• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Creepy Insomnia

My ex used to somehow twitch the duvet off both my feet in the night and leave them cold. I was so fed up about this, I threatened to buy myself a single bed and sleep on my own.

It suddenly stopped, how strange. :thought:
Wait, we were married?

a9cdeed8da7a94fb76bd0b542c0aa000.jpg

I awoke at 4am worrying about a carton of milk I left in my work locker last night.

As I'm off now for a few days I decided to pop over and retrieve it.

Good job, as it'd tipped over and leaked. Would have stunk the place out. :omg:

For once - thank you, Monkey Brain! :curt:

I awoke at 4am worrying about a carton of milk I left in my work locker last night.

As I'm off now for a few days I decided to pop over and retrieve it.

Good job, as it'd tipped over and leaked. Would have stunk the place out. :omg:

For once - thank you, Monkey Brain! :curt:
Yeah, you left it in your work locker...

Yeah, you left it in your work locker...
We have a Soft La' who plays daft tricks like chucking raw prawns behind the furniture.

He once wrote abusive messages on a wall, addressed to himself, which I identified as his own handiwork by their height.
People write on walls at their own eye-level and Soft La' is a shortarse. :wink2:

If a locker were found filled with smelly milk he'd get the blame. Tempting. :chuckle:

Hello Floyd old chap. I've discovered listening to Mrs DT talking about her day has worked wonders. I'm encouraging it more and more all to ensure a good nigjts kip lol
I'm joking of course. I've whisked her away for the weekend to start her 50th birthday celebrations bless her. Next stop Southwold. Just in the car now, should be there soon.

It is that Scargy. It has an interesting pier. Although I'm eyeing up the Adnams brewery as the main attraction lol. Mrs DT??? She'll be alright sitting on a park bench overlooking the sea with a cheese and pickle sandwich
Your missis sounds like a woman after me'own 'eart. :cool:

Hello Floyd old chap. I've discovered listening to Mrs DT talking about her day has worked wonders. I'm encouraging it more and more all to ensure a good nigjts kip lol
Just stare ahead and nod as if you are listening.

I occasionally make the mistake of asking ''Who the hell is Maria/Karen/Sarah/Graham'' etc etc, to be told ''I have mentioned them many times over the years''.

I'm joking of course. I've whisked her away for the weekend to start her 50th birthday celebrations bless her. Next stop Southwold. Just in the car now, should be there soon.
You could have a mosey over to Walberswick.
I mentioned on another thread that I stayed in a former Church converted into a holiday home at Walberswick that had something spooky about it.

https://the-chapel-walberswick.weebly.com/

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/former-mental-asylum-for-sale.60537/post-1862990

Last edited:
Just stare ahead and nod as if you are listening.

I occasionally make the mistake of asking ''Who the hell is Maria/Karen/Sarah/Graham'' etc etc, to be told ''I have mentioned them many times over the years''.
That can prove to be dangerous Floyd old man. One Saturday morning pre Covid, I was informed by Mrs DT that I had to be suited & booted and ready to go by 6pm. Why I asked, where sre we going?? Bob's surprise 50th birthday bash she replied.

WTF - when did I agree to this I asked.

Couple of weeks ago, on Sunday afternoon, when you'd come back from the pub and were laying on the sofa watching football she said.

I was gutted- I dont even like bloody Bob

That can prove to be dangerous Floyd old man. One Saturday morning pre Covid, I was informed by Mrs DT that I had to be suited & booted and ready to go by 6pm. Why I asked, where sre we going?? Bob's surprise 50th birthday bash she replied.

WTF - when did I agree to this I asked.

Couple of weeks ago, on Sunday afternoon, when you'd come back from the pub and were laying on the sofa watching football she said.

Ha! Yes, I often get 'reminded' of things I (allegedly) said back in *1962.

*I'm not really that old- but you get the picture.

What's a Parma violet gin? It sounds luscious. Chiefly because I love the color. Is Parma a brand name? Is it truly violet in color? Thanks.
I think you are located in the good ol US of A??
In Britain we have these little purple sweets called Parma violets. They are slightly sherbuty and have a taste of violets is the best way to describe them I suppose.

.WTF - when did I agree to this I asked.

And don't think we wimin don't know that you just smile and nod:). That works just fine for us:evil:

Ha! Yes, I often get 'reminded' of things I (allegedly) said back in *1962.

*I'm not really that old- but you get the picture.
My kids used to accuse me of the opposite. 'I TOLD you I needed to have all my football gear, riding equipment plus tack, sleeping bag etc washed so I could take them on Saturday!'
My answer always used to be 'ah, but did I HEAR you say it?' Usually followed by 'and wash it yourself, you lazy little scrote.'

I said that, if they wanted to tell me something, they had to engage my attention and make sure I was looking at them, not shout it at the back of my head as I dashed out of the room on my way to another task.

You could have a mosey over to Walberswick.
I mentioned on another thread that I stayed in a former Church converted into a holiday home at Walberswick that had something spooky about it.

https://the-chapel-walberswick.weebly.com/

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/former-mental-asylum-for-sale.60537/post-1862990
We’re off to Walberswick for a few days just after Easter. It’s Mrs DT actual 50th on the 13th.

I gave her options of a few days away in Dublin, Edinburgh, Paris, Berlin or Amsterdam and she chose bloody Walbserwick.

Still, it’s a nice part of the country and I’ve read about a ghostly legend of something the locals call the Walberswick Whisperers, which should be interesting. The rooms we have booked are at the Bell Inn – know anything of it Temp..?

We’re off to Walberswick for a few days just after Easter. It’s Mrs DT actual 50th on the 13th.

I gave her options of a few days away in Dublin, Edinburgh, Paris, Berlin or Amsterdam and she chose bloody Walbserwick.

Still, it’s a nice part of the country and I’ve read about a ghostly legend of something the locals call the Walberswick Whisperers, which should be interesting. The rooms we have booked are at the Bell Inn – know anything of it Temp..?
Last time we stayed in the chapel was 30+ years ago. It’s been improved since we were there. The very last night we ate in one of the two pubs in town and all six kids ended up throwing up all night. We spent the morning cleaning before going home.
Never heard of the Whisperer but Black Shuck was supposed to have been seen on the village green in times past.

Back