• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
If you are into Bigfoot then I recommend Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. It definitely has the two best friends vibe and there is lots of geeky Bigfoot stuff. The Q and As are the best as the guest ones depend on the guest. Unsurprisingly.

I gave that one a listen not long ago, not my vibe, it's like listening to cheesy morning DJs ugh. But thank you for the recommendation!
You are joking right? Scott and Forest are anything but how you describe them. I'd recommend you stick with it and give it another go based on what you are asking for. Their deep dives and research are second to none.

I'd give some of their multi episode stories a try, like Oak Island, Amelia Earhart, Betz Sphere and Skinwalker Ranch.

But hey ho, different things appeal to different people. I hope you find what you want. ;0)

If you are into Bigfoot then I recommend Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo...
Or as it's becoming more and more known, "Cliff and usually Bobo", given the latter's frequent absence in unlikely circumstances. Every episode it's "Is Bobo even there? Is he stuck up a tree? Can he remember how hats work?" etc. It is a really enjoyable podcast though.

Or as it's becoming more and more known, "Cliff and usually Bobo", given the latter's frequent absence in unlikely circumstances. Every episode it's "Is Bobo even there? Is he stuck up a tree? Can he remember how hats work?" etc. It is a really enjoyable podcast though.

My youngest son & I used to watch the t.v show 'Finding Bigfoot' that Cliff & Bobo appeared on.
A few years ago as a surprise gift I bought him a Cameo (where you pay a Celeb to record a video message which is then sent to the recipient) from Bobo.
It was great! It went something along the lines of ''Hey, LL & son of LL, I just want to give a big shout out to two of my favourite Yowie Hunters from Down Under etc etc...''
It was the best $20 I'd spent that year!

My youngest son & I used to watch the t.v show 'Finding Bigfoot' that Cliff & Bobo appeared on.
For all the flack I've given it over the years, I do have a strong affection for Finding Bigfoot as its heart is in resolutely the right place (and they have been at the mercy of egregious editing on a number of occasions, which was out of their hands). They're genuine researchers, getting out there. Fair play to them.

The Strange Sessions was the first podcast I got into and now that I'm up to date after binging for months, I'm looking for a similar paranormal/supernatural podcast.

I've found tons of them, but none with the same vibe as The Strange Sessions, which feels like hanging out with 2 best friends who happen to be super interesting. All of the others I've found either have that annoying NPR-Whisper-Into-The-Microphone-Breathing-Heavily type vibe or they're just telling stories with no discussion or worse yet, frat bros "aww yeeeeaaaaaaaaaahh" kind of rahrah stuff. I just want 2 normal people to discuss paranormal stuff! Any recommendations?
Talking Til Dawn? They've been a bit infrequent lately but there's quite a back catalogue, and it's two Scottish blokes, and they do some quite in depth investigations into most of the stuff they talk about.

Two podcasts I get via podbean

Mysteries and Monsters - varied topics and unsensationally delivered. Several mentions already on this thread.

Earth Ancients - left field view of archaeology and early civilisations/early humans in the Americas

Two podcasts that became disappointing

Mysterious Universe - was often good in the early episodes but now seems mostly tedious with ever more obscure/tenuous subjects and dead ends.

theunexplainedtv - can get some interesting guests but Howard Hughes (the host) just can not stop continually interrupting them until the podcast becomes unlistenable. Bit of a shame.

Two podcasts I get via podbean

Mysteries and Monsters - varied topics and unsensationally delivered. Several mentions already on this thread.

Earth Ancients - left field view of archaeology and early civilisations/early humans in the Americas
Oh nice, I'm really into Neolithic and ancient Britain right now!

Last edited:
Two good podcasts for cryptozoology

Sasquatch Chronicles - over 1000 episodes now. Host, Wes Germer, listens and lets the guest tell their story. Exposure to this phenomenon often life changing for many of them.

Dogman Encounters - this is near 500 episodes and is weird. Tough to get your head around this whole thing - but again, life changing for many.

Two podcasts that became disappointing

Mysterious Universe - was often good in the early episodes but now seems mostly tedious with ever more obscure/tenuous subjects and dead ends.

theunexplainedtv - can get some interesting guests but Howard Hughes (the host) just can not stop continually interrupting them until the podcast becomes unlistenable. Bit of a shame.
Mysterious Universe certainly went through a difficult patch where every free episode seemed to be an analysis of some obscure book about someone claiming to have led a fantastical and mystical (and fictional) life full of encounters with spirits and demons etc. However, In my opinion I feel It has definitely picked up again in the last six months or so and is mostly back doing what it does best, for example Mothman:

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2023/09/30.08-MU-Podcast-Mothman-Raids-Again/

Any 'Mysteries and Monsters' listeners? Started strongly with the likes of @stu neville, @lordmongrove, Dr David Clarke and Rob Gandy but despite the occasional strong episode it has sadly is in danger of becoming the epitome of less is more and with little-known interviewees from esoteric fringe paranormal fields, for example "Hanging with Vampires" and "The Polychronicon of Merlin, Joseph & Arthur"

Mysterious Universe certainly went through a difficult patch where every free episode seemed to be an analysis of some obscure book about someone claiming to have led a fantastical and mystical (and fictional) life full of encounters with spirits and demons etc.
Yes, lots of those. However, listened to the mothman raids again and you are right - a good episode. Thanks!

Not quite a podcast, but BBC sounds is running “Do You Believe In…” a series investigating the paranormal, first broadcast on the World Service in 1999.
A bit dated but it covers
…Telepathy
…Precognition
…The Presence of the Past
…Ghosts
…Miracles
…Life After Life

Forteana from my past without a UFO, Mothman or Crypto Beast on the list.

Go to BBC Sounds and type “Do You Believe In” into the search box.

The Fortean Times gets a passing mention in the episode on Telepathy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p03ghkyj?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Last edited:
Not quite a podcast, but BBC sounds is running “Do You Believe In…” a series investigating the paranormal, first broadcast on the World Service in 1999.
…Telepathy
…Precognition
…Ghosts
…Miracles
…Life After Life

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p03ghkyj?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Ooo and it's available outside the UK...looking forward to this, thanks!

…Telepathy
…Precognition
…Ghosts
…Miracles
…Life After Life

Again, not a podcast but a few short spoken essays from BBC Sounds of a Fortean nature. The five episodes are collectively titled the further realm and were first broadcast back in 2015.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b06kb0f8?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b06kcbkh?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b06kcmq0?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b06kcmq2?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b06kcmq4?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Anyone who - like me - was using this link to access the very excellent Talking Till Dawn podcast may - like me (again) - be somewhat excited to learn that they did not cease production in September 2022, and that there have been some releases since then. Not many - the presenters have been involved in other projects - but a few.

For those using that old link, all episodes are here.

The Talking Till Dawn episodes are also up on Michael Whitehouse's Ghastly Tales Youtube channel (which is itself very much worth a dip).

I still rate Talking Till Dawn as my personal favourite podcast in the genre.

Anyone who - like me - was using this link to access the very excellent Talking Till Dawn podcast may - like me (again) - be somewhat excited to learn that they did not cease production in September 2022, and that there have been some releases since then. Not many - the presenters have been involved in other projects - but a few.

For those using that old link, all episodes are here.

The Talking Till Dawn episodes are also up on Michael Whitehouse's Ghastly Tales Youtube channel (which is itself very much worth a dip).

I still rate Talking Till Dawn as my personal favourite podcast in the genre.
Wonderful. I now have to catch up:cheer:

Has nobody here, mods or long time posters with the time and means thought about a fortean board podcast? Pipe dream i know.
I've done some podcasts and unless you're going for a recording of a conversation type they are pretty time consuming to produce. So time would rule me out. Although I did enjoy making the ones I did.

Deacon on BBC sounds is Edson Burton's supernatural dramas about a mysterious drifter who turns up when least expected in order to save lost souls. Starring Don Warrington. Not a Podcast but I wasn’t sure where else to post it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p09dmv89?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Edit. I think this would transfer to the small screen as a supernatural series, one case per episode.

Last edited:
I’m really struggling to find decent Fortean podcasts to listen to now.
Everything seems to be UFO’s, Cryptids and wolf men.
A lot of UK podcasts seem to be fixated on what goes on in the states and finding the U.K. Bigfoot. If they haven’t found him in the US they aren’t going to find him in the U.K.
Podcasts that used to be churned out on a regular basis are now hit and miss or have completely fallen by the wayside. Aside from every Monday’s episode of the Quantum Mechanics there is nothing else that I look forward to anymore.

I’m really struggling to find decent Fortean podcasts to listen to now.
Everything seems to be UFO’s, Cryptids and wolf men.
A lot of UK podcasts seem to be fixated on what goes on in the states and finding the U.K. Bigfoot. If they haven’t found him in the US they aren’t going to find him in the U.K.
Podcasts that used to be churned out on a regular basis are now hit and miss or have completely fallen by the wayside. Aside from every Monday’s episode of the Quantum Mechanics there is nothing else that I look forward to anymore.
The most recent episode of Mysteries and Monsters has Mr. Stu Neville as guest talking about 60's and '70's horror films and tv. I haven't listened to the whole episode yet, but enjoyed the discussion about The Abominable Dr. Phibes, and subsequently, Vincent Price.

I have to listen to it again in full as there are a couple of films mentioned that I have never seen that I need to find.

I too, am not interested in cryptids nor ufos. Maybe that is why the podcasts are not as regular. There are many doing the same stories. There are a limited number of stories of any known case.

I also wonder if the way podcasters are paid for their content has changed, making it more difficult ie expensive for them to continue a regular schedule. For an hour show, I know there is hours of production and editing done.

I don’t much care for the host of mysteries and monsters. I was a regular but found him a bit fawning to his guests and, if I remember correctly, he tends to ramble on.
I will give this one a listen to as his Most High is a guest.

The most recent episode of Mysteries and Monsters has Mr. Stu Neville as guest talking about 60's and '70's horror films and tv. I haven't listened to the whole episode yet, but enjoyed the discussion about The Abominable Dr. Phibes, and subsequently, Vincent Price.

I have to listen to it again in full as there are a couple of films mentioned that I have never seen that I need to find.

I too, am not interested in cryptids nor ufos. Maybe that is why the podcasts are not as regular. There are many doing the same stories. There are a limited number of stories of any known case.

I also wonder if the way podcasters are paid for their content has changed, making it more difficult ie expensive for them to continue a regular schedule. For an hour show, I know there is hours of production and editing done.

Another great episode. I listened to this the night before last. As a result my list of things to watch has now grown longer.

I've been listening to the Mr Ballen Podcast on Amazon Music (Unfortunately it's sat behind that paywall, but if you have an Amazon Prime subscription you will be able to access it); There are loads more stories he hasn't covered on his YouTube channel. There's also his spin off podcast, Mr Ballen's Medical Mysteries.

I was surprised to find out that my kids (12 and 11) love Mr Ballen and ask for it to be put on in the car. The Medical Mysteries podcast has been going down a treat with them lately; They seem fascinated; The grimmer the better.

The Bedtime Stories (YouTube) channel has also now teamed up with Mr Ballen and have a podcast on Amazon Music.

I don’t much care for the host of mysteries and monsters. I was a regular but found him a bit fawning to his guests and, if I remember correctly, he tends to ramble on.
I will give this one a listen to as his Most High is a guest.
Mysteries & Monsters has definitely gone off the boil after a fantastic start with the likes of Rob Gandy, Small Town Monsters, David Clarke. The Ghost Story Guys, Katy Elizabeth (Champ) etc. Now we seem to mostly get the likes of "The New Mexico Book of Witches with John LeMay". I no longer routinely listen to every episode but there are still some gems and FT contributors to be found such as @stu neville, Rob Gandy, @RuthRoperWylde and @lordmongrove so it is worth keeping an eye on.

Also, it pains me to say it but Paul increasingly talks over his guests rather then letting them tell their own story but conversely never challenges some of the complete fantasy b*ll*cks some guests come out with. I think Paul needs to reflect on "Less is More" and take the occasional break so that he has fewer but better-known and more credible guests (and less reliance on obscure American guests).

@Tempest63 When I'm stuck I search for the likes of Rob Gandy, @stu neville, @lordmongrove and David Clarke, never fails

Back