Coincidences

joeosker

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Our pub internet juke box plays a random tune after its turned on , saturday night it picked "lone ranger " by Quntum jump , also the first tune I picked , as theres no speaker were the juke box is , I could here a song start playing in the bar , but not clearly enough to recognise it ,

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
The police are never interested if you ring and I didn't catch the number plate although I think the car belonged to the ministry house.
Once when working a night shift I heard a car crash. By the time I was outside to look the car was reversing noisily off the pole and sign it had demolished, leaving scraped-off red paint and a bit of wreckage behind.
The police came and asked if I had the number. I handed over the actual numberplate.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Here's a good'un.

A nephew of the ex died in infancy and is buried with the ex's maternal grandparents.

I know where the grave is but I don't visit.
However, I was recently thinking about little Daniel for some reason and had the urge to take flowers.

Today I took the flowers and noticed that the Granndad died on this date, 70 years ago. Escet's birthday. Not only that, but he was also 38, which is Escet's age.

I had to pedal off to the next town and take a stiff swig of squash!

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Here's a good'un.

A nephew of the ex died in infancy and is buried with the ex's maternal grandparents.

I know where the grave is but I don't visit.
However, I was recently thinking about little Daniel for some reason and had the urge to take flowers.

Today I took the flowers and noticed that the Granndad died on this date, 70 years ago. Escet's birthday. Not only that, but he was also 38, which is Escet's age.

I had to pedal off to the next town and take a stiff swig of squash!
Young to be a grandfather.

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
Reaction score
It's possible to be a grandparent by the time one is thirty, tho' it's not recommended.

Peripart

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I was watching BBC breakfast news this morning, and there was a story about British Airways retiring their remaining 2 jumbo jets.

I glanced at the clock, and rather pleasingly, it was exactly 13 minutes to 8.

I'll leave that with you a minute.

Last edited:

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
There's nothing that says he had to live long enough to see his grandchildren. Once he'd sired one child, he was basically all set to achieve grandparent status, even if posthumously.
Yes - I was thinking he was alive.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
This morning a friend sent me Facebook message saying someone'd told him he knew me and would send a photo to prove it. I hadn't heard of this mutual friend so I looked up the name; no faces rang a bell.

The friend then sent me the photo which was of an item of food that sounds like the name. (A 'Mr Q. Cumber' type of thing.)

I'd been had! :chuckle:

Sent the joke onto another friend who lives miles away. She rang me right away as she actually knows someone of that ridiculous name.

What're the chances, eh! :eek:

Meechyemoo

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
This morning a friend sent me Facebook message saying someone'd told him he knew me and would send a photo to prove it. I hadn't heard of this mutual friend so I looked up the name; no faces rang a bell.

The friend then sent me the photo which was of an item of food that sounds like the name. (A 'Mr Q. Cumber' type of thing.)

I'd been had! :chuckle:

Sent the joke onto another friend who lives miles away. She rang me right away as she actually knows someone of that ridiculous name.

What're the chances, eh! :eek:
My mum did this to me with Scott Chegge. She ruined the joke by sending me a random picture of face inside a scotch egg first though.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I'm at work and was irritating the guys (they tolerate me lol) by humming part of a song tune and asking them what is the song, who sings that? Of course I could only hum a couple of bars with nothing coming to mind.

I asked the one gentleman if I could change the tv station to a music station to liven up the day. He's been watching the snow come down saying "gddnm" every half an hour and that's what I also have been thinking.

He agreed and when I put on the 80's channel, a few songs later, the one I was thinking of was Aha!

Lol

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I'm at work and was irritating the guys (they tolerate me lol) by humming part of a song tune and asking them what is the song, who sings that? Of course I could only hum a couple of bars with nothing coming to mind.

I asked the one gentleman if I could change the tv station to a music station to liven up the day. He's been watching the snow come down saying "gddnm" every half an hour and that's what I also have been thinking.

He agreed and when I put on the 80's channel, a few songs later, the one I was thinking of was Aha!

Lol
Actually, it's one of the few music videos that I enjoy. When most music videos became more of just the singers singing and less of any attempt at creativity, I quickly bored of them. I have seen few music videos. I kind of tuned them out following Michael Jackson's Thriller. Now THAT'S a music video.

Krepostnoi

That's the way to do it
Reaction score

Lol
The buses in Ho Chi Minh city part the streams of motorcycles like sharks swimming through shoals of fish. One morning, a bus driver played exactly that riff on the horn as he ploughed his furrow down the main road. It drove me crazy, I couldn't place it for days.

Beresford

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
The other day I was in the house and started singing the first verse of The Show Must Go On to myself. About twenty seconds later the Amazon advert which features a version of said song came on the the TV.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
About an hour ago, I was browsing on here and found a clip of an old Spike Milligan show, making fun of the odd tribe of Cock-on-Knees. It featured the famous rhyming-slang apples & pears = stairs.

Now, Radio 4 is repeating an old Just a Minute show. The first round has the subject "Apples & Pears!"

I think I can post this before the round ends! o_O

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I have a kitchen gadget that I use a lot but is getting past it. Bought a newer one at the weekend for £5 from a Facebook seller. Today a friend offered me one identical to the newer one, so I now have three!

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It's possible to be a grandparent by the time one is thirty, tho' it's not recommended.
I was 48 when the first of the four grandsons dropped in. I thought that was young, but then realised my wayward sister delivered my first nephew when my mum was 37.

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
Reaction score
I recently ordered an item that features a large image of an octopus. The day it arrived was the day I heard the Netflix special "My Octopus Teacher" announced on the radio.
No, I don't subscribe to any streaming video--