• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

There was a similar storm in a coffee cup when the Camp Coffee label was changed in 2012, dropping the Indian as servant to showing equals enjoying coffee together.

Camp-Coffee-Label.jpg

There was a similar storm in a coffee cup when the Camp Coffee label was changed in 2012, dropping the Indian as servant to showing equals enjoying coffee together.

View attachment 74138
Could've been worse. Might've been a picture of Kenneth Williams drinking coffee with Charles Hawtrey in Carry On Up the Khyber.
"Ooooh, I looooove your coffee - is it camp?"
"Oh, innie bold?"

Cork again.

Man shouted he was 'a 50-year-old virgin' after punching neighbour in face

A farmer who described himself as “a 50-year-old virgin” as he punched a neighbour in the face and kicked her when she was on the ground, accusing her of stealing his mother’s post, has been found guilty.
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-41336956.html

Cork again.

A farmer who described himself as “a 50-year-old virgin” as he punched a neighbour in the face and kicked her when she was on the ground, accusing her of stealing his mother’s post, has been found guilty.

seems like a bewildering host of non-seqs? Although I do like the italianate architecture of the Cork Circuit Criminal Court.

I'm assuming that there was physical evidence of the punching? Totally bizarre :(

Cork again.

This is pure class:

In the absence of the jury, he initially said to Judge Daly: “I have no intention of taking off my hat and mask. I wear it everywhere ... covid is rampant. People are coughing, sneezing and farting in court… There are farters, coughers, sneezers and spitters in this room.”

Yes it is, I know several people. I'm not being facetious either, sadly.
And there are some lip "balms" (quotes because it is a false claim in the product's descriptor) that actually dry your lips. Years ago, before there were the myriad of lip products, Chapstick was common. I later heard that it was not good for lips and dried them out. So it would dry out people's lips and they would put on more thinking that it was the cold dry air causing the dryness.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 09.57.23.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 09.57.23.png
    890.8 KB · Views: 17

Former Boyzone star Shane Lynch claims Taylor Swift performs Satanic rituals in front of fans​

‘That’s why I’ve stopped listening to those types of music myself because it doesn’t suit my spirit’

Former Boyzone star Shane Lynch claims Taylor Swift is performing Satanic rituals in front of millions of fans.
The committed Christian says some music is a danger to society because artists are channelling the Devil in plain sight.
Entrepreneur Shane aired his controversial views as he and wife Sheena — the Real Housewives of Cheshire star — launched their latest business venture under their Amen label.
Shane first shared his views on Satanism in the music industry last year on a Premier Christian Radio podcast. He claimed Sam Smith and Beyonce are “so demonic it’s unbelievable”.
He added that during his time in the industry, he’d witnessed Satanic rituals where albums were prayed over to ensure success.
He told our reporter this week he believes Taylor Swift is also an advocate of Satanism.

Via Independent.ie

Tate & Lyle's Golden Syrup rebrand drops dead lion​

The famous logo of a lion swarmed by bees, inspired by the Biblical quotation "out of the strong came forth sweetness", was the world's oldest unchanged brand packaging, holding a Guinness World Record, having remained nearly identical since 1888.

Here's the before and after:

View attachment 74121

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68347249
Unchanged brand packaging possibly but not the oldest trade mark ..

What is the world's oldest trademark?

1875 – The Bass red triangle logo was the first registered trademark in the UK. 1870 – Averill Paints obtained the first registered US trademark. Lowenbrau claims to have the oldest continuously used trademark in the world – 1383. Stella Artois – claims continuous use of its mark since 1366.

Former Boyzone star Shane Lynch claims Taylor Swift performs Satanic rituals in front of fans​

‘That’s why I’ve stopped listening to those types of music myself because it doesn’t suit my spirit’

Former Boyzone star Shane Lynch claims Taylor Swift is performing Satanic rituals in front of millions of fans.
The committed Christian says some music is a danger to society because artists are channelling the Devil in plain sight.
Entrepreneur Shane aired his controversial views as he and wife Sheena — the Real Housewives of Cheshire star — launched their latest business venture under their Amen label.
Shane first shared his views on Satanism in the music industry last year on a Premier Christian Radio podcast. He claimed Sam Smith and Beyonce are “so demonic it’s unbelievable”.
He added that during his time in the industry, he’d witnessed Satanic rituals where albums were prayed over to ensure success.
He told our reporter this week he believes Taylor Swift is also an advocate of Satanism.

Via Independent.ie
Yeah, well, just where do you start with that?!

DNA tests confirm death of one of Japan's most wanted fugitives​

001fc9d3-800.jpg

DNA analysis has confirmed that a 70-year-old man who confessed on his hospital deathbed last month to being one of Japan's most-wanted fugitives was indeed the suspect, police said.

Satoshi Kirishima, a former member of a Japanese radical leftist group behind deadly bomb attacks in the 1970s, was wanted for nearly 50 years, with his bespectacled, smiling mugshots almost omnipresent outside police stations across Japan.

The saga took a sudden twist last month when a terminally ill man hospitalised near Tokyo declared on his deathbed that he was Kirishima - prompting hospital staff to alert police - only to die a few days later.

Through subsequent DNA analysis, "the person who died at the hospital on January 29 was confirmed to be Satoshi Kirishima himself", a Tokyo police spokesman told AFP.

With his identity now verified, "we sent five case files (involving him) to the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office today", the spokesman said.

In one of those five cases, Kirishima allegedly helped plant a homemade bomb that blasted away parts of a building in Tokyo's upscale Ginza district in April 1975.

While interrogated by police shortly before his death, Kirishima recounted details about his family and the extremist group that only he could have known, according to local media.

A young Kirishima was a member of the East Asia Anti-Japan Armed Front, which in the 1970s orchestrated a series of fatal bomb attacks on corporate giants, including one at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries that killed eight people.

"I want to meet my death with my real name," he reportedly told staff at the hospital before his death.

Via RTE News

Owners of wonky pub ordered to rebuild​

Owners of The Crooked House pub have been ordered to rebuild it following its destruction in a suspected case of arson last year.
I expect it will be quite a challenge for builders to recreate the wonkiness which would usually get them sued for bodging the job!

crooked.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-68414524

Olivia Wilde’s nipples are doing every woman a favour. So why is she getting hate for them?

It’s a question we’ve all been asking. Metro in case you’re wondering.

I’m starting a ‘stop hating Olivia Wilde’s nipples you bastards’ Facebook group.

Back