• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Goes back before that, the Doctor's Wife had a mention of the Corsair in passing and switchong genders. I think it was the Corsair.

Yeah, I like your idea under the spoiler.
The Master being in the vault appeals to me, might also be related to the classic series style Cybermen we've seen in the trailers.
The ladies of the Verity! podcast have had the same idea as me, or at least one or two of them did. Which makes me happy in a strange, sort of vicarious way.

Hadn't considered the Cybermen might be connected to the vault, although we've had vaults full of Cybermen before. Also, isn't the vault supposed to have Time-Lord style reliefs (circles and clocks, etc) on it, suggesting it's something they want hidden? The Cybermen were never really the threat to Gallifrey that the Daleks were.
I think it really has to be a female doctor this time - Olivia Colman anybody?
I don't know. I like Olivia Colman, but not sure I want her as the Doctor this time out. As for Ms Atwell, well that would make me really uncomfortable. I don't want to think of the Doctor that way.

What I've been hoping for is that they get someone no-one is expecting. Doesn't matter if it's a man, a woman, what colour they are, whether they have an extra leg and a unicorn horn, just as long as it's someone no-one has put forward on one of those "Here are 10 people we insist play the next Doctor or we'll cry!" lists. All I require is that they can act well enough to play the Doctor. (Keeping in mind some bits are relatively constant, and other bits need to be new and fresh.) What I don't want is a badly written or poorly acted Doctor. I also worry that we'll be subjected to lazy writing with cheap gags about "Ooh, the Doctor's got tits, now!" Hopefully Chibnall will stop that kind of thing getting into the scripts.

Yeah, I actually like Capaldi and Smith a lot, but the scripts have not been the best. Gender is apparently fluid for Gallifreyans and so shouldn't be a big deal.
And I say that as someone who would prefer a male doctor.
As far as Cybermen, it may not be that they are the main items in the vault but part of something in or to do with the vault. A sealed moment in time, or a paradox where the Doctor can interact with his own time line.
There are rumors if the first Doctor showing up, and references to Susan in this season.
Might be to an alternate reality, where the Doctor was never stolen away by the TARDIS.
Otherwise, I think the point of this series will be to clear up some of his angst before the new team takes over.

The Nerdist website has an interesting idea on the 13th Doctor, claiming sources in the know, but admitting the BBC are keeping shtum. Not someone I've heard of, but could be an interesting pick. Although I'm still hoping it turns out to be someone else, just so everyone making claims looks silly.

Do you think it's because the Doctor regenerates into Susan?!:rofl:

For about the 10th time on this thread, may I say that I really want the next Doctor to be Paul McGann! He's done nothing wrong, and surely deserves another go. And why not - if the Doctor can re-use Tom Baker's face, why not another?

For about the 10th time on this thread, may I say that I really want the next Doctor to be Paul McGann! He's done nothing wrong, and surely deserves another go. And why not - if the Doctor can re-use Tom Baker's face, why not another?

The BBC are determined to have a black, female, gay, (or preferably all three) person for the role next. In that respect McGann has about as much chance as I do.

They already have a black, female, gay companion, so I don't think they'd go that far, it would look a bit samey.

I do think it's more likely the next Doctor will be male. As far as his orientation, well he has not really been portrayed strictly straight since the revival. Though maybe Jack is just that much of a beast.
The companions and the plot is where the social stuff gets worked in, for good or ill.

So, Gallifrey, having been established at the end of the universe, also happens to be in a vault at a university on Earth in modern times?

So, Gallifrey, having been established at the end of the universe, also happens to be in a vault at a university on Earth in modern times?

I was referring to the painting 'Gallifrey Falls No More'. The Curator of the picture was played by Tom Baker. Is the painting actually Gallifrey held in stasis and now in the vault?

Just a guess though. It could be literrally anything in there.

I was referring to the painting 'Gallifrey Falls No More'. The Curator of the picture was played by Tom Baker. Is the painting actually Gallifrey held in stasis and now in the vault?

Just a guess though. It could be literrally anything in there.
The paonting was more a snapshot of the war, a slice of time, as I understand it. Not Gallifrey in and of itself.
Gallifrey exists itself at some deadwater of time and space now, once more part of the universe. Amd probably very unhappy with the Doctor.

Do you think the Vault contains the Doctor Donna (i.e. the hybrid Doctor from series four) hidden away in there?

Dr Who...haven't watched it in an age. Gone off it.

Almost a two-hander last night until the end. Nice method of building up the Doctor-Bill relationship, they're getting along very well. He's not a policeman even if he does live in a police box, eh? Matt Lucas gets a credit at the start for thirty seconds' work? Nice design on that episode, was it all CGI or was it filmed at a location that they brushed up with their cursors later?

Next week's looks... confusing.

Now I don't watch anything on the BBC. Licence fee rebate now, please.

I do entirely legal and not all frowned onmethods to watch episodes these days.

Have to admit, I've been enjoying more the relationship between Bill and the Doctor than the actual plots of the episodes.
it's very well written and the actors do a great job. I liked Clara, but I'm enjoying Bill much more. Sort of reminded of Donna in a way.
Definitely prefer the mentor/student role than the almost relationship thing.

Back