• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

Some people get immersed in the games they play - so emotional damage can be a real thing.
Like watching someone be stabbed in real life might traumatize the observer as if they were stabbed too.
I watched Freddy Kruger slaughter teens as a teen myself. It wasn't pretty so I'm going to take the film director Wes Craven to court.

Not everyone can have a disconnect between whatever they watch and their actual emotional experience.
It's like "Sticks and stones can break my bones ..." is all very well up to a point. When the words used actually cause emotional hurt, the old saying is valueless. Sure, you can ignore words as an intellectual choice but on an emotional level ...
This whole 'getting too involved with the game' has been around for ages; my experience with it (as an observer) was in the 1980's and role-playing games. People invested a lot of time and emotional effort and very few couldn't understand that the investment should be less than in real life. This was in a busy pub venue, with loads of people around you.
So imagine the impact when you've little 'real life' interference using VR headsets, on your own for hours with only minimal intersection with reality.

Football field and supermarket food delivery truck. This is not vandalism but just bad thinking and steering.
Football club will get a year of fresh fruit as compensation.
1708116987380.png
https://nos.nl/artikel/2509174-supe...lveld-kapot-jaar-gratis-fruit-ter-compensatie

Not everyone can have a disconnect between whatever they watch and their actual emotional experience.
I'm sorry Stormkhan and no offense but yes they have got that option. They can press the off button, that's how they can easily disconnect. I just read or watch something else instead.

Last edited:
But you turned out all right didn't you Swifty? .... errmm .... I mean ....
;)
LOL .. only when 'they' are watching .. it's the normals/quiet ones instead people need to be wary of. I've never been able to work out why but horror film fans are usually amongst the nicest people you could meet. Dorks in fact.

*cough Fortean Headlines cough*

Shane Rose: Show jumper competes in mankini​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/equestrian/68330519

At first, I thought, "What's this, some sort of childish protest?"

Then I read the opening lines:
<<Australian three-time Olympic medallist Shane Rose has been stood down from competition for wearing a mankini during a show jumping event. Equestrian Australia said "concerns were raised" about the 50-year-old's "attire" during the event at Wallaby Hill near Sydney last weekend.>>

Then I thought, "Fair enough. Show jumping is a sport with a very clear dress code, and a particular image to maintain..."

Then I read this crucial line:
<<Riders were encouraged to wear fancy dress at the event.>>

Then I thought, "FFS".

24-year-old astrologer lost $440,000 by day trading crypto and now lives on credit card debt.​

/should have stuck to lottery numbers.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/angriest-ive-ever-24-old-121300556.html

"Personal finance YouTuber Caleb Hammer has seen it all — from models who just want to “spend, spend, spend” to 40-year-olds who outright refuse to work.

But one of the most recent guests on his show, Financial Audit, may have been the most frustrating one yet for the host.

Racso, a 24-year-old vedic astrologer from Austin, Texas had lost an immense amount of money trading cryptocurrencies and is now funding his lifestyle with credit cards."

Shane Rose: Show jumper competes in mankini​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/equestrian/68330519

At first, I thought, "What's this, some sort of childish protest?"

Then I read the opening lines:
<<Australian three-time Olympic medallist Shane Rose has been stood down from competition for wearing a mankini during a show jumping event. Equestrian Australia said "concerns were raised" about the 50-year-old's "attire" during the event at Wallaby Hill near Sydney last weekend.>>

Then I thought, "Fair enough. Show jumping is a sport with a very clear dress code, and a particular image to maintain..."

Then I read this crucial line:
<<Riders were encouraged to wear fancy dress at the event.>>

Then I thought, "FFS".

Wot, is this man's dress not good enough to show a horse?
Mankini.png

Wot, is this man's dress not good enough to show a horse?
View attachment 74040
He must have been frightening the horses! :omg:
The BBC certainly saw fit to not provide a photo.

Anyway, alls well that ends well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/equestrian/68335114

Australian rider Shane Rose has been cleared after a review for competing in a mankini.

Equestrian Australia (EA) said the three-time Olympic eventing medallist had not breached their code of conduct.

It looks like an appliance. Even enlarging the photo doesn’t show much, except that the white portion is quite square.

It is also funny what people describe as “chilling”:rolleyes: Ahah, it’s a freezer.
And how 'Jayde McKenner' can even suggest that the pictures are 'bone-chilling' and suggest that it's a picture of a child in a nightdress - completely beats me! :pop: Must be short of good news reporting?
Really is making something out of nothing at all.

And how 'Jayde McKenner' can even suggest that the pictures are 'bone-chilling' and suggest that it's a picture of a child in a nightdress - completely beats me! :pop: Must be short of good news reporting?
Really is making something out of nothing at all.
Well ‘fridge seen in corridor’ isn’t going to get those fingers clicking.

Back