• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

MrRING

Android Futureman
I was listening to the excellent Maltin On Movies podcast, hosted by longtime movie critic Leonard Maltin and his daughter Jessie, and their guest was Tracy Nelson (the episode of June 7th, 2019). She is the daughter of Rick Nelson and granddaughter of Ozzie & Harriet. Aside from excellent Hollywood history and her own amazing life, she revealed that she once lived in Errol Flynn's house when she moved there with her parents - and she saw his ghost!

This video sets the scene:

The story she related was that she was sick one night and awoke to hear something in another room. She went out to see what was going on, and it was Errol Flynn as he was in his heyday. He was drinking, and he toasted her Happy New Year and vanished. It wasn't New Years at the time, but 7 years later Rick Nelson died in a plane crash on New Years Eve.

She detailed other experienced too, like one time hearing sounds so loud that she was sure they were being robbed, so she locked herself in a room for safety. After the sounds ended, she thought the robbers had left and ventured out but there was no sign of anybody in the house or any of the house destruction she thought she heard.

The full podcast:
https://www.podbean.com/ew/dir-2zcj7-64a3ec5

Her brother Gunner Nelson (of the band Nelson) details his experiences with Errol's ghost in this interview:

A bit more here:
https://www.grunge.com/839741/the-haunted-history-of-errol-flynns-home/

According to David Niven, Flynn hated the reputation and the phrase 'in like Flynn'
He considered himself a discrete and discriminating lover of women, and it made it all sound so tawdry.

The story she related was that she was sick one night and awoke to hear something in another room. She went out to see what was going on, and it was Errol Flynn as he was in his heyday.

Did the nature of her illness involve running a temperature? Along with 'I woke up in the middle of the night and in my room there was...' and 'I was just lying in bed but I just know I wasn't asleep and I saw...' I suspect any ghostly sightings that involve the words 'I was ill...'

Back