• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Also in the episode where Rose's Dad shows up, that role was originally cast for Simon Pegg, who can't do it anymore.

Bryan Hitch is responsible for the designs on the show so he no doubt has something to do with the new dalek designs. The spider daleks were originally designed by Amblin entertainment when speilberg had the project.

Even cooler news about the new design, producer Phil Collinson said in an interview in an upcoming SFX; "It would be a shame to give away too much. But I can tell you that the Daleks will be doing things they've never done on screen before... If ever you've laughed at them, prepare to have the smile frozen on your face..."

Also for the first time ever we will see someone (Rose) walk into the tardis with the camera following over her shoulder as she steps in. It's apparently one of the trickiest effects shots in the show so I dare say we'll only see it once and I dare say it'll be the first time Rose enters the TARDIS. But apparently the shot will absolutely knock you off your feet.

Daleks that will freeze the smile on your face and seeing someone walking into the TARDIS, two good enough reasons to look forward to the new series.

also with regard to parting of the ways, episodes 12 and 13, it's definately daleks because Nicholas Briggs has been credited for doing the voice of the daleks in episodes six and 12/13

It was a long time ago, but I am sure I remember seeing different Dalek designs in an ancient Dr Who annual (1965? 1966?)
Flying daleks and Marsh daleks as I recall...

as an artificial species they could be as polymorphous as they want.

Eburacum45 said:
It was a long time ago, but I am sure I remember seeing different Dalek designs in an ancient Dr Who annual (1965? 1966?)
Flying daleks and Marsh daleks as I recall...

as an artificial species they could be as polymorphous as they want.

The DALEK Book 1964;

http://www.ikvhavoc.fsnet.co.uk/dalekbooks.htm

The Daleks had small flying platfoms 'Transolar Disks' and the stilt-legged Marsh Daleks were in comic strip inside, patrolling the radioactive swamps of Skaro against two headed mutant reptiles.

There was also the golden globe-headed Dalek Emperor, both in the books and the TV 21 comic strip (There's a homage to him in the last TV Doctor Who Dalek series 'Remembrance of the Daleks').

I don't recall that a spot of bondage ever did Buffy any harm.

In fact it's near impossible to get through a season 5 episode without any happening:D

Dr Who cut short

Greets

news update:

Ananova:
Dr Who cut short

Filming of the new series of Doctor Who has been hit by a shortage of dwarf actors.

Producers needed them to play little blue aliens in the new BBC sci-fi drama, reports the Mirror.

But most midget actors have already been snapped up for the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie or to play Gringotts Bank staff in the new Harry Potter film.

Executive producer Russell T Davies said: "It's very difficult to employ persons of restricted growth when, as our producer Phil Collinson says, `Bloody Gringotts and the Chocolate Factory are filming at the same time'."

Peter Burroughs, whose Willow Personal Management is one of just two UK agencies for dwarf actors, admitted he had been unable to supply Dr Who with a 3ft 8in star.

He said: "That was very difficult to find, especially with the other productions going on."

The new series, with Christopher Eccleston as Dr Who and Billie Piper as his sidekick, is due to start in March.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1242925.html

mal

so there's absolutely no chance that at six foot four I'd get a walk on part.

dang.

"So you're a dwarf?"

"Yep."

"But you're six foot four."

"I grew."

Hook Innsmouth said:
so there's absolutely no chance that at six foot four I'd get a walk on part.

dang.

You'd be OK if they bring the Cybermen back, they tend to go for tall actors for those.

Still don't like the new costume or the new logo.

Do like the idea of Spider-Daleks with Doc Ock type legs that can run up the side of buildings and jump down on vehicles, people.....police telephone boxes....

Must remind myself that it's still the BBC and they'd much rather spend the money on hiring some more actors to play yet more gangsters in DeadEnders.

River_Styx said:
Still don't like the new costume or the new logo.

Do like the idea of Spider-Daleks with Doc Ock type legs that can run up the side of buildings and jump down on vehicles, people.....police telephone boxes....

Must remind myself that it's still the BBC and they'd much rather spend the money on hiring some more actors to play yet more gangsters in DeadEnders.
the tv department of 'the mill' who did the effects for things like gladiator etc, are doing the effects for this. I think we can safely expect slightly higher production values. ;)

New Dr Who leaked onto internet

An episode of the new series of sci-fi drama Doctor Who has been leaked onto the internet.

A 45-minute episode, called Rose, has appeared three weeks before the series is expected to begin on BBC One.

Rose is the name of the character played by pop singer Billie Piper, who will be the assistant to the Doctor, played by Christopher Eccleston.

It is unclear how it came to be on the web and whether it is the final cut. The BBC was unavailable for comment.

The episode - which appears to be the series' first instalment - begins with the Doctor and Rose being chased by Autons, shop mannequins that have come to life.

The series is hotly anticipated by fans, who have remained avid followers since the last series ended in 1989.

It has since been resurrected for a one-off TV movie and as animated online adventures. In 2003, it was voted the show people would most like to see back on TV.

It also has been revealed that Eccleston, who appeared in Shallow Grave and Cracker, e-mailed writer and executive producer Russell T Davies to ask for the role.

"He e-mailed me and said if we were looking for a Doctor Who, he'd be interested," Mr Davies told Radio Times magazine.

"It was gobsmacking because you think he's going to be doing Hamlet all the time," he said. "Which, come to think of it, he was."

The first two episodes were written by the time Eccleston was cast, Mr Davies said.

"So I'd established a template for what I wanted, which fitted Chris perfectly. That was a happy accident - we both wanted to strip it down, make it more down-to-earth."

Julie Gardner, head of drama at BBC Wales, which has made the series, told the magazine: "We got to Chris fast.

"Russell and I had both worked with him before - he was one of the first people who was mentioned."

Eccleston will be the ninth Time Lord to take to the Tardis when the show returns.

Eccleston has also starred in TV dramas Our Friends in the North, Hearts and Minds and Linda Green as well as films such as The Others and Gone in Sixty Seconds.

-----------------
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/e ... 326005.stm

Published: 2005/03/07 15:14:07 GMT

© BBC MMV

Ooh, good, wonder where i can get a copy (peer 2 peer i suspect). It certainly won't put the slightest dent in viewing figues and sales. In fact I wouldn't be surised if it was deliberate.

It's available over Bittorrent.

I've just seen it (since I won't be able to see it when it's on TV) and I liked it. Most of it's filmed in my native Cardiff - which is dressed up to look like London. Very weird if you know the place.

GiantRobot said:

I've just seen it (since I won't be able to see it when it's on TV) and I liked it. Most of it's filmed in my native Cardiff - which is dressed up to look like London. Very weird if you know the place.

Still downloading it.. how exciting! I didn't realise it was being filmed in Cardiff mind. I can't really imagine all the faux-Cockneys standing around saying "Iesu mawr" ;)

Mr Snowman said:
GiantRobot said:

Still downloading it.. how exciting! I didn't realise it was being filmed in Cardiff mind. I can't really imagine all the faux-Cockneys standing around saying "Iesu mawr" ;)

You'll recognise the shop Billie works in if you know Cardiff at all. There's also a scene outside of Argos and one down in the bay. The Tardis turns up near the market too, if I recognise the place correctly.

It's pretty fun TV I think. :)

GiantRobot said:
Mr Snowman said:
GiantRobot said:

You'll recognise the shop Billie works in if you know Cardiff at all. There's also a scene outside of Argos and one down in the bay. The Tardis turns up near the market too, if I recognise the place correctly.

by the "new" one at the back of st davids center? or the indoor market?

melf said:
GiantRobot said:
Mr Snowman said:
GiantRobot said:

by the "new" one at the back of st davids center? or the indoor market?

The new outdoor market, near the St. Davids Centre.

(Near the transvestite pub ;))

GiantRobot said:

A pub that dresses as a woman?? Have we a thread on that? :D

The Yithian said:
GiantRobot said:

Well I think it's a transvestite pub. I can't tell the difference between boy and girl pubs - they all look the same to me. :oops:

GiantRobot said:
The Yithian said:
GiantRobot said:

Well I think it's a transvestite pub. I can't tell the difference between boy and girl pubs - they all look the same to me. :oops:

You have to sneak a look in the cellar or look-out for over-sized pumps. ;)

Tonight!!!!

Mini Trailer 1 on BBC1 at 19:29, 20:00, 20:58, 21:58

Mini Trailer 2 on BBC2 at 22:30. (6 seconds inside console room)

Mini Trailer 3 on BBC2 at 23:52

The Shop that blows up in the trailer is the howels department store and heres a date for your diary...

The first episode of the new series will be broadcast on BBC1 on saturday the 26th of March. (at 9pm)

(I watched the filming in cardiff bay a month or so back when the Tardis apeared in frount of the Opera house and waterfall, Chris and Billie went bounding off in the direction of Rhol Dahl plasa, in the bit i saw them film ing Rose asked "where are we?" and the doctor put on a good aproximation of a Cardiff accent and replyed "this is Carrrhdiff in the 21st century.")

The Yithian said:
GiantRobot said:
The Yithian said:
GiantRobot said:

You have to sneak a look in the cellar or look-out for over-sized pumps. ;)

i know the one, its called or was called valentinos, possibly a door away to two from the sauna/gym in charles st

Back