Bricks, Dung, Sharks & Unmade Beds: The World Of 'Modern Art'

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
not just sexy.... REALLY sexy!

and yes, he and Geena Davis make Earth Girls Are Easy one of my most watched films!
I prefer Earth Girls Are Easy with Dan Akroyd .. and he had a pet dog in it called Dave. Best name ever for a dog. :)

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
A life-size wooden statue of US first lady Melania Trump has been unveiled in her birth country of Slovenia, but not everyone is pleased with it.
The sculpture was erected next to the Sava River in the village of Rozno, around 8km from Mrs Trump's hometown of Sevnica.

It was commissioned by Brad Downey, a Berlin-based American artist, and sculpted with a chainsaw by local folk artist Ales Zupevc.

https://news.sky.com/story/melania-...ed-close-to-her-hometown-in-slovenia-11757738

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
A life-size wooden statue of US first lady Melania Trump has been unveiled in her birth country of Slovenia, but not everyone is pleased with it.
The sculpture was erected next to the Sava River in the village of Rozno, around 8km from Mrs Trump's hometown of Sevnica.

It was commissioned by Brad Downey, a Berlin-based American artist, and sculpted with a chainsaw by local folk artist Ales Zupevc.

https://news.sky.com/story/melania-...ed-close-to-her-hometown-in-slovenia-11757738
It's awful!
What's the betting that a local sets light to it?

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
That is............sorry, I got nothing

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Given Downey's surrealistic orientation in devising his own street art, I suspect the abject crudeness of the Melania log statue is a deliberate feature (i.e., an intrinsic part of the concept or plan).

This is not to say I've figured out what (if any ... ) particular implication this characteristic was intended to convey.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
As highlighted in the latest FT, the work of modern artist Stephanie Leigh Rose, examples at her site:
Stefdies Site

She says she got sick of selfies everywhere and tried to make hers... a little different. Basically, she pretends to be dead at tourist locations and gets photos of her inert pose. I think she's really funny, but she justifies herself in some pretty high-falutin' prose. It's definitely NOT planking, though.

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
As highlighted in the latest FT, the work of modern artist Stephanie Leigh Rose, examples at her site:
Stefdies Site

She says she got sick of selfies everywhere and tried to make hers... a little different. Basically, she pretends to be dead at tourist locations and gets photos of her inert pose. I think she's really funny, but she justifies herself in some pretty high-falutin' prose. It's definitely NOT planking, though.
To be truly authentic she needs to be "found by a man walking his dog".