• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Do You Believe In Astrology?

Do you believe in astrology, and are you male or female?

• Yes I believe in astrolgy and am male.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Yes I believe in astrology and am female.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • I am undecided about astrology and am male.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • I am undecided about astrology and am female.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • I do not believe in astrology and am male.

Votes: 39 60.0%
  • I do not believe in astrology and am female.

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
A new slant on an old topic:

Written in the stars

Millions may pore over their daily star signs, but scientists have always dismissed astrology as a load of old bunk. Now, a British astronomer has said that there might be something in it after all. Could the planets really control our fates? Ian Sample investigates

Tuesday May 18, 2004
The Guardian

There can be few scientists brave enough to stick their heads above the academic parapet and claim to have found proof that, contrary to hundreds of years of scientific inquiry, the movement of heavenly bodies does, after all, affect how we behave down here on the ground.
But few scientists are Percy Seymour. In his latest book, The Scientific Proof of Astrology (not to be confused with his earlier tome of 1997, Scientific Basis of Astrology), the former Plymouth University astronomy lecturer, and member of the Royal Astronomical Society, argues that, while he does not believe in horoscopes, the movement of the sun, moon and various planets undoubtedly hold an influence over us. Could it be that countless devotees ranging from Charles de Gaulle to Ronald Reagan had it right when they kept one eye on the stars?

The argument Seymour puts forward is that the movement of the Sun, moon and sundry planets from Jupiter to Mars, interfere with the Earth's magnetic field. In doing so, the unborn offspring of expectant mothers around the world are exposed to different magnetic fields that toy with the development of their budding brains.

Seymour's suggestion that the stars and planets rule over us has largely been received with the shortest of shrifts. "All I can say is that I have yet to meet another scientist that agrees with his views," says Jacqueline Mitton of the Royal Astonomical Society. "It's right up there with stuff like crop circles being made by extra-terrestrials," says Robert Massey, astronomer at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, where Seymour worked as a planetarium lecturer in the early 70s.

Seymour's book is just the latest salvo in an ongoing battle that pits the vast majority of scientists, on one side, against the substantially fewer (but better paid) astrologists on the other. Most scientists are happy not to bother with research into astrology; to them astrology is among the worst manifestations of pseudoscience, worthy of as little intellectual expenditure as homeopathy. Others dabble with testing astrology's claims, while a few, such as Seymour, hop the fence of tradition completely to become scientist turned believer.

Michel Gauquelin started the ball rolling in earnest with his 1955 study of the so-called Mars effect. Put simply, it states that Mars is more likely to be in certain parts of the sky when top sports stars are born. The study caused a predictable furore, but did not stand up to the barrage of criticism that followed. "It was held up as a success for astrology, but when the results were looked at in close detail, and when the experiment was repeated, it fell apart," says Massey.

Since Gauquelin, a steady trickle of papers, have appeared, often reported in minor scientific journals. A study of the 1991/92 English football league suggested players were nearly twice as likely to be born between September and November than in the summer months. Fast bowlers, according to another study, were more likely to be born in the first half of the year. Earlier this year, Richard Wisemann, a psychologist at the University of Hertfordshire, published work suggesting summer babies were more likely to consider themselves lucky.

Most scientists dismiss Seymour's arguments simply because the changes in the Earth's magnetic field that he believes are so significant for our behaviour are so minute. The magnetic field, which is generated by the Earth's spinning molten iron core, is pathetically weak compared with the magnetic fields our gadgets and infrastructure produce. Earlier this year, the government's radiation watchdog, the National Radiological Protection Board, recommended that Britain cut magnetic field exposure from power lines to 100 microteslas, which is still twice the Earth's natural field strength.

The field is most disrupted by bad weather on the sun. A huge magnetic storm there releases clouds of particles that blast Earth. But at worst, these storms make the magnetic field waver by nothing more than 1% or 2%. As for seasonal changes that astrologers might unwittingly be picking up on, they do exist, but are so small as to be almost unmeasurable.

"If the Earth's magnetic field collapsed to zero, we'd get a higher dose of radiation from space and that would have an effect on our behaviour, but I don't think it would make it any easier to predict if you're going to come into money one week or the next," says Massey. "Your mobile phone, your television, your washing machine - any electrical equipment you have generates far stronger magnetic fields than the Earth's field."

While Seymour is widely seen as a scientist who has joined the defence of the astrologers, it was an ex-astrologer who helped deliver the most signifiant blow to the credibility of his former profession. Last year, Geoffrey Dean, who left astrology to become a scientist in Perth, carried out what is probably the most robust scientific investigation into astrology ever undertaken. He led a study of 2,000 people, most born within minutes of one another, and looked at more than 100 different characteristics, ranging from IQ to ability in art and sport, from anxiety levels to sociability and occupation - all of which astrologers claim are influenced by heavenly bodies. He found no evidence of the similarities that astrologers would have predicted.

But despite the intellectual mud-flinging that goes on between many astrologers and scientists, much to the latter's discomfort, science is too blunt a tool to definitively rule out that astrology is bunkum. Some scientists certainly believe there are valid questions to be asked. Dr Mike Hapgood, an expert in what astronomers refer to as "sun-Earth interactions" at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire, says we have no real data on how, if at all, magnetic fields might affecthuman behaviour. "There's an interesting question there and it's not something that is well understood," he says.

Hapgood argues that it could be folly to dismiss outlandish ideas too easily. "You need to do the science properly to find out anything solid. You don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. If anyone ever finds a cause, the subject will get out of it's trough and become truly interesting," he says.

The word "cause" is key. So far, studies that claim to support astrology point out correlations, merely observed links between one happening and another. But correlations do not always point to causes and effects. And with nothing else to go on, the nature of the real cause and effect can only be speculated upon. Can magnetic fields affect the way an unborn child's brain develops? Undoubtedly if the field is strong enough, but how strong is strong enough? And how do we know what difference those changes would make to behaviour? If a simple blast of magnetic field could turn your average unborn child into a future premiership footballer, neuroscientists would be tearing up text books quicker than you can say hippocampus.

The problem for those scientists keen on debunking astrology is that designing an experiment to prove one way or another whether the movement of the planets affects us is practically unachievable. With that in mind, some scientists, while privately laughing out loud at the suggestion that astrology could be for real, are publicly reluctant to dismiss it all together. "The difficulty for scientists is that we know the strangest sounding ideas can sometimes turn out to be true," says Mitton.

One of the few things that remains incontrovertible about astrology is its popularity. Mystic Meg et al don't need to look up their stars to know if they're going to be in the money or sleeping on the streets come Wednesday. Salaries for top players, among them Jonathan Cainer and Russell Grant, are reported to stretch to seven figures, once takings from related phone lines and websites are accounted for. And Seymour, with this, his second book on science and astrology, has undoubtedly benefited from the eagerness of people to give up their money for a heavenly belief.

The popularity of astrology, is to some at least, driven by a need for a substitute for religion, a desire to believe that life is reassuringly out of one's hands. "When you have the decline of organised religion in the conventional sense, you get people looking for other things, whether it's Californian crystals or a daily horoscope. It provides some kind of psychological prop. I have no wish to suppress it, I just don't think it's a useful way of interpreting the world," says Massey.

But there is one certainty that we can predict in confidence: Seymour's book will not be the end of the argument. While there is no proof that either side can trumpet, there will be noises made. "Maybe being born in the summer gives you a predisposition to a certain type of behaviour, I don't know. But I do know it's highly unlikely to have anything to do with where Mars, Saturn, Jupiter or Venus are in the sky that night," says Massey.

Astrology is just another ancient superstition. Anyone who gives it any credence needs to get their critical thinking gland checked.

Yes, I'm judgemental, but the idea is so ludicrious I can't give any respect to it in this day and age.

Edit- Oh, didn't realize this thread was so old. I think i even voted on it ages ago.

ps. I'm a Virgo.

The food that a pregnant women would eat used to be seasonal. The climate is seasonal. It isn't a huge stretch to suggest that these influences may affect the development of an unborn child. What seems unlikely, however, is that any of the planets, other than the earth, have any influence on it. :)

Bio-strology

ringwraith-
Guardian :"Since Gauquelin, a steady trickle of papers, have appeared, often reported in minor scientific journals. A study of the 1991/92 English football league suggested players were nearly twice as likely to be born between September and November than in the summer months. Fast bowlers, according to another study, were more likely to be born in the first half of the year. Earlier this year, Richard Wisemann, a psychologist at the University of Hertfordshire, published work suggesting summer babies were more likely to consider themselves lucky."

Fortis-
"The food that a pregnant women would eat used to be seasonal. The climate is seasonal. It isn't a huge stretch to suggest that these influences may affect the development of an unborn child. What seems unlikely, however, is that any of the planets, other than the earth, have any influence on it."

~~~
Allow me to broaden that suggestion. Back when times were much tougher than they are today it really made a difference when you had a child. Nowadays its all the same but back then if you conceived a child right before winter the child would develop a little different than if it was conceived right before summer. It all had to do with whether there was a bounty of food available or if it was scarce. If you had a baby during the winter and there was no food around the baby likely died or close to it. If you had a baby in the summer when there was plenty of food the baby had a much better chance. Eventually genetics, evolution or whatever you want to call it tried to even things up. When a women conceived a child prior to winter her body would know that the baby would be born in a relatively foodless time. The development of the child would be altered to prepare it. The child would be born ready for a low calorie diet. If the child were to be born in the summer the child would be born ready for a high calorie diet.

The change in the body also changed the attitude of the brain. The winter child might be more frugal or possessive due to the lack of abundance. The summer child might be more wasteful or sharing due to the excess. These characteristics carried on into adulthood. This along with other influences is what started people thinking they could tell what type of person you are by the month you are born in. Today some scientists think that there is a remnant left over from those days.

There was also a study that found that babies born in the winter are more likely to be female. Females are usually born a little heavier than males. So to increase the likelyhood of survival girls are conceived more often than boys when they are to be born in the winter. The heavier the baby at birth the better its chances. Another remnant of harsher times.

Leo’s are always right.

dot23 said:
When you consider that both Hitler and Raegan relied on astrologers for policy making...

Or not:

British 'studied' Hitler's stars

British intelligence chiefs tried to guess Hitler's plans by studying his horoscope, according to files released by the National Archives.
Hungarian Ludwig von Wohl persuaded senior intelligence figures that he could replicate the forecasts of the Nazi leader's personal astrologer.

He claimed that if London knew what astrological advice Hitler was getting, then they would know his next move.

But the security service MI5 had warned that von Wohl was a "charlatan".

American tour

Von Wohl, who was also known as Ludwig de Wohl, was a controversial figure.

Although he was dismissed as a buffoon and a scoundrel by some of the military people he met, others suggested that he was extremely astute, with a keen insight into the thinking of leading Nazis.

Despite dismissing his claims of being from Hungarian nobility, MI5 hoped de Wohl could feed them information about his clients among the "great and the good".

But the Special Operations Executive (SOE) - the wartime sabotage organisation - recruited de Wohl for its SO2 propaganda section, giving him the rank of captain and an army uniform.

He is said to have loved to "strut" around London in his military clothes.

In 1940 SOE sent de Wohl on a lecture tour of the United States aimed at convincing a sceptical public that Hitler could be defeated, and therefore that the US should enter the war.

His mission was regarded as a great success, with his talks and interviews being given significant publicity.

But the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour in December 1941 dramatically brought the US into the conflict as Britain's ally.

Astrological advice

De Wohl returned to London and then came up with his proposal to examine the astrological advice being given to Hitler by Swiss stargazer Karl Ernst Krafft.

De Wohl claimed that as Hitler relied heavily on Krafft's predictions, which were based on mathematics surrounding birthdates, the British could gain a unique insight into his thinking if they knew the astrological advice he was receiving.

The plan appealed to some leading figures, including the Director of Naval Intelligence Admiral John Godfrey, who found Hitler's erratic strategic moves hard to work out.

While his plan was enthusiastically embraced by member of SOE and the Political Warfare Executive, MI5 and MI6 were appalled.

"One of our senior officers comments that he cannot believe that anyone is going to re-employ this dangerous charlatan and confidence-trick merchant," a report from MI6 said.

Another MI5 officer said none of de Wohl's predictions had come true, apart from his forecast of Italy's entry into the war, which he made when it was "quite patent to anybody with the slightest knowledge of international affairs".

Historians now say that Hitler took no notice at all of astrological forecasts.

All the released files can be viewed at the National Archives in Kew, west London.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7276217.stm

Yeah, I believe in astrology in a vague, middle aged male way. I certainly fit Virgoan characteristics to a T, my wife is a typical Aquarian and lots of friends fit their astrological frame, more or less. That isn't to say I believe in any daily precision in forecasts and couldn't care less about how it works, scientifically or otherwise.
I'm happy to accept people with time on their hands a few tens of thousand years ago worked out general traits for people born in different months. Many things are more improbable, IMO.

City looks to the heavens for answers
Last Updated: 12:02am GMT 19/03/2008

Can astrology really help predict the direction of financial markets? Danny Penman talks to two business people who believe the answer is yes

Christeen Skinner blinks at the screen of her computer and takes another slurp of coffee. It is half past seven in the morning and she's preparing for a crucial meeting with the chief executive of the High and Mighty fashion chain.

Apart from the black cat dozing on her lap, the only clue to Skinner's occupation as an astrologer is a copy of an ephemeris - a table of the predicted positions of celestial bodies - that lies open at a page marked "Mercury March 25th".

"The financial crisis has ensured that I'm busier than ever," says Skinner. "People in the City need to know what is just around the corner. I can help with that."

Skinner is one of a growing, albeit secretive, network of astrologers who work for seemingly conservative British institutions such as high street banks, City investment funds and retailers. Desperate to avoid financial meltdown and to spot fashions and consumer trends before they start, these institutions have turned to the planets to divine the future.

"Most academics distrust astrology and regard it as mumbo-jumbo," she says. "The thing is, it works. Nobody's sure how it works, but it does. Most of my clients are business people who are very canny. If it didn't work for them, why would they use it?"

One of Skinner's clients is Judith Levy, chief executive of the High and Mighty retail chain. "I'm fairly pragmatic," says Levy. "I will only spend money on an astrologer if the decision I have to take is very important - the kind of decision that will cost me a lot of money if I get it wrong.

"When we launched our Kayak brand a few years ago we used astrology to decide the launch date. Since then, Kayak has gone from strength to strength. It is one of our best-selling brands."

As a practitioner of heliocentric astrology, Skinner believes that the planets, not the stars, have influence over us: each planet has a subtly different effect on our behaviour as it sweeps through the zodiac on its journey around the Sun.

Mercury, for instance, can be generally positive, except when it turns "retrograde". This happens when it appears to reverse direction and travel backwards through the zodiac. When this happens, roughly three times a year, communication begins to break down and travel plans may go awry. It's seen as a celestial spanner in the works.

Mercury's potential to wreak havoc has led many world leaders and military figures to plan their lives and campaigns to avoid its influence. Ronald Reagan and Boris Yeltsin would only travel and hold press conferences when the planets, specifically Mercury, dictated.

Hitler, a keen user of astrology, notably failed to take into account Mercury's influence. He launched the Battle of Britain and planned Operation Sealion - the invasion of Britain - just as Mercury turned retrograde. Both mistakes dealt serious blows to his plans for world domination.

While many decry astrology as bunkum, Dr Percy Seymour, an astrophysicist recently retired from Plymouth University, has his own theory of how this inexact science might work. He believes that low-frequency magnetic fields emanating from the sun interact with those of the earth, which in turn affect the functioning of the human brain.

"The magnetic field of the sun can be affected by the movement and position of the planets," he says. "Having said all that, I don't believe that the cosmos controls us, but it can influence us."

It's a neat theory, but does it stand up to scrutiny?

Jim Porter (not his real name), chief technical analyst for one of the largest banks in Britain, believes it does. He uses heliocentric astrology to predict the direction of the international financial markets.

Millions of pounds' worth of commodities, shares and currencies are traded on his command. His decisions may affect the values of your pension and your home, and perhaps decide how long you hold on to your job.

When I spoke to him late last year, Porter informed me that the position of the planets indicated a 3.2 per cent fall in the American markets. The following week, they fell 3.5 per cent.

"My attitude is that if you can test it, and it works, then it's just another tool that you can use to predict the direction of the markets," he said when we spoke again yesterday.

"I have tested it and astrology works. Used with other techniques, it can give you confidence, and the more confidence you have, the bigger the risks you can take."

Porter has recently compiled a report for a major central bank charting the likely economic trends of the next few years. "At the moment," he says, "Mars in Cancer is in opposition to Pluto in Capricorn.

This indicates a polarisation of opposing sentiments. Turmoil, in other words. This cycle ends around April 6." The Chancellor, Alistair Darling, will be delighted. "Sentiment will then recover and will turn down in early August. That phase will last for four to five weeks. There will be another shake in October," Porter asserts.

"In 2012 we'll be entering the precession of the equinoxes, which is the most important thing that's happened in the last 26,000 years. That suggests that something mega is going to happen. There will be a huge change in the world's psychology caused by a huge natural disaster or a massive change in spiritual beliefs.

"We have an interesting four years ahead of us."

Some might say we have an interesting few months ahead of us, let alone four years. Perhaps, if more financial experts had consulted the planets we wouldn't be facing a global recession. Then again, I doubt it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/main. ... ars119.xml

rynner says: This all seemed almost sensible, until it got to this part:
In 2012 we'll be entering the precession of the equinoxes, which is the most important thing that's happened in the last 26,000 years. That suggests that something mega is going to happen. There will be a huge change in the world's psychology caused by a huge natural disaster or a massive change in spiritual beliefs.
The precession of the equinoxes, a long astronomical cycle that does last about 26,000 years, is a continuous thing, not something that suddenly happens every once in a while.

This statement makes as little sense as "At 2359 GMT we'll be entering the rotation of the Earth", or "On December the 31st we'll be entering the revolution of the Earth about the Sun"! :shock:

And what was the last most important thing, 26,000 years ago? :twisted:

rynner said:
And what was the last most important thing, 26,000 years ago? :twisted:

The question: is it getting colder, you think?

But, no. What if the practice of astrology were simply a method by which to tap into future information (in a very minor way). That is, the practice is important, not the astrology.

Child stars most likely to be Sagittarians
Child stars are most likely to be born under the star sign Sagittarius, a study has shown.
Published: 7:00AM GMT 28 Oct 2009

Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Scarlett Johansson and Miley Cyrus all share the same zodiac sign of Sagittarius.

Researchers studied the star signs of 100 of the most famous child celebrities ­ from the likes of Elizabeth Taylor, Shirley Temple and Hayley Mills to present day stars.

They discovered children born under Sagittarius between November 22 and December 21 are twice as likely to hit the big time than those born under any other star sign.

Eighteen per cent of child stars have been Sagittarians, but second place Virgos, Cancerians, Librans and Aquarians can manage only nine per cent of child stars.

With a strong bias towards young pop stars, Sagittarians are said to be driven, ambitious and broad-minded, but can be argumentative and blunt.

Others in the group include Donny Osmond, Jenny Agutter, Vanessa Hudgens and Bruce Lee, as well Jermaine Jackson.

Virgos in equal second boast possibly the most famous child star line-up of all time - Michael Jackson and one of his closest friends, Home Alone star Macaulay Culkin, as well as Harry Potter stars Rupert Grint and Tom Felton, who plays Malfoy.

Taurians are the least represented in the child star zodiac with just five members, but in their number is Shirley Temple, who made her first hit movie at the age of eight in 1934 and was the highest grossing star in America during the 1930s depression.

etc...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... rians.html

If anyone is still interested in the topic's poll, I just did a breakdown... Because I have so much to do with my time ;)

Both men and women who have responded are more likely not to believe in astrology (percentage of males 76%, percentage of females 58%)

Undecided: M 19%, F 15%

Do believe in astrology: M 5%, F 27%

It's a pretty long story, but it probably started back in about 2000BC, when the Spring Equinox sun rose in the constellation of Aries - "0 degrees Aries" is the name of the point in the sky at which this happens (whatever the constelllation happens to be, it's just a hypothetical point) and, due to precession, this point has been slowly shifting since.
Not sure why western astrology stuck to the hypothetical point, whilst Indian astrology continued following the constellations - probably something to do with the strong links between astrology and astronomy in the West up until the 17th C or so. ...

The first point of Aries is still referred to in astronomy (although precession has now shifted it into the constellation of Pisces!)
It's better known as the Vernal Equinox, when day and night are equal, as winter shifts to summer. ...

Here's a listing for the current series of constellations the sun 'visits' throughout the year, plus notes of the classical / traditional mapping of Zodiac constellations onto the calendar.

The table below lists the dates when the sun is actually within the astronomical constellations of the Zodiac, according to modern constellation boundaries and corrected for precession (these dates can vary a day from year to year).

You will most likely find that once precession is taken into account, your Zodiac sign is different. And if you were born between Nov. 29 and Dec. 17, your sign is actually one you never saw in the newspaper: you are an Ophiuchus! The ecliptic passes through the constellation of Ophiuchus after Scorpius.

Check out your "real" zodiac sign, based on the sun's current path, and compare it to the date still used by astrologers (in parentheses):

Capricorn — Jan. 20 to Feb. 16 (Dec. 23 to Jan. 21)
Aquarius — Feb. 16 to March 11 (Jan. 22 to Feb. 20)
Pisces — March 11 to April 18 (Feb. 21 to March 19)
Aries — April 18 to May 13 (March 20 to April 20)
Taurus — May 13 to June 21 (April 21 to May 21)
Gemini — June 21 to July 20 (May 22 to June 22)
Cancer — July 20 to Aug. 10 (June 23 to July 22)
Leo — August 10 to Sept. 16 (July 23 to Aug. 22)
Virgo — Sept. 16 to Oct. 30 (Aug. 23 to Sept. 22)
Libra — Oct. 30 to Nov. 23 (Sept. 23 to Oct. 22)
Scorpio — Nov. 23 to Nov. 29 (Oct. 23 to Nov. 22)
Ophiuchus — Nov. 29 to Dec. 17 (not included in the Zodiac)
Sagittarius — Dec. 17 to Jan. 20 (Nov. 23 to Dec. 22)

SOURCE: http://www.livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html

Saw this on youtube and thought it might fit in here. 'Scientists' prove something. Apparently.

Does your month of birth match your personality? Mine does, strangely enough.

Here's an astrology-related anecdote which you can skip if you've heard it before.

My sister had her first tattoo and rushed round to tell me at my work. (It was a big deal for her as my family disapproved of tattoos. I already had them of course, being the Black Sheep.)

I expected her to show it to me, as you do, but as it was a little inaccessible and we were out in town she refused. So I said 'If I can guess what it is, will you show me?' and she agreed, as only she and the artist knew.

It went like this:
Me - It's a scorpion!
Sis - What! How do YOU know?
Me - You're a Scorpio, and Scorpios are proud of scorpions.
Sis - But you don't believe in astrology!
Me - YOU do though!
Me - :cool:

Hmmm, here's an old thread to drag up!

Yesterday I chatted with a bloke at work who's interested in astrology. He reckoned I was rather Gemini. I'm not, I'm Virgo, so he said I must have Gemini rising or summat and he'd check when he got home.

It was all very interesting. I mentioned that both my husbands have been Sagittarians. Apparently Virgos and Sagis are opposites and so drawn to each other. Hmmm, right.

It went like this:
Me - It's a scorpion!
Sis - What! How do YOU know?
Me - You're a Scorpio, and Scorpios are proud of scorpions.
Sis - But you don't believe in astrology!
Me - YOU do though!
Me - :cool:

LOL. It is not what you believe but what you believe others believe that matters. Without this reflective process we would not have a system of currency exchange, or half as many neuroses.

Here's a helpful diagram.

Attachments

• Venn Diagram.jpg
    Venn Diagram.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 45
I'm a cynic. I think the thought that the position of the planets can say anything in regards to your identity or future is the purest bunk.

Be that as it may, despite everything I have a rack loaded with books on crystal gazing, palmistry, tarot, and other hokum. Why? Well:

Interfacing planets to identity is BS. Be that as it may, similar to people pharmaceutical, the are some advantageous bits of knowledge in among the ineptitude. For this situation, about regularities in identity.
Cheers, Bitmann

Last edited:
We did our Chinese astrology signs and everyone else in the family was somehting cool like snake or tiger. I was a cow.

Not happy.

In the western one, people get to be more exciting things like unicorn goats or scorpions. I'm a set of scales.

I'd be more up for believing it if, for once, I was something glamorous and exciting not a cow or a measuring implement.

Although I was intrigued to notice my favourite ever drag queen in Ru Paul's Drag Race, the one who everything he ever says and does I agree with and think "That's exactly what I'd say/do in that situation" shares a birthday with me. And all my closest friends ever, turn out to have the same star sign. Still, that is statistically possible if not entirely likely.

I think of all the woo things, astrology is the one I least get and am least interested in.

We did our Chinese astrology signs and everyone else in the family was somehting cool like snake or tiger. I was a cow.

Not happy.

In the western one, people get to be more exciting things like unicorn goats or scorpions. I'm a set of scales.

Count yourself lucky. I'm also a set of scales but my Chinese one is a sheep.

Baa.

Like all Taureans, I don't believe in astrology.

For the last two years, author David Jester has been researching his new thriller Clinic, which was released this week.

As a result of the research, he concluded that most serial killers were born under the Taurus star sign, which is between April 20 and May 20.

Also, the most serial killers were born on April 21, and February 18.

https://www.indy100.com/article/mos...rus-as-their-star-sign-research-finds-8355876

... Also, the most serial killers were born on April 21, and February 18. ...

Hmmmm ... :thought:

I can see why these birthdays might nurture a chip on one's shoulder ...

The former is a day too late to be a full-fledged global-scale genocidal maniac (Hitler's birthday is 20 April).

The latter represents the maximum number of days most folks could wait before concluding nobody sent them any Valentines at all.

:reyes:

Back