• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I think the entire cast died at least 3 times each last season, that part I could do without :lol:

Very scary rumour about the new main bad guys though

Supposedly you forget that you've ever seen one as soon as you stop looking at it. Which may link in with the characters having tally marks drawn on themselves in the earlier trailer

^^^ spoiler text

River Song died in the Library. We're not going to have a paradox, are we? :roll:

It can't get any worse than the last end of season finale. Which is very good fun once you stop being p*ssed off he used the worst time travel escape in the book. But it's still the worst time travel escape in the book.

Oh, come on. We all know it's going to be Rory.

Think about it.
River says she killed "the greatest man" she ever knew - who's greater than someone who waited 1900 years for true love? The new trailer has her saying that he finds out who she is, so presumably this is when she kills them. They won't kill the Doctor, because people will stop watching the show. We know how River dies. And Amy is too marketable. Moffat might try a reversal on that one, but I doubt it.

C'mon. Honestly. Will anyone care if they kill Rory again?

I can't say I'd care if they killed Amy either, to be honest. She's bloody annoying. Although - to be fair - she has a way to go to match the annoyingness of La Langford.

I do wish they'd killed Rose though. That would have made my Christmas special.

That crazy Irish lawyer with the dead cat from BSG is in it so I don't care what else happens.

Mark Sheppard? Is there no show on Earth he hasn't been in?

He must be stopped! Before it's too late...

Ravenstone said:
River Song died in the Library. We're not going to have a paradox, are we? :roll:

Time was rewritten. Do we even know if the events in the Library happened now?

Anome_ said:
Mark Sheppard? Is there no show on Earth he hasn't been in?

He must be stopped! Before it's too late...

Aye that's 'im.

Playing an American. From America.

Moooksta said:
BBC AMERICA trailer gives away just a little bit more than the UK version.

"We're in the middle of the most powerful city in the most powerful country on Earth." - and they say the Beeb is anti-American............:roll:

I just hope they open that door and its Beijing. Or Madrid. Brighton, even.

:)

Because if the aliens landed here, no-one would notice the difference.

The Slitheen would fit in perfectly at Tescos. No-one would bat an eyelid ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13137674
Doctor Who actress Elisabeth Sladen dies
Comments (18)
Breaking news

Doctor Who actress Elisabeth Sladen, who also starred in the spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures, has died.

Sladen joined the BBC television series in 1973 as Doctor Who's assistant Sarah Jane Smith.

In more recent times the Liverpool-born actress went on to appear in four series of The Sarah Jane Adventures on children's channel CBBC.

That's depressing. I always liked Sarah Jane. I felt she got a bit of a rough deal from the Doctor, being kicked out like that. Only the second companion to not leave of their own volition, I think. (Gordon will no doubt now correct me.)

I'm pretty sure Sarah Kingdom didn't want to leave! Susan was kicked out as well, Zoe and Jamie were returned to their own times without their agreement courtesy of the Timelords.
Think that's about it prior to Sarah Jane.

Think I'll watch ep 1 of my newly arrived Planet of the Spiders.

Gordon

Don't remember Sarah Kingdom. Susan was the one I thought of, I didn't really count Jamie and Zoe since the Doctor didn't kick them out. (And they shouldn't remember their time on the TARDIS, although Jamie didn't know about the Time Lords before he was sent back, and then in The Two Doctors, he does. But I digress.)

Yes Susan was the only one prior to SJ actively kicked out of the Tardis by the Dr. I can think of one or two since that if I had been him would have been for the old heave ho sooner rather than later!

Gordon

Well, there's the alternative ending to Earthshock where Adric runs for the TARDIS only to find the door locked.

Or maybe that was just in fan fiction. That I wrote. Over and over again.

Yeah, heard the sad news on the radio. She was one of the first people I was able to recognise on TV when I was little, and is still my favourite DW companion. No more Sarah Jane Adventures either! A real shame.

:cry:

I had no idea she was even ill...

First the Brig and now Sarah Jane; not a good year so far.

Fluttermoth said:

I had no idea she was even ill...

First the Brig and now Sarah Jane; not a good year so far.

Likewise.

And, from a selfish point of view, I hate the way death's cold grasp is tightening its grip on my childhood.

My memory is that Sarah Jane wanted to leave the TARDIS, and packed up and was ready to go when the Doctor asked her to leave (Humans weren't allowed "back Home" - I am prepared to be corrected!

I remember Sarah Jane having a bit if a tantrum over something and threatening to leave, but it felt like an empty threat as part of being angry at the Doctor. So when he told her to go, she was suddenly backpedalling, thinking she'd upset him.

This brings back such sad memories, her leaving deeply affect me as a child.

Well if we're recalling Sarah Jane moments...

My favourite Sarah Jane moment was in the "Ark In Space", when the Doctor tricks Sarah into making that last push as she crawls through the ventilation shaft carrying the power cable. "I should have known never to trust such an important job to a woman!"
Cue Sarah! :)

And I have to say I'm gutted they'll be no more SJA.

Very sad.

Back