• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Mighty_Emperor said:
I really enjoyed this one.

I will be slightly miffed if the Devil looks like... well the Devil. That'd be a bit cheesy. Considering all the tentacle faces I'm hoping for something Lovecraftian.

Me and the kids concur with your judgement on it's fabness, didn't we get a glimpse of the devil in the holo machine thingy, demonic huge horny thing. Excellent episode that the crew were dead pleased with according to Dr Who confidential. 8) 8) 8) :D

crunchy5 said:
didn't we get a glimpse of the devil in the holo machine thingy, demonic huge horny thing.

I'm hoping it is more a psychic projection of what one would expect ultimate evil would be (as it is so very very evil) or else they had the outfit from Legend lying around so slapped another horn on it. I'm hoping for the former - what the doctor would see would be interesting (himself? The Master?).

A big devil would be... disappointing. There was a bit too much BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH emerging form the hole so I am worried (so much ham I am expecting a whole glazed pig too emerge).

Hurray! After the stinker that was "The Wire" - and it was particularly awful, in fairness - a "proper" Doctor Who episode. The Devil thing might be a bit cliched, but the premise is otherwise great, and the story was just right.

Have to confess I didn't notice what the Ood looked like from behind - I was probably too busy going "He was in Casualty or Holby City, he's been in loads, including Alien3, now where do I recognise her from?". Just like the good old days, in other words. And I stand by my view that you can tell a good story in 45 minutes, but not a great one, and the two-parters are generally my favourites - and it's the only chance we have for cliffhangers, after all (although they've not been the best cliffhangers ever, these last two series, but Dr Who without them - just not right!).

Like others, I hope the Devil turns out not to be too literal - horns and red skin are so 20th century, don't you know?

That glimpse of the Devil we saw looked like Tim Curry in Legend. Now I mention him, why hasn't Tim Curry been in Doctor Who?

I just caught the BBC 3 repeat cause I missed it last night.

Corker!

Stonkin' soundtrack too...loved the music for "The Descent".

Bring on Cthulhu but I reckon it's gonna be a special guest star given the faces that floated past this episode (floated get it :mrgreen:).

Anyone know who next week's guest is? That'll be the Satan then!

mooks out

:lol: :lol: My youngest son, 5 today, said the ood had faces like zoidberg or is it zoiberg :? Is it uncool to talk about ones kids? :roll:

Excellent episode. However, I had a slight glitch with the signal. Most of the 'red' was bled out of the pic. Which, when I compared against the 'real' version, turned out to be far more spacey. Turn down the red, give yourselves a sci treat :lol:

I reckon this is the first doc who episode (new style) that kids will really remember as a behind the sofa 'one'.

Not for people our age. But for kiddies. Suspense, demon/devil. Loss of tardis.

Shame about the accents..... :cry:

I thought this one was like a cross between Alien and The Exorcist edited for a pre watershed audience. The best one yet though! Last weeks "Idiots Lantern", which I still enjoyed, must have been relatively low budget by comparison. I'm expecting them to really splash out next week. :)

I wonder if they would consider post watershed versions to be shown late at night (as happened with Buffy). At 7pm they cut away when ever it gets really nasty. The psychlogical horror aspects aren't bad though.

Wellll..........it's that RADA mockney and poorly trained 'London' esturine twang that starts to bug me. I don't think we need go back to everyone being RP, but, gah, this inverted snobbism of lowest common denominator chavism is just..gah g ah...gah....-------------normal service will be resumed once the duck's brain has cooled down----------------------

:shock:

The Duck fears neither Beast nor Ood, but exposure to Mockney makes him short circuit!

(I'm secretly loving the prevailing accent. The entire cast of Doctor Who talks like people I know, except the monsters who are in deference to Hollywood tradition using decent English.)

I forgot to mention the genius of the post modernist self-referentialism (it might not be - someone'll put me right)...

But the line "This is going to be the best Christmas Walford will ever have!". Clever, clever.

mooks out

PS And Futurama is also clever, clever.

Mighty_Emperor said:
crunchy5 said:
didn't we get a glimpse of the devil in the holo machine thingy, demonic huge horny thing.

I'm hoping it is more a psychic projection of what one would expect ultimate evil would be (as it is so very very evil) or else they had the outfit from Legend lying around so slapped another horn on it. I'm hoping for the former - what the doctor would see would be interesting (himself? The Master?).

A big devil would be... disappointing. There was a bit too much BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH emerging form the hole so I am worried (so much ham I am expecting a whole glazed pig too emerge).

The scene with the Devil/Satan on the televiewer, looked like it was taken straight from opening sequences the original Diablo game ;)

Boo to Mockney. It is kryptonite to ducks....ah...(if like smallville, then someone is going to get a blow to the head real soon :lol: ).

I agree that the devil looks a bit like Curry in Legend. Hurrah. BTW - another boo to post modernism :D

crunchy5 said:
:lol: :lol: My youngest son, 5 today, said the ood had faces like zoidberg or is it zoiberg :? Is it uncool to talk about ones kids? :roll:

Happy Birthday Crunchy Jnr!

I like to know what kids think of it. I like to know what they like and the bit they remember or get scared of.

Just don't be too disappointed if the 'Devil' turns out to be only 4" tall, that's all.

With reference to Buffy, Season 4, Halloween episode. ;)

Doctor_Occupant said:
GadaffiDuck said:
Shades of Buffy :shock: :lol:

If Rose dispatches the bad guy with a snappy comment and some martial arts I shall be very surprised.

She could always bite it, that would dispatch it in short order.

bingo2.jpg

Gaaah scary....

:lol: Tra la la...tra la la la.

We ought to do a separated at birth thread..... :lol:

Moooksta said:
I'm sure Mickey / Thickey will be back along with the bad guys too!

I suspect this will happen - when the doctor left the alternative earth after destroying the cybermen they said there was still lots of cyberman left in storage to find and destroy. The cyberman awake (possibly assimulate humanity, or at least part of it) then follow the doctor as he hasnt quite closed the way back to our reality (in standard doctor who fashion). The last episode will see the cybermen invading our earth with an enhanced rebuilt cyberleader, persued by mickey etc. that gets him back in the storyline for season 3, as im sure they havent announced mickey has left the series!

gncxx said:
That glimpse of the Devil we saw looked like Tim Curry in Legend. Now I mention him, why hasn't Tim Curry been in Doctor Who?

cos dr who in suspenders will be too silly (but not as silly as "the candy man" story (colin baker) )

RealPaZZa said:
gncxx said:

cos dr who in suspenders will be too silly (but not as silly as "the candy man" story (colin baker) )

The Candyman was a 7th Doc story called The Happiness Patrol, and the candyman itself was...well, incidental. The real villain of the piece was a lady called Helen A, a thinly disguised Margaret Thatcher.

You might want to re-watch that story with the idea in mind that it's a satire. It gets a little better when you know that, not that you necessarily would from seeing the story itself. Took me years to work it out.

It does give a nice demonstration of the sort of things the Doctor is capable of: he brings down a government overnight.

Heckler20 said:
She could always bite it, that would dispatch it in short order.

bingo2.jpg

Gaaah scary....

I didn't know 50 Cent was going to be in Doctor Who. Will he be in the pit?

No sir, but he certainly is the pits.....Eyethangewe, thangewe...exit stage left.....

I saw a pic of the thing in the pit today, in the Daily Star (no I don't buy it).

It did make me go WOW :shock:

SPOILER ALERT!

It does look like Tim Curry in Legend, the make up is just as good. The eyes glow yellow but it was the size of it, in the pic the Doc is about the size of the Devil’s nose. He’s f*n massive!

Spoiler over

I'm tellin' ya the Beeb will get in trouble for this one!

mooks out

Right.............will have a quick look at the star in the local garage (hope no one sees me... :oops: )

Back