like candy.

The design on the can, however, implies that it will be. :dunno:
There is something similar but not quite as decadent-sounding in the UK viz. beer made of leftover bread https://www.toastale.com/.

As the mountaineers say ... Because it's there ... :bored:
SOURCE (With Video): https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/0...gest-bottle-of-whiskey-auction/1571651171746/

Update ... The world's largest bottle of whiskey sold at auction for more than a million Euros.
World's largest bottle of whisky sells for €1.3m at auction

The world’s largest bottle of whisky, containing 311 litres of 32-year-old Macallan single malt, has sold at auction for more than £1m (€1.2m).

The 1.8 metre (5ft 11in) tall bottle, called The Intrepid, was bought by an anonymous, international buyer at Edinburgh-based auctioneers Lyon & Turnbull yesterday for £1.1m (€1.3m). ...
FULL STORY: https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2022/0526/1301237-worlds-largest-bottle-of-whisky-sells-for-1-3m/

A New Hampshire distillery has unveiled a new whiskey made with green crabs (an invasive species).
New Hampshire distillery turns invasive crabs into whiskey

A New Hampshire distillery unveiled a new whiskey with an unusual key ingredient -- invasive green crabs.

Tamworth Distilling said it teamed up with the University of New Hampshire's NH Green Crab Project to develop House of Tamworth Crab Trapper, which is billed as being "made with a bourbon base steeped with a custom crab, corn and spice blend mixture." ...

Steven Grasse, owner of Tamworth Distilling, said the developers boiled more than 90 pounds of the tiny crabs into a crab stock that was then fortified with Tamworth-made neutral grain spirits and distilled on a rotary vacuum.

"It has crab on the nose, for certain," Grasse told Forbes. He said the taste is like "a briny and better Fireball."

Green crabs are native to Europe and are considered an invasive threat to the New England ecosystem. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/0...sive-green-crabs-New-hampshire/6211655493631/

The thing is, if I was in Australia and I'd been cycling all day (or working in a warehouse in Sydney, which I did for a few months), that's exactly what I'd look for.

I usually drink wine but if I do have a beer at the end of a hard day, I want it cooooolllddd! And the first one always go down really well...
To quote my role model -
e4ca93dd-d32e-47ea-b8d3-f6c5d5e8e7eb_text.gif

I have come into possession of a particularly fine bottle of Hungarian Tokay (Tokaji).
I did some technical illustration work for a patent application and asked for payment in wine, rather than cash (not wanting to affect my tax status). So they gave me this bottle, worth almost £100.
2003-Istvan-Szepsy-Tokaji-Szamorodni-Daniel-1.png

It is not so famous these days but Tokaji was one of the most celebrated wines of Europe in the 19th Century. Schubert wrote songs in praise of it. It's usually a very sweet, dessert wine, like a Muscat, so Tokaji care, Mytho! That looks like a fine, rare bottle!

From time to time, over here, Lidl - I think - offer a dry Tokaji, as one of their seasonal-regional offers. I should try it! :)

It is not so famous these days but Tokaji was one of the most celebrated wines of Europe in the 19th Century. Schubert wrote songs in praise of it. It's usually a very sweet, dessert wine, like a Muscat, so Tokaji care, Mytho! That looks like a fine, rare bottle!

From time to time, over here, Lidl - I think - offer a dry Tokaji, as one of their seasonal-regional offers. I should try it! :)
I'm scared to drink it now!

Maybe they self-IDed as 21.

During what sounds like a routine sweep of Madison, Wisconsin's downtown bars, one establishment was found to have 98.5% of its customers too young to be drinking. Somehow 137 of 143 patrons were underage.

We Are Green Bay:

According to the Madison Police Department, during the evening of September 1, a proactive enforcement of liquor laws in the downtown area was conducted. Multiple bars were visited and the establishments were reportedly cooperative with officers.
However, at one particular bar, 137 individuals were cited for underage alcohol consumption and false identification violations. A total of 143 individuals were contacted and only six of them were over 21 or older.

https://boingboing.net/2022/09/07/137-underage-patrons-were-cited-at-one-wisconsin-bar.html

Maybe they self-IDed as 21.

During what sounds like a routine sweep of Madison, Wisconsin's downtown bars, one establishment was found to have 98.5% of its customers too young to be drinking. Somehow 137 of 143 patrons were underage.

We Are Green Bay:

https://boingboing.net/2022/09/07/137-underage-patrons-were-cited-at-one-wisconsin-bar.html
I'd just point out the French have one of the most sensible attitudes to alcohol in the world and many of them introduce their children to drink - wine with meals - in small quantities as children.

I'd suggest the older that they are introduced to alcohol the more people (used to be male, but now both sexes) are inclined to use it to excess as previously forbidden fruit. And that applies even to people in religions that are supposed to eschew the use of alcohol, if once , for whatever reason, they get started.

A costly mistake for James Watt.

The boss of Brewdog has said he has paid out almost £500,000 to winners of the company's misleading "solid gold" beer can promotion.

James Watt said he made "some costly mistakes" in a promotion which offered people the chance to find a solid gold can hidden in cases in 2021. Some winners questioned the worth of the cans and complained after discovering they were gold-plated.

Mr Watt admitted he "falsely thought" the cans were made from solid gold. The co-founder and chief executive of the Scottish Brewer said he "misunderstood the process of how they were made" and made a "silly mistake" by telling customers in initial promotional tweets that the cans were "solid gold cans".

After some winners complained to the Advertising Standards Authority, the watchdog in October 2021 upheld the complaints and said three adverts were misleading.

"Those were 3 very expensive mistaken tweets that I sent out in my enthusiasm for our new campaign," Mr Watt said in a post on LinkedIn on Saturday. "The Gold Can saga was headline news. We were made to look dishonest and disingenuous and we took a real hammering online and in the press. Deservedly so. My initial tweets had been misleading and we deserved the flak," he added.

Mr Watt said that because it was his error, he had contacted all 50 gold can winners to offer them the "full cash amount" as an alternative to the prize if they were unhappy. All in all, it ended up costing me around £470,000 - well over 2 and a half years' salary," he added.

In his post, the Brewdog boss revealed he now owned 40 of the gold cans.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64210355

Meanwhile, in Manchester ..

Houseboat weighed down by cans of Carling sinks​

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...sedgntp&cvid=92441d6213f04d4c82ed6e37ebbd19da
I saw this story & suspected it was over egged. Sure enough when you read the details

A box of Carling lager, a pair of old trainers & bottles of beer were strewn inside the houseboat
It’s sounds like naff all & not enough to sink a sound boat. It must’ve had an unsealed leak in the hull somewhere. The beer is incidental.

‘Leaky Boat Sinks’ not so click-worthy though.

It doesn’t look like a houseboat either. More of a cabin cruiser.

I saw this story & suspected it was over egged. Sure enough when you read the details

It’s sounds like naff all & not enough to sink a sound boat. It must’ve had an unsealed leak in the hull somewhere. The beer is incidental.

‘Leaky Boat Sinks’ not so click-worthy though.

It doesn’t look like a houseboat either. More of a cabin cruiser.
At least it was only Carling hunk. No tears shed. My Dad used to own a small canal boat, he called it 'The Leaky Tiki' (after the Kon Tiki) and would only allow John Smith's bitter onboard.

At least it was only Carling hunk. No tears shed. My Dad used to own a small canal boat, he called it 'The Leaky Tiki' (after the Kon Tiki) and would only allow John Smith's bitter onboard.
John Smith’s?… That’s not much better than Carling. I hope you had a word with him about it..

Back