• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Flatulence, Farts & Farting (General; Miscellaneous)

For anyone who wants to fart more: get yourself some Extra sugar-free mints. Eat a few of them, then sit back and wait about 10 minutes. Then, Krakatoa will go off in your underwear.

I am a tremendous farter. (IBS definitely helps)

My wife is reasonable although they all smell of cabbage.

My son is frankly a hopeless farter but he's still a wee lad.

My farts range from 'Mingin' to 'a dead man'

The Dead man farts are so incredible that after two or three of them, I have to replace my pants and Troosers as I may as well have done a wee jobby in them.

I hope you all enjoyed my post.

Thanks.

I want to fart less. Any advice?

Activated charcoal.

A few years ago I planned a trip* with my German doctor friend (mentioned before in the odd post dotted around this forum) This time his daughter (early twenties) was joining us.

My digestive tract was up to it's old tricks just before the holiday so, to spare the young lady any embarrassment, I took a jar of 'Windeze' with me.

No farts but black stool.

*Snowdonia

For anyone who wants to fart more: get yourself some Extra sugar-free mints. Eat a few of them, then sit back and wait about 10 minutes. Then, Krakatoa will go off in your underwear.
As formerly described, Techy and I once ate a load of sugar-free confectionery and gave ourselves copious and excruciating wind.
Like when people overdo the diabetic-recipe Haribo only without the diarrhoea. We were doubled up with pain all night.

Next night there was some left so we did it again. :rollingw:

When I was an English language teacher in Tokyo I would have regular kids classes.

One of these was a new 30 minute class for babies, from about 2 to 4 years old with parent/s in attendance.

One child, lets call her Yuriko, would be crying loudly and grizzling throughout the whole class, from start to finish. Her parents, well dressed, mega-polite and self conscious 20 somethings, would be smiling and laughing (slightly embarrassed by their child 'disrupting' the class).

There was a low table in the classroom on which I placed the class register and the start of every class went something like this:

Me: Tomohiro!?

Tomohiros parents: Here! (smiling at their child, encouraging to raise a hand and vocalise)

Tomohiro: (blank look, maybe grunt)

etc. etc.

The day in question, Yuriko was having her usual meltdown and her mother was sitting politely near me (on her knees, Japanese style) and I was feeling particularly stressed.
We were going through the register with all it's attendant rigmarole... I was standing, then turned and bent over to tick off a name, this meant my backside was now level with Yuriko's mother's face... and I farted, audibly and at length.

I pretended it hadn't happened and plowed on while the poor woman sat there blinking, with a fixed rictus grin.

I have two guaranteed fart-producing ingestions:

• The wife's lentil cottage pie.
  • My home brewed beer.

Either will cause much hilarity for at least 24 hours.

Neither cause any odour weirdly, just crazy volumes of gas. I once timed a post-lentil fart - 12 seconds.

Best farts ever:
Slightly overcooked steak covered in French mustard and washed down with 8% cider.

A worthy mention to one of my bath time experiments. A long hot bath, with a bottle of red wine then a bottle of white. I can't remember the order but I don't think it matters. Resultant botty burps smelt like turpentine.

Best farts ever:
Slightly overcooked steak covered in French mustard and washed down with 8% cider.

A worthy mention to one of my bath time experiments. A long hot bath, with a bottle of red wine then a bottle of white. I can't remember the order but I don't think it matters. Resultant botty burps smelt like turpentine.
Carried out scientifically, under laboratory conditions.

Recently at t'supermarket some bloke was following me around; coincidence or not, I felt slightly irritated as I was trying to find some space in an aisle to fart in peace.

Luckily my gracious bowels condescended to speak raucously just as he bent over behind me and reached for something on a low shelf, his face level with my behind.

He won't follow anyone else around. :cool:

My cousin had a "secret recipe" for loud, pungent farts. This would be put into operation whenever he had a job interview, along with not bathing for several days, splashing booze over his clothes, telling filthy jokes to the interviewers and letting rip with some toxic fumes from his nether regions. All in order to prevent the disaster of him actually getting a job.

My cousin had a "secret recipe" for loud, pungent farts. This would be put into operation whenever he had a job interview, along with not bathing for several days, splashing booze over his clothes, telling filthy jokes to the interviewers and letting rip with some toxic fumes from his nether regions. All in order to prevent the disaster of him actually getting a job.
Success, was it?

Success, was it?
Yep, he's in his 50s now and you can count the years he's spent working on the fingers of one hand and have three spare. The longest he held down a job was an apprenticeship which lasted 6 weeks - it might have lasted longer but he turned up one day and started messing about in a workshop -jumping on the back of someone using a powersaw is not a good career move.

Yep, he's in his 50s now and you can count the years he's spent working on the fingers of one hand and have three spare. The longest he held down a job was an apprenticeship which lasted 6 weeks - it might have lasted longer but he turned up one day and started messing about in a workshop -jumping on the back of someone using a powersaw is not a good career move.
I've never understood what happens to pension contributions with people who have been perpetually unemployed.
I mean, once they reach a pensionable age, does the state then turn round and say 'hard cheese'?

I've never understood what happens to pension contributions with people who have been perpetually unemployed.
I mean, once they reach a pensionable age, does the state then turn round and say 'hard cheese'?
Probably not.

Are farts supposed to have lumps in them?.

Just be sure that Krakatoa is not followed by Fukushima:

“Xylitol [the low-calorie sweetener in sugar-free mints] has a dose-dependent laxative effect.”

maximus otter

“You may be able to get National Insurance credits if you’re not paying National Insurance, for example when you’re claiming benefits because you’re ill or unemployed.

Credits can help to fill gaps in your National Insurance record, to make sure you qualify for certain benefits including the State Pension.”

https://www.gov.uk/national-insurance-credits

maximus otter

He won't follow anyone else around. :cool:
Because he's dead...

There is NOTHING worse than a job in which you have to hold your farts in. Luckily I mostly work alone on the kiosk section of our shop, and can therefore fart copiously and in peace (between customers, I'm not that much of an exhibitionist). However, having to have second till working all evening can give rise to the most dreadful trapped wind. Once I actually thought I was having a heart attack. I had to loosen my already quite oversized trousers and the pain was excrutiating.

I got home, got the dog half way down the road and released a series of farts which must have made the rest of the village anticipate the arrival of a steam-powered traction engine.

Because he's dead...

There is NOTHING worse than a job in which you have to hold your farts in. Luckily I mostly work alone on the kiosk section of our shop, and can therefore fart copiously and in peace (between customers, I'm not that much of an exhibitionist). However, having to have second till working all evening can give rise to the most dreadful trapped wind. Once I actually thought I was having a heart attack. I had to loosen my already quite oversized trousers and the pain was excrutiating.

I got home, got the dog half way down the road and released a series of farts which must have made the rest of the village anticipate the arrival of a steam-powered traction engine.
The Mrs used to have to hold her farts in all day in one of her old jobs. She only got relief when she got the odd smoke break outside with one of her work mates and she said they'd both be letting rip solidly while puffing away on their smokes.

Is it possible to light farts whilst in the bath as the bubbles break the surface of the water so as not to burn your botty? There’s important pioneering research to be done - Swifty could be the man for the job.

Who are all these superhumans, holding farts in for hours? What's the point? People break wind, get over it! :chuckle:

Face it, there aren't many pleasures left. :(

Who are all these superhumans, holding farts in for hours? What's the point? People break wind, get over it! :chuckle:

Face it, there aren't many pleasures left. :(
I wish I could. But the general remarks wouldn't be worth it, particularly when the 'offensive smell' is clearly and obviously attributable.*

*If you can blame it on your workmate, it's fine, obviously.

I love inflicting my intestinal misery on others. After all, sharing is caring.

I wish I could. But the general remarks wouldn't be worth it, particularly when the 'offensive smell' is clearly and obviously attributable.*

*If you can blame it on your workmate, it's fine, obviously.
Ah now we're back to the Queen seated regally with a visiting head of state in an open carriage, waving to adoring crowds.

One of the horses farts loudly. Her Maj turns to the dignitary and says 'I'm terribly sorry about that!'
To which her eminent passenger replies 'Haha, I normally blame the horse!'

Back